[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

Looks awesome marcelo! I wouldn't mind giving it a run but do you mind posting a few more screenshots of your season....league table for example!

Jimmyrh94, I haven't played a full season with this tactic as it is now, and spent most of the time tweaking various settings, that's why I didn't post more screenshots.

This are the last results of the season, however only in the very end I settled for some individual settings.

results.jpg

I will PM you the tactic.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most insane tactic i've ever seen. Wanted to play Barcelona while using this tactic. 1st season won all except CL ...real madrid knocked me out in semifinals. But 2nd season was just unreal. I won all that could be won by a mile.

2nd season standings : Barcelona : Goals for 196 , Goals against : 31 . Points 107 , Real madrid was second with 85 points .

Ty for this awesome tactic :D

This is the most insane tactic i've ever seen. Wanted to play Barcelona while using this tactic. 1st season won all except CL ...real madrid knocked me out in semifinals. But 2nd season was just unreal. I won all that could be won by a mile.

2nd season standings : Barcelona : Goals for 196 , Goals against : 31 . Points 107 , Real madrid was second with 85 points .

Ty for this awesome tactic :D

What did you use? Balista or 4222 tweak?

Jimmyrh94, I haven't played a full season with this tactic as it is now, and spent most of the time tweaking various settings, that's why I didn't post more screenshots.

This are the last results of the season, however only in the very end I settled for some individual settings.

results.jpg

I will PM you the tactic.

Can you PM it to me too? can't PM you cause your inbox is full or something :D Or maybe Jimmy wouldn't mind to PM it to me as well? :x

Guys, I decided to make a new tactic using Balista as an starting point. It's a 4-1-1-3-1, and I got some really amazing results with it. It's a very attacking tactic, just as I like. However, I don't have much time for testing it with different teams, so if anyone is interested in testing it, please send me a PM.

Hello mate.

If you could send me the tactic, I could give a feedback on how it progresses. My spring break started a day ago and I have plenty of time to test it.

Have a nice weekend.

Ok, as too many people were asking for the tactic, and apparently the inbox gets full very quickly, I think it's easier to just put the download links here. If you use it, please leave some feedback. I'm really curious if this will work for other people as it did for me.

Some info about the tactic:

- It is a very attacking tactic designed to counter attack as quickly as possible, so don't expect high possession or tight defense;

- target man and playmaker are ticked, but it's not necessary to select any in the set pieces tab (I haven't). Only use them if you have some special player that you want to make the focal point of your team;

- the corners are set to the near post, with the DCR attacking there. You can change that if you want;

- I prefer to use right footed player in the right wing/left footed in the left wing, but you are free to test other types of players there if you want;

- I always use attacking movement as match preparation;

- It was made in 12.2.2, but tested only with strong teams.

Also, if you prefer using 2 strikers, i will upload a 4-1-1-2-2 that is almost identical. I used it only for a few games, alternating with with the 4-1-1-3-1 with good results.

Links:

4-1-1-3-1: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ot9n12hbbh182b

4-1-1-2-2: http://www.mediafire.com/?cmjdaf7yuy5cq5s

Firstly, thanks very much for the upload. The counter attacking football is an absolute joy to watch and the CCCs that are created are also very pleasant. I'm only five games into the EPL but already I'm really happy with how things are developing. I'm keeping quite a few clean sheets too which is an added bonus! Will post some SCs a little later :)

:thup:

I used 12.0.4 . I am updating to last now and will try the tactic again.

Ah yeah it was immense on 12.04 i doubt it will work very well on the new patch but ill give it a try. Really wish i stayed on patch 12.04 tbh, i wish there was a way of going back to that patch somehow :S?

1148506758.jpg

This is a game with ur 4-1-1-3-1 Marcelo.

My match preparation was : "Defensive positioning"

I find "defense positioning" is working better than "attacking movement" cause this tactic isn't based on possession but truly shine on counter attacks.

Imo a nice positioning of defensive players is kinda better to launch the counter attack to a goal.

