ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think CFA is ever playable?

I think i might need to give this save a bit of a break soon. 8 Seasons almost on the books and i havent played any other save since i started!. Have a Sassualo tycoon save sitting waiting for some love!

Also so disappointed with the ME post patch. Expected much better both at release and at what is effectively the second patch/hot fix :(

Corby Town FC - Season 2015/2016 Review

CorbyTownFC.png

League - Past Positions - Finances - Transfers - First Squad - U18 Squad

Vanarama North - 7th:

League Games: 1 & 2

Ten games into the season with 4 wins, 4 draws and only 2 defeats gave me some hopes we wouldn't have to fight for survival until the late stages, and so it happen't. We posed a threat to all sides, with a few weird games where nothing worked for us since the beggining and when i should have used a more defensive, maybe even a counter, mentality and instead i chose the lottery of attacking/overlap in a low tier. Despite that we had a lot of god positives in this season. Our attack almost never failed to score, and despite conceding as much as 86 goals, making us the 6th worst in this matter, i think we were solid enough in the back before the youth intake, the time when i decided to give the newcomers as much time as i could and it didn't end up seeming a good idead since we lost 7 games in a row (although we were still 10th by that time due our awesome campaign until March). I'm a little bit worried since our better striker is getting older and he pretty much did it all by himself.

From half season on, all the other teams pretty much got an idea of how we would play, and dropping deeper killed our striker, in his Poacher role, so he struggled a little bit and we had to tweak our tactics. Reading Braumiller's insights i decided to try a few adjustments and it ended up well as we got 9 points in our last 3 matches, nailing a top half finish in a season we were expected to be the completely destroyed.

From the finances perspective, i think the research i did on FM 14 gave me a good result. Losing only 15k is maybe the best result i've ever got on this challenge, and any decent cup run could see us making a nice profit. Will definitively stick to my minimalist approach, and when we get a cup run maybe i can upgrade the Youth Network.

Cups

We almost made it to the 1st round of FA and made it to the 1st round of the Trophy. I wasn't even focused on the cups this season because i really thought the relegation was a reality.

Key Players

Luke Bartlett - Yes he leaked 86 goals in 46 games, averaging almost 2 per game, but we conceded 26 games in the 7 games i decided to give the newcomers a chance. Excluding that his average of 1.5 goals per game is not bad at all, and there were a lot of games where i got myself into thanking him for some miracles. Maybe the best keeper i've ever had in all the 15+ teams i managed on the 6th division across all FM versions.

Spencer Weir-Daley - Scored 35 goals in 48 games this season. I have nothing else to add..OH WAIT I DO. He also contributed to his team-mates with another 13 assists on the league. Half of our goals came directly/indirectly from him. Awesome season.

Wilson Carvalho - 19 Assists and 6 goals are a nice mark for a 22y old. He and Nathan Fox bossed our flanks for us, sadly my best prospects will compete with them and i would prefer more central middlefielders.

Youth Intake

I didn't like this intake. No one shines out and what i needed the most, central middlefielders and another good striker, were ultimately the least good options i got. I like the versatily so many of them will be retrained. I'm used to tag all the players right from the start but will only comment the ones worthing a mention.

Pending.. Have to work tomorrow early, will update tomorrow night

Last Season Goals:

- Avoid Relegation; Achieved by March

- Introduce as many youths in the team as i can; Got 2 in the Starting XI by the end of the season

- Minimize losses with the new finacial approach; Maybe the biggest achievement IMO

- Upgrade Youth Recruitment; FAILED

Next Season Goals:

- Upgrade Youth Recruitment network

- Finish in the top-half.

- Maybe a Cup Run?

- Retrain the youth to fill the holes i have currently in squad depth and prepare a replacement for Spencer (or maybe even find a new way to play).

Good first season v1n1akabozo, Nathan Fox was on my team in my save, obviously I was using him wrong by playing him as a left back if he scored 19!

I'm debating whether to apply the patch or play another season with the ME I know. Guess I'll update that way if I get relegated I'll have an excuse. :lol:

Good first season v1n1akabozo, Nathan Fox was on my team in my save, obviously I was using him wrong by playing him as a left back if he scored 19!

