[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how is youre striker on 41122 v2???? there is no 4231 v2

what teamtalks do you use and match prep for 41122???

4231v2 see post 394.

match preparation i use attacking movement low. Team talks i guide through wolfgang´s guide.

And my striker is on fire. Doumbia

4231v2 see post 394.

match preparation i use attacking movement low. Team talks i guide through wolfgang´s guide.

And my striker is on fire. Doumbia

i see buth that is not the 4231 v2 from qetesh hehe gonna try it

doumbia is youre right striker????? on 4-1-1-2-2 ????

i see buth that is not the 4231 v2 from qetesh hehe gonna try it

doumbia is youre right striker????? on 4-1-1-2-2 ????

i use qetesh 41122 only if i need a quick goal because it leaks a litlle at the back. In this tac i use Cardozo on the left and doumbia on the right. The 4231v2 is more balanced but u score loads also. That´s my fav tac right now and i use it most of the games

Ballista 4231 Qetesh is best tactic that i tried till now for fm 2012.I had best season with Norwich with this tactic and got a 6th place after end of first season.NOt so remarcable may say some people who think fm2012 is too easy and they are playing with Barca Arsenal and other huge teams.

U notice a good tactic when u play with a bad team.Of course its not perfect its vulnerable especially in away games or vs much bigger teams that are overloading with fulbacks,but overall it gives good results.

Im interested in this V2 4321 that some people speaks about,so is true that it could be better than 4231 Qetesh?

I'm having great success with the Balista 4321, but is "the best 4321 V2" actually any better?

I'm using 4231 Balista right now. Did a very quick test with Best of 4231 V2, and Balista seemed better. Perhaps I will try Best of 4231 V2 as a backup tactic, to change a game where Balista is not working, as it has some different settings and don't use counter-attack.

Marcelo do you think 4231 Balista better than your tweaked fuss version?

Both have some very similar settings and ideas... I played a lot with the tweaked Fuss version and it gave me very nice results, and I just started using Balista, but so far it seems at least as good if not better.

i think this tactic is well underrated. compared to most on here anyway. i started as gloucester in the bsn and won the league using xenons 4-2-4. so i'm in the bsp and still using xenons tactic. i came 3rd then 3rd again and lost in the playoffs both years. gave it another year and came 6th. i thought to myself i'm never getting out of this league so i switched to the ballista 4231 and won the league with 98 pts. went up to league 2 and couldn't really make any signings due to my poor finances, anyway to my suprise i came 3rd. 1 point off 2nd and got automatically promoted. now i'm in league 1 and STILL haven't really made any signings except from a few loanees, and i'm sat in 2nd places after 27 games with 53 points, 2 points behind leaders sheffield united.

for me, it's a great tactic. getting (hopefully) 3 consecutive promotions with no finances is fantastic. i was trying to upload some screenshots but i'm not sure how.

I'm using the 4-2-3-1 Balista and notice that my AMC gets awful ratings each game - and rarely scores / assists. Also, my 2 MC's get pretty bad ratings too.

Anyone else notice this?

Just wondered if anyone has changed the settings slightly to try and get them better...

Cheers :)

The 4-2-3-1 Balista is a sensational formation going forward it has to be said, and I've found it very successful, but it can also be embarrassingly open at the back.

The formation offers no protection to your CB's, who are expected to play 1-1 and the defensive channels are so open its unbelieveable, on account of the AMR/AML doing little defensive work. The right sided midfielder I find to be largely ineffectual (I prefer to play with a genuine holding midfielder, but I guess this is the nature of the tactic). This can often lead to high scoring games 5-4 etc, but any side with any pace up front and a forward who likes to drop deep can destroy you so easily. Fortunately it doesn't happen often and often seems to happen when your players become over-confident, so in this respect I guess you need to be very adept at team-talks with this tactic.

The 4-2-3-1 Balista is a sensational formation going forward it has to be said, and I've found it very successful, but it can also be embarrassingly open at the back.

