FM14: Tottenham Hotspur - "“ Sold Elvis and bought The Beatles..."

enders357

Update on the close of 2015/16 season:

We clinched our 3rd Premier League in a row with 3 games to go, finishing ahead of Chelsea by 4 points.

There isn't much to say on the cup competitions, after overcoming a 1st leg 2 goal deficit against Bayern in the first knockout round, I went out 4-1 on aggregate to Man City in Champions League quarters, I got to Wembley in the FA Cup semi but beaten well by Liverpool.

My transfer policy has turned towards youth, other than Fierro as I mention above, I spent £4.6m on a Japanese DR/L newgen who, after being with us for most of the season, the coaches all agree will turn into a world class right back, I also signed a French DC from Marseille for £1.1m and a Nigerian MC who is out on loan working towards his Bulgarian Passport. Ustari was signed as backup to Lloris on a free and only made a couple of early cup round appearances.

Barbosa Fierro made a potent due in the league but perhaps the cups aren't good for 2 young strikers. Soldado sadly went off form but rallied after a chat. Most first team contacts were extended although I won't with Soldado unless he stops asking for an increase, he is 31 afterall.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning All. I've finally completed my first Spurs save on FM14. As an avid fan I always like to master the FM versions before starting a save with my beloved Spurs, so I tend to play as other Prem/Championship teams in the first instance.

Our first season was quite successful, despite crashing out in the early rounds of both domestic cups. Prem basement dwellers (at the time) Sunderland beat me at the Stadium of Light 1-0 in the FA Cup 4th Round, while Fulham gave me a good 4-2 spanking at WHL in the 4th round of the league cup. I had rotated the squad a little for the domestic cups, so winning these was never a real priority.

My main focus was the league and ensuring we had a top4 finish. Our form here was quite brilliant, retaining a top 4 spot throughout the year and pushing Chelsea really close to the title. We actually still had a shot of winning it on the final day, but it wasn't to be and I was brimming with pride at the fact we'd finished 2nd.

My main surprise was the Euro cup. I'd started out with a bit of a rotated squad for the group stages, which resulted me taking a huge 5-2 spanking at the hands of Freiburg (I think, not at my own PC at the moment). I was leading the game 2-0 after 20 minutes thinking my god, this group is going to be a walk in the park.....

However, this was my only defeat.....for the remainder of the competiion as we beat Udinese comfortably with a 3-1 win in the final. I'd started picking a stronger squad from the quarter finals onwards as I'd drawn Juventus, but we managed to overcome them with a 3-0 home win and a 0-0 draw in Turin. Leverkusen were disposed of in the semi's.

My only transfers in were Jonathan Silva and Eder Alvarez Balanta. The rest of my money went on arranging my own backroom staff. I think I only kept Mick Brown, Pat Jennings, Freund, Baldini and the physios. I offered Parks the U21 goalkeeping coach role and asked Friedel if he'd be player / goalkeeping coach for the first team which he accepted.

I didn't sell anyone from the first team in the first window, but Chriches found his way to Napoli in the winter for £5.25 million.

Stand out performers for me were Gylfi, who won player of the year in the no.10 role and finished top scorer with 30+ goals. Eriksen was injured for a couple of month and literally found himself as a bit part player covering for Gylfi when he returned. Adebayor had a good solid season in the lone striker role. While Lamela, Townsend, Lennon and Chadli all contributed well as inside forwards. Lamela and Townsend were the general starters here, but Chadli pushed Townend for the starting spot towards the season end.

I usually played Sandro (who was immense) and Dembele in the midfield roles. Surprising Sandro played better as a support centre midfilder while Dembele was best as a defending DLP.

Rose and Walker were fantastic as complete wing backs, with Naughton providing more than adequate cover for Walker who picked up a few knocks along the way. Jonathan Silva was a bit raw, but was decent enough in his first season. Vertoghnen and Balanta were my first choice centre backs, Dawson and Kaboul providing cover. All be it Dawson played extremely well in the games he covered, as a consequence I generally left him in during our Euro cup campaign.

