Ajax – When The Real World Meets Football Manager FM14

Also I have Tim Krul still as my number 1 keeper but want to train a keeper to be his back-up and hopefully take over for him. I've been trying to figure out how to improve a keeper's reflex attribute, but no luck, I tried training them in Agility and Quickness but those two does not improve the Reflex skill.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also I have Tim Krul still as my number 1 keeper but want to train a keeper to be his back-up and hopefully take over for him. I've been trying to figure out how to improve a keeper's reflex attribute, but no luck, I tried training them in Agility and Quickness but those two does not improve the Reflex skill.

All the individual focus do is concentrate on the attribute its named after. So agility will focus on agility and so on. Quickness is the only one what focuses on 2 attributes though pace and acceleration.

I'm not on the game atm but I'm pretty sure you can raise reflexes from training a player as a goalkeeper.

As for Adam Campbell I'll post a screenshot of him a little later on for you. He's developing really good and scores a fair amount of goals as well for me.

Why not? The regen is 7 years younger and already has great attributes to become a great keeper. If you compare them both he's really not that far behind Szczesny already imo. In all honesty I'd no worries throwing the youngster straight into my team now as he is. He's already good enough and exposure to first team football will just improve him even more and make him even better.

Why not? The regen is 7 years younger and already has great attributes to become a great keeper. If you compare them both he's really not that far behind Szczesny already imo. In all honesty I'd no worries throwing the youngster straight into my team now as he is. He's already good enough and exposure to first team football will just improve him even more and make him even better.

I got Butland on a free transfer so maybe I should sell Szczesny in January. I've been playing him about 40% of the time so far this season (In early November), thanks for your help guys.

This is Campbell;

40778965.png

Cleon that panel on the left for the player information details, how do you get that to show? I am getting the default one which shows the small pie chart and his face

Its under preferences > interface > more options or something simliar to that. I also have faces turned off.

So I've come to the end of season four, and at the end of the next campaign (2016/17) Christian Eriksen will come to the end of his contract. He is currently my joint highest paid player on £20,000 p/w, (this is the maximum wage I have given to any player since the start of the save), and I'm unsure whether to change my wage structure to keep him or not.

I have a very good player who can slot into the side instead of him, aswell as a couple if 17-19 year olds who are developing nicely and are just about ready to play if he moves on, so it won't be a disaster to let him leave.

Add to the fact that he's not an option to tutor other young players, do you think I may aswell just let him go?

So I've come to the end of season four, and at the end of the next campaign (2016/17) Christian Eriksen will come to the end of his contract. He is currently my joint highest paid player on £20,000 p/w, (this is the maximum wage I have given to any player since the start of the save), and I'm unsure whether to change my wage structure to keep him or not.

I have a very good player who can slot into the side instead of him, aswell as a couple if 17-19 year olds who are developing nicely and are just about ready to play if he moves on, so it won't be a disaster to let him leave.

Add to the fact that he's not an option to tutor other young players, do you think I may aswell just let him go?

If you have someone who can replace him like you do then I'd cash in if it means you don't have to break your wage structure.

Before my game screwed up I was in a simliar situation as yourself. He was asking for £48k a week I think. Which isn't a very high wage but I had one or two players who were able to take his place if he did leave. I decided that I would allow him to go and replace him with this regen;

Duits.png

So its a case of do you wanna hold onto him or not? I try not to get attached with real players (although that's not going well with Denswil and Tete) and leave that for newgens :D

He's asking for in the region of £50,000 p/w. I'm happy enough to let him go to be honest - he won't even budge to around £35,000.

The annoying thing is I've been able to keep others happy on the structure. Alderweireld for instance for happy enough to go from £17,000 p/w and jump to just £20,000, meaning he is now contracted to 2021. Fischer is the same (until 2019), and so is Siem de Jong (2020).

If Eriksen was an ideal tutor aswell as an excellent player, I'd push the boat out for him. But he's not, and I've decided he'll be leaving.

