One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

It says we were receiving around about £1.56 million for TV rights.Seems quite a lot for this level but out of my first ten games this season,we are on TV for seven of them!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - September - 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-43.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

We fully deserved the victories against Peurtollano in the league and Eibar in the cup as they were both reduced to ten men and we took full advantage of that fact and it also sees us win a game in the Copa del Rey which is an improvement on last season.The game against Racing can only be described as a hit and run!We fought bravely against Tenerife as we lost 4-3 in an exciting game which saw Sola get another hat-trick even though he did that,the opposition saw one of their players get all four!Ended the month with a trip to recently relegated Osasuna,we lost 1-0 but this could have been a lot worse then it actually was.

Twelve points down,thirty six to go to make sure we survive.We are in this position due to Iker Sola who has been on fire this season,his seven appearances have seen him score ten goals,he only needs three more to beat his record last season and we've only just hit October!Need to get results in the home games as I'm not too confident with the away games just yet but we are making strides,I'm more confident of survival now then I was two months ago!

Scarman - Thanks :D Will try my best even thought it will be difficult.

Flamers - I probably do seeing as we have practically been on TV every other week.Must be a local channel like S4C that doesn't have great viewing figures!

cerud - Thanks :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - October 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-44.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

A pretty solid month which saw us pick up 8 points and go unbeaten in the league but crash out of the cup.Started the month with a win over struggling Villarreal "B" with MAR getting his first of the season.Lost to Almeria in the cup which was a bit gutting as I found out they drew Athletic Bilbao in the next round!We returned to winning ways in the game against Murica as the partnership of Goni and Sola provided victory.The month ended with two 2-2 draws against Barcelona "B" and Almeria which were both away from home which is quite encouraging for us.Iker Sola has already got 13 goals up to this point which matches the number he scored last season.

November will be an extremely tough month for us as we have to face the high flying trio of Valladolid,Numancia and Getafe.Right now I'll settle for four points from five games and I don't care how I get them but we are thirteen points above the relegation and I can't say I expected to be that far off after ten games,I was expecting four or five above it.I still need another 28 points to ensure survival and we have 32 games to get it in which equates to 0.875 points a game!

Thanks Mate :D He (Sola!) is up to 14 after two games in November so he has 14 in 14 so far which has already surpassed last season so he still going,if he keeps going at this rate then he could possibly break Goni's record of 23 goals!

In other news,Ricardo Santamaria has become the first C.D. Vitoria player to be called up to Spain u19's so finally some recognition for our youngsters!

JackJCFC - Thanks mate :D

Coentrao - Doubtful that will happen but give I reckon I can get it in three or so seasons :p

Tactic Master - We can all live on hope but I'm not convinced we can get it this season but that doesn't mean I won't try :D Thanks!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - November 2015

League Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-45.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-3.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was an unusual month for us,1 points gained at home,6 gained away.We didn't turn up for the game against Valladolid,in which the only real highlight from that match for us was Sola scoring.We held out to claim a valuable point against Numancia which was the case of the under achievers vs the over achievers.The game against Leganes was an impressive comeback as we were 2-1 down after 60 minutes but two goals in six minutes saw us claim a priceless victory.The Getafe game had a miracle which was us scoring twice as they had too much quality for us to handle and showed why they were the leaders.The last game of the month saw a very impressive victory over Xerez in which I don't understand how we won that convincingly and how they are doing so badly with some of the quality players at their disposal.

December sees us play three games against high flying Las Palmas and mid table sides Rayo and Recreativo so I will be happy to take anything out of those games.Iker Sola is still knocking them in as he is now up to 17 for the season in which 13 have been in the league which makes him the league's top scorer.Goni has 9 in 17 which all of his goals have been in the league so these two have been pretty sensational for us and I hope that can continue.

I've have finished December but it will be up later.In short,Iker Sola is now up to 20 goals in 20 games and Unai Gurrutxaga has already broke the Liga Adelante record for assists as he just got his 16th of the season!

I think my AML has helped quite alot as he has 16 assists and Sola plays on the left of my striking pair.Sola will more then likely become the clubs vice captain in the future as Angel Diez will be club captain till the day he leaves.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - December 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-46.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-4.png

Manager's Thoughts

Only the three games in December before the Christmas break,we were overpowered by the much higher quality of Las Palmas.3-1 actually flattered us more then them as they could have easily scored seven or eight.The game against Recreativo was a very even game which could have gone either way,thankfully better finishing saw it go our way as we claimed a valuable three points.The game against Rayo was nothing more then a heroic performance of the defence's half,we a goal down and Bodipo was sent off in injury time in the first half.Second half starts and we immediately equalized with Sola scoring his 20th of the season,we then managed to hang on to claim a valuable point.

January sees four more games which will put us just over the half way mark,my aim was for 48 points for survival which is still my primary objective but as it stands we only need 17 points from 24 games.Barring any injuries,I'd be happy with two or three points as that will help keep us ticking over as I'm not expecting us to carry on this sort of form.

Thanks :D I never really expected to be this close to the playoffs but given we have an average age of 18 years old will give us a few years to become better players and then fight for promotion.