With us now in the close seaon the club have decided to build a new stadium so money is virtually non existent. As a consequence I'm aiming to sell off a load of players, particularly those coming back from loan deals that will never see light of day in the first team.

Forgot to mention I signed 3 young kids in Zivkovic, Souttar and Pugliese who spent the season in the U21's plying their trade. Also I'd signed Veratti form PSG on a season loan, although he only really featured in the cups due to Sandro and Dembele's form.

Pre-Season has gone well, but our two main players in Gylfi and Ade have left. Was offered 25 million for Gylfi from Schalke, which I couldn't turn down and 12.5 million for Ade from Wolfsburg. Holtby was sold to Liverpool for 12 million, Chadli went to Dortmund for 6.25 million, Falque went to Villareal for 2.9 million, BAE went to Newcastle for 2 million, Tom Carroll to Stoke for 5 million, other than that we released just about everyone of the youths and reserves who were out of contract. Gomes was the only first teamer to leave on a free.

Quite chuffed with the signings we've made. Generated some decent income for transfers due to the sales of those above. Picked up Tom Ince for 1.3 million compensation (surely going to make me a profit in future). Franco Zucculini came on a free also. Timo Horn was signed as backup to Lloris for 4.5 million. Eric Dier came on a free as another youngster to nurture. I took a punt on Danny Ings, who I got for 3 million from Burnley following their relegation to league 1. Re-signed Veratti on a season loan deal as well as Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (who looks quite promising). Also signed Ryan Gauld for 5 million but loaned him to Celtic for the season. My final signing on transfer deadline day was Luciano Vietto for 5 million, another prospect who looks like a future star.

Season 2 to begin!

That's a good price for Gylfi and a very respectable first season.

I seem to have 4th season syndrome similar to Edgar. Epoue who I use to rotate the BWM position with Sandro did his cruciate ligaments early in the season. Dembele twisted an ankle in the same game and by the time he was back, Paulinho broke his collarbone. Added to which Sandro went psycho and was sent off to only be sent off again in the next game after his suspension.

I crashed out of the champions league in the group stage and started the league in a seemingly irrecoverable run of bad form. We rallied and scraped results here and there to get to the Euro cup final to get spanked by Chelsea 4-0, but on the league front, much to my surprise, actually sneaked into 2nd place on the last day of the season after only getting to the champions league positions with 3 games to go.

Much thinking on what do with the squad after this season.

I had him as advanced playmaker behind Adebayor, just checked and he scored 31 goals in all competitions, 20 goals in 28 premier league games. Eriksen has played that role in my 2nd season scoring 21 goals in all competitions. Ade scored 24 goals in 34 premier league appearances (just checked his stats). Not sure how many he scored in all competitons but didn't use him much in cup matches so probably not a lot more.

My 2nd season was reasonably successful. We had an end of season collapse in the league which resulted in us finishing 4th. Albeit, 5th, 4th and 3rd all finished on same points (Liverpool 5th and City 3rd) with only goal difference separating us. Utd under Hiddink's stewardship finished 2nd, whilst Mourinho claimed another title for Chelsea with 2 games to spare.

The domestic cups were a huge success this season, a total contract to year 1. We won both the league cup and the FA cup. We had an easy run to the semi's of the league cup, but after a 2-2 home to draw to Man U I actually expected us to be knocked out when we went to Old Trafford. But a surprising 2-0 win saw us through to the final where we beat Liverpool 2-1. The FA cup, saw us up against Arsenal in the 4th round at WHL a 2-1 win saw us beat the most difficult opposition we'd face for the rest of the competition. We went on to beat Swansea, Wigan, Fulham in the semi's and then Aston Villa in the final.

