B.W.G

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - October 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-24.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

I was hoping for six points at most,came away with five which I think is respectable.Lost to Sesato 1-0 but that could have been a lot heavier then what it actually was.Drew with Terrassa and Lleida,finishing let us down against Terrassa whereas we were lucky to walkout with a point against Lleida.It was a tough game against Bilbao Athletic has they had strung a couple of wins together which has increased their morale but the sole goal from Lekumberri gave us three points to leave me satisfied.

November seems to be an easier month compared to the last couple,we face Osasuna "B",Real Union,Tudelano and Gernika.So that is two teams fighting relegation and two in the top half of the table,I feel wins against Osasuna "B" and Gernika are vital as that will help us fight off relegation as they are rivals in our battle against the drop.At this moment in time,we are actually two points better off then last season but I can't afford to get complacent as we have been rather lucky so far but with the so called easier teams coming up,I hope we can rack up a few wins before we probably have a slump against the bigger teams.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - November 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-25.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Frustrating to say the least,four draws and a loss in a competition I didn't even think I was in!With the Osasuna "B" game,we were 3-0 down in 41 minutes so I am very impressed with the comeback in that match.As for the other three games,they were even,if our finishing was better then we could have won them which could have put us a lot clearer from the relegation then what we actually are.As for the cup game,At.Baleares are one of the high flyers in Segunda B3 so to keep it to 1-0 is a bit of encouragement as the next game is at ours so maybe just maybe,we can sneak through plus it is also vital income for the club.

For next month,we have two teams in the relegation zone and a mid-table side as well as a top side.We need to pick up wins,this is nothing short of vital.We're unbeaten in 7 in the league but at the same time we have not won for five games!As for the cup game,I would like to win it but I am not too bothered as I haven't got a strong enough squad yet to compete on both fronts so if I do get something then it will be considered as a bonus.

It's been a weird month so far,lost the first match in December.I then decided to strip Aguirre of captaincy as I've had enough of his poor performances,replace him with Diez we then draw our next match in the league but we also knocked out Baleares out of the cup!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - December 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-2-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

A much better month overall then the previous month,the match against Logrones,all I can say is that we were totally hopeless all over the pitch.From that point I appointed Angel Diez has captain,we drew the next game with Carlos Goni getting a late equalizer in what was an even game.We actually won in our first ever cup tie even if it was on penalties so that will bring in some extra income with having another home game.Another draw this time against Badalona,we were unlucky not to have won but Carlos Goni got another.To end the month,Goni got another two against Llagostera to claim our first victory in the league since October 27th!Carlos Goni has now scored six in 19 appearances so it has been a good start for the 16 year old.

The mysterious case of this month has to go to my chairman,I know he has money hiding somewhere has he put £26k into the coffers twice then put in another £250k to clear the rest of the debt.....so Mr Chairman,where the hell is the money to invest in facilities???

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - January 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-26.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-3.png

Manager's Thoughts

Our games against Eibar and Pena Sport were originally postponed due to waterlogged pitch,so our first game of the month was against Mirandes in the RFEF Cup,Lekumberri was the star of the show as we stole a victory from them to claim a priceless win.A priceless win against relegation "Zaragoza B" saw two youngsters in Goni and Alastuey claim the goals to give us three points.We lost against Hospitalet in a tight affair to suffer our first defeat in five games.Held on for a draw against Mirandes in the second leg to claim a spot in the Quarter-Finals.The final game of the month against Pena Sport was one of those where every shot on target we had went in,Goni scored his 8th goal in nine games so I hope that can continue.

Well the Chairman finally gave in to one of my demands,he has decided to increase the Junior Coaching budget,now we just need the facilities upgrading but progress is progress.Looking good in the league so far,we are nine points above the relegation zone as well as the relegation playoff spot.February starts off in the toughest possible way,away to the league leaders Sabadell even though we are still the only team to beat them this season.The cup games against A.E.Prat can come as a distraction as the league will be tough this month as we face mainly the top teams,the bonus is that the run in will be easier for us.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - February 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-27.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-4.png

Manager's Thoughts

I knew it would be a very tough month but to come out of it with three points is satisfying.Drew against the top team in the league before losing to second place.Dissapointed with the Sestao game as we couldn't finish our chances.The two draws were acceptable as they were both even,the game against Eibar saw Gonis end his goal drought of six games.The two cup games were a good distraction as we took a draw from the first leg,we dominated the second leg but could only manage a 1-0 win which was enough to see us through to the semi-finals which is amazing considering the board told us to learn from experience of participation.

