FM14: Athletic Club - Beti Zurekin

Cedrik

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever thought that maybe it was down to you? :)

Nah, my formation gave me some good results. Almost got us Champions League in my first year. Trequista seemed to be a good position for him but it didn't work out. Muniain, on the other hand, seems to play well in ANY position. My 15 year old regen is getting some good playing time on the wings and he will certainly be a regular in the Europa League this year

What formation is everyone using?

Sup ladies and germs,

For my two seasons I used a 4-1-4-1.

e9a72a6f1c6c7c803f4c93def612ce4e.png

Highly adaptable system in which I attempted to play slow tempo football to suit Aduriz/Sola and their lightening pace. Muniain was instructed to cut inside and dribble more, essentially an IF/S in the WM slot. Achieved back to back 4th place finishes and a Copa Del Rey final appearance.

1018bbcd2a918d2275411589d2f0cba7.png

Now after a few departures (Citeh paid me £30m up front for Muniain and he's basically filled the coveted "Scott Sinclair role") and a few arrivals (Arteta/Monreal/Raul Garcia/Ruffier/Viguera) I attempted to create a new system. Originally tried to play a British style 4-4-2 but we were being overrun too often for my slowing midfield to handle. Eventually now playing a 4-5-1 that's devastating in attack and on the counter and it's giving me consistent results at the expense of being 6th whilst Santa comes down the chimney, but also a date with the glamorous Schalke in the Last 16 of the Champions League.

My 17 year old regen from Real Murica, Juan Francisco Gil, is slowly becoming my first choice Striker, mainly due to lack of competition but he's performed like a hungry youngster should. Age has finally caught up with Aduriz, Kike Sola is Kike Sola and Viguera has been disappointing. David Fernandez is a natural successor to Muniain and has already been making his mark on the first team this season.

2340b84323a945820cd18798b5c836d9.png

677e956be91938a578bcb7b4b22df9c1.png

Second season, finished second, won Europa League after failing to qualify from UCL group. Still no signings for senior squad.

Third season: Signed Inigo Martinez for £28.5m and Olazabal on a free so far, not much else to report. Current squad/tactic:

tac_zpsc726493d.png

My current regens:

Álex - DM/CB signed for £275k from Osasuna

Alberto Garitano - DM/MC from youth academy in 2014

Alberto - ST signed for £325k from Osasuna

Pablo Pérez - LB/WBL signed from Murcia for £1.4m

Mikel Larrainzar - CB from youth academy in 2015

Pablo Zulaika - ST from youth academy in 2014

Some incredible players there, especially Zulaika! How do you train/develop your youths?

Sooo I've progressed another year (in 2020 now).... here's a low down of what's happened!

3 Spanish Cups (2014+2019+2020)

1 League Title (2018)

1 Europa League (2018)

1 Champions League (2019)

1 Club World Championship (2019)

1 UEFA Super Cup (2019)

1 Spanish Super Cup (2020)

nsmt4Vf.png

Here's the tactic I've used for the past number of years. A 4-5-1:

eLa76Y4.png

My squad:

PjMqbzQ.png

Y9mZlSj.png

Facilities (Finally getting a stadium upgrade):

rYp5F94.png

Finances (I take great pride in this!!):

oXYfDWt.png

My wage budget is € 2.1 million + I'm only spending € 1.4 million which means I've € 650,000 as my available wage budget! :)

Here are some of my best players!

Miguel Sedano (CB,DM) (Signed in 2015 for € 11.5 mil from Atletico Madrid) :

ltBqf1Q.png

Ramón Guererro (CB) (Signed in 2014 for € 11. 75 mil from Barcelona):

yMCMVrm.png

Iú Avila (DM+CM) (Signed for € 8.5m mil from Barcelona):

m2ESzdX.png

Jon Ramón (LW+CM) (Signed for € 11.75 mil in 2018 from Barcelona):

iuKDMIc.png

Jorge Razola (RW) (Signed for € 10.75 mil in 2014 from Rayo ''B''):

2DY3X0r.png

José Manuel Castela (ST) (Signed for € 1.1 mil in 2014 from Tenerife ''B''):

ULlW02t.png

Well as you all know, I've tons of money to spend with no one to spend it on.... So I decided to re-purchase Bilbao legend Javi Martinez, despite him being 32. My reason being is that he'll tutor some of my younger players. My squad is extremely young so I don't have many players at the moment who are old enough to be a tutor.

His wage demands were ridiculous ( €250, 000 p/w ) but I upped his bonuses and decreased with minimum release clause so he agreed to reduce his wage demands.

nfvTAPk.png

VSwAgEh.png

He'll stay until 2023 and hopefully he'll retire here at Bilbao.

