ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• FC Saarbrucken 2015/16 (1)

• League Table | Transfers | Finances | Squad

After many false starts at this i’ve finally managed to get through the first season, and to be honest it went too well! I had never expected to get promoted this quickly, especially with it being another 1 or 2 seasons until I can use any of my youths. Saarbrucken seem to be a relatively big club for this level but the media only placed us in 17th at the start of the season, little did they know..
      In the second division you get 4.4m just for finishing last so the prize money will be invaluable for upgrading my facilities, however I honestly can’t see us staying up with the players i’ve got at the moment. We only have 3 recognised strikers and the starting 2 are 35 and 34 years old respectively.
      Star Performers

Felix Luz
      - Led the line superbly all season finishing with just under a goal a game. Not bad at all for a 34 year old that can’t run.
      Patrick Zoundi - Our creative hub on the wing and really made our team tick. Another who won’t be around too much longer sadly.
      Youth Intake

Michael Zimmermann (16a)

Manuel Djordevic (16b)

Elias Weber (16c)
      Benjamin Birk (16d)

Lothar Morozov (16e)

Pretty happy with these lads and it’s a shame I can’t use them till they turn 17 as 2 or 3 would certainly be on the bench already based on ability. Weber is the one i’m most excited about providing I can get his pace up a little and my assistant says he can go far.
      Goals for next season

- Stay up! Anything else is a bonus
      - Upgrade youth or training facilities

Good stuff toonbalmy87 and officiallydeej. Pity about the German age limits, you could loan those boys to me until they're old enough, they'd walk right into my team! :lol:

Meanwhile I think we've locked in a profit this year. Had to earn it the hard way with a home tie but ...

1uZBwhl.png

:applause:

Edit: The boys thought it was more than just a payday! What an upset! Now for the other Manchester in the next round, can we do it again? Pity it's at home, that away tie just earned us close to a million pounds!

vUN5LuB.png

Edit 2: Nope, asking for a 3rd miracle was too much, at least put up a fight in a 2-0 loss. The money made from the 3rd round will get us youth and training upgrades, very happy, wasn't expecting that for a while!

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2028/29 - Vanarama Conference: 2nd

Squad | Transfers

Coulda, shoulda, didn't.

We hit the ground running and looked sensational early, winning 9 and drawing the other 2 of our first 11. Then our keeper went down with a hip injury. Our second best keeper, who I'd sent out on a "can be recalled" loan was already injured. Had to resort to giving the youths debuts. We only took 10 points from the next 11. Took us a few games to find our form once he returned too, you know how losing tends to affect morale which means strikers can no longer kick straight. At the end of the season that was the difference between playoffs and wining the league.

Still a second place finish gave us a shot at the playoffs again, but 10 minutes of lost concentration undid us. We'd done a tidy job keeping the away leg to nil all after 84 minutes. We lost it 3-0. Home leg was an exercise in futility as they could just sit back and protect their lead, ended up 1-1 and season over, thanks for playing.

Of course the already mentioned 3rd round FA Cup victory over Manchester City that's financing improvements to the youth and training facilities is the only silver lining in a year we really wasted.

Key Players

Really a no brainer for me to pick my player of the year, our keeper (22b) Casey Driver in a landslide. We let in 36 goals in the 34 1/2 league games he played, and 25 in the other 11 1/2.

Youth Intake

Looking at our age profile we're starting to look very mid 20-ish ... we haven't been bringing in that many new faces the last few years. Unfortunately we've not had super luck with intakes even when they look good as they've tended to not develop that well in the under 18s and see downgrades in their perceived potential ... maybe facility upgrades can help? Going to have to bring in some new blood soon even if they don't have super potential just to avoid a mass exodus at the same time.

(29a) Ryan Morrison - DL/DR - A high potential fullback comfortable on both sides and with both feet! Definitely still needs work but an exciting prospect if he hits his potential.

(29b) Clive Gilder - DR/DL - Decently well set for right footed fullbacks already, and this guy is injury prone, so not too excited about him despite having a good personality.

(29c) Christian Sedlan - ML/AML - I like that this guy is already well suited to an inside forward role, no need to prop up a weak area.

