FM14 TACTIC - "THE FULCRUM" - Back to Back Promotions + Cup Win

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im trying another tactic at the mo (keeping your for my whitehawk games) and have discovered with the new update gett stuck in does not greatly change the number of cards you get..... whereas stay on feet tends to let the opposition run you around the park.

'get stuck in' was never in the tactic. Hassle opponents is.

'stay on feet' has stopped the cards. Results are good but I only see it as a temp fix until they fix the ME in relation to red cards.

Welcome back by the way!

I promised myself I would start a new game in full sim mode on 14.1.4 and this is how things stand using Fulcrum v4 with the mighty Daggers (top of the league at the moment)!

7b0KM3Hl.png

Things I have noticed with the new ME:

-Goalies charging out to the touchline to make clearances, kicking the ball to the opposition who duly slot it in the back of the empty net

-Lots of efforts hitting the woodwork

-Lots of lobbed goals

-A much more fluid watching experience - almost like real football!

Anyone else notice anything different?

A summary and highlights of my first full season in full sim mode (14.1.4)with Dagenham and Redbridge using v4:

The transfers:

JJFgZDHt.png

Winning the league with 5 games to go!

HTIgrnht.png

The final standings:

5z6sirft.png

Player ratings at the end of this season:

y4GLDirt.png

This used to happen to me a lot in 14.1.3 - its nice when it works in your favour!

2FaeHNit.png

An 18 game unbeaten run!

pyBCjFlt.png

The boys really did do very well. But they werent the heroes of this season. Mr U's Fulcrum was the real hero! Its worth noting that I gave no team talks at all during this season. Not one. And not a single chat with any player - other than from those that requested chats themselves. If you want a plug and play tactic and take the time to put the right players in the right positions then you cant go wrong with this tactic! Great work Mr U and the sooner you get back online and playing the better :)

Great results there.

111 league points is monstrous.

Rest assured I'm working on the next/final? Version.

Taking the tactic to it's natural conclusion by improving the attacking play.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback.

So here ı am testing V4 with the update and my Balcova Belediyespor, expected to be relegated are top of the table with 26 pts from 11 games and in the third round of the cup at home against Superleague Kasımpasa and after 30 mins Im 1-0 up and then possibly the most bizarre 2.5 games happens. Kasimpasa run out 5-1 winners (not total surprise). then three days later Im playing second placed Haccetepe at home... and they win 6-0!!!! they had 12 shots to my 7. So after a week of soul searching we back up home against 5th placed Evrensekispor and we race into a 3-0 lead and all is right with the world.... except in the middle of the second half they score two quick goals and my defence goes awol for the third time in three games. Thankfully the forward line pulled it up and we won 4-2 but quite a disturbing turn around of my defences skills there... tactic weakness or just blind fate?

So here ı am testing V4 with the update and my Balcova Belediyespor, expected to be relegated are top of the table with 26 pts from 11 games and in the third round of the cup at home against Superleague Kasımpasa and after 30 mins Im 1-0 up and then possibly the most bizarre 2.5 games happens. Kasimpasa run out 5-1 winners (not total surprise). then three days later Im playing second placed Haccetepe at home... and they win 6-0!!!! they had 12 shots to my 7. So after a week of soul searching we back up home against 5th placed Evrensekispor and we race into a 3-0 lead and all is right with the world.... except in the middle of the second half they score two quick goals and my defence goes awol for the third time in three games. Thankfully the forward line pulled it up and we won 4-2 but quite a disturbing turn around of my defences skills there... tactic weakness or just blind fate?

Quite simply you just played 3 teams with much better players than you at the moment.

And you beat one of them.

When better players/teams 'turn it on' you will be vulnerable as you can't match them man for man. Tactics can only do so much.

You also need to take a long term view. What is your objective for the season? Are you on track?

As a team tipped for relegation you can expect the odd hammering against the bigger teams,

See where you are at the end of the season.

Quite simply you just played 3 teams with much better players than you at the moment.

And you beat one of them.

When better players/teams 'turn it on' you will be vulnerable as you can't match them man for man. Tactics can only do so much.

You also need to take a long term view. What is your objective for the season? Are you on track?

As a team tipped for relegation you can expect the odd hammering against the bigger teams,

See where you are at the end of the season.

I wish it were that simple...... I had rebuilt the team with loans etc and although tipped for relegation in comparison charts we are in the top 10 in everything now so not that bad..... I dont think it IS the tactic but Ive never been beaten 6-0 in 20 years of playing this game at home by a team in the same division and this was also the fourth time this season that a 2-0 was wiped out.

Worth mentioning I thought just to consider but I have analysed the matches and I just think the game had one of those moments when the cards get stacked against you.