The champions league was quite a highlight too. We were drawn in the group stages in Spanish champions Atletico, Olympiakos and Maribor. I expected us to qualify in at least 2nd spot, but we won all our games with the exception of the trip to Spain. With us 4-1 down at half time I gave the team an aggressive half time 'bollocking' and we went on to bring it back to 4-4...........only for Atletico to score a 5th with a few minutes remaining.....gutted! We still topped the group and played CSKA Moscow in the 2nd round. With us travelling there for the 1st leg we gave them a right old 6-0 thumping. Meaning we were virtually through to the quarters. Where we drew City. After a 3-2 defeat in the first leg at the Etihad I felt quite confident for the home leg. But as our league title hopes were fading with silly points lost, so too was our Champs league hopes. A 2-1 defeat saw us go out and I have to admit, I was a tad upset. City then beat PSV in the semi's and Bayern in the final.

Still the board and fans were quite happy with the campaign, and with 2 domestic cups, plus the Euro Super Cup (we beat Real....take that Bale and Modric) we put 3 trophies in the cabinet, so I guess you have to be content with that.

I let Zucculini (not used) leave in January for 1.5m and Livermore (again not used) go to Southampton for 3.5m. I managed to sign Alvaro Morata in January for 15.5m, who I expect to be my main striker next season after bedding him for the remainder of this year.

Close season transfers so far I have bought Julian Brandt for 35 million and Leon Goretzka for 30 million which has blown my budget. But for 2 young Germans rated as 4.5 stars I had to spend big. Tom Ince, Danny Ings and Capoue have all joined West Ham for a combined 15 million. Could have got more for Capoue I guess, but I just wanted rid as I have way too many centre mids. Kaboul has gone to Sunderland for 5 million (expecting to use John Souttar more next season). And I've just let Sandro go to Monaco for 40 million. I told him he was welcome back anytime as he was leaving, to which he said 'I'm not coming back here while you still boss' The bitch! Didn't realise I'd ever upset him lol!

Timo Horn wanted to leave so I let him go back to Germany for 7m with Gladbach his preferred destination. In needing another keeper I went for Jack Butland as Stoke were relegated. They still managed to make me pay 9.5m for him though. But I wanted a young English keeper so was prepared to pay the rate. Intend on using him more than I used Horn though. I signed James Milner on a free as City let him go, plus got two young kids who's contract expired at Barcelona and Fiorentina. Sergi Roberto from the Catalans and Leonardo Capezzi from the Italians. I'd replaced Baldini with Leonardo as DoF and his first signing he wanted to make was a Belgian midfield regen who was 17, he looked quite promising (4 stars) and with a name like Dick Smits I couldn't refuse. I got a young centre back from Boca called Thiago Casasola who was rated highly by the scouts and as Will Hughes was going for 2.5m I had a gamble. It meant I could loan Gauld out again, this time to WBA. City were letting Silva leave so I had to have him, but didn't want to pay him 200k a week, so we have him on loan for the season with the option to buy him at the end of the season for 5m (haha!)

Season 3 has begun with us winning the Community Shield against Chelsea, which I'm chuffed about as Jose always talks about how much he hates me. First game of the campaign has seen me lose 2-1 at Bournemouth......gutting.....could be a long year!

Season 3 ended with nothing more than the community shield in the cabinet. Which in my eyes was a bit disappointing. We were dumped out of the carling cup in the 4th round at home to Man Utd after extra time, whilst City gave us 4-1 spanking in the 4th round of the FA cup. We went on a 19 game unbeaten run in the league, but lost 3 of our final 7 games dropping us down to a 3rd place finish. Chelsea made it 3 titles in 3 seasons, but were pushed close my Utd in Hiddink's final season before retirement. They lost their first league game of the season on 6th April away to Everton and only 1 more after that. I was expecting them to replicate Arsenal's invincible year.

Our Champions league campaign was halted in the quarters yet again, but this time at the hands of Bayern Munich.

Transfer wise we let a number of 'senior' players leave with the expectancy that our youngster would ready for the first team. James Milner had been **** poor since his free transfer from City so we let him go to Blackburn for 1m. Soldado left on a free to Villareal. Vertonghen went to Atletico for 12.75m. Paulinho to Porto for 20m. Eric Dier hadn't developed so he went to Blackburn for 1m also. Sergi Roberto had wanted to leave due to not much game time so off he went to 10m. Aaron Lennon wanted a new challenge and went off to Liverpool for 4m, while Dembele went off to Shalke for 10.75m. Kane went to Wigan for 1m. Friedel retired. Dawson went to Cardiff after his contract expired.