Previous Season Goals

With the FA Trophy won, nothing to play for at this level, time for promotion. - Failed

Next Season Goals

Win the league and avoid this playoff rubbish.

toonbalmy87 congrats! You are really making it hard not to venture back to Sweden! :)

Congrats as well to officiallydeej! Promotion at the first time of asking :thup:

Holy hell Shakes! That is a truly awesome cup run! Gutting league finish, but like you say, the facility upgrades are definitely a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed for the league next year!

Good luck matthew812!

Hoping to start my Russian adventure tonight.

sölvesborgs_gif.gif

[League] [Results] [squad Stats][Transfers][Finances]

Sölvesborgs Season 5 2019-2020

First Division South

League

Well that didn't go to plan at all. A really disappointing season the ended with us being relagated back to division 2. We started poorly and with a couple of experienced players left, things seemed to unravel. We really miss a natural goalscorer and it really hurt us this season. We had a decent run of form to get out of the bottom three but then slipped up. Whereas Limhamn managed to win these games. The final game of the season came and mathematically we still had a good chance of staying up, needing a good win. But although the results went our way the goal difference was too much.

Perhaps being relegated will help us rebuild and come back stronger, a.k.a The Shakes method. Not sure yet as the problems we have scoring still exist. Back to the drawing board and heres hoping for a quick bounce back to First division.

Youth Intake

Screenshot bug stitched me up here, but I didn't realise until now. I have the only guy I tagged though, a poor intake again and HOYD was replaced at the end of the season

Martin Lindgren (YP05a) A good centre back, with a most of the basics covered, I hope he develops quickly and in division 2 he should get games.

Summary

It's a shame to have this set back, but I am still enjoying the save and have retained my job so will push onwards. On a positive note, I managed to fill out my backroom finally as for some reason they wanted to join me now?

Goals

-Promotion

Started this with the lvl 9 pack and wanted to do my first update, but am I even allowed to use the lvl 9 database?

edit: Never mind, I already noticed it's gonna take a hell of a lot luck to get out of the county leagues. Starting up a new one now :)

Ok so new question, I started a save in the Netherlands but there is no relegation from Jupiler League (irl it's possible, but only if an amateur club wants to go up, this will change to normal promotion from 2016 onwards). Can I just take the team that finished last in the previous season? Or should I create a relegation spot with the editor?

Ok so new question, I started a save in the Netherlands but there is no relegation from Jupiler League (irl it's possible, but only if an amateur club wants to go up, this will change to normal promotion from 2016 onwards). Can I just take the team that finished last in the previous season? Or should I create a relegation spot with the editor?

Neither. If you want to use Holland then you need to holiday until Relegation is possible, as the whole point is to manage a previously unplayable team.

The editor isn't allowed in any circumstances. :)

Sanno11 - Bad luck but hopefully it works for you in the long run. Lindgren has solid attribute distribution, should be a good player. Will be interested to see what your attendances are like after relegation, mine have remained disappointing below the level of our relegation season despite our rep being way better than it was due to what we've achieved since then.

v1n1akabozo - Always a risk when a patch comes out! I wish they'd do more frequent, but smaller, changes to the ME so that there isn't that level of boom or bust in the game.

ebDIt.gif

Leça Futebol Clube-Season 1

National Championship First Phrase

League/Results

We can basically divide the campaign into three parts. We didn't manage to get a win at the first six matches, which was worrying. We manage to get the most important wins, against relegation candiates, Alverca and Vilaverdense, whom got relegated after the season. After two consecutive home defeats. We secure ourself in the 8th position onto the relegation stage. The one game i was devasted is the 4-0 loss to Alverca, especially when we manage to get a win against a stronger opponent last game. if the league ends now, we would have to play relegation playoff.

National Championship Relegation Stage

League/Results

This is portugal, when the league system is so bizarre. It can be fun, but only if you performed! Seems like I am the happy one this time. All of the sudden, we notched four wins out of five games which basically put us away from the automatic relegation zone. Our form did not continued like that, but we still manage to stay at league with 2 games to go. We are also rather inconsistent, with a 2-6 win versus Vilarverdense, a 5-2 loss versus Fafe, and a 0-4 win against cerveira, following a 2 nil defeat at our stadium against a relegated team. Ultimately we are ranked fourth in the league, which i was very pleased about it.

