ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

First time I've seen this in a game of me but 2 teams are ruled out of European football due to financial reasons.

Dortmund: out of Champions league.

Bremen: out of Euro Cup

So this is the league with the teams who gain European football. Like you can see, we were only 7 points short of gaining European football.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 3 Review (2017)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

First Division South : 2nd (playoff winners) (Fixtures)

Swedish Cup : 1st Round loss

Season Review

Wow! I was not expecting this. A consolidation season eventually grew into a potential title winning season, only to threaten to turn into a 'throw it all away' season! Thankfully for me, I apparently like the Swedish playoffs a lot more than the English playoffs!

We started out playing our season tactic as we finished last season with, which saved us from a relegation battle, a 4-2-4 set-up with a counter mentality. This changed slightly during the season, due to a happy accident. Our 7th game of the season was at home and due to a couple of injuries, I was without any of my usual defensive minded MCs. I decided to play Henrik Boman (YP 00A) who can play DM, so I dropped that MC back to DM. We lost the game 0-2, but in the after game news the fans complained that we played like an away team! Cue *lightbulb* moment. Maybe I should play this in away games then! And so my two tactic system was born.

Home games my 'standard' 424 counter. (MC/MC)

Away games my 424 with a DM (DM/MC).

No other changes.

While it is by no means foolproof, it worked nicely both in game and in theory. Indeed our very next away game we won 7-0! This was also our best ever game, so maybe we caught them by surprise.

Anyway, by week 14 we had caught the leaders and made the spot our own, until we had a late season wobble. Trelleborgs eventually won the league, and did so in style winning all 7 of their last 7 games! We stumbled to a draw and a defeat in our last two games to seal the playoff spot. A two leg affair against Motala AIF from the league above. I was afraid our bad form would hurt us here, but they were in worse form. A pair of nice victories (3-1 at home and then 2-1 away) saw us seal promotion!

"Frolunda Five" - 2017 Edition

Joel Perkhed - Another season of top goalscoring for us. 16 goals in 28 appearances.

Johan Eckerman (YP 01A) - A stop-start season due to a pair on injuries, but Johan is now our first choice inside forward on both flanks. Gives very nice flexibility to use any other inside forward, regardless of their side.

Robin Rundstrom - This years surprise package. Robin came in when Johan was injured and made an impact. 6 goals in 13 appearances.

Robert Smolander - Initially a worry as he declined to hold contract talks with only 12 months left on his current one, he eventually resigned halfway through the year and was again our constant in midfield.

Christofer Bengtsson - Try as I might to drop the 36 year old, he keeps defying father time. 8 assists from right back, he was always in the top 5 for average rating all season. I have just offered him a new 2 year contract!

Youth Intake

Another disappointing intake! Ignore the 6 tags, it should have been half that at least. My HOYD actually pinpointed Joakim Sandstrom (YP 03F) in his news item, who I would otherwise have left untagged. Hoping he is right (JP/JA 13/13) and my AssMan is wrong (9/12).

Anders Sjoberg (YP 03A) - The best of a bad bunch! :) Should make a decent midfielder.

Johan Stromberg (YP 03B) - An interesting inside forward option, but he has the Frolunda inside forward disease of low finishing :(

Joakim Malina (YP 03C) - A decent DC prospect

Mustafa Tasdelen (YP 03D) - A left back, who is as far from my ideal left back as possible with his technique, crossing and passing all at 1!

Anders Olsson (YP 03E) - A decent DM/MC option, especially helpful in my new two tactic set-up where one spot switches between those two positions

Joakim Sandtrom (YP 03F) - Another inside forward option, that my HOYD liked. Slow......

Miscellaneous

A great surprise season, which just clicked after a minor tactical tweak. I imagine we are going to start struggling mightily here soon, especially with the intakes so far. The starting crew of players are proving better than anticipated and maybe this is playing into the relative low star ratings of the intakes as well.

We are losing our starting DL to an expiring contract this close season, which is going to hurt.

Finances contined to decline, although not horrendously.

We finally are getting youth products in the first team and making impressions. Johan Eckerman (YP 01A) is now first choice out wide, Emil Avdic (YP 01C) plays out wide as well, Niklas Berg lund (YP 01D) is in line for the now vacant DL slot and Henrik Boman (YP 00A) is waiting for Peter Pan to retire at DR (and is first choice DC back-up). The darkest horse though is Gustav Sjoberg (YP 03) who went untagged this year. Due to our lack of numbers up front, and Gustav's finishing of 9 (making him a straight up lethal striker, relatively speaking in our squad!) he got chances at the business end of the season and managed 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 starts and 3 substitute appearances.

Season 4 (2018) Goals

* Survive

* and survive

hey, which skin do you use?;)

Logo.jpg

FC KAMAZ Naberezhnye Chelny

Coach profile

Beginning squad of 15 players. Good depth at defense to play 5 defenders, a good young keeper, average target man and above-average wingers.

I thought the squad was just 14 players, but the club had already signed someone. Beyond providing an able, eligible body to play, he is pretty decent and will be trained to help at DMC.