12 + 6 million in signing bonuses and 150k a week with unreal appearance fees and goal bonuses... I know you have lots of money and nothing to spend it on but is that worth it? xD

There isn't a price I wouldn't pay for his experience! I bumped up his contract so I wouldn't have to pay the € 250 , 000 he was looking for. He won't play much and I doubt he'll score an awful amount or even make team of the year ... :-)

Season three: Won UCL, 2nd in league (2 pts behind Barca). 5th round CdR, lost UEFA Supercup final to Man City.

Season 4 pre-season: Appointed as Spain u23 manager. Won 2016 Olympics. Appointed as Spain senior manager after Pep lost 4-2 in the Euro 2016 2nd round to Russia.

185px-Club_Athletic_Bilbao_logo.svg.png

October 2013 – Athletic Bilbao

La Liga

UlTPeyp.png

We faced Valencia at home, It was even matched between both side, Herrera broken the deadline on 41 minutes with a brilliant strike outside the box to give us the lead going into half time. We doubled our lead through Iker Muniain on 51 minutes with another fantastic strike. Until Laporte made a critical mistake by fouling Valencia's Pacer to give them a penalty on 78th minutes to set up nervy last couple minutes, thankfully we managed to hold on to 3 points.

Another home game against Villarreal, We double our lead to 2-0 up in 6 minutes thanks to Muniain and Guilermo. Muniain double his goal tally by netting another one on 20th minutes to my delight. 60 seconds later, Susaeta fired our 4th goal in to go 4-0. Massively disappointing with our defending, their first goal was long range shot and 2nd goal was from corner, we conceded both goals in 3 minutes period on 40th minutes. 2nd half was totally borefest.

We traveled to face Marcelo Bielsa's Getafe who are currently bottom in the league. I fancied our chances of beating them which the team agreed with me. There was nothing to report apart from free kicks and fouling til 26th minutes, Susaeta's shot hit the post and hit the keeper and went in :D We went in 1 goal to us. Herrera scored a beauty to double our lead to 2-0. Again, our focus seems to have went as we conceded late goal on 87th minutes. Was disappointed as they went down to 9 man on 71st and 76th minutes, which I hoped to see our team taking advantage of it which seems we never did.

We welcome our 3rd home game against Elche, I decided to give debut to Alejandro Larrayoz as he's been performing well for U's 19 with 11 goals in 14 games. Also rested Muniain and played Iba Gomez as his place. We started the game poor, we could have went behind but our goalkeeper kept us in the game. Susaeta strike to give us a winning start, Herrera double it with a strike outside the box to go 2-0 up. 3 minutes late Larrayoz scores on his debut to give us 3-0 lead. 2nd half, we couldn't break them down as they went really defensive on us to stop us scoring. Del Moral's long range shot gave them a life of clawing back for them, Again San Jose made a mistake on 88th minutes to give them a goal to makes it 3-2 to us.

I would do anything to get a clean sheet :(

7MSup98.png

:D

UqMGgL5.png

Thanks to Osasuna's 2-1 win over Barcelona to enable us to go above them to 2nd place. Celta just drew 0-0 with Barcelona which we're opening 3 points gap over them.

We managed to tie down Iker Muniain to new 4 years contract to 2017. Man City was sniffing around him, so I took the chance to sign him to new contract with 53M minimum release clause.

We also sold Óscar de Marcos to Rubin Kazan for 4.7M, will be leaving in January.

I love de Marcos, why did you sell him? He's such a versatile player is invaluable to a team with such transfer restrictions as Bilbao. He's now my first team RB as Iraola has lost some vital physicals and has taken up the "Lahm role" in my midfield.

Larrayoz is also a fine striker, think his stats are random though as his stats (especially dribbling) are much different on my game.

I love de Marcos, why did you sell him? He's such a versatile player is invaluable to a team with such transfer restrictions as Bilbao. He's now my first team RB as Iraola has lost some vital physicals and has taken up the "Lahm role" in my midfield.

Larrayoz is also a fine striker, think his stats are random though as his stats (especially dribbling) are much different on my game.

Bizarre decision to sell De Marcos. Can't remember exactly how much he scored for me in my first season, but it was definitely 20+. I'm afraid to say you'll heavily regret selling him....

I decided to sell him as he yet to start a game for me as Herrera took the AMC spot as his own. As I don't want him to rot on the substitute bench.

November 2013 – Athletic Bilbao

La Liga

IR77HRj.png

We started November with away trip to Atlético Madrid. I was nervous as I thought we'd struggle with Villa and Costa up front for them. Surprisingly We beat them quite comfortably with a brace from Iker Muniain. Atlético was quite poor throughout the game.