Incomings saw me pick up Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for 2.5m as 3rd choice keeper. Niklas Sule came from Hoffenheim for 16.5m. Luke Shaw finally joined us after years of speculation for 23m. Victor Fischer from Ajax for 6m. Gabriel Barbosa came from Barcelona for 4.7m and Youri Tielemens from Anderlect for 4.7m. I'd setup a link with Anderlecht which seemed to be paying off with this transfer. Also picked up Facundo Cardozo from Munich on a Bosman and a couple of 4 star regens on bosmans.

I feel like we have a very good young side now, who I'm hopeful will finally challenge for the title.

Lloris / Butland / Smithies

Walker / Naughton

Shaw / Rose / Silva

Sule / Cassasola

Balanta / Cardozo

Bentaleb / Tielemens

Goretzka / Pugliese

Lamela / Townsend

Brandt / Fischer

Eriksen / Capezzi

Morata / Vietto / Barbosa

Hughes on loan at Newcastle, Souttar on loan to Norwich, Zivkovic on loan at Parma, Gauld on loan at Aston Villa. We have a 4 star prodigy come through the youths by the name of Rashida Jeffrey Marshall who is on loan at Bradford and Dick Smits has been sent to Anderlecht for the year.

He played 3 seasons for me, over various central positions until I moved him on to Porto for 20m. 6.93 S1, 7.17 S2 and 6.86 in S3. 43 appearances in total scoring 6 goals.

Season 4 completed in our swanky new stadium 'New' White Hart Lane. And our new home proved to be the start of something quite brilliant. We won our first 12 league matches, giving us a massive advantage over our rivals. We also topped our Champions league group with 5 out of 6 wins beating FC Kobenhavn home and away, Stuttgart home and away and Shaktar at home. We had a disappointing defeat in the penultimate group game 1-0 away in Ukraine.

This unfortunately had a knock on effect for our form in other competitions. A draw away at Chelsea were the first points dropped in the league, while a defeat away at Liverpool followed by the Scousers dumping us out of the league cup a few days later. This was followed by a home defeat against Man City (who always bloody beat me!). Then came disastrous news that Eriksen was out injured for 6 months with a broken leg. Gutted, as I loaned out Hughes and Gauld with Capezzi not really showing any promise in the games I'd given him. I needed to get through to January and then delve into the market.

The City defeat was the last one for a while, but we were still dropping points with silly draws against poor teams. Before the deadline closed I'd recalled Hughes and purchased Angel Correa. I then let Capezzi go out on loan to Reading. I also managed to get a record win away at Chester in the FA Cup with a 10-0 scoreline. I'd secured the services of Barcelona youngster Denis Suarez for next season too, as his contract was expiring at the end of the season.

We knocked Dortmund out of the Champions League in the last 16, following a 0-0 draw in Germany we thumped them 4-0 at our new home. We also had defeated last season's treble winners Chelsea 3-1 in the FA Cup 5th round.

By the time 1st April come round I was at home to Chelsea and although Man Utd were mathematically in with a chance of catching us both , the fight was between me and Jose.......who still hated me. A 2-0 home defeat left us in a poor position despite this only being our 3rd defeat of the season. At one point we were 11 points clear....not sure how but Mourinho had managed to sneak back into the title race looking to be the first team to win the league 4 times in a row.

The Chelsea defeat was followed by a 4-1 loss at Utd in the Champions League quarters. We then scraped through the FA Cup semi's after extra time against Crystal Palace. Then followed the home leg against Utd where we needed to win 3-0 or by 4 goals if by any other score. Needless to say we were 2-0 at half time and when Angel Correa made it 3.....I'd forgot who Eriksen was. We hung on in there and marched onto the Semi's. Where we'd face Inter Milan. Chelsea were playing Juventus in the other semi final.