I'm debating whether to apply the patch or play another season with the ME I know. Guess I'll update that way if I get relegated I'll have an excuse. :lol:

Personally I wouldnt apply the patch. It makes the game goal crazy and even though you could say it works both ways (for and against), it has taken away my enjoyment a lot. There are also still clear bugs, and its even more frustrating to find them when youve just taken the time to install another patch! /rant over.

I will plow on and finish this season but i think i need a break from this challenge. its the only save i have played since the full game came out, meaning i have yet to make a signing ever on the full version of FM15!

My last 3 games were with the new patch, i think its pretty stable, leaked less goals than in the 7 previous matches.

@Shakes I had him on FM 14 too as Corby and did the same as you haha. But to be fair, from the 19, half were on penalties , and other 3 or 4 from free kicks. Not bad, but Wilson did his job better on assisting, but Nathan remais in the starting XI in the next season.

Too late Jambo98, patch already applied, although my team is always a lottery whether I'll score lots or let in lots, it's probably worse after the patch - I already have a 6-1 result both for and against within the first 8 league games. Ah well, I don't mind a shoot out. Getting save speed fixed is probably worth it.

I don't understand how you could sign players after playing this challenge: how could you possibly enjoy seeing mercenaries play? I haven't signed anyone since FM12! :lol:

Too late Jambo98, patch already applied, although my team is always a lottery whether I'll score lots or let in lots, it's probably worse after the patch - I already have a 6-1 result both for and against within the first 8 league games. Ah well, I don't mind a shoot out. Getting save speed fixed is probably worth it.

I don't understand how you could sign players after playing this challenge: how could you possibly enjoy seeing mercenaries play? I haven't signed anyone since FM12! :lol:

Yeah. My friend convinced me to start a star LLM-rules game... I played maybe for an hour or two and couldn't play anymore. Signing players feels like cheating to me now :)

bk_olympic_malm%C3%B6_thumb.png

BK Olympic - Season 2

Promotion Yeah Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

League Table

Well we achieved my aim which was to get promoted it all came down to last game of the season 1st vs 2nd i was in 2nd place by 3pts but i had the superior GD and the end Result we are the champions !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Key Players

Granfeldt

Ali Koshi

Youth Candidates

YP1

YP1A

YP1B

YP2/Report

YP2A/Report

YP2B/Report

YP2C/Report

Congrats toonbalmy87.

I think the Dutch league rules have changed abirdc and the league is no longer usable for this challenge.

As far as my game goes, this substitutes for an end of season post:

G3WspkQ.png

Went on a 14 game run where I managed only a single draw, was never going to recover from that. Terrible defensively and 4th most goals in the league just wasn't enough to make up for how bad our defending was. Dozzell only scored 15 which was disappointing, since I was sure he could make the step up, but his scoring touch deserted him.

Don't know if the board are going to let me keep the job or not, not sure I want it anyway, English seasons are too long, I was sitting over 10 points from safety for the last 15-20 games and just playing out the string.

Not the time it takes to play individual games that bothers me, it's the number of games is just annoying, I pretty much knew I was going down after 30 games so why make me suffer through the last 16. :lol:

Offered a new contract but probably wont continue, I could probably get everyone re-signed and bring them back up again but would face the same issue with the defense, which is probably actually a midfield issue as intakes dictate I'm playing converted strikers at ML/MR and fairly weak MCs. Didn't even come out of the season any better off financially, got taken over and the new board is still having to inject money to stay afloat. If I'm going to be back at the bottom anyway may as well start somewhere else. :p

Shakes Though luck mate. Premier conference was my ceiling in FM13 two times. The jump in quality is just too big. You have lots of very good teams and your players just can't progress to that level (or it would require several seasons) because of poor facilities and even if they did, there is no chance of actually keeping them.

I would like you to have one more try, especially if you can resign most of your team. Going back up should be pretty straightforward... Right? :)

Shreddie - Scotland - Wick Academy - 2017/18

Season 3

Season Overview

League - 8th Again Again.

Cups:

Challenge Cup - 2nd Round - Raith (A) 5-5 (Lost on Pens) (1st Round - Peterhead (H) 2-1 aet)

League Cup - 1st Round - Hamilton (H) 1-3

Scottish Cup - 2nd Round - Annan (H) 0-1

Summary

League - Improvement. League position remains the same but was only 8 points away from a playoff spot. Never had the consistency to challenge much higher than 7th really at any point during the season but it was only a small run of games away from being a real challenge. A win and a draw in the four games vs champions Airdrie showed that on the day the side can beat any opposition in the league.