Beyond the challenges of the squad depth, short off-season (first game is 10 days after reset date) and competition level (one step below the Russia Premier League), at least we enter with a great financial position. Within weeks the board agreed to increase junior coaching and allow me to train for a national C license. Just to be on the safe side, I re-signed everyone I could to an extension. And maxed out on physios to keep them health (except they aren't staying healthy)

Fortunately our first 2 games were at home, unfortunately they were against the two teams recently relegated from the Premier League. Of course we dropped those two. We should have lost the next two away as our midfield got overrun. Again, we have one player (Vasiljev) on the squad that can play MC. (The previous management's signee is being trained at DMC, a striker is being trained at a AMC, and one of the 3 young ML wingers as a MC. Only the former has gained familiarity over the past 2 months.) I'm trying with the assymetric bulldozer tactic to emphasize our depth. It's surprisingly allowed us to balance out the possession without a midfield. Over those two 11 games into the season, we're barely out of the relegation zone. And we're in the middle of our first unbeaten streak: a 3-3 draw away against a relegation contestant and a 2-0 shutout against a mid-table club

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2035/36 - Sky Bet Championship: 23rd

Squad | Transfers

Just one of those years. We didn't even play badly really, probably about the same as we did last year, we just couldn't get the results we needed. In the end we were relegated with 3 games to go. Finishing the season with only a -9 goal difference and still being comprehensively relegated really hurts: 20 of our 28 losses were by a single goal, we had multiple games we lost 0-1 when we had the chances to win 2-1, but just couldn't take them.

Eventually the run of over achieving had to come to an end, we've just got to pick ourselves back up and get promoted all over again. As the squad screen shows, although we have a generally fairly young team, 3 of our top 6 in terms of games played are 30 or older so perhaps going down a level gives us a chance to trial replacements for them in a less brutal environment.

Finances

The solidarity payment allowed for a training and youth facility upgrade, and hopefully will do so again once it comes in this year. Next year is going to be tough, we'll lose money back down in league 1 with the increases in player wages we've had over the past couple of years.

Key Players

Sorry, when you get relegated nobody gets the praise.

Youth Intake

Reasonable intake here.

(36a) Jeff Johnson - MC/DM/DR/DL - A bit of a utility guy, at the moment training to be a right fullback since I have enough in the way of midfielders. Injury proneness might be an issue.

(36b) Zac Clunan - MC/MR - Creative midfielder who is going to need tutoring to fix a casual personality, but otherwise looks a good prospect.

(36c) Adrian Kennedy - DC/DL - Another centre back who isn't really the man mountain I'd like back there, but I need someone to step up as it's the weakest area of the team.

Previous Season Goals

Keep at it. I doubt we're ready to go up yet so this next year is one for development. - Failure, not managing to stay at this level is going to be a set back for development.

Next Season Goals

Straight back up again.

Hey

I am going to start this challenge. I have decided to go for France. Reason being that in 15 years of playing CM/FM I cant remember ever playing in France.

Just some quick questions while I holiday the year. What league do I start in because the CFA leagues seem to be blocked from managing (blacked out writing when choosing league to manage in). I would like the French hero achievement!

When choosing style of manager and attribute distribution, is there any rules?... I know about no qualifications and sunday league rep

AS_Vitre.jpg

Here goes. I didn't get a reply in time so after finding out CFA leagues are unplayable I have started with newly promoted AS Vitre.

Reason for choosing them was that they had players in the correct positions of my formation.

Apart from releasing a few players just before I took over, my side look ok... although no idea of the quality of the French national league.

I also have a signing in transfer history from before I took over.

My board expect a safe mid table position! That's going to be harder than it sounds lol

Here are some starting links

My Profile nationalities

Profile personal

Transfer History

1st day history

usivry_zps999d9afc.png

Union Sportive Ivry Football

2017/2018

National - 6th

Transfers | Finances | Squad | Past positions | Table

Season:

League - Keep us up this time.

The good:

Did not start great in the National again but after 10 games i knew it will be a different story this time. The performances were much better. We were creating chances each game, being dangerous against everyone. This kept us safe above the relegation zone the entire season.

The bad:

I lost one of my best players Keita. Didn't wanted to renew as he wanted to play in Ligue 2 :(.

I am bleeding money, heavily. I generated a lot of money from the cup run and we are still not doing well. I was stupid to ask for training facilities after the cup run since i taught i will have money for it and the board agreed.

Any tips here are most welcome.

French cup - 1/4 final

Wow, what a cup run!!! In the 10th round we were drawn against Bordeaux. This was the best game my lads played since i took over. We were equal to them in almost every area of the game during the 90 mins, also took the lead early in the extra time but they managed to equalize. Hold on to it and won the penalties. Next round was against a CF-A league team which was really comfortable. In 1/4 finals we got the goliath. The team to beat in France. They did not field the strongest side and it was quite a even game for the most part. In the last 10mins they scored twice :(.

Player of the season: The team. No-one really outstanding. 3 players with 10+ goals

YOUTH INTAKE

Below average intake. Still no strikers :(.

Grgory Alexander YP18a - MC - technical, pacey midfielder. Will give him some tutoring.

Cheick Ouattara YP18b - GK - nice to see a goalkeeper in the intake. Will play in the cup next year probably.

season	year	league		pos	GF	GA	GD	cup		europe		achievement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.	15/16	National	18th	45	56	-11	10th		N/A		relegated
2.	16/17	CFA-A           1st	51	23	+28	11th		N/A		promoted
3.	17/18	National        6th	59	48	+11	1/4f		N/A		N/A

GOALS from previous season:

-Stay clear of relegation - success

-Turn professional - failed, this will be much harder than i expected since we don't have the $$$.

GOALS for next season:

-Keep it up in the league, improve overall.

-Improve the finances.

Worrell - Good couple of seasons there, well done :)

Bartrcm - Wow, that's an impressive season and intake there.

Shakes - Unlucky mate, as you said you've been over achieving a lot recently, in need of a couple of good intakes to make the next step, hopefully you get them soon.

zjh6IWl.gif

Kingstonian

Season 4 - 2018/19

Vanarama Conference South - 8th

Squad | Finances | Transfers

This time the opposite happened. Great start to the season, but we bottled it in the end. After 10 games we had 18 points, and our next game was away to top of the league Ebbsfleet, who had a maximum 30 points at that stage. I'll let this screenshot do the talking, comfortably the best result of my career so far.

