[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

Obviously I misunderstood and used the 4-2-2-2 at first and couldn't understand why people were so impressed. But then I tried the 4-2-3-1 and it was alot better.

I have noted though that in the effective classic tactics lots of wierd things happen. All the players on both teams look drunk, make wierd choices and lots of ping pong football. However the opponments usually had more to drink :D

Its like the match engine struggle to make the correct choices. Like strikers through on goal one on one with the keeper deciding to pass the ball to the cornerflag instead of applying the finish. Only see stuff like that in classic mode tactics, and the wierd thing is it makes your opponments do crazy stuff like that too.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deos anyone find that away it isnt quite as good? At Home I reckon I could beat any team, but away I still win but not quite as good.

yes mate, I won the league with chelsea last year, but this year against any of the top 4/5 away its useless even at home against the bigger teams its a struggle, ive had to change tactics as my players are all saying the club is underachieving!!

been trying it with average with no specific focus

not bad for a newly promoted team

League Table

been doing really well find out here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294093-My-eyes-are-my-favorite-part-of-me.-Not-for-how-they-look-but-how-they-see.?p=7463890#post7463890

Having it on attacking movement, would you say that it makes your tactic's defence weaker?

With the 4-2-3-1 I've found that against teams that have full backs bombing forward then I struggled. To counter this I set the AML to man mark the DR and the AMR to man mark the DL. This stopped my fullbacks being overrun by 2 players :)

Thats a good idea, im going to try that! makes a lot of sense and I see this happening a lot

Having it on attacking movement, would you say that it makes your tactic's defence weaker?
not sure possible it could do, but that's why I suggested it on defensive pos in opening post!! My theory behind it most attacking formations/Tactics do leave you exposed at the back

4-2-3-1 Balista great tactic,very balanced between defence and attack(in the offensive way ) and is working well even for my norwich team.Amc doesnt score much but most important thing is that he gives many assists and is doing what an amc should do and same is for central striker.Team talks are extremely important this year from what i saw so if people will be carefull with team talks and players motivation this tactic can do the rest pushing his team to glory :).

First seasons after 20 games im 7th place with Norwich,

I just though I'd share my success with this tactic :) I'm PSV in the Dutch League, I started using the tactic in the second season.

2nd Season

- Won the Dutch Super Cup

- Won the Dutch Cup

- Won the League

- Got to the Semi-Finals of the CL (Beating Inter and Porto) - (I lost Real Madrid, who eventually won the CL, they are insane on my game and have won the league every year!)

3rd Season

- Won the Dutch Super

- Won the Dutch Cup

- Won the League ( 93 points ( 30 W 3 D 1 L)

- Got to the Semi-Finals of the CL Again. ( I beat Arsenal 8-2 on agg, also smashed CSKA Moscow 5-0 on agg)

4th Season (Current)

-Won the Dutch Super Cup

-Currently unbeaten in the league ( Only drawn 1)

- Currently in the 1st Knockout stage of the Cl, 1st leg away to Bayern Munich, drew 3-3; but I should of won. Waiting to play the Home leg....

This is a great Tactic!

- I have Match Prep on Attacking Movement- Low.

- I use Furious Training

My Team is now very good!

Gk- te Stegan

Dr- Timothy Chandler

Dc- Manoel

Dc- M'biwa

Dl- Gabriel Silva

Mc- Yann M'villa

mc- Marcus Henriksen

Amr- Zakira Labyad

Amc- Felipe Anderson

Aml- Marco Reus

St- Moussa Sow

Hoping to win the CL this year :)

This tactic is outrageous! I've been playing as Aldershot - my record since using the tactic

2013 L2 7th (lost in playoff)

2014 L2 1st

2015 L1 1st

2016 Champ 3rd (won in playoff)

2017 Prem 10th

2018 Prem 6th (& FAC)

2019 Prem 3rd (& Europa)

2020 Prem 1st (& ESC)

2021 Prem 1st - my goal difference was +103! (135/32) (& CS & LC & ECC)

2022 Prem 1st (& CS & ESC & CWC & LC & FA & ECC)

It also helps that in my 2nd season in the Prem I signed a Chilean striker (regen) that has scored 287 goals in 240 appearances for me!

This tactic is outrageous! I've been playing as Aldershot - my record since using the tactic

2013 L2 7th (lost in playoff)

2014 L2 1st

2015 L1 1st

2016 Champ 3rd (won in playoff)

2017 Prem 10th

2018 Prem 6th (& FAC)

2019 Prem 3rd (& Europa)

2020 Prem 1st (& ESC)

2021 Prem 1st - my goal difference was +103! (135/32) (& CS & LC & ECC)

2022 Prem 1st (& CS & ESC & CWC & LC & FA & ECC)

It also helps that in my 2nd season in the Prem I signed a Chilean striker (regen) that has scored 287 goals in 240 appearances for me!