We welcome Levante at home, I was disappointed with our team performance, we was below par even Muniain scoring for us in 41th minutes.

We faced Málaga away, We took the lead thanks to Muniain's goal on 16th minutes. We should have doubled our lead after one of their defender made a mistake and let Guilermo in but keeper guessed it right and saved his shot. Roque Santa Cruz equalized for them with a minute left to half time. We could have prevented it but it wasn't to be. We also had another chance from lack of focus from their midfielder but one of our player blazed it over. A draw is fair result. We was 4 points clear of Barca, after this game, Barca won their match and reduced it to a point behind us.

The biggest match of the month! We focused on defensive movements in training and it seems to click for us at the right time. We had injuries to Herrera, Laporte and Iturraspe. Iraola was suspended after double booking against Málaga. Replaced them with De Marcos, Ekzia and Moran respectively. And Balenziaga took Iraola's place with Saborit taking left back position.

I was surprised to see we took the lead in 2 minutes, we had a corner and Ekzia beat Pique to head the ball into the net to go 1-0 up. We defended well despite Barca dominating and came close to scoring against us. Keeper and defence was in good form. 2nd half, Barca were dominating again and came close to score 1 or 2 goals. We counter attacked on 68th minutes which led to the penalty which Susaeta's cross hit Busquets's arm and San José converted to give us 2-0 lead over them. We killed the game off in 77th minutes thanks to Susaeta's strike inside the box to set 3 goals up to us. Unfortunately, Fabregas pulled one back on 80th minutes due to Balenziaga missed the ball. A massive 3 points for us in the end, 4 points clear of Barca!

zmnnD8u.png

Transfers

P9DVaGW.png

We have signed Sebas for 725K. He looks very promising and rated at 4 stars. I will probably send him out on loan to CD Numancia (feeder club)

In one of my saves Bilbao ended up coming 18th, thus getting relegated in the first season! Would be an interesting scenario to try and hold on to all your quality players and get back to the top.

You will have to because of their youth policy. I learn that it is tough to replace whoever you sell unless you have a regen coming through your ranks that can fill in

Transfers

P9DVaGW.png

We have signed Sebas for 725K. He looks very promising and rated at 4 stars. I will probably send him out on loan to CD Numancia (feeder club)

[/center]

You should probably stick him with a tutor that can increase his determination before you loan him out

December 2013 – Athletic Bilbao

La Liga

ti47wB2.png

We face Sevilla away, I would have settled for a draw before the game, We took the lead thanks to Guillermo in 2nd minute, Susaeta was terrorising Sevilla's defence and doubled our lead on 22nd minutes. Guillermo bagged a brace on 49th minutes with a strike inside the box. Mikel Rico with a great strike outside the box to go 4-0 up.

We faced Rayo who are 19th in the table. Iker Muniain and Guillermo bagged a brace each which was pleasing.

Cope Del Rey

iU0pZF5.png

We was drawn against Hercules in 4th Round. First leg was fairly matched and we was the better side and just couldn't get the ball in the net. Second leg - We was far the better side and we could have went 1-0 up on 16th minutes after we got penalty awarded which their keeper saved Mikel José's penalty. It wasn't until 52 minutes when we had another penalty which Iraola stepped up and scored to give us the lead. 10 minutes later, Muniain doubled our lead with a cracking strike. Herrera killed the game off with a brilliant free kick on 79th minutes.

We drawn to Sevilla away in next round.

ktUfR45.png

Amazing! We are now 2 points behind Real Madrid! They drew to Valencia before our match against Rayo.

4QsiKBh.png

Madrid just won 5-0 and go back into first position. First time since we won the title in 2018 that we're actually challenging again. Chopping and changes my tactics so that may explain why we're doing so well I think. Also through to our 3rd consecutive Spanish Cup final. We're going for 3 in a row. Probably playing Barcelona. Also beat Celtic 4-1 in the CL first knock-out stage in Scotland. We're flying it lately - at one stage we'd won 15 games in a row in all competitions, until we drew 4-4 in Spanish Cup quarter final with Atlético.

Been thinking about starting a Bilbao save lately(possibly on Vita, when my copy arrives), but I have a question about scouting.

Basically, what's the deal? Just have a scout in Spain, have one one each of the divisions, is there a way to specifically scout the basque area of France?

Beat Bareclona in the Spanish Cup final 2-0 and beat Man United (at Old Trafford) 3-0 in the CL final. Finished 2nd in the league , 10 points off runaway leaders Real madrid. Feirro scored 37 league goals for them!