Im pretty sure well go up but not many teams lose 6-0 at home and still get promoted do they ;)

V4 has definitely moved to a new level since the update patch. 15 match unbeated run most of which using the new patch. The through balls by the CM/F9 to to my CF are a thing of beauty! Also the attacking runs beyond the back line by the FBs are awesome as well. Defence definitely a lot tighter now too.

Uwe if you're making further improvements to V4 then its gonna be mind-blowing cos the football being played currently is pretty impressive as it is!

I wish it were that simple...... I had rebuilt the team with loans etc and although tipped for relegation in comparison charts we are in the top 10 in everything now so not that bad..... I dont think it IS the tactic but Ive never been beaten 6-0 in 20 years of playing this game at home by a team in the same division and this was also the fourth time this season that a 2-0 was wiped out.

Worth mentioning I thought just to consider but I have analysed the matches and I just think the game had one of those moments when the cards get stacked against you.

Im pretty sure well go up but not many teams lose 6-0 at home and still get promoted do they ;)

Sounds like your team needs time to gel with all those new loans. Look at Man City Tottenham last week. How many new players did Tottenham sign!

You ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm putting the finishing touches to a final version of the fulcrum (codename MiG - 29).

I am literally ripping the heart out of teams, straight through the middle of them.

VERY intricate football, thru ball after thru ball after thru ball.

No one can live with it at the moment.

Some fresh/killer ideas in this one.

I'm putting the finishing touches to a final version of the fulcrum (codename MiG - 29).

I am literally ripping the heart out of teams, straight through the middle of them.

Is it wrong that I am more excited about this than I am about xmas??!

Great stuff when can we expect the release??

Looking forward to it - Have tried several things with my Blackpool team. f.x. an AMC and a more direkt approach.... Whats your take on that

I'm sure it could work but not the route I've gone down for the new tactic.

Its pretty much status quo at the moment. I have also tried to push the FB's up to wing backs, without succes. Still believe the new patch has made the game a bit harder. I love your tactic, but my problem is im not scoring enough. My attackers are decent in both finishing and long shots. So im clueless what happened since last patch in that regard.

Hi Mr U Rosler, a quick update from my icelandic game... 2nd season and I win League Cup & Premier League (predicted as 11th of 12 teams, something like 41:1 at the beginning of the season... hope someone bet on me "here" in Selfoss :D ).

V2 is always on top for me, the couple poacher/F9 is working fine and midfielders scored a lot (and my fullbacks aren't so technically solid, I can only imagine what it could be if they learned to use their feet for decent crosses and not only to run up and down the flanks).

But sure, reading your words "I am literally ripping the heart out of teams, straight through the middle of them" is music for my ears... So welcome to MiG 29 :D

thanks for taking the time to do this, rosler, much appreciated. i took over oxford in november, bottom of the league, and managed to get the last playoff place. lost in the semi unfortunately but won eight in a row and went on a 16 match unbeaten run! this was however on patch 4.1.3

i'm going to start a new game with your new tactic on the new patch - looking forward to it! have you changed the formation at all? or is mainly playing instructions and player roles, etc?

New tactic still going great.

Will try and get it up on here tomorrow for an early look before starting a new thread with detailed player descriptions, training guidelines, recruitment strategies, hints & tips etc.

Good to hear Mr U will you be putting it up in here before making a new thread so us experienced with it can get down to using it before you make the epic thread?

Yeah, that's the plan.

You should be able to switch to it mid season as it will remain about 90% fluid and be fully fluid in 4/5 matches.

I might even be able to get it up here tonight.

Yeah, that's the plan.

You should be able to switch to it mid season as it will remain about 90% fluid and be fully fluid in 4/5 matches.

I might even be able to get it up here tonight.

That would be amazing! but only if it's ready:D I'm waiting for it to continue my save, have you tested it in lower leagues also?

That would be amazing! but only if it's ready:D I'm waiting for it to continue my save, have you tested it in lower leagues also?

No time to test in lower league's.

However I'll be starting my Stockport save again in Skrill North using this tactic.

With the right recruitment priorities I would expect you to rip apart the lower leagues. Especially if they have fixed the reputation system.

No time to test in lower league's.

However I'll be starting my Stockport save again in Skrill North using this tactic.

With the right recruitment priorities I would expect you to rip apart the lower leagues. Especially if they have fixed the reputation system.

Ok good to hear i'm currently in the Northern Irish premier. Thanks for the effort with this tactic looking forward to the release.

Sounds good Mr. U ! Your current version helped me getting promoted to french L1 and winning the L2 (switched to yours in the middle of the season after a slump, with a team expected to finished 14th).

Looking forward to see if your new tactic can actually help em reach the top of L1 !

Thanks for your work

Archived