I've tweaked it a bit :

- Creative Freedom on Team instructions set to "5"

- The striker set as the target man

- Unticked "Roam from position" for the striker

- the 2 wingers + the striker creative freedom set as team instruction (5)

- "Move into channels" on AMC

Before my tweaks, the score were like for 5 games : 2-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-1, 5-1.

Dunno if my tweaks are nice but it works better on this game setup and/or with my players (or maybe it's luck, i'll see it with more games).

Match Prep for me too is Defensive Positioning, appears to make the tactic stronger. I've introduced it into my SPurs game, I'm in March in my 3rd season and I must say it is amazing.

Chelsea (A) 6-0 11 CCCs

Bolton (A) 6-1

Liverpool (H) 5-2 (both goals were bad defensive errors)

Lyon (H) 4-0

Early days I know, but I was top with my own tactic but it was becoming slightly stale and AI were more effective Vs my tac but this has breathed a new lease of life into my quest for a 3rd prem in a row and potentially 1st CL trophy :)

KUTGW :)

I decided to make a proper test with my tactic, so I loaded my Spain save, resigned from Real Madrid in 2014 and took the Sevilla job. They were 10th last season and media prediction is 7th for this season. I will post the results when the season is over, but that will take a few days.

Meanwhile, I had a good chance to test the tactic with a national team, as I was the England manager and had the World Cup in my way. It was just too easy! But the better part is that the football played is really beautiful, the counter attacks are lethal and players do some really crazy things with all the attacking mentality and creative freedom.

Here are the results:

wc_fixtures.jpg

Target man option is checked but he doesnt have to be in the list but I've personally found that Adebayor (in the TG list) has worked really well and Luis Suarez (not in list) also worked equally effective, but my preference is for more mobile and skilful attackers. Trial and error I suppose or rotate one of each :thup:

I decided to make a proper test with my tactic, so I loaded my Spain save, resigned from Real Madrid in 2014 and took the Sevilla job. They were 10th last season and media prediction is 7th for this season. I will post the results when the season is over, but that will take a few days.

First 10 league games. So far so good. The only two losses were against Real and Barcelona, and 7 of the 13 goals against were in these 2 games. And the better part is that the tactic isn't even fluid yet, nor is the team gelled. It can only get better.

tab1.jpg

And the good results with England continue after the World Cup:

eng_fix2.jpg

This is a beta of the 4231 v3

http://www.upload-thai.com/download.php?id=7c4aa9177656afdcad9d7aea13d79862

and a bata of the 41122

http://www.upload-thai.com/download.php?id=0d0318a42c06293aa32015cdcc9a82bd

please lets us know how you get on with it

will let quest know aswell

still same stuff for pitch etc

Anybody with good experience regarding the 4-1-1-2-2?

22 played - 13W - 5D - 4L. Ok, but not as good as expected....

Marcelo, your tactic is very attacking and scores a metric ton of goals, but it also concedes so much. Can you work on that?

Sorry, but the idea of the tactic is to attack as much as possible as fast as possible. If you make the tactic more defensive, it will take away from the attack. What I can say is that as the tactic become fluid, the team gelled, and you learn how to deal with morale, you start conceding a lot less.

I've tweaked it a bit :

- Creative Freedom on Team instructions set to "5"

- The striker set as the target man

- Unticked "Roam from position" for the striker

- the 2 wingers + the striker creative freedom set as team instruction (5)

- "Move into channels" on AMC

Before my tweaks, the score were like for 5 games : 2-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-1, 5-1.

Dunno if my tweaks are nice but it works better on this game setup and/or with my players (or maybe it's luck, i'll see it with more games).

I used these tweaks and I'm much more stable, especially away from home against the "big" teams. The original was to open, so I suggest people try to apply these tweaks if they're finding the original to leaky.

Ah yeah it was immense on 12.04 i doubt it will work very well on the new patch but ill give it a try. Really wish i stayed on patch 12.04 tbh, i wish there was a way of going back to that patch somehow :S?
The only way you can go back to a patch is if you save the fm.exe from the patch. You can then paste this in instead of the current fm.exe and it will take you back to that patch. I have only done this with 12.1.1 but I assume it would work the same with 12.04. So find someone who is still using 12.04 and get the fm.exe from them and you can go back. If anyone tries this please backup the original dir first as I've only used it for myself on 2 different computers, worked on both but always best to backup first.