Plenty of debuts given throughout the season and extended runs in the side for other players, will explain further in the update section.

Achievement - Manager of the Month for Jan '18.

Cups -

First ever challenge cup win and an unfortunate penalty defeat to SL1 side Raith in the next round was the only cup highlight of note. LC & SC were insignificant losses including to parent club Hamilton and league rivals Annan. Desperately need a Rangers or Celtic next year to boost the finances.

That time again.....The Youths

Youth Intake - All signed on again. The players of interest and potential in the link.

Season 3 Intake -

Blair Smith - Central Midfielder who scored a few goals at the back of the season and was one of the highest average rating players (although limited games.) Likely to get rotated games in the coming season in a 3 man midfield.

Alan Watt - Central Midfielder who I'm considering to train as a False 9 (wacky ideas for SL2). Likely to get rotated time in central midfield for the time being with Blair Smith.

Michael Black - As above with Alan Watt.

Season 2 Intake - Progress

Sam Ellis - Ended up playing 33 games at a mix of RB , CB and very occasionally LB. Going to be one of my star players eventually so happy to accommodate him even at the sake of a currently better player.

Brian Finnie - Didn't play a first team game this season due to the senior forwards Hughes & Weir being significantly better and wanting to play a competitive side until the end of the season.

Stuart Brown - Played in 25 of the games to try and accelerate his progress despite senior RB G. Campbell being the better player. Likely to get a similar amount of games next season depending on where in the defence Ellis plays.

Season 1 Intake - Progress

Archie Campbell - What can I say about the guy! My assistant already rates him as the best player in the whole club and is one of the first names on the teamsheet each week. Just signed a bumper contract (he knows his worth) and considering making him my captain next season even at the age of 18, might hold out though as it could be a good bargaining chip in couple of seasons time for his next contract renewal.

Gary Brown - A stunted season for Brown. Managed 17 games in the season but with Ellis looking more like a center back and senior CB Budge playing the majority of games might have to take this rotated role for next season also.

Chris Mitchell - Used mainly as a sub this season. Seems like the new players are above him in the pecking order, will find his chances limited I imagine this season.

New Player to Add - Joe McKay - 8 starts and 18 subs appearances in a break through season for McKay. Favoured mainly due to his versatility being able to play in 3 of the attacking positions in the chosen formation. Chipped in with 6 league goals, expecting more from him again next season.

Finances & Transfers

Transfers - Clean slate , lots of players released this year.

Finances - Took an absolute hammering this year financially due to increased wages and money being pumped into the youth team. A cup draw is the only thing that can save me from the red next season.

Definite progress on the pitch this season and with players only getting stronger I'm hoping for a finish higher than 8th...expecting a playoff change within the next 3 seasons if I can hold onto these players.

I'm starting to get bored in Belgium because it's completely impossible to make money. Only using half the wage-budget, 3k+ every home-game and I still lose almost 100k a month. Then every time I'm down around 1M the owner injects 500k into the club to help with the running costs. Then we keep making losses and the owner injects more money etc. I have played 10 seasons and the only upgrade I've been able to make is junior coaching from poor to basic.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to make money in any other league in this challenge, or atleast not make heavy losses without any investments whatsoever? Or is it maybe club-dependant?

The feeling of constant (albeit very slow) improvement to the club as a whole (facilities, reputation, league etc) is what makes this challenge great and that's just not possible if you need to reach the top division before you can even think about making your first youth facilities-upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and, shame about the relegation Shakes. Your constant improvement in the league was nice to see.

Going to give this a go as I can't seem to get any consistent tactics going in FM15 so hoping that having to use and develop my own players will help me with this. Usually play in England so have decided I need to get completely away from there for a bit.

Have opted for Ribeira Brava in Portugal, on the island of Madeira. Like the idea of managing on a small island and trying to make it to the big time, and Portuguese players have cool names. Don't expect to go that well but just hoping for a few fun seasons where I can discover a good tactic or two and just see where it takes me.