Despite this fantastic comeback our next game was at Arsenal........and we lost 2-1. Knowing I still had to go to City....who always beat us I knew our title dream was virtually over as Chelsea took advantage and moved into top spot for the first time this season. We beat Inter 4-2 in the first leg of the CL but then had to go there after the gruelling City game. Somehow out of somewhere we stuffed the Mancs 5-2 and give us some hope of clinching our first title since '61.

Cloud 9 should come with a danger warning though as Inter did to me what I did to Utd. They just left it until the last kick of the match to make it 3-1.....I had an actual tear in my eye!

We went on to beat Liverpool 4-1 in the FA cup final and win our remaining league games. We needed Chelsea to drop some points somewhere, but good old Jose........left it while the last match. With us on 87 points and Chelsea on 88. I was home to Hull while they were away to Blackburn. Considering I'd won at Ewood 7-0 I didn't hold out much hope. But as I kept checking the latest scores somehow Blackburn were winning 2-1 while I was winning 2-0. I was on course to lift the league. Then I saw that Lukaku had scored in the 89th minute. If they were going to do a Man City on me I would have never played this game again! Blackburn hung on. We won the league. I was ecstatic! A different kind of tear came to my eye. We were champions, finally, after 4 seasons and with a team full of youngsters who had fantastic potential.

I have no intention of making major changes to the squad as I sincerely believe this is the team that can go on and be champions year after year.

Our best players were

Lamela 7.60 average rating. 24 goals, 24 assists, 15 mom.

Vietto 7.54 average rating. 24 goals. 2 assists (only 19 starts) with 14 sub appearances.

Morata 7.34 average rating. 30 goals, 9 assists.

Brandt 7.17 average rating (not brilliant I know) but 23 assists and 10 goals!

Has anybody got Paulinho to perform to a decent level?

.. i have done many a save and tried him out in several positions and still cant get him to perform regularly.

He never seems good enough. Can work as either B2B of CM/Attack but is too inconsistent. You can get good value selling him though.

I've been playing this game (and Championship Manager) for about 20 years and I think I my finally be half way to completing it...

Screenshot2014-06-28145105_zps93270600.png

It's season 2019-20 now and after missing out on what would have been my fourth title by just 3 points last season the boys seem pretty keen to avoid the same heartache again! I can't really believe it, I've never overseen anything like this kind of run on this or any previous versions of the game... I'm actually kind of nervous to play each league game for fear of messing it up.

• 3 weeks later...

It's time for the annual "big Spurs save". I'm going to very much be concentrating on youth,

After starting my time at White Hart Lane I had a fairly clear idea about what I was going to change on day one and what I wasn't. The biggest area of concern was the left back position as I don't think Danny Rose is up to the job. My main targets with Daley Blind or Luke Shaw, as they are both young and fit in with what I am looking to do at the club. Southampton wanted over £20m for Shaw so I went for Blind, who is far more versatile too. I managed to pick him up for £9m (including £4m of performance based payments). I also signed Divock Origi, Ryan Gauld and Alen Halilovic from Lille, Dundee Utd and Diano respectively. Each went back on loan until January whilst I bedded in the rest of the squad. To balance the books I sold Michael Dawson, Danny Rose and Gylfi Sigurdsson. I was happy to leave it at that, but when Liverpool offered £10m for Aaron Lennon on transfer deadline it was very tempting as he hadn't been playing in my side. When Liverpool agreed to pay over £12m it was too good to turn down. I sent nearly all of the U21 squad out on loan, with the exception of Jordan Archer, Milos Veljkovic, Nabil Bentaleb, Zeki Fryers and Harry Kane who were all promoted to the main squad and would be used whenever possible. In addition, I brought in Eric Steele as my Goalkeeping Coach, hired a new U21 and U18 manager and increased my scouting network.

