[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

cheers not tired but looks good from what you done

Finished my season with Valencia today. In 2014 I resigned from Real and took the Valencia job, media prediction 7th, last season 10th. Not a bad team, but not anywhere near the level of Barcelona or Real. Even at the end of the season, the team wasn't fully gelled (still at "current players have developed a strong understanding"), so all things considered I'm very happy with the results. I'm sure that with a better team this tactic can score over 150 goals in the league, and conced no more than 1 per game. The tactic is the one in post #662. Here are the screens;

Final Table:

fin_tab.jpg

Fixtures:

fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

My best player:

soldado.jpg

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been giving Marcelo's tactic a test in the lower leagues. So far I'm only a few games in but I'm top of the league with a Dorchester side predicted to finish 18th, and I'm through to the 1st round of the FA Cup which is great for the finances. Some general thoughts:

- The defensive record is dodgy, particularly when I play 4-2-2-2. The attack tends to bail them out - I had a ridiculous 6-4 game at the start of the season.

I've been trying to work out why - possibly my full backs aren't good enough, or I have noticed that the defensive midfielder has been pushing up too much, so I might try tweaking his instructions.

- I was lucky with the signings I've made - it really helps to have pace on the wings and at least one centre back with good aerial skills.

- May just be coincidence, but I've found opposition instructions make a world of difference. I've just been doing what the assman says.

- Even non-league teams appear to adapt well to the tactic, and in general I really like how the team plays; so thank you for a great tactic so far!

BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages.png

DorchesterTownSquad_Players.png

Callum

• 2 weeks later...

4222 Tweak test season with man utd (patch 12.2.2)

League Table

I would just like to add that I lost one of those losses and drew one of those draws towards the very end of the season. I literally was just picking players to get their appearances up so they wouldn't complain- so this was mainly second team players. With 35 games to go I had lost 2 drawn 1 and won 32.

barclayspremierleagueove.png

Player Stats

The tactic still scores the same amount of goals as it did on the patch it was intended for, but as you can see it relies upon the corner tactic to unlock a game every once in a while. Admittedly the strikers scored about 10-15 less than they did on the last patch with this tactic, but still I cant complain.

barclayspremierleaguestk.png

Squad Screen

manchesterunitedsquadplw.png

Erick torres is amazing as the main striker. normally getting 45-50 each season, he has just surpassed himself today beating even the real life messi (so far). this is the most goals anyone has ever got for me in any football manager

ETorres.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4222 Tweak test season with man utd (patch 12.2.2)

League Table

I would just like to add that I lost one of those losses and drew one of those draws towards the very end of the season. I literally was just picking players to get their appearances up so they wouldn't complain- so this was mainly second team players. With 35 games to go I had lost 2 drawn 1 and won 32.

barclayspremierleagueove.png

Player Stats

The tactic still scores the same amount of goals as it did on the patch it was intended for, but as you can see it relies upon the corner tactic to unlock a game every once in a while. Admittedly the strikers scored about 10-15 less than they did on the last patch with this tactic, but still I cant complain.

barclayspremierleaguestk.png

Squad Screen

manchesterunitedsquadplw.png

Where to download tactics?

yea of course it works with man utd.. but does it with lower teams on 12.2.2?

I hate comments like this. Do you really think everyone buys this game to manage lower teams? If you support Man utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc and you buy this game why would you think to yourself, oh the fm base community will not be impressed with my results as a top team so i better manage a lower team to appease everyone.

People on these forums need to stop thinking they are better than everyone else because they a) make their own tactics (despite still visiting the download tactics section :s) and b) because they use small and lower level teams in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate comments like this. Do you really think everyone buys this game to manage lower teams? If you support Man utd/Arsenal/Chelsea etc and you buy this game why would you think to yourself, oh the fm base community will not be impressed with my results as a top team so i better manage a lower team to appease everyone.

People on these forums need to stop thinking they are better than everyone else because they a) make their own tactics (despite still visiting the download tactics section :s) and b) because they use small and lower level teams in the game.

gif-1.gif

No better truth said than this one. Lots of ....... think of them selfs that they are better than others just because they found 5% of how the game work and make a low lvl team won a lague or a cup after who knows how many save and load games and shows only the results they want us to see and we should give them a gold medal for this??

STOP wasting time and try to learn more if u like and/or love the game ,nobody is a teacher but we all can learn from our experience if u share it!!

Jimmyrh94: 1 - 0 Others ...

gif-1.gif

i used Balista/Optimus v3 versions for 12.2.2 with my Sampdoria during the third season

results was impressive...

i won Italian National Cup and arrived 2nd in Serie A with poor FBs and a weak GK

Papadopoulos and Bocchetti got a lot of injures and i used a lot Nesta(38 years old) and Gastaldello(LOL)

Fierro was impressive(83 goals-25 assists-25 MVP-8.37 seasonal rating) ...played as main striker in Balista and with Lucas Moura in Optimus v3

i would like to upload some screenshots but i have some troubles

will try to update this post later

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jimmy - What link on the first page? The first post? One with striker tweak? Thought that was for an earlier patch.

it is i think, but it still worked for me. The test summary i did was to see if it worked in the latest patch.

• 3 months later...

Archived