Taca De Portugal

Results

Nothing special to say about here. I hate cups so much.

Squad

lack of real quality, but i can't find ways to improve it.

Youth Candidates

Rui Silva (GK)-2* current ability, 4* potential ability, played 5 matches last season, securing 2 clean sheets

Felipe Amaral (CM)-2* current ability, 4* potential ability, played 7 matches last season, scoring 2, assisted 2, and got 1 MOTM.

Iduino Sani (LW)-2* current ability, 4* potential ability, played 8 matches last season, scoring 2, assisted 1.

Transfers

they all think that leca is a small and poor team so they left, and they are right i am heading into 500k debt despite having the 3rd least wage budget in the national championship. (there are 80 teams in it). The board didn't allow me to increase junior coaching budget.

Previous Goal: Avoid Relegation-Sucess

Expectations of the following season: improve finance, consolidate at league (new: i got handed in a very tough group, with 2 relegated teams in it, hopefully i can still manage to get a result in it)

I also started this challenge a while ago, with Ifk Eskilstuna

hs1bte.png

Season 1

11th in the Swedish 4th league

Finances after season 1

Regen 1

Regen 2

Season 2

1st in the Swedish 4th league

Finances after season 2

Previous rankings

Only decent youth intake

Season 3

Second in the Swedish third league

Promoted to the Swedish Superettan

Swedish cup second round

Again only decent youth intake

Finances after season 3

Season 4

5th in the Swedish Superettan

Only 1 decent youth player

Finances after season 4

Goals for next season:

- Stabilise in the Superettan

- More financial stabilty

- Upgrade something

- Go pro

(sorry for posting four seasons at once but i only just registered at this forum:) )

Leça Futebol Clube 2nd Season

ec07c7df-2ac3-4c16-8e35-6a34def69ee2_d.jpg

National Championship First Phrase

We had a very ,very inconsistent form. I thought two win games could be a solid start of our good campaign, but we immediately got punished by three losses. Amazingly, we had a 7 game unbeaten won afterwards, which was the first time i get in FM15 (i cannot manage to get it in both Hertha (Bundesliga) and Geneve (Swiss Axpo) ). A promotion playoff place seems realistic at this point. However, we are back to earth with 7 games without winning streak. Illuminati? I am not 12 year old kid lol! We got a 5th place at last.

National Championship Relegation Stage

We start off quite quickly with a good 4 wins within 5 games streak putting us into a safe position. We are in 3rd with seven rounds to go and automatic relegation positions are 7th and 8th. Somehow we manage to used up all our advantage with only gaining 1 point at 5 games. Therefore at one point, we are in the automatic relegation zone and with 2 away games to keep us up. And, for once, we finally perform, winning away 1-3 at Mirandela, perhaps the most important game of this career so far. This had not end yet as if farense and cerveira winning, and mirandela a draw, we could still be relegated, Or if two of three critireas are met, we would have to play a relegation playoff. We would play a games vs releagted U.Lamas. seems easy huh? well we lost 4-0.......luckily we still scrap it into 4th place, but it should be never, ever like that it the first point. if we can have a more stable form.......

Youth Products would be posted in seperate post as i have a link limit of 2.

Expectations of last season: Improve finances-Failed, Consolidation in league-(umm....semi-success)

Expectation of this season: Aim for promotion stage aka top two in the group

matthew812 - Sorry no idea what the actual limit is, just recall other new posters having the same problem.

Have been busy with preparation for my D&D game so haven't gotten the chance to advance this much, but going through the off season the board cancelled the training facility upgrades as there weren't quite enough funds by the time the end of season rolled around. However we did go professional (board's decision, not my request). Since I'd just re-signed the entire squad I can't give them professional contracts yet to see exactly how much it's going to cost me.

Shakes-Thanks for answering my question. i have finish the second season nevertheless. I have got my first report deleted, gonna write a word-only report next time, and save it at pages to typing it again and again......

Professional contracts are costly, but you can renew your contracts in a longer basis. e.g. i remember semi-pro contract is only 1 or 2 years max. There is also a tip that you can add optional contract extension by club to the players who refuse to have a long contract. When i download save games at fm14, i can have a contract with 8 years duration (5+3 optional contract extension by club) lol.

