Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

Here is my New tactic for FM12.2. formation is a 4-1-2-2-1 with advanced wingers and a lone striker.

When i was making this tactic i had various problems with defence and the DM position. What i found was that the DM was going to high in his position when all i want him to do is sit in front of the back 4 and protect that area just in front. What he was doing was venturing too far forward and leaving a big space in between the midfield and defence.

I mainly seen the problems when the opposition plays with an AMC. I found that the AMC had loads of space and my central defenders where closing him down as opposed to the DM closing him down which was not good as then the central defenders stepped up to close the AMC the lone opposition ST had loads and loads of space and i was getting killed by through balls.

I managed to fix that though and he now protects the defence how i want him too now.

I have found playing a high defensive line with no tight marking the best too go on this patch, What tended to happen when i was playing tight marking was that my defenders where getting too close to the opposition and they where just getting out ran all the time. With no tight marking and a high Defence line the opposition will still look for the long ball but because my defence is a few yards off the opposition ST it gives the defender time to get the ball and recycle possession to my team. Great tactic.

I like the play of the tactic and this particular formation is pleasing on watch, Great attacking because it's hard for the Opposition defenders to pick up the 1 attacker so i find that he has alot of space, If you are using a great striker i can imagine it being devastating and goal records will be rewritten.

The way the Striker plays is very clever in my opinion, He plays like a target man and an advanced ST all in one. Target man Receiving the ball early and laying off to the supporting midfielders or playing it wide to the wingers to advance onto goal. Advanced forward looking to break the offside trap and running at goal.

The 3 midfielders are key to the tactic though. The DM has to be a DM. That is important to the tactic. The CM's on the other hand can be attacking defensive or a mixture of both. I suppose it depends on your team and how you want to play.

Although the wingers play more like inside forwards you can use natural out and out wingers there, I played Bale in my tottenham test and he scored 15 goals in 15 games and also had 15 assists so again it depends what you have on your side and who you want to bring into that position.

Fullbacks are also key, They support the wingers and you will find alot that if the wingers run out of space they will often pass the ball back to the fullbacks who are approaching the 30 yard mark, This is a good and bad thing, Good for support but bad for the opposition counter, Try and get pace in these areas Pace and Positioning is KEY here.

All in all though i am very happy with this tactic. It is my first on the new patch and although i think this is good i am hoping my next one is better.

As always feel free to comment and leave any remarks about the tactic you like.

Have Fun.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21478118/Cena+Vs+The+Rock+-+Cena+Wins%21%21%21+WM28+-+Mr+Hough+FM12.2.tac

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/26538147/file.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4ozsst

Match Information.

Match Prep has been set to Defensive Positioning with the Workload being Average - You can change this however i prefer it to be Defensive.

Maximum Pitch Size.

Team Talks - Use whatever you feel work the best for you.

Training again same as team talks Use the best that you have found for you.

No Opposition Instructions.

if you get a man sent off take off one of the outer strikers to replace him

Remember that al tactics need a period of 3-4 games for the players to gel, This one is no different, I would suggest about 10 games for a proper evaluation of the tactic

************************************************************************************

19/4/2012 NEW TACTIC UPDATE

Here is my new tactic it's a 4-1-1-2-2 tactic and Use all the same information as above.

Make sure DM is a DM and not a daft playmaker. CM position can be attacking defensive or neutral depending on how tight you want your defence.

Defensive Positioning is a MUST this needs to be on Match Prep.

Thats about it really.

I will be playing with this tactic for a while and if i come across any tweaks that i find better i'll update.

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/20369923/file.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q30yc5

Enjoy

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up Mr Hough just started my second season with cambridge (1st season play final defeat) recruited fairly well i think and so far with your tactic P5 W4 D1 L0 F13 A1 very happy so far, only two downsides struggling to get decent rating from centre mids but i find its hard to get decent ratings for them in most tactics and also my players are getting tired but this is usually the case with your tactics but rotated my squad in that 5 game period and i still have a very good record. Looking good!