The season started off in mixed fashion with a very comfortable 4-1 win against West Brom followed by a 2-1 reverse at Fulham, despite being 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go. But soon this settled into to a run of good form, and by December 31st we were 2nd in the league, but 7 points behind leaders Man Utd, and only 2 points ahead of Everton and Southampton. Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City are 5th-8th. The team had performed well, Adebayor was on fire making sure Soldado wasn't getting a chance in the league. The only players from my original XI who lost their starting places were Townsend (which was more to do with Chadli's goal return from the bench than Townsend's form) and Eriksen who hadn't had the best season and was frequently losing his place to Bentaleb who was certainly taking his chance. In terms of the kids, Veljkovic was getting game time, but mainly in the Anchor position rather than in the heart of defense and was generally performing well. Fryers, Bentaleb were getting run outs on a fairly regular basis. Jordan Archer only played one game in the Europa League once we had already qualified as winners of the group. But he performed well and took the 2nd keeper position when Friedel picked up a training ground injury in December. The only player who didn't get too much time was Harry Kane. Due to Emmanuel Adebayor's dominance in the Premier League games, Soldado was reduced to Capital One Cup and Europa League games, and I tried to keep him as much game time as possible to try and grab some goals and improve his moral.

The low point of the first half of the season was getting knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the 5th round by Arsenal 4-1 at The Emirates. The Europa League was far more encouraging, despite drawing our first game we'd qualified after the 4th game and were group winners after the 5th. So the 6th game saw a very changed side including a couple of the lads from the U18 set up.

First XI (Subs)

GK-SK: Hugo Lloris (Brad Friedel)

DR-FB: Kyle Walker (Kyle Naughton)

DC-XX: Younes Kaboul (Milos Veljkovic)

CD-XX: Jan Vertonghen (Vlad Chiriches)

DL-FB: Daley Blind (Zeki Fryers)

A-XX: Sandro (Ettiene Capoue)

MCR-BTB: Mousa Dembele (Paulinho)

MCL-DLP: Christian Eriksen (Nabil Bentaleb)

AMR-IF: Erik Lamela (Nacer Chadli)

AML-W: Andros Townsend (Nacer Chadli)

ST-AF: Emmanuel Adebayor (Roberto Soldado)

In

Daley Blind from Ajax (£9m)

Ryan Gauld from Dundee United (£6.5m)

Alen Halilovic from Dinamo (£21m)

Divock Origi from Lille (£8m)

Out

Dominic Ball to Coventry City (Loan)

Souleymane Coulibaly to Burnley (Loan)

Shaquile Coulthirst to MK Dons (Loan)

Michael Dawson to Everton (£4m)

Laste Dombaxe to Sheffield Utd (Loan)

Giancarlo Gallifuoco to Portsmouth (Loan)

Ryan Gauld to Dundee Utd (Loan)

Alen Halilovic to Dinamo (Loan)

Cameron Lancaster to Torquay (Loan)

Aaron Lennon to Liverpool (£12.25m)

Kenneth McEvoy to Bristol City (Loan)

Luke McGee to Rochdale (Loan)

Alexander McQueen to Tamworth (Loan)

Darren McQueen to Exeter (Loan)

Jonathan Miles to East Fife (Loan)

Will Miller to Kidderminster (Loan)

John Obika to Coventry City (Loan)

Nathan Oduwa to Grimsby (Loan)

Connor Ogilvie to AFC Wimbledon (Loan)

Divock Origi to Lille (Loan)

Danny Rose to Monaco (£7m)

Gylfi Sigurdsson to Benfica (£7m)

Kevin Stewart to Wycmobe Wanderers (Loan)

Grant Ward to Grimsby (Loan)

Harry Winks to Accrington Stanley (Loan)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't quite manage my unbeaten season in the end - P38 W34 D3 L1.

Swansea were the ones that beat me, but only after the title was already mine (in fact, all the draws came once I'd claimed the title too - 90 points from 30 games is pretty unbeatable!).

Went on to win the Champions League too. Usual star players - Lukaku ha been unstoppable in his three seasons for me and came up with 20+ league goals again; Dorin Rotariu out on the left wing was amazing; Lamela is still the man on the right wing; and Mateo Kovacic won world player of the year for his work bursting forward from central midfield. The rest of my team were very good too - Lloris in goal, Luke Shaw switched to right back after my only signing of last summer was David Alaba, and my central defence pairing of Doria and Diego Reyes kept Alvarez Balanta and an insane newgen out of the team. I had a newgen Regista and Bentaleb in midfield.