We got ahead of ourselves, after that result we looked nailed on for a play-off spot, in the back of my mind I was wondering if we could even win the league. But nope, bunch of bottlers. Most frustrating season so far. After 7 wins in our first 11 games, it took us another 20 games to get another 7 wins. But even with 6 games to go it didn't look like we could miss a chance at a play-off spot. But just 5 points in the last 6 games threw us right down the table.

I lost count the amount of games we threw away by missing clear cut chances, only to concede twice in the last 10 minutes. The defence was very poor, our first choice Right Back was injured for 8-9 months so we had to play a youngster there. First choice RB, Homans, wont renew his contract so we're stuck with (18b) Nathan Tosh as our right back next season. We also missed our goalkeeper who moved onto a conference team. Conceded a lot more sloppy goals.

Key Players

Javlon Campbell - ST - Nowhere near as impressive as last season. His goal scoring record was still incredible but his inconsistency was ridiculous. Most his goals came in patches. Wouldn't score for 10 games then get 10 goals in 3 games or something ridiculous. Played like a man who's head was somewhere else. We have one more season with him as he wont renew his contract.

(17b) Jay Maison - AML - Great season for the youngster, double figures in goals and assists. Keen to see how much he can improve.

Youth Intake

Another solid intake, haven't really had a very poor one yet so things are looking good.

(19a) James Johnson - MC/DM - Like the look of him, If he can improve defensively he'll get plenty of games, will already be our back up DM due to our lack of depth.

(19b) Jonny Bird - ST - Looks poor technically but has great teamwork and work rate, is reasonably quick, if he woks on his finishing he could come good with his potential.

(19c) George Livermore - AML/ML - At first look I thought great, potential is very good and he has quite well rounded attributes to built upon. But he has a determination of 2 and poor personality. Needs tutoring, unsure about him for now.

Pre-Season Goals

Promotion - Failed.

Next Season Goals

Promotion. I think if we don't get it this time then it will be a real setback for the team with Campbells last season.

We must be more solid defensively if we want to go up, so I will try to set up that to protect a lead better.

Tough to take Willafus, in my experience you need to get the goals per game close to the 1 mark or else you're at risk for inconsistent form like that.

My seasons is knee ligament damage all the time, 4 of my 6 attacking players have been out with it, one of them twice. One of the others broke his foot. I do think 6 guys for 3 places is one too many, but it's seasons like this that make me keep that insurance player around!

AS_Vitre.jpg

Well I am half way through my 1st season and everything is going to plan.

enjoying_life.jpg

Top of the league with the current top scorer!

I decided pretty quickly to completely change what tactics I normally use (lone striker). I went for a 4312 formation playing through the middle. Mainly because I have a good amc and 2 quality strikers.

I also have a 15yo youth striker that comes off the bench every game and has played in cups.

I might be getting ahead of myself here but promotion is looking a good chance.

I will update at end of season.... probably either be based on disappointment or scared out my nut

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2036/37 - Sky Bet League 1: 3rd

Squad | Transfers

Threatened to take an automatic promotion spot all year but just couldn't put in the run required. We'd get close then slump for a bit. Pick up again and repeat. In the end we finished 3rd and had to go through the playoffs, and in a worrying run of bad form, with only one win from our last nine games.

However we roared back into form in the semi, winning the away leg 3-1 at Crystal Palace and then turning the home leg into a 5-1 walk over. Still we'd never won promotion through the playoffs and this time was to be no different, we maybe had a slightly better game than Southampton in the final, but they scored twice from set pieces and we missed our chances, so a 2-0 defeat it was.

Really a bit of a worry we finished with 9 fewer points than we did three years ago when we won league 1. That reflects my own thoughts, we've stagnated and have only been able to replace those leaving the side with players who aren't any better. Also concerning is we don't have great youth stocks either, the potential ratings of the players in the youth team have tended to fall off as they've failed to live up to expectations on intake day.

Finances

Shovelled the championship money into a training and youth facility upgrade, so we've lost a bunch of money this year. Need to get promotion to get things turned in the right direction again.

Key Players

(22c) Ollie Cambridge turned out to unexpectedly have his best season at age 31, when I thought this might be the year he starts to fade out of the side and the younger guys take his place. His 10 player of the match awards is a Histon record.

Youth Intake

Not a lot here, hopefully the youth level upgrades kick in and we start seeing something better soon.

(37a) Brian McCarthy - DC/DR - Continues the midget DC trend. Potential, but will have to reach it at right back.

(37b) Wayne Jacob - DC - Not the best potential but good size for the job. Desperately need someone to come through here, we only have two DCs I trust, one is 32 and the other injury prone.

Previous Season Goals

Straight back up again. - Failure

Next Season Goals

Automatic promotion. We suck at playoffs.

usivry_zps999d9afc.png

2018/2019

National - 5th

Season:

League - Try to improve.

Kinda mixed feeling from this season. Started very good - after 8 rounds we were 1st. But overall inconsistency during the season could not keep us there. Going into the last 4 games we still had a chance for promotion but we drew 2 and won only 1. Defense was very leaky. Will try next year!

French cup - 9th round

Nothing special this year. Did ok with the lower league teams but failed against Ligue 1.

Player of the season: Yamadou Kamate YP16c After my changes in the setup he flourished. The second part of the season from him was excellent.

Matteo Mollica YP15a - Cracked into the first team finally this year. Still has to improve a lot.

Robert Galliard YP15b - Heart of the midfield since season 2.

Ethan Renard YP15c - has been solid on the right back each season. Hes technical atts improve slowly tho.