Next month is March,so that means only one thing....it's Youth Candidate time at the end of the month,I would love a new Goalkeepr,wingers,another striker or any defender but if I had choice it would be wingers as my AML and AMR positions are probably the two weakest areas in the team.March is also the point where the easier run in starts as we have played the two top teams in the league,eight points ahead of relegation zone and seven ahead of the relegation playoff spot with twelve games to go,hopefully we can further secure our place in the third tier of Spanish football.

Welcome to Club Deportivo Vitoria's third Youth Candidate team and we have a special treat for you,here is the ass man's report.

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-2.png

The three stand out players are Ricardo Santamaria,Unai Gurrutxaga and Iker Sola

Ricardo Santamaria

RicardoSantamaraOverview_Profile.png

Unai Gurrutxaga

UnaiGurrutxagaOverview_Profile.png

Iker Sola

IkerSolaOverview_Profile.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - March 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-28.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-5.png

Manager's Thoughts

We collected seven points from the five games which isn't too bad as that leaves us on 40 points from 31 games,with seven games left we are 13 points above the relegation zone and 9 ahead of the relegation playoff spot,we may not look out of trouble yet but we have the much easier run in which starts about Mid-April.We also set a new record at the club during the month,we actually sold a game out as 900 people attended our 2-0 defeat against Osasuna "B" so that is a massive plus for our future.The highlight of the month is easily our cup performance in the Copa RFEF,we drew the away leg but we showed our quality at home as we recorded a 5-1 win to win the tie 7-3 aggregate win to send us to the final where we will face the holers,Real Zaragoza "B" which I think will be two tense games between two similar teams.

Overall it was a solid month and we have had good youth come through,all we need now is a GK,DR,DL,DC and a AMR but it's an improvement to the team so we have a brighter future.If worse come to worse then I should be able to sell them on for a few hundred thousand each!Next month sees the beginning of a easier run in which should help us fully secure our future in the third tier and we have the excitement of a cup final to look to so I'm actually looking forward to this month.Hopefully our performances see the clubs reputation rise quite a bit so it will secure us a spot in the Copa del Rey

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - April 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-29.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-6.png

Manager's Thoughts

Didn't start off the month too well but finished it strongly.We lost in the first leg of the Copa RFEF which saw Iker Sola score his first goal for the club.This was follwed up by a snoozefest of a 0-0 draw against Tudelano,the Logromes game was a lot more exciting as we drew 2-2 in which we scored a late equalizer which saw Carlos Goni end his goal drought.Up next was the 2nd leg against Zaragoza "B" in the 2nd leg of the Copa RFEF,we put up a heroic effort but came up short as we won 3-2 but this meant we lost on away goals,one thing to note are the scorers,all three are under 19 and will be key figures for the club for many years to come.The next two league games were both exciting as we won 3-2 and 4-2 which gave us six more points,the game against relegated Llagostera was also a snoozefest which racked up our 16th draw of the season.

I am delighted to see that we are guaranteed another season in the third tier,however I am gutted at losing the final on the away goals but with what I saw in the second leg of the final,I can tell there is a very bright future at the club.We've improved remarkably and what is even more impressive is that our average age of the team is 19 years old so there is a few years before they reach their peak.Only two games left for us this season,against relegated Badalona and Pena Sport so I will still go all out to finish the season off strongly.

Just getting back into FM myself and glad to see a new career for you, BWG. Congrats on guaranteeing another season in the third tier. You've been getting some amazing youth players as well! Is this a new thing for the new patch?