He's asking for in the region of £50,000 p/w. I'm happy enough to let him go to be honest - he won't even budge to around £35,000.

The annoying thing is I've been able to keep others happy on the structure. Alderweireld for instance for happy enough to go from £17,000 p/w and jump to just £20,000, meaning he is now contracted to 2021. Fischer is the same (until 2019), and so is Siem de Jong (2020).

If Eriksen was an ideal tutor aswell as an excellent player, I'd push the boat out for him. But he's not, and I've decided he'll be leaving.

The none tutor part played a big part in my decision as well :)

Do you play in the Next Gen Series Tom or leave it to the assistant/u19 manager?

I got Butland on a free transfer so maybe I should sell Szczesny in January. I've been playing him about 40% of the time so far this season (In early November), thanks for your help guys.
how good is Butland on your save?

The none tutor part played a big part in my decision as well :)

Do you play in the Next Gen Series Tom or leave it to the assistant/u19 manager?

It's just annoying to be honest, but nevermind I'm happy to stick to the wage structure I have in place.

I just leave the NextGen stuff to them. I'm happy with how they're doing as they stick to one of my three tactics.

It's just annoying to be honest, but nevermind I'm happy to stick to the wage structure I have in place.

I just leave the NextGen stuff to them. I'm happy with how they're doing as they stick to one of my three tactics.

So 20k is your wage cap? :)

So 20k is your wage cap? :)

Yep. I've kept to that from the start and I'm not planning on breaking it. Well maybe for Tete and Denswil. Either later today or tomorrow I'll show you a screenie of my first team contracts.

I feel sorry for the boys not earning as much as they could. :(

Yep. I've kept to that from the start and I'm not planning on breaking it. Well maybe for Tete and Denswil. Either later today or tomorrow I'll show you a screenie of my first team contracts.

I feel sorry for the boys not earning as much as they could. :(

I love the Dutch league for keeping low wages :cool:

No other save I play compares to my Ajax one not even the Sheff Utd one I have. The Ajax one is just a lot more enjoyable. Time to make it my only save I think and start posting about it again.

I'm going to start playing Ikpeazu (regen) as the first choice and sell Szczesny in January although he's been giving some great performances. My youths are coming along quite nicely, I know you probably don't select youth players this way but Cleon, at what rating (of the 5* rating) would you start playing youths in the 1st team. I've been going for 1.5* and they get game time once every 2-3 games usually towards the end. 2* and they begin starting the occasional matches. 2.5* and they are working their way in to the 1st team. 3* and above I play them 1st team. Just wondering how that compares to you?

Cleon, maybe you posted this before, but I dont have the time to read all the thread: do you asing tutors to mentor players "both on and off the pitch" or just "help to improve his game"?

Another issue I am experiencing is a high percentage of tutees failing to get the tutor personality due to "huge differences in personalities between them". Any advise on this? I usually match players with "Professional", "Fairly Professional", "Leader", etc with "Balanced" youngsters mostly...

There are a few things that are taken into account when selecting which teams enter the competition each season in game.

This includes their youth recruitment, coaching and facilities as well as their performance in their youth/reserve league the previous. The standing of the senior squad is also taken into account.

from this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/281079-Under-19s-Champions-Cup?p=7212554&viewfull=1#post7212554

Cleon, maybe you posted this before, but I dont have the time to read all the thread: do you asing tutors to mentor players "both on and off the pitch" or just "help to improve his game"?

Another issue I am experiencing is a high percentage of tutees failing to get the tutor personality due to "huge differences in personalities between them". Any advise on this? I usually match players with "Professional", "Fairly Professional", "Leader", etc with "Balanced" youngsters mostly...

I've explained it time and time again in the thread. I don't have time to keep repeating myself and going over things that already exist in the thread.

I've explained it time and time again in the thread. I don't have time to keep repeating myself and going over things that already exist in the thread.