The formation offers no protection to your CB's, who are expected to play 1-1 and the defensive channels are so open its unbelieveable, on account of the AMR/AML doing little defensive work. The right sided midfielder I find to be largely ineffectual (I prefer to play with a genuine holding midfielder, but I guess this is the nature of the tactic). This can often lead to high scoring games 5-4 etc, but any side with any pace up front and a forward who likes to drop deep can destroy you so easily. Fortunately it doesn't happen often and often seems to happen when your players become over-confident, so in this respect I guess you need to be very adept at team-talks with this tactic.

I've been trying to make it better but i seem to make it worsen every thing , but like you say going forward it awesome

i haven´t tested it yet. I´m using Qetesh 41122 and 4231v2 and they´re both brilliant

The Qetesh 4-1-1-2-2 is not good.... I am Malaga I am on 12.04:

won 2-5 to valencia

lost 2-0 to xerez.

lost 2-5 to Villareal

lost 4-3 to A Madrid (I was 3-0 up)

terrible, terrible tactic. NO NOT USE.

Treble and quadrupole with Chelsea with that tactic... Works for me :)

EDIT: And got to Champions League 1/8 finals with Dinamo Zagreb 1st season.. Knocked out by Inter on away goals!!

The Qetesh 4-1-1-2-2 is not good.... I am Malaga I am on 12.04:

won 2-5 to valencia

lost 2-0 to xerez.

lost 2-5 to Villareal

lost 4-3 to A Madrid (I was 3-0 up)

terrible, terrible tactic. NO NOT USE.

Too right, I've had enough and had to change.....

Great success with the (unedited) original tactic. As Aldershot, I won the Prem 7 times in a row, average goals for = 130 (best = 156!) against = 37, but used to berate my defenders for getting sub 6.0 scores when we'd get hammered by very good teams - the last straw was season 8 when I came 2nd, which has now put a horrible dent in my league graph! Although in that season I did lose 3 or 4 quality players, so I decided to change the tactic....

I am now playing exactly the same tactic with the following changes....

Mentality = Defensive (4 clicks from the left)

No Offside

Defensive line = deep (all the way to the left)

All defenders & MCR on defensive (all the way to the left) Make sure MCR is good at defending, converted DMC helps.

MCL = defensive (5 clicks from the left)

AML & AMR = Normal (8 clicks from the left)

The last 2 seasons I have won the Prem - F112 A17 108 points lost none & F135 A18 98 points - still can't work out why I lost 4 games though! So bizzareley, setting it to defensive, I still score lots of goals!! and my defenders are far more consistent.

Like the original tactic, I still win the Champs League

One other thing, the season I have just finished - due to a lack of sponsorship money (Grrr...sort it out SI!) I can't really afford to pay out high bonuses, so I set them all on low, still won CS, SC, CWC, Prem & Champs League :-)

Too right, I've had enough and had to change.....

Great success with the (unedited) original tactic. As Aldershot, I won the Prem 7 times in a row, average goals for = 130 (best = 156!) against = 37, but used to berate my defenders for getting sub 6.0 scores when we'd get hammered by very good teams - the last straw was season 8 when I came 2nd, which has now put a horrible dent in my league graph! Although in that season I did lose 3 or 4 quality players, so I decided to change the tactic....

I am now playing exactly the same tactic with the following changes....

Mentality = Defensive (4 clicks from the left)

No Offside

Defensive line = deep (all the way to the left)

All defenders & MCR on defensive (all the way to the left) Make sure MCR is good at defending, converted DMC helps.

MCL = defensive (5 clicks from the left)

AML & AMR = Normal (8 clicks from the left)

The last 2 seasons I have won the Prem - F112 A17 108 points lost none & F135 A18 98 points - still can't work out why I lost 4 games though! So bizzareley, setting it to defensive, I still score lots of goals!! and my defenders are far more consistent.