Jean-Claude Leroy YP16b - getting more and more starts in the centre of the defense each year. Still has to improve in some areas.

Yamadou Kamate YP16c - player of the season last year

YOUTH INTAKE

Nice intake. a lot of tags given and FINALLY a striker!

Christopher Karaaslan YP19a - DR - best of the lot. Great personality!

David Roger YP19b - MC/R - good looking right winger.

Jules Diallo YP19c - MC - another midfielder. Will see how he develops. Mentals look OK.

Zied Trabelsi YP19d - DL - he will need some seasons in the u19s until he is ready.

Steve Fernandez YP19e - ST - finally a striker. I needed that a lot. Will need to give him some tutoring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.	18/19	National        5th	60	50	+10	9th		N/A		N/A

-Keep it up in the league, improve overall - only a little improvement, not very happy with how inconsistent we still are.

-Improve the finances - i cut back on the extra expences but we are still losing money.

GOALS for next season:

-Battle for promotion, i think we can do it if we are a bit more consistent.

Willafus - i have similar problems. Miss 4CC and then concede from one long ball forward. It's frustrating.

Shakes - unlucky Shakes. Tough finish. I think that i need the promotion also. Finances are grim and some of the players need more motivation or they will leave. The odds are still against me. Prediction is that i will be relegated.

zjh6IWl.gif

Kingstonian

Season 5 - 2019/20

Vanarama Conference South - 15th

We won all 5 of our first 5 league games, and conceding just 3 goals in our first 7 games. A perfect start, we looked much more solid at the back. However 6 of my defenders picked up injuries, our defence was all over the place and once the first team players had recovered, all form and morale was lost.

I don't really want to talk about the rest of the season, it was awful. After winning our first 5 games, we won just 5 of the next 22. We've always seemed to pick up a lot of draws but this season we couldn't even get them. All of this whilst we still have Campbell, he even got top scorer again. Worrying times ahead I'm afraid.

Finances have stopped declining so dramatically these past few seasons, I have cut the wage bill by over 50% since taking over.

Key Players

Javlon Campbell - ST - Once again inconsistent, didn't reach the heights of two years ago but he is still way too good at this level. His goals came in bursts again, and he never performs in big games. But of course he's going to be a massive loss next season.

Youth Intake

(20a) John Bell - DL/WBL/DC - Finally we have a back up for left back! Looks very good for his age and will be getting games already. He has most of the things I look for in a full back.

(20b) Daniel Sargeant - MC/AMC/DC - Another good one here, will retrain him as a DM, loving the work rate and teamwork of him and (20a).

(20c) Rob Clough - MC/ML - safe to say we have enough midfielders now, would be handy out wide if he was quicker. I'm not sure where he fits into the team yet so I will see how he develops in the U18s.

Pre-Season Goals

Promotion - Failed, horribly.

Solid Defence - Failed, horribly.

Next Season Goals

We are predicted to finish rock bottom, it isn't looking very good. I will be happy if we survive but really I would like a mid table finish. We seriously need to sort out the defence, last season our attack was fine, we only failed to score in two games, but with Campbell gone, I doubt our attack will be as effective. If we don't get the defence right this time then we could easily get relegated.

I need to figure out our best 11, and find a suitable striker. I need to rotate more effectively too. I need to do a lot of things, we suck.

Nice season Worrell, great intake. You look in a good position to get promotion next season.

Unlucky Willafus, just but this one behind you. You never know how your team will react to losing Campbell, it may be a positive that they don't rely on one player as much.

Also Daniel Sargeant (20b) looks really good for that level, he will be important for your squad going forwards. Although he won't be winning many headers!!!!!!! I honestly don't think I have seen a player as short as that on FM, he is so tiny, like a little man child.

Hello friends, I have decided to take on this challenge again. This time I'll be attempting it in Belgium.

I've decided to take charge of club named: Beerschot-Wilrijk

l0ExB2m.jpg

The club was founded in 1921 and has no league history recorded on FM.

Club Profile

My manager, Thomas Tush, is going to be born in 1993, with slovakian nationality - same as me. (except name)

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Squad

Facilities

I am looking forward to this challenge, my next post shall be about my first season! :thup:

Regards,

Tush

I have just had an incredible youth intake, seriously seriously good. Amazing. Can't wait to share my next update with you all. I was beginning to find this challenge a bit stressful and didn't know what to do next, but now I am excited for the future. Update should be soon :)

I hope you're still top Worrell! Good luck for the rest of the season.

zjh6IWl.gif

Kingstonian

Season 6 - 2020/21

Vanarama Conference South - 9th

Eventually it turned out to be a great season, however for a long time things were looking very, very dim. At the halfway point we were bottom of the table. I had set the team up to be defensive, we weren't leaking as many goals as last season but the attack... it was shocking. 18 goals in our first 19 games. I was not enjoying the season or the way we we're playing. I decided to scrap the defensive approach and go back to a more attacking set up. After all it couldn't really get much worse, we needed points. However I worked on a completely new tactic this time, which used an attacking midfielder, something I haven't done much with this squad. (17c) Kieran Green was rated higher than (17a) and (17b) when my intake that year came through, he never impressed when I played him but I usually played him out wide to fit the formation. I decided to give him a proper run in his favourite position and he was fantastic. We won 11 games in the second half of the season, we were inconsistent but some games we were just brilliant. Plenty of goals, we've figured out how to get Green playing to his potential which could be very important in the future.

Key Players

(17c) Kieran Green - AMC/MC/AMR - I really did not expect him to be this good, but when on his game he is unstoppable. I really hope he can take his form into next season. Almost all his goals and assists game in the second half of the season, he played so well that he managed to pick up player of the season. Well played lad.