Will add my profile later but with just 14 players it will be a tough first season. Did have 15 players but my best DM/MC left just a week after I started. I do have a very good looking 16 year old AMC though who is already rated as a four star player. Don't know how long I will be able to keep him.

v1n1akabozo - I made a "profit" of 207k in the current season, but that included a bank loan of 210k when the new chairman took over, as well as 170k in other funds put in to prop the club up. So in reality I lost about 170k, which is only slightly better than I was doing in the VCN. Total youth setup costs are only 60k, so it's not that doing me in. I don't have any scouts. My calculated player wage bill is 4.1k a week, and the actual came in under that, so appearance fees aren't excessive.

I think the problem is a revenue one, my average attendance was only 502, Braumiller reports seeing 3x that number. He started with a higher rep team than I did though, and made the playoff final three times before getting promoted to further boost rep, which probably helps.

brugi82 - I think my players as a group are good enough to survive, the talent distribution is an issue though. A lot depends on getting a lucky break and pulling out of the losing streaks, or not starting them in the first place. My streak started with successive 4-5 and 3-4 away losses to the teams that finished 1st and 3rd, a bit of luck and they're draws and my players are on a high from doing well in hard games and the streak never happens.

druvo - In Portugal in FM12/13 I could never upgrade anything until the top division either, in fact I think I needed European money before I could afford it. I think it's par for the course if you pick a smaller nation.

Shreddie - At least you're consistent! Getting some good youth into the side, you'll move up soon.

Jambo98 - My defending was always useless, so with going up a division I can't say if it's the game or not. What is broken is the number of 18 year olds wanting a chance in the first team. Can't loan them out, and if you leave them at the club they expect first team games they're not ready for. I've always kept anyone with potential on past their youth contract to develop a little more see whether they'll come in useful or not (never know when an injury crisis gives someone a chance), but it seems now you need to make the decision to keep or move on a lot sooner.

Villa_zps4616e8ab.png

Manager profile

Personal information

General club info

Starting facilities

Starting finances

After spending too much time in Belgium without any real signs of improvement I decided that I need a new challenge. I chose Spain because it's a country I find interesting and I've never managed there before.

Unión Deportiva Villa de Santa Brígida is based in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. My main competitor for youth talents will be U.D. Las Palmas, a team which surprisingly got promoted to Liga BBVA the previous season. Since Gran Canaria and the Canary Islands are located so far away from the main "land", I'm guessing our youth recruitment will be limited to the Canaries.

With only 14 players (4 being pure strikers) the first season will be all about stabilizing until the youth intake which hopefully will look good. Everything else is a bonus.

Okay so a false start to my game in Portugal. Looks like i will get relegated with Ribeira Brava after being in a strong position midway through the season. Played some great football but a terrible run late in the season has killed us. I kept the save so will be giving this another crack as I quite liked the team I had (albeit only 14 players). Just need to take a bit more time early on to sort out a tactic that will fit my team and ideally be more solid defensively for a whole season.

Think I may get addicted to the youth challenge style of play though!

Mushtaq - Unlucky in Portugal, but good luck with v2.0! The youth challenge is addictive (unfortunately!) lol

Good luck druvo! That looks like a tough starting team, I like it :thup:

Shakes - :( on the relegation. I'll take some finance and contract screenshots for my end of season review coming up soon, so we can see finance wise on differences. Attendance is definitely a factor, as I ended up with around 1500 average

Shreddie - Another good consolidation season

toonbalmy87 - Congrats!

v1n1akabozo - Great season, good work!

Mushtaq - Unlucky in Portugal, but good luck with v2.0! The youth challenge is addictive (unfortunately!) lol

Cheers! Been sitting at work all day plotting about which formation and style to play with my 14 man squad, madness! Considering I never even get very far on the dafuge challenge I don't know why I am so optimistic about giving this one a good crack.

yr87C2z.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet

Season 7 Review (2021/22)

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

Conference : 12th - Results 1 | Results 2

Season Review

A very nice season. Comfortably mid-table, helped I am sure by our long stay in the Vanarama South and being able to develop the kids.

We held 9th or 10th place for a long time in the middle of the season, but as we drifted towards the end of the season I tinkered tactically and began playing the new youths too soon and it showed.