Like the original tactic, I still win the Champs League

One other thing, the season I have just finished - due to a lack of sponsorship money (Grrr...sort it out SI!) I can't really afford to pay out high bonuses, so I set them all on low, still won CS, SC, CWC, Prem & Champs League :-)

upload it mate your tweaked version! also do you do the goalie setting's??

upload it mate your tweaked version! also do you do the goalie setting's??

Nothing changed on the goalie. Just went through and compared my tactic to the original, can't see anything else I have changed apart from what I mentioned.

The tweak is here, I've also enclosed some screen shots of my progress :-)

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/69107361/file.html

edit: One other thing I do is to leave the match prep on Defensive Positioning (average) all season.

And here is another fine tactic from FM-Thai: Wilshere Can U Stop Me _ tac_(NewRemake_Full) Update , made by the user MaDeE™ for patch 12.1.1.

It's a 4-2-2-2 with the ball set to be played down the right side of the pitch. The MCR is the playmaker, and the right striker is the target man.

This tactic looked very promising in the few tests I made, if anyone wants to try, this is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gnn0aai39ltlvbxh

and this is the original thread on FM-Thai: http://www.fm-thai.com/board/index.php?showtopic=107769

And here is another fine tactic from FM-Thai: Wilshere Can U Stop Me _ tac_(NewRemake_Full) Update , made by the user MaDeE™ for patch 12.1.1.

It's a 4-2-2-2 with the ball set to be played down the right side of the pitch. The MCR is the playmaker, and the right striker is the target man.

This tactic looked very promising in the few tests I made, if anyone wants to try, this is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gnn0aai39ltlvbxh

and this is the original thread on FM-Thai: http://www.fm-thai.com/board/index.php?showtopic=107769

what is de match prep mate????

Can u post your results?

I just tested it for 6 games (highlighted in the screenshot) with a strong Chelsea team in 2017, so the results may not mean much, but I was impressed with the consistency and beautiful football played, even with the tactic not being anywhere near fluid. Let me know your results if you try it.

59563252.jpg

Marcelo, what tactic have you been using before you did that little test with that "wilshere" tactic?

I haven't played a lot in this save lately, and was undecided about what tactic to use, so I wasn't using just one tactic, it was a mix of Hough's, Fuss and the tactic from the op in this thread.

for these 2 tactics, what is the recommended additional focus area? and any other specific settings, notes?

41122 Optimus

4231 Balista

4231 Balista isn't as stable at the back as 41122 i think. But both can be caught badly by quick counters and go down by 2-3 goals.

4231 Balista is very offensive tactic if not the most offensive outhere with 1 striker.The 4 upfront play beautifull being deadly on counteratacks(AMC and wingers play on my taste meaning normally and not brainless like in many tactics that ive tried till now imo and this is not an easy task in fm2012 because of ME).The only problem is at the back :) and i try to tweak this but with no effect.It seems ME doesnt allow crazy attack combined with good defense.

After 26 games my Norwich team have 70 goals and im 4th in league.My atacking average players have crazy stats,this looks funny abit:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/918/87237093.png

Anyone out there who remeber the good 3-3-1-3 tactic from the cm series??

Well here it is. (at least as close as i can get it.)

Im currently managing man utd after 3 seasons in other leagues with great results with this one.

I have currently a non loosing streak on 22 games. 47 goal fw, 15 ag...

that includes the league, spanish cup and euro cup.

I have noticed a couple of things with it, and thats:

you win bigger if you have a good "middle" Striker.

You once in a while get strange looses, but dont panic.. the team gets back on track.

If you do panic and messes around with the tactic. DONT save over it... i have noticed that it is sensitive to changes... and you proberbly regret it later.

I really dont do much in the game, exept changing players if they are injured, and some rotation. The players do the rest.

Please give yor review on this. Maybe in just a lucky man, or does it do the work for others??

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21289819

Archived