I have added some more tactic links to the OP for people who had trouble with Filefront.

I will add Filters and Screen shots of my tests tomorrow.

I'm glad the tactic has been received well. I still think i can make a better one and will be starting work on my next tactic early next week.

Going to try this with Bolton my good man, any suggestions especially when playing away to the big teams?? Please :confused:

I haven't had that much trouble playing the big sides. The big teams tend to play a long ball system looking for the ST too latch on and run at goal. I have countered this by not using Tight Marking on the Defence, As long as you have decent Pace Acceleration and Positioning, Around 14 for Prem Sides you should be alright.

When playing Man City they play a 4-2-3-1 formation with the Lone Striker moving into the Channels, Very much like my tactic here, You need to have good Pace in fullbacks so that when the ST moves into channels the fullbacks can catch him when the opposition try and counter.

I have covered all this in the OP though.

Other than that your good to go.

if you get a man sent off take off one of the outer strikers to replace him

Do you mean one of the wingers here? You only use 1 striker.

And, how have you been doing against teams with good wingers? Like Messi and Ronaldo for example.

yes wonderfuul!!!

with sochaux in ligue 1 i'm first after half season without transfers.

only 2 matches lost agianst OM and PSG away 1-0

only one question Dave....

which striker i have to take off if one of my player sent off?

i prefer to take off the central striker, isn't right?

thank's a lot

Not so bad! I've some fluctuating results... My formation is Viviano, Kvekveshviri, Polenta, Benedetti, Muniesa, Vanden Borre, Verratti, Fossati, Kakuta, Soddimo, Sanogo (Fierro, Sigborsson). My defence need some new and more strong guys :D

PESCARA - atalanta (H) 3 - 3

PESCARA - borussia dortmund (H) 5 - 2 Champions League

vicenza - PESCARA (A) 1 - 4

PESCARA - lazio (H) 2 - 0

real madrid - PESCARA (A) 2 - 1 Champions League

sampdoria - PESCARA (A) 4 - 3

PESCARA - inter (H) 2 -2

padova - PESCARA (A) 2 - 4

PESCARA - udinese (H) 4 - 3

Quick update... Just played a match

PESCARA - sampdoria (H) 3 - 1 Italian Cup

So far 10 matches played: 6 wins 2 draws 2 losts; goals scored 31 goals against 20; top goal scorer Carlos Fierro 17 goals

Alvios

This formation works great with my Metalurh Donetsk team. I've made a few good additions over the years, including the likes of Necid and Stocker, so it's not the default squad but I haven't yet won the Ukrainian league or competed in the CL. But I turned to this formation a couple of games before a CL qualifier against Porto and managed to get a 0-0 draw away from home and a 3-1 victory at home against the Portuguese side. Defensively this is the soundest tactic I have used on this game, there are still a couple of times where through balls are an issue but they don't often end up in goals - whether this is a coincidence though, I'm unsure. It feels a lot less volatile and controlled than many other tactics out there at the moment. Excellent work.

Thanks Mr Hough, your tactic just saved me!

Playing on Brazilian Serie C, needed 2 wins on the last 2 matches to promotion, all bets against me, the others teams were favorites...

First game, a amazing 5-1! Very impressive! And so, 3-1 on the second match!

Just can't wait to see how my team will play on the next season, on Serie B and Brazilian National Cup!

By the way, You guys should not make a comment about the tactic if it's not jelled in your team yet.

Give it some time.

& ALSO, Your team talks, pre match training and opposition instructions will make a difference too.

I mean look at mine... I am barely receiving any.

I am using team talks

Opp. Instructions

And pre match stuff too.

Hey Dave, wanted to give you props for great tactic. Using Porto, I managed to win Super Cup (vs Barça), ZON Liga Sagres, both Portuguese Cups, and the Champions. Beat Barça 6-5 on aggregate and then Man Utd 3-2.

I did my own little tweaks to suit the team, nothing of huge importance. Here are some screenshots :)

Notable wins are marked as red.

DUXuV.jpg

ztvpD.jpg