We had good showings in the cup this year, and we were just seconds away from a famous away win to Exeter in the FA Cup 2nd round before a 94th minute penalty took us to a reply and a 1-2 loss there ended our hopes. To rub salt in the wound, Exeter got to play away at Everton in the 3rd Round. Missed payday!

That said the cups gained us 80,000 this year (44,000 in prize money and 36,000 in TV money for our 2nd Rnd replay being broadcast).

Youth Intake

A great intake! Three very decent youths, all of whom have the current ability to make an instant impact in season 8. Four others tagged as well.

Alistair Parsons (YP 07A) - A very nice looking central defender, with 'leading Conference' potential, our highest initial reading yet I believe. In possibly a sad indictment of our current defensive state, he is joint highest rated DC right from the get-go.....

Kenny Gordon (YP 07B) - A useful looking striker. Low finishing, but hoping with full time status and training once 17 I can raise that a few points. Decent pace and nice flair. Versatile as well.

Sam Dent (YP 07C) - Another good looking kid. Nice middle of the road stats, which if I can get some general improvements too, he should become a nice well rounded lower league central midfielder.

Graham Jones (YP 07D) - Not as highly rated ar Kenny Gordon (YP 07B), but the finishing, composure and off the ball here makes me think I will have more success up front with Graham.

Luke Harris (YP 07E) - Another central midfielder without any major strengths, but decent. At worst I foresee a bit part role for him

Dennis Fowler (YP 07F) - see Luke Harris (YO 07E) :)

Lewis Woods (YP 07G) - I struggle to see much use for him, perhaps as a wide right midfielder if he excels in the u18s and improves alot.

Miscellaneous

We had 1000 standing room added to the stadium at the start of the season in order to comply with league regulations. A 48k loan was taken out to cover expenses, only around 800-900 a month in repayments.

We also finally had a board room approval! Junior coaching got an upgrade, now taking us to average (I think the news item had an issue, as it said we would grow to adequate, which is what we already were).

Financially it was a very good year. We made a profit of around 280,000, 80,000 of which was due to our cup runs. The rest is down to wage management (we had the 3rd lowest annual salary in the league at 341k - the range was from 226k to 2.57m!) and increased attendances (we jumped from averaging around 550 to 1472 this year).

Our balance is now only just in the red, at -22k. Hoping to nudge into the black in season 8 and maybe even get an improvement or two made! Everton away in the FA Cup would have been HUGE for us in the challenge! (The finances screenshot at the top was taken May 16th after the playoff final, and apparently has started calculating next year. We also go 71,000 in prize money!)

My current state of contracts and contracts2. I still haven't decided how brutal I will cut back this close season yet, but cuts need to be made. (1) We are now at a point where the intakes should probably be more selective, but I have yet to make that step at the front end (at the youth intake), and I now need to do it on the back end (contract renewals). (2) the last few remaining original players are coming to the end of their time and I need to decide the where and when.

Season 8 Targets

* Build on this seasons points total (63) and goal difference (+1)

* Upgrade something

Trophy Cabinet

Vanarama South Champions - 2020/21

Well done Braumiller, solid first season at a new level. And that youth intake! Can you send me Sam Dent? He's half New Zealander which we Aussies always claim as our own if they do well. ;)

I didn't get to go professional so I was spending even less than you are, just didn't get the attendance to make money, my total income is half yours at only 636k for the year. Maybe being in London helps you there?

Anyway I had holidayed in Sweden and have a save lined up there, but I'm going to give England one last chance. If I can get something more defensively stable and go back up next year I think I can move forward. Re-signed all the important players even though it's going to put me a bit over my wage budget. I suppose I need to do a proper season end post for the last year now.

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2024/25 - Vanarama Conference: 24th

Squad | Transfers

As previously reported, just not good enough, that 14 game skid with just a single draw put us way too far out of touch to catch back up. Really need to change things up tactically, aiming for shootouts works when the team is in the top half of the league, but not when it's fighting for survival. Thinking a 4-3-3 is the way to go, need an extra body in the midfield - I'm sure 4-4-2 can be made defensively solid but I don't have the players to do it.

Key Players

Mostly disappointing all around, but (16g) Nigel Ellerbeck somehow manages to be our best player for a second consecutive year, he's the little untagged engine that could.

Youth Intake

Another not great youth intake, making me regret re-signing the HoYD if last year wasn't a blip.