Do you do any OIs??

@ swedishchef_uk

I did change quite a bit when I was in L2 & L1, but had some issues and went back to the original tactic, and things improved greatly.

The only other change I did (this was my 1st season in the Prem) was when my slow defence was getting ripped apart by quality strikers (eg Aguero) - I ended up NOT playing offside and setting the defensive line to DEEP - I still have it on that. I think the original tactics would be ok now as I have quality defenders, but I'm not changing a thing now.

With team talks, my ass-man always does the pre-match, at half time, I do them...

1 up - i know you can do better or don't get complacent (calm or passionate) or maybe keep it up if we're all over them.

2 up - keep it up (passionate or assertive)

drawing - i know you can do better (passionate) or if playing a rubbish team - not happy (aggresive)

losing - where's the passion or if playing a rubbish team - not happy (aggresive) if there's lots of sub 6.8's they get a rocket as well.

Obviously this would change if you are a lesser team against a big team, so you would generally be more forgiving.

It's not exact, it just depends on who we're playing, how we're playing, HT ratings etc, but that's a basic kind of guide.

Never use reluctant or cautious tones.

Only time I use the group talks is if my defence is having a shocker, and only use the individual ones to say "relax" if anyone has reacted badly to the team teamtalk

@ swedishchef_uk

I did change quite a bit when I was in L2 & L1, but had some issues and went back to the original tactic, and things improved greatly.

The only other change I did (this was my 1st season in the Prem) was when my slow defence was getting ripped apart by quality strikers (eg Aguero) - I ended up NOT playing offside and setting the defensive line to DEEP - I still have it on that. I think the original tactics would be ok now as I have quality defenders, but I'm not changing a thing now.

With team talks, my ass-man always does the pre-match, at half time, I do them...

1 up - i know you can do better or don't get complacent (calm or passionate) or maybe keep it up if we're all over them.

2 up - keep it up (passionate or assertive)

drawing - i know you can do better (passionate) or if playing a rubbish team - not happy (aggresive)

losing - where's the passion or if playing a rubbish team - not happy (aggresive) if there's lots of sub 6.8's they get a rocket as well.

Obviously this would change if you are a lesser team against a big team, so you would generally be more forgiving.

It's not exact, it just depends on who we're playing, how we're playing, HT ratings etc, but that's a basic kind of guide.

Never use reluctant or cautious tones.

Only time I use the group talks is if my defence is having a shocker, and only use the individual ones to say "relax" if anyone has reacted badly to the team teamtalk

how ùany click for defensive line ?

All the way to the left!

When I came 3rd in the Champ I let in 87.

My 1st season in the Prem I let in 96 goals!!

I made the offside & deep line changes during that 1st season & things improved in the 2nd season and I only let in 65.

Thing's have improved with better defenders & a brilliant keeper, so now it's down to 30ish

I am using the 4231 tactic and to good success.

However, 1 problem, on my preperation the formation seems to be stuck on akward, and not improving. I am in october too, so you would think it would be on at least competant.

Is this a bug? Problem with the tactic?

I am using the 4231 tactic and to good success.

However, 1 problem, on my preperation the formation seems to be stuck on akward, and not improving. I am in october too, so you would think it would be on at least competant.

Is this a bug? Problem with the tactic?

no mine goes fluid all the all, dont know what it could be sorry

no mine goes fluid all the all, dont know what it could be sorry

Very strange being as everything is on fluid.

Possibly a bug, once everything is fluid what do you do for MP?

Any OI?

Pitch size?

What are best 'type' of players?

If you could answer those, thank you very much pal.

@ marcelo, i had a fmthai downloading frenzy, dl about 6 tactics, some 442 4231 442wings, havnt had the chance to try any, 1 thing i noticed is they love the epl ans arsenal lol

From what I could understand, Qetesh said he thinks his 41122 Optimus scores more than his 4231 Balista, but I haven't tested yet, as I want to play with a 4231 for now.

From what I could understand, Qetesh said he thinks his 41122 Optimus scores more than his 4231 Balista, but I haven't tested yet, as I want to play with a 4231 for now.

yeah there's a best of 4231 v2 iv downloaded, i downloaded all the tactics that where hot and had most replies, it had the most or 2nd most

i think all these tactics they used attacking movement, max pitch, dont hold me to it, and maximum thanks to the guys of FM Thai, also i havnt had a chance to test any of these so im rather useless to you all now except for posting the links.

Archived