[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

This tactic seems to be so successful for other players but has been awful for me!

As Aberdeen, I've played 8, won 2, drawn 2 and lost 4 and conceded 24 goals. I played it in pre-season, my assistant is happy because we're almost completely familiar with it but we're doing poorly, throwing away leads when we do have them and, seeing as we're one of the better teams in Scotland, losing to lesser teams.

I guess it just doesn't work for everyone.

But wait a moment! We've just beaten Rangers! Maybe we've cracked it and we'll push on from here...

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This tactic seems to be so successful for other players but has been awful for me!

As Aberdeen, I've played 8, won 2, drawn 2 and lost 4 and conceded 24 goals. I played it in pre-season, my assistant is happy because we're almost completely familiar with it but we're doing poorly, throwing away leads when we do have them and, seeing as we're one of the better teams in Scotland, losing to lesser teams.

I guess it just doesn't work for everyone.

I let in about 0,8 goals per match and score about 4. I have actually won every competition the past two seasons, although you won't go undefeated with this tactic. You lose from time to time. You might just have been unlucky. It's seemingly very important you use the right players in each position and so on though. I did a holiday test with Arsenal, and did so horribly I got fired after half a year. I score almost a corner goal per match, and use fast players in all of the front four positions. Finishing and concentration is very important for the right striker, in combination with pace and acceleration of at least 15-15. I seemingly do quite a bit better with these team talks than without: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85963-teamtalks.html

The financial situation doesn't allow me to be too picky in terms the players I field. I've got decent headers of the ball (the CB attacking the near post has 15 for heading and 16 for jumping) but I hardly ever score from corners. I follow that team talk guide, although I find the aggressive nature of it a bit OTT. But if it works I'll give them the hairdryer every match.

just found this

Pre game team talk : choose the "ASSERTIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback mostly green if not all by players.

Half-time talk: this is based on how the score is if you are drawing or behind you give "AGGRESIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players. if we are winning you give "PASSIONATE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players.

Full time: once again based on scoreline if Drawn or behind you give "AGGRESIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players, if we win you give "PASSIONATE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players.

best team talk i've used!

for general games with utd its been great. though against bigger rival teams you may need to incoorporate some 'for the fans' talks

I've been sacked and cragswfc, I hold you indirectly responsible ;)

Your tactic and its efficiency seduced me but my Aberdeen team did crap. My players were average but so are most of the players in the SPL so it shouldn't have mattered. I never mastered the team talk thing because I don't like using the generic 'aggressive' approach even if it is effective so perhaps that made a difference.

I blame the patch :D

I've been sacked and cragswfc, I hold you indirectly responsible ;)

Your tactic and its efficiency seduced me but my Aberdeen team did crap. My players were average but so are most of the players in the SPL so it shouldn't have mattered. I never mastered the team talk thing because I don't like using the generic 'aggressive' approach even if it is effective so perhaps that made a difference.

I blame the patch :D

i like get blamed hahaha

some more updates

my last season was:

27-3-0 109-23 (polish league)

this one:

29-1-0 150-28

i've won everything, including champions league,final vs liverpool 5-0

i'm in 2015 with a pretty strong squad, but i mean 5 goals per match is ridiculous ;)

overall player stats:

stcr 61 gls/21 ast/30 apps

stcl 45 gls/29 ast/40 apps

dcl 43 goals/38 apps

i think im gonna try this tactic in some lower leagues. i've been using devasto is cooking v5 with york city (blue square) and it was working great. im sure this one will work even better

i like get blamed hahaha

its all your fault

I have a £30 voucher for xmas and cos of this thread i might get the game tommorow

I wasnt going to buy it as i feel its become over complicated in recent years but im feeling the urge :)

its all your fault

I have a £30 voucher for xmas and cos of this thread i might get the game tommorow

I wasnt going to buy it as i feel its become over complicated in recent years but im feeling the urge :)

a wise choice would be to get this game

Hi, iam BACK! :) havent been playing for a while. and much have been wrote and said since i played last time. nice that some new tweaks have been made.. looking forward to try them!

cragswfc, what tactic work best these days and tweak? :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

this tactic work really good for me, but i just testing other peoples what people put up Marcelo fuss tweaked is really good though

200+ yes here look

http://image.free.in.th/z/ic/bx54q.jpg

http://image.free.in.th/z/is/o2iex.jpg

the lcm is more attacking mined the mcr is more defensive

not sure about the wingers

the right seems to score more goals & that's were defoe plays in his saved game

where play messi,iniesta,neymar, and cavani in this tactic? i know cavani is striker, but messi he play striker in this ss, or is he wing?