I am definitely on edge about promotion,if I get it then I get and will fight tooth and nail to survive,if I don't get it then it will be a case of pick myself up and carry on.I do feel if we did somehow manage it then we would most definitely be the whipping boys in top flight :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - January 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-47.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-5.png

Manager's Thoughts

We battle throughout January and came out with five points which was a good showing.A disappointing draw against Elche saw us throw a 3-1 lead and only walk out with a point,a late equalizer from Gorka Bengoetxea saw us claim a point at home against Sabadell.The 4-1 victory against Eibar,I don't know what to say,we were outshot 16-6 and they had a better possession (59-41) yet we are the ones who walked out with three points!The game against Albacete was disastrous,only we could go to a team who had not got anything in eight games and lose so it was a day to forget.

Iker Sola got another two goals which takes his tally up to 21 goals in 22 appearances but there is a worry about his performances,they have been that good that Athletic Bilbao have been sniffing around as they want him to be a long term replacement Fernando Llorente but Sola only has a buyout clause of £1.1 million so hopefully they won't bid that high for him so I can keep rejecting the offers.

Skimmed through your progress here, quite remarkable to be on the brink of promotion to the top tier so early under the give youth a chance rules. But I think the quality of your youths has helped immensely, that Iker Sola guy is brilliant. I think a 1.1M clause won't be enough to put the AI clubs away from him...

noikeee - It has been quite shocking as even I didn't think we get promoted from Segunda Division B so quickly.The youths have come in better then the majority of senior players and that combined with instant first team experience has helped them develop.So far,there is only Athletic interested in him from higher divisions as well as a host of Segunda Division B teams.

Tactic Master - Thanks :D Anything is possible but I'm not sure as there are only five teams including us fighting for the last two playoff spots but hopefully we can do it.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - February 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-2-4.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-6.png

Manager's Thoughts

Only the three games in February due to our match against Racing being postponed twice due to waterlogged pitch and then International call ups.In a surprising twist,we were actually better then the opposition team and fully deserved the win against Gimnastic and that is something that hasn't happened too often this season.The game against can be described as mediocre,wasn't really exciting as both teams rather give the ball to each other,luckily we had our shooting boots on as this claimed a vital three points against Peurtollano.The stats don't normally lie and what it says about our result against Tenerife is that we were extremely lucky to walk out with a point from that game.

We are one point off a playoff spot as we head into March,we do have a busy March as we have six games to play.The six games in clude,the two of the three bottom teams,a mid table side and three of the top five so I won't be holding my breath too much as March will probably make or break our season.The best thing about March will be coming up soon and that is a look at the next crop of youth candidates in which we now have good Junior Coaching as well as Basic youth facilities which is much better then when we first started.

Great career! Really enjoyed reading it. You shouldn't be scared of promotion, even if you go back to Liga Adelante, the finances will be improved and you'll be able to invest in youth coaching. Wish you luck! And just one advice, for me at least it will be more interesting if you post all of your 11 titular players at the end of the season.

Great movement so far. Playoffs is a real possibility and would a nice achievement. Even if you don't get promoted, Proto is right, next year will be great for growth and financial advancement.

Proto Tarkula - Thanks :D With what you just said,it does make sense to go for promotion an not be scared.I actually like the idea of showing my regular 11 players so I will start it at the end of this season.

arinceo - Thanks fella,not too far off next the youth candidate day so we will see what we get.I'm hoping for a DR and a decent backup for GK but think I'll take anything at the moment.

Cerud - Thanks :D It is a possibility but we will need to play to our fullest as I know we could get promotion,as for next season I don't care what division I'm in as I will give it my best shot in whatever situation we are in.

SRL88 - I honestly thought we blew it as we have had a poor March but other teams around us have done the same so we are still in with a shout.

We've dropped off the pace while going for 5th so 6th looks best bet.The only problem is that between 6th and 12th place,there are only 6 points separating the side,we are in 7th one point behind 6th!

Youth Candidate Day

Welcome to C.D. Vitoria's 5th annual Youth Candidate Day,this year we have our first ever foreigner to come through and is the leading star of the team.

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-4.png

The star of the show,hailing from Strassen,Luxembourg....Daniel Reuter!

DanielReuterOverview_Profile.png

Introducing my Assistants pick of the candidates,hailing from Vitoria,Spain.....Unai Zurro

UnaiZurroOverview_Profile.png

Overview

I am signalling these two out as they are the best of the best in the Youth Candidate squad.Reuter has the potential to be a good La Liga player while Zurro has the potential to be a leading La Liga Player so these are definitely the best picks.Although Lekue,Valencia and Azpiroz have high potential,according to my ass man,there potential is limited to Liga Adelante.I feel they have been regarded at 5* and 3.5* PA due to our expectation of fighting relegation while Reuter and Zurro will far surpass them.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - March 2016

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-50.png

League Table

LigaAdelanteOverview_Stages-7.png

Manager's Thoughts

I'll keep the first two games of the month short and sweet.....Terrible and we didn't even deserve to score!Bodipo was the hero in the game against Villarreal "B" as his double secured victory in a tight affair.Iker Sola doesn't like being overshadowed so he decided to get a brace against a better "B" team as he knocked in two against Barcelona "B" in a frantic 2-2 draw.The game against Murica could have gone either way but I think a draw was the fair result as both teams didn't really deserve to leave.LAst game of March saw us take on 5th place Almeria,we made them battle and in the end,it was our superior finishing which won us the game as we scored 3 from 4 on target.

Valladolid are in the final playoff spot of 6th place,one point ahead of us.The first game of April is a home game against.....Valladolid,I could not have asked for a more intense start to the month!I probably have the worst run in with eleven games to go as we face three of the top 6 and five of the top 9.I think this is officially squeaky bum time!

Archived