Thanks :D Not sure,completely random.They are pretty amazing but my need for a new goalkeeper and someone in the AMR position are probably the areas where I need quality.I also think they only look amazing as the rest of my team is pretty poor.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - May 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-30.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages-7.png

Manager's Thoughts

Just the two game in May,first was our last home game against relegated Badalona,goals from Sola and Gonis secured victory in front of 859 people.We lost away yet again as I am struggling to find any sort of victory away from home so that will be something to work on.Also,was the second successive time that we finished 9th in the Segunda Division,to make this finish even more of a co-incidence we also finished with 52 points in Division B3 last season.

deltablue - Thanks :D Should be able to push on a bit better in the new season has the players will be better overall due to their development.

AK22 - I made progress....that's news to me,maybe next season we can finish 9th with 53 points :D

rancer890 - I agree,it's not a sprint...it's a marathon :D Junior Coaching is now up Average but with regard to facilities,they are being upgraded but I didn't get a news item.To further this,there is planning for a new stadium and not heard anything about that either.

I was about to say you haven't linked your League Table etc but then I realized you put the pictures on and they just hadn't loaded.

Call me eager if you want :D

Your definitely eager then :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - End of season 2013/14

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/VitoriaTransfers_History-1.png[/img]"]2013/14 Transfers

Just to show that I'm not signing anyone.The only player who left was Josu Pereda,I did want to keep him but his ridiculous wage demands were the reason why he left,he wanted £2k p/w.He isn't even close to being worth £2k p/w!

Competitions

Segunda Division B2

League Table

Another season in tier three and another guarantee of playing in the same tier next season.We were predicted 20th by the media and once again I showed them how much I don't care for their predictions.The first half was tough as the team wasn't playing very well but a change in strategy in which I replaced the captain paid off in the second half as we were much better as my faith in the youngsters really started to pay off towards the end of the season.The biggest highlight of the season was beating Sabadell 1-0 which was only one of three defeats for them,we were also the only team who were not beaten by them so that is impressive in itself.

Copa RFEF

Runner-Up

We edged the first round as we won on penalties against At.Baleares which was quite a relief as we were going through a bad spell.We then faced Mirandes,we had home advantage in the first leg and too advantage of it as we won 2-1,the second leg was a tight affair in which we drew 1-1 but we still went through 3-2.The quarter finals were against Prat,both games were very tight affairs but once again,we took full advantage when it came to home as we won the deciding match 1-0 which saw us go through 2-1.The semi final against Sp.Vilanueva were much more exciting as we drew 2-2 in the first leg but thumped them 5-1 in the second leg to give us a 7-3 victory and a place in the final.Zaragoza "B" were the holders of the competition and they truly showed their quality as they edged the first leg 2-1,the second leg saw us put in a heroic performance and claim a 3-2 victory but it was not enough as we lost the tie on away goals.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 13/14 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the overall Player Stats for the season

Carlos Goni

In his first full season with the senior squad,he was the clubs top scorer hitting 15 goals in 47 appearances as well as providing 4 assists.I have not complaints at how he performed as he will only get better and I was only expecting him to get around 8-10 goals this season so he surpassed my expectations of him.Not sure how good he will become but for now he will have no problem with competing further in Segunda Division B.

Angel Diez

Diez topped the assist chart with 13 as well as scoring 6 in his 48 appearances.I made a decision to make him club captain during the season and it seems to have paid off as we were much better in the second half of the season.Considering he is 18 years old,he has a very bright future and has started to attract attention from Liga Adelante side Real Oviedo but it is important to keep him here at all cost as he could potentially become a club legend.At 18,he has already made 95 appearances for the club while scoring 16 goals.

Iker Lekumberri

Another solid season in which he played 48 times and scored 9 as well so he even improved on the goal scoring front.He had the highest average rating in the team as he scored 7.15 which helped him claim Fans Player of the Year for the second successive year and is one of the clubs Favoured Personnel.He was moved to right back for the last part of the season due to emerging talent in the DC position but he still is one of the better players at the club and will more then likely become a club icon in the future.