Youth Intake

Well, in terms of quantity we don't have as many players with potential, but in terms of quality, these two look like they will be instrumental to the team. Two of the most important positions on the pitch too.

(21a) Jason Brathwaite - AMC/ST - extremely lightweight but that wont matter because defenders wont get near him with that pace. Very good technically, decent mentally. Already our best striker. He can fill the void Campbell left, only difference is that he's useless in the air but my tactics don't exploit that anyway. He is also two footed, massive bonus points for that. But it gets better, he's apparently a consistent player and thrives in big games. It doesn't stop there either, to top it all off he's a model professional too. We have a gem here.

(21b) Dean Collis - GK - finally we get a good goalkeeper, and just at the right time too because Barnes isn't renewing his contract. I haven't seen a goalkeeper this good at this level at just 16. He is massive! But despite being a giant he has mighty impressive reflexes. I did have a GK come through a couple of years ago with 16 reflexes but he was poor everywhere else. This guy looks very well rounded, and with that potential it looks like we've got the GK position sorted for years.

Pre Season Goals

Better defence - achieved

mid table - achieved

Next Season Goals

I know the team too well to expect promotion, we are too inconsistent to expect anything. I would take a mid table finish again but I think we have a chance of nicking a play off spot.

Get (21a) and (21b) plenty of games!!

Good luck Tush, not many trying it Belgium this year so you can lead the way.

You seem to be back on track Willafus, I hope it continues into next season and you can battle your way into the playoffs. Braithwaite looks like a really exciting player at that level and a someone who could make the difference for years to come.

Sölvesborgs Season 10 2024-2025

First Division South

sölvesborgs_gif.gif

[League] [squad Stats][Transfers][Finances]

Season Review

This season was a success, we managed to consolidate our position in the Elite league and looked very competitive. As the league shows we were the top scorers and had some great player performances. This season started well, with us beating a couple of promotion contenders. We then settled into winning at home and battling hard away. By mid season we were still in the top 5 and within touching distance of third. A great run of form saw us sat in 2nd and seemingly destined for promotion. But several losses in a row, realigned my expectations. We stuck with our tactical approach and switched a few players around. This combined with an easy cup fixture sparked us back into life and we had a good run again, climbing into 3rd place. We were just short of consistency in the last 5 games and suffered a few defeats, slipping down to 6th place. A great achievement for us. Also for the first time in 10 seasons and the clubs history we made it past the 2nd round of the cup and have been drawn in a group with AIK, so financially this will be great next season.

Youth Intake

A really strong intake on paper and finally a centre back for the future. I will have to retrain a few of these to fit my needs, but with the contracts in Sweden I have 5 years to mould them!

Tony Jacobsson (YP10a) He could be quite a useful player, I don't use an AM, so I have to decide where to use him. His finishing and crossing are poor, so I will see how he develops.

Robin Jonsson (YP10b) Similar to Jacobsson, looks decent for our level, great pace and first touch. But again, low stats where I would like them so will be retrained.

Oscar Alexsson (YP10c) This big lad, is my future centre back. Great in the air and solid in all the defence attributes. Awful concentration and pace are his weakness but with a professional personality I am hopeful he will become a star.

Summary

A good season that has set us up well for next year. I am hopeful that with all our recent talent, we have all the components to keep progressing. We also increased our junior coaching this season. Money is steady at this level and I am hoping big cup games next year will give us a big push to improve facilities. Other teams are finally starting to want my players on loan which gives them a good chance at first team football. With my facilities the same as when I arrived 10 years ago, its there best chance at progression.

I have been slow updating and playing recently. Next seasons update will have more player detail as I have now been in charge 10 years and feel I should highlight some of my unsung heroes and youth players that have come through in recent years.

It looks that way Sanno11, going well so far. Brathwaite is amazing, he has potential to be a leading Conference player, how rare is it that you get a player with potential to be a star for the level above? Especially with poor facilities and youth recruitment. I love him already haha!

Great season for you. It seems to be very hard to have any sort of consistency on this game, frustrates the life out of me! Very nice Intake there, your're certainly in a much better place than me financially, if you get promotion then you will have a good chance of getting some facility upgrades. Good luck next season, and I look forward to a more detailed update next time around. Hopefully it includes you in one of those green positions in the league table :)

Looks like you're heading in the right direction Willafus, looking at him I'd guess that Braithwaite is good for at least League 2, if you can ride him to promotion your assistant will upgrade his estimation of his potential. :)

Logo.jpg[/url]

FC KAMAZ Naberezhnye Chelny

Table | Statistics | Transfers (including the inherited Fatullaev)

We survived!

See the improved form in the spring

Thanks to the youth intake adding some depth. Finding 11 playable, let alone 11 fit, players got a lot easier. We were finally able to control the ball and limit the embarrassing score lines.

Youth16.png

M(RLC),AM© Y0a Morozov

M©,AM© Y0b Maslov

M©,AM© Y0c Golubtsov

D(L) Y0d Budylin

M(L),AM(LR) Y0e Pichugin

In addition, we have two young stars now trained in the midfield:

Fans' Player of the Year M(LC)/AM(L) Pavel Gaziev and my assistant's favorite target for praise M(LC)/AM(L) Pavel Isakov

l0ExB2m.jpg

Season 2015/16

1st - Promotion

Summary:

We started the season well, and throughout the season we held our grip on the top of the table.

I played a 4-4-1-1 formation with shadow striker, and it worked so well!

We scored most goals, conceded least goals and our striker broke the record with 29 league goals in 33 appearances.

I've manager to get National C coaching license before we slumped heavily with finances, currently we are about one and half million euros in the red.

League Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Transfers

Squad

Youth intake

A fairly good youth intake and we even see a slovakian player :D sorry I didn't sort it by PA, will do next season!

Here are my 3 tagged players:

José Luis Del Río (YP01a) AML/ML

Marian Supka (YP(01b) AMR/MR

Joris Cros (YP01c) MC/AMC

Goals for next season:

Stay up!

Lessen our financial deficit: (1.32M Debt)

Seasonal Summary:

Season     Division                       Position   Achievements
2015/16    Belgian Third Divison A        1st        Promotion

usivry_zps999d9afc.png

2019/2020

National - Promotion

Season:

League - Fight for promotion.

Great season this time. Very consistent performances. The lads are a resilient bunch. Even when i lost or something went wrong the morale never dropped much. Also this time there were only two really strong sides that could hurt us. Managed good results against them and they slipped eventually.

French cup - 1/4 finals

Again a great run. Got Lens in 11th round and was surpirsed how easily we beat them. In 1/4 we drew PSG again. And again it was quite even. They had the possesion and a lots of shots but on CCC it was 2-2. Was not able equalize in the end :(. But overall i am very happy.

Player of the season: Sony Dubeaux Continued his good performances from end of last season. 8 PoM awards. Others were inconsistent he wasn't.

Some players that i initially didn't give tags but are improving and made it into the 1st team:

Rudy Jacquet - i need to get my other young centre backs more 1st team time. He is looking the best so far except Leroy.

Emmanuel Schmitt - i am quite thin on the left back position so he is getting some time. He argues with officials a lot which got him sent off each season so far. This year he played almost the whole time since my main left back was injured for 6 months.

YOUTH INTAKE

Great intake! Have had that much depth in a long time. I can build a full 11 with those tags :).

Ebenezer Andoh YP20a - AMC/L - good start up stats for a winger.

Georges Jean Baptiste YP20b - MR - awesome looking right winger.

Gerard Bertrand YP20c - DL - could be a good wing back but needs a lot of improvement in some atts and tutoring.

Theo Pierre YP20d - MC - another technical, pacey midfielder. Will need some time in the u19s.

David Cuesta YP20e - DC- needs tutoring.

Mohamed Thiam YP20f - DMC - good to see a defensive minded midfielder. Will need some tutoring but could be my second choice in the DMC slot.

Alberto Romero YP20g - ST - second striker from the 5 years of intakes. Needs time.

Wajdi Mathlouthi YP20h - AMR - very slow for a winger. Doubt he will imrpove there. Will have to retrain him for a more central position.

Ali Morel YP20i - MC - poor personality. Needs tutoring.

Olivier Fournier YP20j - ML - good start up atts for a ML. Good personality.

Cedric Maillard YP20k - DR - needs some serious work on his defensive atts. Great personality.

Jean-Claude Landu YP20l - GK - another keeper. Nice depth in this position.

4.	18/19	National        5th	60	50	+10	9th		N/A		N/A
5.	19/20	National        1st	64	27	+37	1/4f		N/A		promoted, MotY

-Battle for promotion, i think we can do it if we are a bit more consistent - improved here a lot. Very consistent this time.

GOALS for next season:

-Stay up. With the loans and everything it would hurt us extremely if we would go back to National.

-More game time for my tags beyond YP16.

Great season Worrell and you've got good depth with that intake, very nice! I think you'll stay up next season :)

Well done staying up rferry, that's a great intake for your first season, should really help you next season.

Excellent first season Tush, good luck at the higher level.

Everybody seems to be doing well at the moment!

200px-HistonFClogo.png

Histon FC - 2037/38 - Sky Bet League 1: 1st

Squad | Transfers

Bit of a roller coaster season, as early on we had a ton of injuries and looked a bit of a mess, only to recover by Christmas, go on a great run and have promotion look certain. Then we didn't win again until February as the goals dried up.

Thankfully we turned it around again and the teams around us slumped, letting us run away towards the end of the season. In the end the league was secure with two games to go, and we won those for good measure to finish 12 points clear for a most comprehensive title win.

Time will tell what happens from here - we're back to where we were 4 years ago. Will the 4 years extra experience mean the young guys manage to hold onto a few games and get us the wins to stay up, or will it mean our old guys are past their best and we're a team in decline? I don't know yet.

Finances

Got a take over which forced a loan on us. That and cash injections made the season look like a profitable one when we really made a sizable loss. Now we're back in the Championship we should make a bit of money next year.

Key Players

The old cliche about it being a good team effort really is true, everyone played just that bit better this year than last year to ensure we got it done. The challenge is now to see who can step up to the next level.

Youth Intake

Better potential than we've had in a while, although there's nobody who looks like short term help.

(38a) Liam Hale - MC/ML/AMC - An attack minded midfielder that might make a decent inside forward with retraining.

(38b) Layne Nunn - DC/DL - Slooow but at least has reasonable size and a lot of potential.

(38c) David Fraser - DR - Another full back with poor technical ability, so hard to find someone that offers anything going forward at this level.

(38d) Charles Marriott - AML/AMC/AMR/ML - Like many wingers doesn't really have ideal finishing stats to be an inside forward, so will need work.

(38e) Richard Sleath - DC - Big guy who actually looks like he's got logical stats to do a job as a DC, what a rarity.

Previous Season Goals

Automatic promotion. We suck at playoffs. - Success.

Next Season Goals

• Avoid relegation.
  • Improve youth facilities to push for youth grade 2.

Congrats Shakes! Bouncing back in style :thup:

Just finished writing up my season 5 review, but have to wait until I get home tonight to do all the screenshots.

I will copy and paste the first line of the Youth Intake section, due to my excitement :)

"As the kids would say O.M.G. While the intake as a whole is actually very nice in its own right, only Stevie Wonder would not notice Niklas Wikstrom!!"