Yeah, the 5 years is the big thing, not having the re-sign the entire team in the off season makes the challenge a lot more pleasant. The immediate upgrade of youth contracts to 80 a week from 5 already hurts, I normally just sign everyone in the intake because why not and release anyone that's terrible at the start of the year, now that's a bit more costly.

Signing players for too long can be a bad thing too, they complain a lot now if they're not playing, so if you sign someone long term and then you end up having better options they could become a real issue ... it also seems hard to move on players who aren't playing, giving you the problem that you have an unhappy player who you can't git rid of.

So my first try with Kalamata was not a very big success. After 7 points in the first 3 games we went off to a really good start, but then **** hit the fan. My only goalie was out for quite a few games so I had to play an outfield player, and a striker that scored 7 after just 4 games, went on a 22 game goal drought before scoring one more goal. I wasn't even fired but the drop was unavoidable 2 games before the end.

I might go for Turkey next.

BustaRaymes-Good luck with Turkey. There are foreign restriction in 2.lig i believe, therefore your opponents would be only using turkey players to play against you, which gives you a slightly more advantage comparing to greece. I once manage a kurdistan team and it was a enjoyable experience.

Youth Products

First season youths:

Felipe Amaral (CM)-3* Current ability, 4* potential ability. played 26 games last season, 2 goals, 2 assists, 3 MOTM. runner up of fan's player of the year.

Rui Silva (GK)-3* Current ability, 4* potential ability. played 20 games last season, 6 cleansheets, and 1 MOTM.

Iduino Sani (LW)-3* Current ability, 4* potential ability. played 28 games last season, 8 goals, 6 assists, 1 MOTM.

Fernando Castro (CB)-1.5* Current ability, 4* potential ability. played 7 games last season, 2 goals, 1 MOTM.

Iduino Gomes (DM/CB)-1.5* Current ability, 4* potential ability. played 15 games last season.

Second Season youths:

Duarte Fernandes (RW)-2* Current ability, 4* potential ability,played 7 games last season, 2 goals.

Victor Anjo (CM/DM)-2* Current ability, 4* potential ability, played 6 games last season, 2 assists.

(anjo's screenshot was taken at the start of third season, different from the others which was the end of second season.)

Alemannia Aachen - 3th division - 2016-2017

Predicted: 17th

Finished: 3th and promotion after play-offs!!!!!!

This season finish was tottaly unpredicted and way above my expectations.

We started the season not very good with only 1 win in our 4 opening games, but after that we went on a 9 game unbeaten run. after this unbeaten run we were allways just outside the playoffs and stayed between 4th and 6th place. In the next 5 games I could gain 1 victory and I thought that would be the end of our play-off dreams. In the second half of the season we had an impressive run of 6 winning games in a row, and we finally hit 3t place. But suddenly our unbeatable run was over. We only win 2 of our last 7 games, but we held on in 3th place, due to the fact that the other teams around the play-off spots were as bad as we were.

Due to our bad end of the season I didn't expect anything in the play-offs. We played against Rostock, who finished 18th in the second league.

The first game was at Rostock, and suddenly we know again how to play football. We went up after 15 minutes, and keep playing incredible good football, but couldn't score a second goal. And you all know, when you miss several changes, the other team will score. That also happend in our game, and Rostock equalized after 42 minutes. In the last minute off the first half, our fortune changed again, because a player off Rostock got a straight red card. The second half was actually a 1 sided game, bu we only could score once more. The game finished 1-2 but it could and should have a bigger victory. Everything was still possible in the second leg.

In the second leg we know what to do, don't let Rostock score 2 goals or more and we would gain promotion.

I think the players were extremelly nervous, because we were very very poor. Rstock created change after change, but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. After 71 minutes we decided to help them by scoring an own goal. At that moment we were up by away goals. These were the most nervous 19 minutes of the season, and in the last minute of the regular time Rostock hit the post, but couldn't score a deserved second goal, and we were up. 0-1 was the final score and we are up on away goals.

I'm so delighted, but I think that this promotion is way to early.I have to replace at least 2 first team players by 17 year old players, because the first teamers are 35 and I don't believe the are good enough for second diivsion.