Special Mention - Angel Ugalde

Was a key part of the defence last season,he performed brilliantly and at others he knew how to give me a fright,he is the footballing version of Jekyll and Hyde.Played 40 times last season and was one of a very few players to score above the 7.00 average rating mark so that was impressive in itself.He is 27 so he is probably coming up to his peak so hopefully we can get another few seasons out of him before he decides to retire.

Overview

I am very pleased with our second season in Segunda Division B,we avoided relegation and in a remarkable twist of fate,finished in the same position with the same points as last season.We have now started filling out our ground so a new one is on the horizon as they're is a planning bar for a new stadium when looking at the boardroom overview.With having six players under 21 playing in the first team,it is also clear to see how much more talented the youngsters that are coming through are compared to the team I started off with,I reckon give it three more seasons then we could be fighting for a playoff spot in Segunda Division B.Both training and youth facilities are being upgraded so the future is starting to look rosy even if it does take a few seasons but with the rules I have placed,this is a marathon and not a sprint.

In the pre-season,I have signed a new contract which expires in 2019 so that is very good news seeing as at one point,the chairman was talking about getting rid of me when he first took over!By 2019 I am hoping to be a Promotion playoff contender in Segunda Division B,the future is starting to shape us as well as Angel Diez is now our captain and was the best of the bunch from our first Youth Candidate Squad.Give it a few years and we will have a pretty strong squad who should be able to compete much easily in the league.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up

JackJCFC - Thanks :D Your right in that I've settled,I just wish they'd stop moving me between B2 and B3!Not sure for how long it will give a financial boost for as according to my board overview,they are planing a new stadium.

SRL88 - Cheers man :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - Pre-season 2014/15

Club Information - Board Overview - Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-31.png

Well all I can say if I was in Tercera Divisions then I'd be one of the favourites to go up judging on those performances against them.We're not so it doesn't matter but it's pretty positive to see that the attacking force did what it was supposed to do and score.18 goals in 6 games,I would absolutely love that if we can pull that off in the actual league.Even Urko Ramos scored five and he hasn't scored in the league for roughly 1260 minutes!

The Team

Team Report - Tactics and First XI

Key Players

Mikel Bengoetxea - GK

Overall,he had a slightly better season then the one before.He averaged 6.78 over 43 games while he conceded 49 but did also keep 11 clean sheets.Still the undisputed number one at the club,he hasn't even got a serious threat to his place yet.To make this even worse we don't even have a good backup either in case he gets injured again.Bengoetxea has been nearly ever present in the last three seasons and is the clubs top appearance maker with 120,he will definitely increase that by a minimum of 35 this season,made all these appearances and isn't even regarded as a Favoured Personnel!

Ricardo Santamaria - DC/DM

The brightest prospect to come out of the Youth Candidates last season and even that was close run.After signing a contract,he was drafted to the first team where he played 9 times and even scored as well so it was a brilliant start from the youngster.He is better then any of the other DC by quite a bit and has a very bright future as I believe he will become even better then what he currently is.On £300 but that is definitely worth it,I also need him to sign a new contract ASAP to tie him down for a long time.

Angel Diez - MC/AMC

I think everyone has probably heard of him now,he is now 18 and looks like he is starting to develop into a cracking player.One thing to note is that he is now the club captain and has thrived under that pressure at the moment.Last season was his second full season for the club,he averaged at 6.95 over 48 games while scoring 6 and providing 13 assists.He can become even better I reckon as he has become this good off first team experience alone as our facilities are poor and need improving.I reckon it is only a matter of time before he makes it onto the Favoured Personnel.

Carlos Goni - AMC/ST

Impressed in his first full season as he was the clubs top scorer hitting 15 goals in 47 appearances so he surpassed my expectation as I wanted 8-10 goals off him.This season I want to see if he is able to match his 15 goal haul,if he can then I will call it a satisfactory season from him.He won't have as much pressure as we now have a lot better quality in the attacking areas,he probably won't be receiving as much quality from the right wing as we are lacking there.Has improved in a lot of areas with exception to his finishing and composure,hopefully that will improve this season.