Hi all, been lurking on these forums for years but never bothered registering. I read last years thread a lot and have been following this one too, so thought I would start posting.

I often play this type of game in Germany and the bottom division isn't normally too bad but the difference between div 2 and the Bundesliga is pretty extreme so hopefully it will go okay.

I reloaded many times and have settled on RW Essen mostly because they have a lot of rivals that currently play in the Bundesliga (including Schalke and Dortmund), the other teams with rivalries are mainly from the east.

Hopefully I'll complete my first season soon so I'll edit this post when I do.

Manager Profile

Competition History

Transfer History

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 5 Review (2019)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

First Division Elite : 8th (Fixtures)

Swedish Cup : lost in 2nd round (our first round)

Season Review

A much better season in the First Division Elite, posting a positive goal difference and finishing plum in the middle of the league table. That in itself would have been cause for mild celebration this season, but the youth intake was a ridiculous highlight.

Our first venture into the Swedish Cup Group Stages was short lived as expected. We lost to Premier Division Helsingborg and Hammerby, before beating lower level Angelholm.

In the league we made a great start, going unbeaten in our first 4 games and only conceding once. And then we lost our next 4! We then had a fairly standard up and down season for a mid-table team. During the course of the season I was in a tactical haze, not knowing which way to go.

Later in the season after a chat with another manager I began to adopt their approach. I worked well to begin with, but my squad was not perfectly suited, but I did now have a great base to tinker and tweak from!

For anyone who has followed previous years challenge attempts, you can probably guess where my tweaking and tinkering took me...... Strikerless! :)

And 2 games after starting my strikerless phase the youth intake hit....

Youth Intake

As the kids would say O.M.G. While the intake as a whole is actually very nice in its own right, only Stevie Wonder would not notice Niklas Wikstrom!!

Niklas Wikstrom (YP 05A) - Good heavens above. How on earth did the Swedish big boys miss this kid?! An instant key player at the club with the coaching staff rating him at a good First Division Elite player. Taking a look at his profile just made things even better. Fantastic attributes and a pair of PPMs which mesh nicely and I have started him on learning 'plays one-twos' as well. The only downside is his noted issue with injury proneness. Going to have to tip-toe around any fitness issues here.

Niklas Svensson (YP 05B) - A useful central midfielder. Disappointing tackling (seems to be a year on year trend), but if I can raise up his more attacking attributes then we may be able to mask this.

Nemanja Ljumovic (YP 05C) - A Swedish/Serb winger, who has decent pace and crossing (notably lacking from previous intake wide players). Everything else is below par, but we might be able to work with pace and crossing.

Emil Gustafsson (YP 05D) - Decent looking youth goalkeeper. Has years of youth football ahead of him, with other GKs already established

Jonathan Hysen (YP 05E) - A very short (5' 9") central defender which is a concern. He does have good pace, which is a rarity at the position, so maybe he will fashion himself a career utilizing it.

Juho Halme (YP 05F) - A Swedish/Finnish winger. Decent attributes in most places.

"Frolunda Five" - 2019 Edition

Niklas Wikstrom (YP 05A) - Hard not to drop Niklas straight into the Frolunda Five, which is a list I am hoping he frequents for the next 10+ years! 7 games, 5 goals and 5 assists. We instantly looked more dangerous with him in the side, be it running at the defense himself or playing in others.

Emil Avdic (YP 01C) - Emil continues to put in decent performances when called upon. Attribute wise he is still very poor, but he is delivering (somehow!)

Robert Smolander - Another nice season for Robert. He was messed around with a little during the tactical doldrums I went through, but since settling on his role in the 460 he picked up nicely.

Johan Eckerman (YP 01A) - Johan again provided nice flexibility with his ability to play with both feet and on either wing. He will continue to feature going forward

Joel Perkhed - Joel unfortunately missed the last 3 months of the season with a torn hamstring and therefore has yet to feature in the 460. Hoping to drop him back into central midfield and pass the ball around.

Miscellaneous

In the 4 years I have been doing this challenge I do not recall ever getting a youth through the intake who is instantly ready for first team action as a key player! His injury proneness scares me, and I have found that it kicks in more often when their match fitness is not a full levels. I am going to be walking on eggshells all pre-season....

So, we have ventured (at least for now) back into Strikerless territory. A 460, which is split very much down the middle with 5 concentrating on defending (a flat back four, all defensive duties with a similarly detailed DM ahead of them) and 5 concentrating on attacking (two playmakers in the middle and then two inside forwards and a shadow striker).

Season 6 (2020) Goals

* Improve points total (46) and goal difference (+8) from this year

* Solidify tactical approach

I went ahead and spent a little time updating my spreadsheet and adding to it during a quiet period at work this afternoon :) I had been noticing in my youth player profiles that it seemed like many had negative reports regarding their consistency, so I wanted to document this to see if it is an issue with the squad. I also want a snapshot to see if it can improve over time as the kids mature.

Below is a screenshot of my current squad (ranked via the squad screen by potential) with color coded information for Injury Proneness, Consistency and Big Matches.

ED1R0oR.jpg

Injury Proneness - 30% (8 of 27) of players have varying degrees of injury proneness concerns

Inconsistency - 63% (17 of 27) of players have issues with consistency (holy crap!)

Consistency - 19% (5 of 27) have good consistency

Big Matches - 59% (16 of 27) have varying degrees of positive reactions to big match environments

Big Matches - 19% (5 of 27) have varying degrees of negative reactions to big match environments

Good lord do I have a consistency issue!

Now, before I get too worried, does anyone know if this is a normal issue with kids and they become more consistent over time as they mature as footballers?