That's the end of my 7th season and we're being moved in to Wembley for a year so New WHL can be upgraded to 72000 cap.

Haven't decided for sure yet but this may be the end of FM14 for me. Might be good to take a break before FM15 comes out!

Downloaded the new rosters and all data stuff from Sortitoutsi and I have all the updated rosters to date, but will probably re download if more sign for Spurs. Made some cool signings in Gabby Abgonlohar (spelled it wrong), The young CB from River forget his name, and Timo Werner believe it or not and also Claudio Yacob who has been immense. I sold Sandro to City for 40 mil US and I also sold Dawson, and..... god I can't remember. So far Mike Vorm has been great in EL, Carling Cup and we have yet to get into the FA. We beat Arsenal away from home in the first game of the season 1-0. Got a pen and Robert S. put it away. Had a good streak, but had some wins and losses. Had a thriller with Man City which ended up 3-3 away from home. Last game before I saved was at home against Liverpool and we got beat 0-2.

There is a ton of speed in the team and that is what I rely on. Lennon was upset and wanted to leave, but he then decided to stay and has been absolutely amazing. Got player of the month and got the third best goal of the month. When there is pace on the left he really excels and there is a lot of it when I stick Gabby out on the AML opposite Lennon. He gets open for goals and things couldn't be better. Timo has scored some great goals and got a goal on his debut in the prem. Lewis Holtby is also playing great so great I start him and put he and Eriksen out there. I put Eriksen in the CM spot as an AP(A) and Holtby is a Treqrista. Really I'm really pleased overall with the squad and couldn't be happier. I also sold BAE to Monaco and Milos Veliojokic to Pool for 5 mil. I was dissapointed, but it was a good deal and with all the CB's here and the ages I just thought he wouldn't get a game. I really like him in RL and I think he could come up big for us.

• 4 weeks later...

Very excited to try and replicate Pochettino's tactics in FM15.

The half-back role seems made for what he has Capoue doing, with CWBs pushing on, and the interchange between the 3 narrow players behind Adebayor will be fun to see on FM.

Is it November yet??

Its weird, but I've ended up signing the players that spurs signed in real life.. Currently in August 2014, after having signed Ben Davies in the first summer window, I've now found myself finalising a deal for Eric Dier! (he seems pretty cheap for a 20 year old English CB)

End of 2013/14 season I finished 5th, just 2 points off 4th placed Everton.

e60234faf67129cd7a8984894e507e6b.png

Signings in first season:

416b9665926e25a8134b2967d7910fa4.png

Finished my first season having qualified for Europa League in 5th, and won the Europa League after beating Atletico Madrid in the final!

Summer of 2014, here is my transfer activity:

8b06666775e62ca6d6b2ad0e71d06c3e.png

My current squad (albeit hit by injury! Ade out for 3 months, and Dzeko out for 5 weeks right before the league kicked off, what luck!)

338bf161b42c052dacf6b27124c38ae9.png

Just finalising the contract for Dier now, pretty messy with the agent ownership as well..

Does anyone know how good Dier develops to?

Same applies for Origi as well?

Does the winner of the Europa League from season 2014/15 qualify for the Champions League like in real life now?

Just finished the 2013/14 season. Lost in the Europa League, but won the FA Cup (beat Man City) and finished 2nd in the BPL, so I qualified for the Champions League next year. Here are the stats from my team this year. They are overall stats, so all competitions...

ScreenShot2014-08-31at70301AM_zps63609cb2.png

Hi all,

I have just finished my 3rd season and have added another 3 trophies to my collection this year... Carling Cup, FA Cup and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! Wahoo! Barcelona came in for me and offered the managers job but found it difficult to leave Tottenham so I declined :)

My team so far...