Overview

Hi ho hi ho it's off to B3 we go!This season we will be competing in Segunda Division B3 again,I think I've done well in the last couple of season to be honest,the bookies and media opinion 5000-1 again and yet another predicted 20th placed finish.I get the feeling they just don't like me so I will do my best to prove them wrong again.The last time we were in this division,we only really had Angel Diez and Lekumberri has the only quality player,this time around we have those two and five others so I feel a lot more confident then the last time we were in here.Looking at the teams,there are a few familiar faces and a few new ones,the most stand out is one time La LIga side Albacete.

New contract has been signed for me staying,I will now be at the club till 2015 in which by then I hope to be competing for a promotion playoff place,this season I will have no problem with finishing 9th with 52 points again but I have a feeling that we may be able to surpass that,hopefully by the time March hits,we are clear of the relegation zone.I am also hoping the Youth Candidates contain some more defenders,a new goalkeeper who can be seen as a good backup and a AMR,this will help us challenge in the future.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - August 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-32.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-10.png

Manager's Thoughts

Can't complain at that start,we're supposed to be the division whipping boys again and they were undefeated in eight at the back end of last season.It was a lot closer then I would have liked but any three points in my position is a good three points.Angel Diez opened the scoring on 25 minutes in what I can only describe as a controversial penalty.They equalized on 33 but that can be consider a reward for how they played after conceding.The most amazing thing happened in the second half...Angel Ugalde actually scored,it only took 113 games to get his first goal for the club,couldn't have got a more vital goal if he tried.

Next month could be a bit tricky as we have four out of six games away from home but one of those is a Copa del Rey game which I am really looking forward to.After looking at the fixtures,I reckon we could possibly get three or four points.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - September 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-33.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-11.png

Manager's Thoughts

The impressive start continues,I was hoping for three or four points so to come out the month with eight points is brilliant.Can't really be disappointed with any of the performances we have put in during the month.The game against Sanse was even as was the other draw against Teruel,well deserved victories over La Roda and Alcorcon with the latter being an actual away win which is something we don't do very often.We were outplayed against Huracan Valencia but even then it took a late goal for them to beat us.As for the Copa del Rey game,all I can say is how did we only lose by one goal,they completely dominated us and yet we were the better team for how much possession we had which was 39%.

Next month sees us play four league games,one which is really tough in Castilla and three in teams that I am not overly sure on what to expect from them.Hopefully we can pick up a point or two as it is important the we pick up as much as possible to get clear of any potential relegation fight.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - October 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-34.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-12.png

Manager's Thoughts

Wow,another stunning month as we picked up another nine points out of twelve.We took full advantage of Sporting Mahones having ten men as we recorded a fortunate 2-1 victory.I am absolutely ecstatic with our 3-2 victory over Valencia Mestalla as it was our second away victory this season which is more then we recorded in the entire of last season.The game against Castilla is what I thought would be the toughest but a sold out capacity of 900 saw us claim a 3-0 win in which we scored all three within the first eighteen minutes of the game,after that spell they did dominate but couldn't finish.The Mallorca "B" game brought us back down to Earth as we failed really to turn up for the races.

Next month sees us face three teams fighting relegation,a top half team in At.Baleares who I'm familiar with from the Copa RFEF last season and 2nd placed Gandia who are just above us on goal difference.I'm not going to expect anything really as I know how my team plays better then anyone but this is going far too smoothly so far!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - November 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-35.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-13.png

Manager's Thoughts

Another impressive month where we picked up another eight points to add to our tally.We won 3-1 which was pretty comfortable against Conquense,in the game against Guijuelo we were very unlucky to only draw as we were the better side but it shows that our away performances have definitely picked up this season.A Carlos Goni double secured victory over Manacor in a tight affair.We lost our only game of the month to At.Baleares as we underperformed all over the pitch.We were outplayed against Gandia but we took a lead and it lasted till injury time when a lapse in defence saw them get an equalizer but overall I can be proud at how we have performed so far and we're on course to beat our 52 points that we've had for the last two seasons.