I believe Cleon stated that he uses the different options for what outcome he wants. If he wants the PPM's passed on as well as personality changes he will use the "help improve his game option". The other one he uses for for just personality changes.

I think I can help,

1) Mentor is the same as the other one it just doesn't transfer PPM's.

2) As far as I can remember Cleon ignores that advice and tutors them regardless.

Guys, apologies if this has been asked and answered but trying to Ctrl F a word I'm after brings too many results! After you've tutored your youngster and his personality changes to what you want it to be, do you carry on tutoring him? I.e. A young striker of mine has been tutored off Kuyt and his now "determined', I've got Elmander whose personality is 'Resolute', would it be worth tutoring him under Elmander for 6 months? Will his personality change?....Or is the theory behind tutors as simple as it sounds? Tutor until he has the personality you want then tweak him yourself in regards to PPM's and specific training?

Guys, apologies if this has been asked and answered but trying to Ctrl F a word I'm after brings too many results! After you've tutored your youngster and his personality changes to what you want it to be, do you carry on tutoring him? I.e. A young striker of mine has been tutored off Kuyt and his now "determined', I've got Elmander whose personality is 'Resolute', would it be worth tutoring him under Elmander for 6 months? Will his personality change?....Or is the theory behind tutors as simple as it sounds? Tutor until he has the personality you want then tweak him yourself in regards to PPM's and specific training?

If a player has the personality type you want him to have then its pointless tutoring him again imo unless he can be tutored by someone who can pass on PPM's. But once a player has the personality I want then I teach him the PPM's myself.

Wow, just trying to get my head around this thread gets it spinning especially the personality section.

So in short, the mental attributes that are visible on a player's profile should not be the main factor in us choosing them as a tutor but rather their personality? So good personality and poor visible attributes should not be unfavorable? Or is this too simple a way to put it?

Wow, just trying to get my head around this thread gets it spinning especially the personality section.

So in short, the mental attributes that are visible on a player's profile should not be the main factor in us choosing them as a tutor but rather their personality? So good personality and poor visible attributes should not be unfavorable? Or is this too simple a way to put it?

Essentially the Personality is the ONLY thing I care about first. If he has the personality and I have tutors to spare he is tutored, otherwise hes trained for ppms. If he doesn't have the personality then hes tutored. If he plays in a key role that already has a senior player with the ppms I want for that role and he is lacking the personality and ppms he is tutored, otherwise he can be trained for ppms if not tutor is available.

Wow. That changes everything in the way I've approach tutoring. Always looked for tutors who had strong mental attributes without paying too much attention to the personality of the tutor or player.

As a rule of thumb, never use a tutor who has a "lower" personality grade than the player being tutored, even if he has a lot of PPMS to pick up?

Personality is all that matters. When tutoring all it does is change the hidden attributes (and the only visible one determination).

Wow. That changes everything in the way I've approach tutoring. Always looked for tutors who had strong mental attributes without paying too much attention to the personality of the tutor or player.

As a rule of thumb, never use a tutor who has a "lower" personality grade than the player being tutored, even if he has a lot of PPMS to pick up?

You could in the hope he'd pick the PPM's up but then you'd need to tutor him again with a stronger personality type.

Its amazing how I've been playing this game for almost 20 years and I've really learnt a lot during this incarnation through a few of your threads. It actually adds layers to the game that add to the enjoyment factor. I just need to find a way not to get bored within 3-4 seasons of a game irrespective of how my fortunes are on the pitch.

Unfortunately when I see new-gens popping up all over and the players we've been used to dropping off into retirement, it just takes something away which leads to my boredom. I need to find a way to embrace it like you have.

Think of them as unique players, by which I mean there is only one of them in your game whereas everyone has a Rooney or Lampard etc. I get attached to my regen players when they become brilliant.

Unfortunately when I see new-gens popping up all over and the players we've been used to dropping off into retirement, it just takes something away which leads to my boredom. I need to find a way to embrace it like you have.