GK Lloris / Horn

DL Alex Sandro / Danny Rose

DC Balanta / Vertonghen

DC Kaboul / Dier

DR Walker / Dier

CM Kheidera / Michael Bradley

CM Paulinho / Bentaleb

AML Reus / Townsend

AMC Erikson / Isco

AMR Lamela / Lennon

ST Cornelious / Soldado

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I have just finished my 3rd season and have added another 3 trophies to my collection this year... Carling Cup, FA Cup and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! Wahoo! Barcelona came in for me and offered the managers job but found it difficult to leave Tottenham so I declined :)

My team so far...

GK Lloris / Horn

DL Alex Sandro / Danny Rose

DC Balanta / Vertonghen

DC Kaboul / Dier

DR Walker / Dier

CM Kheidera / Michael Bradley

CM Paulinho / Bentaleb

AML Reus / Townsend

AMC Erikson / Isco

AMR Lamela / Lennon

ST Cornelious / Soldado

Is Soldado actually that good? For me he is just a squad player, I've been trying to sell him but his high wages make a move away difficult :(

Is Soldado actually that good? For me he is just a squad player, I've been trying to sell him but his high wages make a move away difficult :(

He actually got top scorer in the EPL for my in the 2016 season. Sadly he was getting to old now so has been replaced but I find him used as an Advanced Forward with to IF's he gets a lot of goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys experienced a takeover yet? I'm in 2018, and have just had an internal transfer embargo sat upon me in the january window. Rather annoying as I had €77 mill to spend and an urge to use at least some of if due to an incredible string of injuries...

Levy told me to be patient while the board negotiates... Can I expect a takeover to be completed, and if so, what impact will that have on my transfer kitty? I don't expect my job to be in the danger zone as I've won the PL 3 out of 4 and the CL twice in that period :-S

• 3 weeks later...
Any news on tottenham 2015 thread? :)

I need a year off from the stresses of managing Tottenham - - so I'm not going to start the Tottenham thread this year (I think you have to be playing as them to start the thread and make it work by talking to people plenty about their saves) so if anyone else wants the honour go right ahead.

Remember to shotgun it here in case anyone else is planning on doing it: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...se-your-thread!

You should also post the link there when you've done it so the moderators can pop that in the official links thread.

Interesting to see that some have sold Vertonghen in FM15 for anything between £10M - £42M. Can't say no to 42 million (although I've not had success in doing so in the beta yet).

He's such a moody ******. And influential on the rest of the squad. 42m would be a right touch.

I started one game which got corrupted and I sold him after he moaned. Got £30m from United for him and bought Musacchio for £11m! 2nd time around I offered him around without transfer listing him and he got moody cuz I did that!!! Cant win! Again still got £30m for him and I bought Balanta instead of Musacchio as he was sent off 3 times in 6 games....... Take it as you will!!! One recommendation already is Josh Murphy from Norwich, will cost you £10 but in 6 games he had 2 goals,6 assists and av. rating of 7.24

Update- 1st game went corrupt which was annoying as unbeaten up to mid October. 2nd save I managed to get £30 + Jones for Vertonghen. Also worth keeping Soldado. So far pre season he has 9 goals in 5 starts against teams like Ipswich,Oldham,FC Twente,Sturm Graz and FC Basel. PLaying as a complete forward with Berahino F9. Also, is anyone doing a FM15 thread for Tottenham?

Yeh United always bid for him on mine. Jones has been quality pre season. Trying 4-1-3-2 but with no wingers and the 3 centre midfielders in front of DMC. Owning teams pre season but means no room for Townsend,Chadli. Got Lamela attempting to play F9 but cover for Berahino

He has good potential! He did OK in AMR inside support before game crashed but Townsend was more effective for me but that's not to say he wasent bad, Townsend was good! Not featuring much for me as injured and I play with no wingers or AMC but I am retraining him as a False 9 and he has played once since injury and scored!

Vertonghen can bring in the cash for you, I got 49 million pounds just by negotiating with Man U. Try and swap and they keep giving you better deals. I think I got about 10 million up front, the rest over 24 months and then also a couple of easy 8 million clauses, internationals and another.

Archived