Games 1

Games 2

Play-off games

Youth intake was good again and I tagged 5 players

Robin Burkhardt (YP2a): potential leading second division player

Phillipp Lorz (YP2b): also a potential good second division player.

Dominic Wasillewski (YP2c): Also a potential second division player.

Zeki Batur (YP2d): Second division potential

Lukas Welkl (YP2e)

These are our -19 players at the moment, and you can see that we have a lot off talent in our ranks, the only problem is that I can't play them until they become 17.

Transfers: 1 unhappy plyer sold

Goals next season: Survive!!!!!!!

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2029/30 - Vanarama Conference: 1st

Squad | Transfers

Normally with a goal difference of +53 you'd romp it home, but this went right to the wire. Even a 17 game unbeaten run couldn't get us any clear air as Worcester chased us all the way.

It got so close we went into the last game equal on points and goal difference, only our superior goals scored separated us. We had an easier last game, but that really meant nothing as it was a tense affair as to how attacking we should go to try to pull away. We nudged ahead most of the day but with the game sitting at 3-1 they pulled level on goal difference late in the game and I had to make a decision whether to chase another goal to seal it or hope they couldn't get one. Ended up just sitting on what we had and at the end of the day when it came in that it was enough it was fist pumping time, we absolutely deserved to go up.

We also again managed to reach the 4th round of the FA cup - no big pay day this time but the fact we can match it with bigger teams gives me some confidence about the season ahead. We're in the football league!

Key Players

Our scoring is what got us home, and 3 players went past the 20 goal mark: (16a) Adam James, (23a) Aidan Potter and (22c) Ollie Cambridge - the goals proved vital in the end!

Youth Intake

One prospect I really like from this.

(30a) Chris McCarthy - DC/DM/DR - First player in a while to get their debut straight up, and even though he was playing DM he banged in a long range effort. Already has good defensive attributes, I think he's a can't miss prospect.

(30b) Jake Edwards - AMC/MC - Solid all round, our midfield looked weak just a few years ago but now looks our most promising area.

Previous Season Goals

Win the league and avoid this playoff rubbish. - Success!

Next Season Goals

There's only two relegation spots, stay away from them!

Amazing season Shakes. That is some seriously consistent goal scoring. Chris McCarthy looks like a great prospect already, like you said I think he will be a success no matter what.

Good luck on your debut in the football, really hope you survive.

Great season Bartrcm, best of luck for next season.

That's some serious progress already jimwandt, welcome to the challenge. Looking forward to more detail in next seasons update.

Bartrcm-Solid Progress with Aachen! The reason that Aachen was relegated is because they got bankrupt or something like that, before they used to be a solid 2.Bundesliga team, and they once when to bundesliga too! So I am happy to see Aachen rise again to the league they belong to:)

Shakes-Finally to the football league! Good choice of team btw, Histon was one of the few teams in the conference levels that use youth products a lot, unfortunately they got relegated 2 to 3 years ago, but their youth foundation is quite good at this level, irl their presence of the league is like crewe in league 1.

Got Man City again in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, couldn't giant kill them this time (lost 2-1), but it might just balance the books for the year. Still only getting just over 1000 to my home league games!

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2030/31 - Sky Bet League 2: 5th

Squad | Transfers

Wow, well above expectations there! I would have been happy with finishing 22nd, but we got off to a strong start, aided by a downright stingy defense, and sat in the automatic promotion places for much of the first half of the season. Probably flattered us a little, as even though we were only giving up a goal a game we weren't scoring much more and had done well to grind out a few results.

The predictable mid season slump seemed to have us falling back down to mid table, but a strong finish meant we ended up only just outside the promotion places and in the playoffs!

We hadn't won a playoff semi-final in 3 previous attempts and that run continued, doing an OK job in an eventual away leg 1-0 loss to Morecambe, but we couldn't score at home and the score stayed 1-0. Not really disappointed, promotion could have been an expensive problem for us with everyone getting promotion wage rises, going up too soon could be a curse.

Key Players

(27a) Calvin Cole missed the start of the season after tearing a hamstring in our last friendly, but made up for lost time when he came back, being a good goal scoring threat from central midfield. He's forming a really good midfield pairing (24a) Screve Makengo, who is our first international, admittedly for DR Congo. :)

Youth Intake

Potential, but not without problems in this intake.