I'm the opposite, the game become a lot more interesting for me when you don't know who the players are etc

I'm going to start playing Ikpeazu (regen) as the first choice and sell Szczesny in January although he's been giving some great performances. My youths are coming along quite nicely, I know you probably don't select youth players this way but Cleon, at what rating (of the 5* rating) would you start playing youths in the 1st team. I've been going for 1.5* and they get game time once every 2-3 games usually towards the end. 2* and they begin starting the occasional matches. 2.5* and they are working their way in to the 1st team. 3* and above I play them 1st team. Just wondering how that compares to you?

I don't know if you saw this.

I have done a few experiments with youth intakes. Some people probably know this. But for starters, you can sign new staff a couple days before the intake, these staff members can actually be favored personel for the newgen, even though only spending a day at the club.

I also realized the newgens will take any staff in the club as favored personel, both coaches and u20 coaches. You should therefor sack all staff members you have with bad personalities to prevent getting bad youths, and sign better ones. The more staff you have, the greater the chance of a newgen with good personality. If you have a small staff, then most newgens will have no favored personel at all obviously.

There will also be a small influx of newgens with same nationality as yourself + foreign coaches&HoY, therefor its wise to have staff from good football countries.

Same here. The only ways to keep an interest are with Scouting and Training, or you can try to do something tactically different when you don't really know what you're doing :(
OMG some of the players my scouts have turned up ...they are just too good to be turned away..tis now easily my favorite part of the game,

I finally started getting some 3 stars coming outta my academy its the first intake since we maxxed out with facilities, so I am going to start signing more and more of them and see how we go..they have one season to show improvements

I love the Dutch league for keeping low wages :cool:

No other save I play compares to my Ajax one not even the Sheff Utd one I have. The Ajax one is just a lot more enjoyable. Time to make it my only save I think and start posting about it again.

If you do that you'll overshadow my little bits of player development i here. :(

Anyway, as promised yesterday here is the screenshot of my first team wages, contract expiriy dates, etc;

AFCAjaxWages-2016-17_zps18743e05.png

As you can see there are a clutch of players already on my top salary of £20,000 p/w, but fortunately all of them but Eriksen have atleast three years left on their deals so I won't have to worry about offloading them for a couple of years yet. Below that are a few nearing the £20,000 mark, all of which will probably have to be sold as I can't see them agreeing deals with such a little salary jump - Adryan being the most obvious.

Anyway, seen as I said I would keep you updated on the progress of Dejan Meleg earlier in the thread, here is a screenshot of how he looks now;

DejanMeleg-EndOfSeason4_zps59e9fdf7.png

This the man who is going to replace Christian Eriksen in the DLP role. I believe that with a regular place in the side he'll put in much better performances. However, for sporadic appearances last erm, I was happy with an average rating of just over the seven mark.

If you do that you'll overshadow my little bits of player development i here. :(

Anyway, as promised yesterday here is the screenshot of my first team wages, contract expiriy dates, etc;

AFCAjaxWages-2016-17_zps18743e05.png

As you can see there are a clutch of players already on my top salary of £20,000 p/w, but fortunately all of them but Eriksen have atleast three years left on their deals so I won't have to worry about offloading them for a couple of years yet. Below that are a few nearing the £20,000 mark, all of which will probably have to be sold as I can't see them agreeing deals with such a little salary jump - Adryan being the most obvious.

Anyway, seen as I said I would keep you updated on the progress of Dejan Meleg earlier in the thread, here is a screenshot of how he looks now;

DejanMeleg-EndOfSeason4_zps59e9fdf7.png

This the man who is going to replace Christian Eriksen in the DLP role. I believe that with a regular place in the side he'll put in much better performances. However, for sporadic appearances last erm, I was happy with an average rating of just over the seven mark.

Interest in Menig? who is chasing him :D

That's how you run a club though with low wages :cool:

It's great to see Meleg shaping up to be a decent DLP and with 89% pass rate. I'd be happy with his overall contribution considering he must be in and out a lot so doesn't get a proper run in the side.

Archived