The only way you can go back to a patch is if you save the fm.exe from the patch. You can then paste this in instead of the current fm.exe and it will take you back to that patch. I have only done this with 12.1.1 but I assume it would work the same with 12.04. So find someone who is still using 12.04 and get the fm.exe from them and you can go back. If anyone tries this please backup the original dir first as I've only used it for myself on 2 different computers, worked on both but always best to backup first.

Since the patch does not only update the fm.exe file but loads of others as well, I doubt that this would work :)

It might just show an older version in game because of the older fm.exe but the rest of the game will still be updated.

I'm actually working on a 4-2-3-1 Deep (2 DMC set as playmakers) which actually is very solid at the back (but i need more tests) and that can provide very good counter attacks and well slow-built attacking movements too (still don't expect to win 7-x 9-x like the marcelo tac or balista can do).

The tac is 75% built on FuSStidious V2.

This is the kind of result i can get with a no signings/first season/not even fluid tactic (3rd game of the season) Swansea team (20th media prediction in PL)

Mancini would be upset.

Nice heh?

Since the patch does not only update the fm.exe file but loads of others as well, I doubt that this would work :)

It might just show an older version in game because of the older fm.exe but the rest of the game will still be updated.

I think updates are stored in a specific folder which is referenced by the version of the fm.exe, therefore if you use the fm.exe 12.1.1 it takes the updates that are in that folder.

First 10 league games. So far so good. The only two losses were against Real and Barcelona, and 7 of the 13 goals against were in these 2 games. And the better part is that the tactic isn't even fluid yet, nor is the team gelled. It can only get better.

I got my revenge against Barcelona for the 5x2 loss in the first game of the season. And that with a red card on 55 and a missed penalty and terrible game overall by Soldado:

barc.jpg

We are catching up with them in the table, and with the signings I was able to make in the January transfer window (Anderson and Conca, sold Banega), I think we can win the title! Not bad for a team with a media prediction of 7th.

This is certainly the most fun tactic I have used in FM12 so far!

tab2.jpg

Cool mate. Have you decided which you think is better, the 4-1-1-3-1 or the 4-1-1-2-2?

I always start with the 41131. Usually around 60th minute, if things aren't going well and/or my AMC is heavily marked, or I want to bring on another striker for whatever reason, I change to the 41122.

Also if my AMCs are injured or suspended, and I have two good strikers available, I may start with the 41122.

http://postimage.org/image/kkol9j7yr/full/

Some great results with the tactic.

although some of the results are misleading such as the Manchester City game where I was lucky (3 CCC vs 2) and the Spurs games. (4 vs 2) home game vs Liverpool (1 vs 1) although I destroyed them in the FA Cup game. (4-0).

I'll continue using it a bit more, then feedback once more.

Great work with Chelsea, and what kind of skin do you use, because its an amzing skin

Ok, as too many people were asking for the tactic, and apparently the inbox gets full very quickly, I think it's easier to just put the download links here. If you use it, please leave some feedback. I'm really curious if this will work for other people as it did for me.

Some info about the tactic:

- It is a very attacking tactic designed to counter attack as quickly as possible, so don't expect high possession or tight defense;

- target man and playmaker are ticked, but it's not necessary to select any in the set pieces tab (I haven't). Only use them if you have some special player that you want to make the focal point of your team;

- the corners are set to the near post, with the DCR attacking there. You can change that if you want;

- I prefer to use right footed player in the right wing/left footed in the left wing, but you are free to test other types of players there if you want;

- I always use attacking movement as match preparation;

- It was made in 12.2.2, but tested only with strong teams.

Also, if you prefer using 2 strikers, i will upload a 4-1-1-2-2 that is almost identical. I used it only for a few games, alternating with with the 4-1-1-3-1 with good results.

Links:

4-1-1-3-1: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ot9n12hbbh182b

4-1-1-2-2: http://www.mediafire.com/?cmjdaf7yuy5cq5s

What it a tweak of??

Archived