Next month we have three games in which we will face top of the table Albacete before we have a home game against promotion playoff challengers Castellon before finishing the month by facing Levante "B".No real expectations,I'd be happy with a point at this point but with how my team has performed this season,I can honestly say I have no idea at how well we will actually do.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - December 2014

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-2-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Was a very tough month for us as we picked up the one point.We were well and truly beaten by the title favourites Albacete so I can't complain too much about that.The game against Castellon,we were unlucky to only pick up a point we were the better side for most of it but we just couldn't finish our chances off so a point will have to do.The game against Levante "B",our finishing also cost us as we could easily have took a point but this month can be considered a progress month as we are now able to match up to some of the bigger teams in the league.Even though we've dropped down to 6th,that is still a remarkable improvement on the last couple of seasons.

At the halfway point,it looks like Carlos Goni will be our Fans Player of the Year,the 17 year old striker has scored a very impressive 11 goals in 19 games while averaging at 7.24.To make things better for us,he has signed a new contract which expires in 2017 but it also now includes a buyout clause of £325,000 so we will be able to make quite a healthy profit on him if worse comes to worse.He also only needs two more league goals to become the top league scorer in history for the club.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - January 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-36.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-14.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a frustrating month,the Vitoria of old crept back in and by that I mean the one who struggles to do anything away.We went to Alcoyano who are one of the top teams in the league and were vastly outplayed and still somehow managed to come out of it with a point.The build up for the Denia game I could have done without as both Santamaria and Goni were ruled out with injuries,we were 3-1 down in the game but we managed to rally back to claim a point.The game against Tereul,well lets just move on from that one.Our only home game saw us edge the game claim a vital win which is something we had not done in eight games so it is a relief.We are only five points behind the promotion playoff but maybe a bit hard to overtake the better quality teams but with avoiding relegation,we are twelve points ahead of the relegaton zone and eleven ahead of the relegation playoff.

Hopefully February will be a bit kinder towards us as we have two home games to start off with and two away games which I am hoping we can get something from so we can get back on track to try and beat the points tally for the last couple of seasons.

SRL88 - Thanks :D It was pretty frustrating but I'm sure the players will get better with age and it has picked up indeed which is good news.

deltablue - Your right on that,we're now 3 points behind 4th place after two games in February.

JackJCFC - We're even closer now and have found some form when it comes to home games,not as confident with away though!

I love this type of threads, great career so far and would be amazing to get promotion to Adelante this season, Gurrutxaga and Sola have very good physical stats for that level.

I don't know if in Spain they share the gate receipts from the Cup, i'm guessing not since it's two-legged otherwise it would be great to get a match against Real Madrid or Barcelona to improve your finances.

Thanks :D Think reaching the Adelante will be hard to do this season but we're giving it a good go.Your right in saying they don't share the gate receipts but it looks like I could have a new stadium in the near future,I'll try and see if I can get a friendly with Barcelona,Real Madrid or Athletic Bilbao to open it.

It is indeed and to make it better,the core of my players are under 20 so I think time is on my side as well.Six of my first eleven are 19 and under with Angel Diez being the oldest at 19 so I think I could spare a couple of season in Segunda B division so they can develop with less pressure.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - February 2015

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-37.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-15.png

Manager's Thoughts

A fantastic month which saw us join back up with the teams fighting for a promotion playoff spot.Our form as of late had been frustrating to say the least but winning a hard fought game against Huracan Valencia seen to kicked us up a notch.Next up was a vastly improved Alcorcon side who were also chasing a promotion playoff spot,saw us claim a heroic victory as we claimed the points with a 3-1 victory.The two away games should have been wins but due to our poor finishing they were not,those two games I will class has four points dropped rather then two gained,if we can improve our away form we will stand a better chance of going up.

We're coming into March,we're ten points off our total for the last two season so we're on a good course to beat that which was my main focus for this season.I think we are practically safe from relegation barring a record breaking awful run which would see us down but I think that is unlikely to happen and I think relegation playoff can be disregarded as well as there are far too many teams fighting down there for survival.March also brings in the Youth Candidates,ideally I would like AMR,GK,DL,DR,DC in that order as they are the more needy positions,AMR will give us a much better attack and is the weakest area,this is followed by GK as his eccentricity has showed this season.Whatever happens,I can be proud of the performances this season.

Archived