• (25a) Max Steele - GK - A great name at least. :) Don't really need another keeper prospect but a model pro personality would be handy for tutoring down the line.
  • (25b) Danny Travis - AMR/MR - Pretty poor all round starting stats, but I'll trust my ass man in saying he has potential.
  • (25c) Ryan Konway - ST/AML/AMC - On the other hand this guy has nice stats in the right areas, is consistent and a big game performer. Hopefully the ass man is underestimating how far he can go.

Previous Season Goals

Stay up, all else is secondary. Didn't work so long to go back down! - Failed

Next Season Goals

• Promotion
  • Defensive Solidity
  • See off the last two originals, whose contracts expire at the end of the year

qKLNPtW.png

IFK Eskilstuna

I holidayed in France and Netherlands before. Seems like Netherlands is not available as a playing nation for this challenge this season, as there is no relegation place. And I can not play in CFA in France. So abandoned both options, and decided to have this a go in Sweden, as with 4 divisions, this look like a pretty challenging save. And the league is so short, so I can finish seasons quickly.

The club I chose is IFK Eskilstuna. Founded in 1897, their full name is Idrottsföreningen Kamraterna Eskilstuna. The interesting fact is that Sunderland player Sebastian Larsson was a former player of this club, before he joined Arsenal.

They play in Tunavallen, a 7800 capacity stadium. The original stadium was actually a venue for World Cup 1958. The Facilities seem decent enough for this level, except youth recruitment.

Squad consists of only 18 players. With only 1 goalkeeper around, it will be a pretty daunting task. Just hope I don't get into any injury crisis, as that will make it hard even to field 11 players. Question, what will happen if my goalkeeper gets injured? Can I play a greyed out player in his place?

Need to get some staffs in quickly, as me and my chairman buddy are the only guys in the club.

Manager Profile 1

Manager Profile 2

Transfer History

Why did the board release so many players?!

So with such a thin squad, the first season will be all about avoiding relegation and avoid injury crisis at any cost until the youth intake comes in, which hopefully will look good.

Wish me luck guys. :)

I didn't get to go professional so I was spending even less than you are, just didn't get the attendance to make money, my total income is half yours at only 636k for the year. Maybe being in London helps you there?

The London thought here holds water for me and I wouldn't be surprised if it helped my jump in attendance, along with your other earlier thought of my sustained run of 'almost' helping to nudge up my club reputation.

Braumiller - Good season and it's nice to see that the finances are looking better. Also a very good intake. 3 kids with 2.5 stars ability already...

Shakes - Nice to see you continuing. Good luck on promotion.

abirdc - Yes I think you are allowed to field grey players if there's no other option. I believe it was discussed on page 1 (or 2, not sure) in this thread. Good luck.

sölvesborgs_gif.gif

[League] [Results] [squad Stats][Transfers][Finances]

Sölvesborgs Season 4 2018-2019

First Division South

League

Another season of consolidation. Looking back I had unrealistic expectations going into the season, which were further increased by the start we made. After good performances against strong teams from last season and comfortable wins against the weaker ones, I felt we were destined for a promotion challenge. But then a run of draws, slowed us down, this was followed with a tough run of fixtures. The team was no longer looking comfortable in games and although we picked up some wins in the final 5 games, we never looked in control. Overall we gained 3 more points and finished with 10 clean-sheets, so measurable steps in the right direction, despite finishing in 9th.(1 point off 5th)

This season was tough, I expected to lose a cutting edge after Victor Svensson left the club and that definitely happened. It had a knock on effect as everyone else contributed a lot less this season. We have strength in the middle of the pitch and one good player in each wide position but no squad depth. With consecutive poor youth intakes, I feel it will take a change in approach to get out of this league as the next generation hasn't arrived yet.

Cup

The first round saw us snatch a great 2-1 away win against top of our league at the time Kristianstad. The 2nd round pitched us up against Falkenberg, despite our bright start, their class showed and they ran out 4-1 winners. Would love to have two easy games for a change.

Youth Intake

This intake will be my current HOYD's last. Poor depth and too central. We already have plenty of cover in these areas, so these new players will struggle to get any game time anyway.

Emil Forsberg (YP04a) A hard working ball winner in midfield. As I mentioned I have very similar players to him, but I will try to work some first team football

Player of the season

Frej Jonson (YP01b) A really reliable centre back and often out performs his experienced and better quality partner. Although his development has not been ground breaking, he is very competent and consistent at this level.