Could I have a staff issue, which is causing overly inconsistent intakes?

Inversely, I seem to have a high population of kids who enjoy the big stage! Now to get into some big games.....!

Good season Shakes, hope you do better in the Championship this time!

Braumiller, Wikstrom looks amazing! He could carry your team to the next level. Solid season too, well done. Interesting to see that spreadsheet, I think my squad is similar. A lot of them enjoy big games and are inconsistent. Although I don't think we have as many inconsistent players as you do! I think Consistency can improve with age, I'm not 100% sure though.

That guy is a beast Braumiller, eyeballing him he's at least 3 stars CA for my team (which may say as much about my team as him)!

Consistency definitely can go up over time as much as a couple of categories, although there's no guarantees, looking at my current 30+ year olds:

(20b) Tyler Williams - Consistent Performer, was Fairly Consistent

(22b) Casey Driver - Neutral, was Neutral

(22c) Ollie Cambridge - Fairly Consistent Performer, was Fairly Inconsistent

(23a) Aidan Potter - Fairly Consistent Performer, was Neutral

(24a) Screve Makengo - Neutral, was Inconsistent

Injury proneness is the scary thing, when it's yellow it's usually not a huge deal, but the orange and especially red categories can be career killers. I sold my best young midfielder a while back just because I was sick of him picking up a knock every single game, and having to constantly try to nurse him back to health. Was great when he played, but he was only playing a full game about 1/3 of the season.

zjh6IWl.gif

Kingstonian

Season 7 - 2021/22

Vanarama Conference South - 1st

What a season! It comes when our first 11 are all products of our youth academy, the average age of our best 11 is 19!!! Next season we won't have any original players in the squad. We are certainly a lot better than the media give us credit for, predicting a 17th place finish. We had a very good first half to the season sitting in 4th. From then it just got better and better. Sat comfortably in 2nd for about 2 months, closing in on the leaders Sutton United, my home town and one of our local rivals. With 7 games left we had caught them, took 1st place then never looked back. We lost just once in the final 21 games. We were very lucky with injuries this season which I think contributed a lot to our good season. Not a single serious injury to any key players, it was some sort of miracle. We hardly needed to rotate and our 2 most important players started every game. We absolutely dominated our home games and consistently looked a level above. The amount of goals we concede away from home is still a worry, I will have to be less attacking away from home next season.

Nothing worth talking about in the cups again.

Key Players

(21a) Jason Brathwaite - AMC/ST - Managed to beat Campbells goalscoring record which is just ridiculous at his age. He is just so consistent. I based my tactic around him and Green. Brathwaite up front with Green behind him as a shadow striker. Instructed to play through the middle of the pitch. It got the best out of both of them. Brathwaite will be a handful in the conference already, we might have a hard time keeping hold of him!

(17c) Kieran Green - AMC/AMR/MC - Another great season for him, once again picking up player of the season. Racking up the assists with his through balls for Brathwaite. Our attack just flows so much better with him in the team. I'm delighted he's now showing me why my assistant rated him higher than (17a) and (17b)!

Youth Intake

We were due a poor intake. Can't really say I'm bothered, still excited over last seasons!

(22a) Macaza Mckenzie - AMC - Another attacking midfielder. He actually looks pretty good for his age and has very well rounded attributes, his potential isn't great though. But I feel there is a role for him to play. I'm liking the long shots.

Pre-Season Goals

Mid table finish and possibly sneak a playoff spot - screw that, we won the league!

Next Season Goals

Stay up of course, I think we can.

I think this squad has the potential to get promoted from the conference in the future. I'm not sure when, so I wont be setting any targets yet. Lets just see how we do next season first. But this season has shown me that there is a lot of potential there. I'm excited for the future :)

Finances finally look like they could improve now.

Rot-Weiss Essen 2015/16 ~ German Third Division

RWESSENLOGO_zpsfa7c50ca.png

Transfers | League Table | Player Stats

Media prediction: 16th

Actual position: 9th

We started off pretty well in the league, winning 8 out of our first 12 games to leave ourselves topping the league table in early October. Unfortunately our star striker Sven managed to dislocate his shoulder and rule himself out for 3 months.

At the half way point in the season we were 2nd in an extremely tight league, four points above Chemnitz in 4th.

During the winter break we took the team on a tour of Luxembourg, which I hoped may entice some wealthy tax evaders to invest in our youngsters. Instead we caught a viral outbreak and our best midfielder went off for 8 weeks with a sports hernia.

Our form during spring was woeful and I could already sense that our promotion bid was over.

As this was my first day of FM 2015 (I only quit my main 2014 save yesterday :o) I decided to test out some different shouts and player instructions to see if I could fix the issues. Sven got injured again, which is when I discovered I had a second team with a young striker in it, so I got him playing instead.

Our last seven games were awful, with no wins, and we ended the season on a five match losing streak leaving us in ninth place. I have never felt such soul crushing disappointment before in any FM I've previously played (since the championship manager days...).

We took 14 points from 19 matches missing out on the playoff by 14 points. We won 3 and lost 9. We conceded 24 goals, whilst scoring 23.

Our youth intake wasn't really anything great and I don't really get tagging yet, but we do have a good MC who was in the second team this season.

Sadio Coulibaly

Goals for 2016/17

• Try and make a decent tactic
  • Pray to the gods
  • Not lose 3 games in a row

Unfortunately I can't play anyone under the age of the 17, if I could then I would sell off the whole squad and play the youth team. Apart from Sven of course :lol:

Great season Willafus. Nice to see that Brathwaite stepped up and took over after Campbell.

What a beast Braumiller! The top division clubs must be kicking themselves.

BTW i did also go strikerless last season and had a great intake.

Archived