Not sure how to post piccy. 1st season with arsenal. 1st save game on fm2012 as i always till crimbo then hit it hard.

season started ok but got knocked out cl in group stages. i genuinally believe that was the bedding in period for the tactic because since then ive won 22 from 22. scoring 72 and conceding only 12.

had wilshere and rvp out all season untill now.

beat city 9.0 11vs11.

signed busqeTs and then just sub players (sow, wilfired, vjalsiko,sidney and benatia)

star man: Chu-Young...BEAST

I firmly belive in kepping rest simple and team talks effective (they are the key, that and morale)

Not sure how to post piccy. 1st season with arsenal. 1st save game on fm2012 as i always till crimbo then hit it hard.

season started ok but got knocked out cl in group stages. i genuinally believe that was the bedding in period for the tactic because since then ive won 22 from 22. scoring 72 and conceding only 12.

had wilshere and rvp out all season untill now.

beat city 9.0 11vs11.

signed busqeTs and then just sub players (sow, wilfired, vjalsiko,sidney and benatia)

star man: Chu-Young...BEAST

I firmly belive in kepping rest simple and team talks effective (they are the key, that and morale)

what you mean by keeping rest simple

By far the best tactic I've ever used. Made it in to the Champions League group stage with Prestatyn in the Welsh league. It took a few seasons but it's tough to do nonetheless. Been in Europa League previously with them with some really poor players and held my own. Take a look at my Champions league Group:- http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=wr433wgusuz9rqc

And my home game vs Celtic http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=o7o50fzvft0qssb

Group represented with teams from England, Scotland and Wales for the first time! Still only got 558 fans V Celtic lol! Still, got 6 mil for getting into the group stages and gonna see how far I can take Prestatyn!

By far the best tactic I've ever used. Made it in to the Champions League group stage with Prestatyn in the Welsh league. It took a few seasons but it's tough to do nonetheless. Been in Europa League previously with them with some really poor players and held my own. Take a look at my Champions league Group:- http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=wr433wgusuz9rqc

And my home game vs Celtic http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=o7o50fzvft0qssb

Group represented with teams from England, Scotland and Wales for the first time! Still only got 558 fans V Celtic lol! Still, got 6 mil for getting into the group stages and gonna see how far I can take Prestatyn!

cool. i like the 558 people all of celtic fans? ha ha

Great news, Cragswfc. Gonna try it directly with my Man Utd...

Your 4-2-2-2 worked wonders for Aston Villa, (Delfouneso and Gaitan was crazy) but when I got offered the job at United, with their "awesome" squad everything has turned downhill. Eagerly trying just about everything.

First match for this 4-2-3-1 was home against Chelsea and I crushed them 4-0. Created 6 CCC and allowing 1 CCC for Chelsea. Rooney with a hat trick, which is nice to see since he's been a slow starter this season.

Enthusiastic about this one!

Great news, Cragswfc. Gonna try it directly with my Man Utd...

Your 4-2-2-2 worked wonders for Aston Villa, (Delfouneso and Gaitan was crazy) but when I got offered the job at United, with their "awesome" squad everything has turned downhill. Eagerly trying just about everything.

First match for this 4-2-3-1 was home against Chelsea and I crushed them 4-0. Created 6 CCC and allowing 1 CCC for Chelsea. Rooney with a hat trick, which is nice to see since he's been a slow starter this season.

Enthusiastic about this one!

Did you use select the AMC as a playmaker? Or just straight plug and play.

Straight plug and play.

Second match was against Chelsea again, this time in League Cup. Sure, they didn't field their strongest side, but still... I crushed them again 6-0 and this time with only 10 men from 3-0 (48th minute) forward. My right back (Smalling) got a red card and I then dropped AMC down, almost felt like it didn't make any difference wether he was there or not... 4-1 CCC to my advantage. They only had 1 shot on target. Rooney scored a hat trick again!

Ratings for defenders are impressing me a lot...

Now Boltons got a spanking with 3-0 away from home. They had a whooping 5 CCC though, first 3 within first 10 minutes of the game... Strange game this one.

I've begun saying nothing at all at half time pep-talk if we're leading and playing at least OK, this has seemed to keep the players going... Second half of these first 3 games has been better then the first...

Just wonderful stuff Cragswfc!

First 5 games, yet to concede a goal!

first5h.th.png

Apart from that game against Bolton the opposition is barely creating any CCCs at all.

My striker is insane and defenders feel very solid. Expecting a bit more from the AMC though, have Ganso there... He did have a better game against Liverpool though, so it might be coming... :)

I know, Might be a bit too soon but can't help myself: OVERALL THE BEST TACTIC I'VE TRIED SO FAR, and I've tried a fair bunch of those available here on the forum...

I score a lot of goals, but it's the defense that impress me the most. Most tactics have problem with the defense nowadays...

no don't need to select 1. just straight plug & play. i think this is over all better than fuss an Marcelo tweak. i did recommend marcelo b4 i test this

It deos rely quite heavily on the corner exploit though. Not to sure if it would work as well without it???
this is the settings. i find my centre backs don't get that many

liverpooltacticssetpiec.png

exploit if it was si would of changed it by now

Archived