Previously Tagged

Season 1

Fredrik Jonson (YP01a) He has improved his finishing and composure slightly, this hasn't translated to goals. Is now main forward unfortunately.

Frej Jonsson(YP01b) See above.

Season 2

Kristoffer Selmer(YP02a) Not given a chance, will see more action next season

Tobias Bryngelsson (YP02b) Really growing into the team, now the most impressive midfielder and always contributes in games.

Season 3

Stefan Larsson(YP03a) Played in last game of season. Gustafsson is irreplaceable right now so he will have to wait.

Summary

A good season for a small club like Solvesborg, we are not desperate to get promoted yet and another year at this level will be good for the (YP01's) who are starting to become my best players. Going forward, I hope a new HOYD will shake up my intakes and we get some depth and variety (especially defenders). Arguably none of the goals achieved, lowering my standards for next year.

Goals

- Finish in the top half

- Avoid mid season form slump

- Sign new HOYD and pray for better intake.

UD Villa de Santa Brígida - Season 15/16 (1)

Villa_zps4616e8ab.png

Transfers - Squad

League

Since we started with only 14 players it was always going to be tough. Why the club got rid of 13 players before the season I will never know. Things didn’t get easier when our only natural winger suffered a torn hamstring and was out for 3-4 months. It did make our tactical choice much easier though. With no wingers and 4 strikers we went for a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers.

It went reasonably well and we got a few wins here and there and found ourselves in mid-table by the time of the youth intake. We were pretty much safe from relegation already and since 2 of my strikers refused to sign new contracts, and my best new youth player was a winger, I tried a new tactic. With the new winger tactic we went on a horrible run with 1 point from 9 games. Thankfully it didn’t matter much in the end but it’s safe to say that I’m going back to my original tactic when next season starts. Then again if my 2 strikers on expiring contracts won’t renew it will be interesting. Tough decisions to be made come July.

Cups:

We entered two cups this year. The Spanish Cup and the Federation cup, which is a cup for the Second division teams. Unfortunately we went out in the first round in both cups.

Finances

We started with around 90k in the bank so overall we made a loss of around 65k. Not much to say yet.

Top players:

1. Alozie: A very versatile player from Equatorial Guinea. Has been used mostly as a playmaker and he performed very well. Signed a new contract.

2. Roberto Eslava: My best (and only before intake) central defender. I got some very weird news regarding him. Apparently he’s going to retire at 28, 3 months after signing a new contract. I haven’t continued through May yet but hopefully it’s just some kind of weird bug.

3. Zoumana Yaffa: I was lucky enough to have a very decent goalkeeper in the squad. Signed a new contract.

Youth intake:

Decent intake but unfortunately the best prospect is a winger and that hasn’t worked for us yet. Many of these players will get games next season due to my very small squad.

1. Benito De la Fuente (16A): The promising winger. He can also play as a striker but with 1 finishing I’m not sure that’s the best idea…

2. Armando Castillo (16B): The prospect I’m most excited about. He’s already a first-choice defender next to Eslava.

3. Tyronne Saavedra (16C): A tall striker with good heading skills. If I decide to stick to 3 strikers he will get lots of chances next season.

4. Adonai Álvarez (16D): I currently don’t use AMCs but it’s a possibility to move one of the strikers down to the AMC-position and let him play. Currently working on the MC-position though.

5. Tanausú Brito (16E): A semi-promising fullback. He will play a lot next season (mostly because I don’t have many others).

Goals before season:

*Survive - Success

Next season:

*More points than last season (39)

A re-alignment as we got relegated down to the South rather than the North. We didn't much care who we played though, we dominated the early going and had pulled out to a double digit lead on the points table by the end of January. We attempted to choke it away but had too big a buffer, never allowing anyone to close closer than 4 points, and in the end won the title with two games to play.