Selling Raúl Lasa (regen, 23 yrs old) to Juve for € 47.5 mil (release clause). An offer I couldn't refuse! May ship Muniain as well (28 yrs old).

Finished fourth in my first season, coupled with a runners up medal in the Copa del Rey after we fell apart when Balenziaga brought Messi down as last man inside the box in the second half at 0-0. Brought in Raul Garcia for £3.3 million as my only senior squad signing as well as seven young regens. Got a decent youth intake as well, Barcelona and Real Madrid sniffing round a couple and were in a bidding war that reached £6.5 million for one striker before they gave up.

Had a poor start in the league, was 2-0 down at home to Osasuna (who finished third last year...) but scraped a point with a late debut goal from Raul Garcia, then followed that up with another 2-2 draw at home to Getafe after Laporte was sent off. Balenziaga got a brace and then the game decided to let him take a vital penalty at 2-1 up, missed and they score minutes later. Finally got my first win coming from behind to snatch a 3-2 win again at home to Mallorca with three second half goals from Garcia, de Marcos and Herrera. Followed that up with my best league result of the season as we put five past Zaragoza away from home in an easy win with a clean sheet (!!!!), Herrera got one & Garcia and Muniain each got a brace.

Got a good draw in the Champions League qualifiers against Nordsjaelland, winning 5-0 at home and 4-0 away. Horror draw in the group stages though with Bayern, Man City and Ferencvaros. But then this happened in the first game

2lm55rc.jpg

Wouldn't be massively bothered if I got knocked out as I think I'd have a decent chance of winning the Europa but certainly in a decent position to go through now if I can beat Ferencvaros twice and scrape another couple of points from the other two.

Really enjoying this save, first one on 14.

Got a good draw in the Champions League qualifiers against Nordsjaelland, winning 5-0 at home and 4-0 away. Horror draw in the group stages though with Bayern, Man City and Ferencvaros.
I also finished 4th in my first season, and my draw was probably even tougher :p, first qualifiers against OM (bit of a boggy team for me), could very well have gone out then and there, but a somewhat lucky 1-0 win in the away leg was enough......then I drew PSG, Bayern and Besiktas, and yet somehow managed to scrap my way through that group, thought sadly I could not win the group as Ibra scored a late goal to make the final match end 3-3 after I had clawed my way back into the game after being 2-0 down

Been thinking about starting a Bilbao save lately(possibly on Vita, when my copy arrives), but I have a question about scouting.

Basically, what's the deal? Just have a scout in Spain, have one one each of the divisions, is there a way to specifically scout the basque area of France?

I would send scouts to Central Europe :thup: Like my scouts are scouting around Europe and picking up good players.

Beat Bareclona in the Spanish Cup final 2-0 and beat Man United (at Old Trafford) 3-0 in the CL final. Finished 2nd in the league , 10 points off runaway leaders Real madrid. Feirro scored 37 league goals for them!

Selling Raúl Lasa (regen, 23 yrs old) to Juve for € 47.5 mil (release clause). An offer I couldn't refuse! May ship Muniain as well (28 yrs old).

Congrats on winning the Spanish Cup and Champions League :cool:

Screenshot of Lasa?

Bet the club finances is sky high :D

I would send scouts to Central Europe :thup: Like my scouts are scouting around Europe and picking up good players.

That's what I have done, a scout in Central Europe, on watching the league, and one the cup.

10 games in, and I'm a point ahead of Real & Barca. I doubt I'll hold there for the full season though!

Picked up 3 youths and sent them to the B team, midfielder Sebas, striker Matías(PPA seems to be dropping, sigh), and a centre back named Jorge Meré, he began at 4.5 PPA, and has jumped to 5. Looks like he could make it in my team in a few years.

Congrats on winning the Spanish Cup and Champions League :cool:

Screenshot of Lasa?

Bet the club finances is sky high :D

Thanks! Started the new season with 3 wins from 3 in the league, also beating Real Madrid 4-1 @ home. Lost to them in the Spanish Super Cup (played young team) and beat At. Madrid in the Euro Super Cup 3-0

Lasa - uZubpVO.png

Tbh kinda wishing i didn't sell him. BUT. His replacement has amazing potential and it was a ton load of money to reject for someone who didn't exactly set the world alight. I think I grow too fond of my players ha.

Here are my finances , € 349 million in the bank! $$$$

fyVDfiD.png

Stadium has been expended to around 66 , 000 as well so we're gonna make a fortune from ticket sales. Already made € 10 , 000 , 000 (in September) compared to € 32 , 000 , 000 million for the whole of last season. $$$

Archived