• (31a) Jordan Jones - ML/AML - 1 finishing is a bit of a problem for a would be inside forward. Really need someone to work out here, we've used the same 5 up from for the past 6 years.
  • (31b) Daryl Pope - DC/DL/DR - Too small to make a centre back, will have to try to turn into a full back.
  • (31c) Alli Keepence - AML/ML/AMR - Comes in with the "hugs touchline" PPM, which is terrible for my tactic. :(
  • (31d) Dean Taylor - MC - Needs a lot of work on his physical stats.
  • (31e) Scott Green - DC - Not great size for a centre back and a poor jumper even for his height, but otherwise looks workable. Like our forwards our centre backs are aging together and need some renewal.

Previous Season Goals

There's only two relegation spots, stay away from them! - Success

Next Season Goals

If we're ready for promotion we'll get it, if not another year will do us good.

Leça Futebol Clube 3rd Season

ULTRA%2BLE%25C3%2587A.JPG

National Championship First Phrase: 1st/National Championship Promotion Stage: 1st (Promoted)/Final Position 2nd(Lost to Naval at penalties 12-11)

Wow. Just wow. My expectations is to clinch the promotion stage places, but our form was just extraordinary. No one really stands out on the team, but all our players perform very consistent, as we only got 3 defeats in the whole season! The league is one of the hardest league to promote imo as it requires lots of consistency. After last year's up and down, i still can't believe we can promote. It is a pity that i am not over 18 cause i really wanna open the champagne in the shelf! Cheers team!

Taca De Portugal: Lost to Guimaraes in 4th round

We finally had a good run here, managing to beat clubs that are in the same level as ours, and having a good game with Guimaraes, losing narrowly to them. Although the money obtain is quite small.....

Youth Intake:

Armando (ST) 2* Current Ability, 4* Potential Ability, 9 games this season, 4 goals, 2 assists, 1 MOTM

First Team This Year

Rui Silva(YI1)

Ruben Pereira/Fernando Castro(YI1)/Penela/Diogo Carneiro

Iduino Gomes(YI1)

Felipe Amaral(YI1)/Victor Anjo(YI2)

Duarte Fernandes(YI2) Iduino Sani(YI1)

Russo or Armando(YI3)

Subs: Antonio Silva(YI1)/Miguel Carreira/Andre Cunha/Luis Canoso/Fabio Moco(YI1)/Jose Carlos(YI2)

Expectations of last year: exceed everything

Expectations this year: improve finance, improve junior coaching, Survive.

bk_olympic_malm%C3%B6_thumb.png

BK Olympic - Season 5

Champions

League Table

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Key Players

Theorin

Granfeldt

Ahman

Youth Candidates

YP1

YP1A

YP1B

YP2

YP2A

YP2B

YP2C

YP3

YP3A

YP3B

YP3C

YP4

YP4A

YP4B

YP4C

YP4D

YP5/Report

YP5A/Report

YP5B/Report

Its going to be really tough i dont like going straight up the divisions hopefully ill be able to avoid relegation

Neue_Viktoria_zpsc73dee4e.png~original

Vicktoria Köln

Season 2 Review (2016/17)

League Table | League Positions |Squad Stats | Transfers[/url] |

Season Review

With the board only wanting me to avoid relegation, and the media predicting the heady heights of 17th place, I'm confident the team may have exceeding those expectations with picking up the league trophy with a game to go. Though, I think the board have an aversion to the team making money, with splashing out £28m on a new stadium. With the somewhat large loan payments, I kind of have to hope that 2nd division money is enough to cover them, otherwise the club is going to end up in the deep deep red.

Youth Intake

Not really happy with this years lot, luckily the HoYD's contract is up, so he's being shown the door. Just the 2 obvious stand-out players.

Andreas Dick - Despite the slightly unfortunate name, could prove handy down the wing.

Julian Neuer - Well, I needed a left winger too...

Miscellaneous

Picked up the manager of the year award. along with my first coaching qualification, giving a slight boost to my stats.

Season 3 Targets

Avoid relegation, maybe turn a profit.

Trophy Cabinet

1 German Third Division Trophy

Archived