Was a very big turn around on the previous season to only let in 44 goals, easily the best defense in the league. We didn't score as freely as we had in the past at this level, but I feel this approach will put us on much more solid ground going forward. I'm also very pleased that we seemed to cope well with injuries to Dozzell (who was mostly used as an inside forward at AML and finished with only single figure goals) and Strong, who had been our primary source of goals in previous years. Much as I love a good individual scorer, I like winning more, so this way stays. :)

Key Players

• (16a) Adam James - ST - The captain was instrumental in our early run, and looked like he might have a Dozzell like season. Faded a bit late and only finished with 25, but considering he's mainly played a support role in the past that was still a great haul for him.
  • (23a) Aidan Potter - AMR/ST - Injuries gave him a chance and he was great, causing a real selection headache once people got fit. Has league 2 potential, so hopefully a lot of room still to improve (ideally on his 4 finishing!)
  • (22b) Casey Driver - GK - 15 clean sheets, what are those? Fantastic to finally see a keeper making good saves and helping us win games.

Youth Intake

After two down years we were due a decent intake. Some potential here but each also have drawbacks.

• (26a) Simon Black - MC/DM/DC - Looks good at first glance, but has the triple whammy of inconsistent, injury prone, hates big matches.
  • (26b) Ronnie Heron - AMC/ST - Reasonably well rounded but lacks any area he stands out in, hopefully makes an OK inside forward once retrained.
  • (26c) Sean Hill - MR/AMR - Has the pace to do well, however low stamina and natural fitness will be a problem.
  • (26d) Graham Murphy - DC/DL - Has good size and can use both feet which is a plus, but considered very injury prone.
  • (26e) Ollie Logan - MC/DM/MR/DR - Speed and lack of ambition are a problem here, but if those can be fixed I like him as a prospect.
  • (26f) Ben Huckstepp - DR/DC - Another injury prone player, but unlike most defenders has come with good positioning and tackling off the bat.

Previous Season Goals

• Promotion - Success, won the league
  • Defensive Solidity - Success, barely let in more than a goal a game
  • See off the last two originals, whose contracts expire at the end of the year - Success, Stewart was moved on, Peacock expires.

Next Season Goals

Do a better job than 2 years ago and stay up!

To LeedsUnitedForLife...

Welcome back everyone :).

The Aim

To win your chosen countries' top division and win the Champions League with a previously unplayable club using only your academy as a way of acquiring new players.

The Available Countries

France

Germany

Italy

Portugal

Netherlands

Spain

Belgium

Russia

Turkey

England

Scotland

Sweden

Greece

The Reset Dates (The ones in bold are from FM 15, others have not been confirmed)

France- 19th June

Germany- 19th June

Italy- 30th June

Portugal- 30th June

Spain- 9th July

Russia- 19th June

Turkey- 19th June

Netherlands- 6th July

Belgium- 30th June

England- 24th June

Sweden-

Scotland- 20th June (Save 1st May for choice of teams by reloading)

Greece-

The Database

• Only load the Nation your planning on managing in.
  • Database size is optional (small, medium or large)
  • Players Based in your nation
  • Players from top clubs in europe (or everywhere)
  • International players is optional
  • If you're managing in England, you can also add 'players from regional premier divisions'

No further customising of the database is allowed.

Attribute masking should be enabled. 'Add key staff' and ' Add players to playable clubs' should be ticked.

Steps when getting started

1. Add yourself as an unemployed manager. Call him holiday man if you want.
  2. Go on holiday until the reset date of your nation or the day before if your planning on reloading.
  3. Retire the manager
  4. Add a new manager with your chosen nationality and the lowest possible reputation and qualifications
  5. Choose the newly promoted club of your choice

Rules for the Challenge

No loans or transfers in are allowed but you can sell and loan players out.

If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again.

No save game editors are allowed. only cosmetic database edits are allowed. (team/competition names/logos)

No international management until completion of challenge.

Signing backroom staff is allowed. Signing players on trial or signing grey players isn't allowed.

Basically, you have to holiday for a year, and then check out which team gets promoted into the third division.

The setup is explained in the quoted post. Reset date means the date in which the league setup gets updated for the following season.

yes but im confused what reset date means and how i find a unplayable club to start with...

When holidaying, save the game once before 1st May. Then see which team gets to play the promotion playoff in 1st May. If you like that team, save the game again. Keep continuing, and watch out if they are winning the promotion playoff or not. If they lose, quit and load the saved file again. If they win, holiday till 20 June(the reset day). Save your game again, retire, add a new manager profile, and start with that promoted team.

Archived