Offers you couldn't resist

If he was at the high end of his random PA scale then I wouldn't sell Anderson. Regens with a similar PA will never get there. In 2015 he should be in his prime. If I were you I would have hung on to him for another couple of years.

Unfortunately I've never had an offer too good to refuse as being with a 'lower' club means the chairman does that for me icon13.gificon8.gif

as the title says give as the offers you couldn't click decline

i 'll start with this

i was managing Man Utd and Anderson was a rock in the midfield but the offer was too good...

that offer is amazing. youd be crazy to turn it down. unless youve got all the finances you could ever need already

as the title says give as the offers you couldn't click decline

i 'll start with this

i was managing Man Utd and Anderson was a rock in the midfield but the offer was too good...

Thats a great deal. Oddly, the best offer I couldn't resist isn't anything major but...

I signed an Irish ST on a free transfer aged 16. He was valued around £30,000-£40,000 throughout his career with me. He never once played for my first team, and spent 7 seasons in my reserves. Age 23 A club in the same division as me offered me £450,000 + 50% of next fee. I couldn't believe it. The guy was absolute piff :D - I accepted, quickly, before the AI realized it made an error.

about 18 months later, in the Jan Transfer window, I get the message

"Chimney Corner Receive £1,200,000 as part of the deal with ..(don't remember)."

They sold him on for £2,400,000..!! I was stunned. He never made it into any of the first teams of any club, yet had these massive transfer fees. Brilliant.

In FM 06 I recived 80 m euros for David Trezeguet from Real Madrid... They first offered 40 m but I didn't want to sell so I just banged 80 m and they agreed to it :)

And than I had to call my good friend to ask him for advice on selling him... I did and then bought van nistelrooy which what practically the same and earned about 50 m :)

IIRC there was one FM game where you could put £100,000,000 on every "extra" thing. (12 months, after 1 goals, after 1 international goals etc) and the AI never picked it up, so you could cheat to get all the cash and make everyone bankrupt :D

Arsenal offered me 60m for Cristiano Ronaldo and he wanted to go so I accepted. It was in the January transfer window so he was cup tied for all cups and then in next season he got a long term injury so he only played about 20 games in 1 and a half seasons for them. I replaced him with Aaron Lennon who cost about 10m I think and the following season with Gai Assulin on a free transfer and in this game Assullin has been at least as good as Ronaldo if not better.

Roma offered me (Werder Bremen) £17.5 million form Ciprian Marica whom I had signed for £8 million the previous summer and who had hit 41 goals in 42 games for us during the season. Partly because they were one of his favoured clubs and I didn't want an unhappy striker I accepted the bid thinking I could easily replace him because it was my tactic with the AMCs providing ammunition for a lone striker, meaning that any one of a number of good strikers could fill the role...boy was I wrong. I ended up spending the whole £17.5 million on a total muppet (Mario Gomez) who netted goals sporadically, but was woefully inconsistent. I was so incensed I almost gave him mutual termination just 6 months later, but took control of myself and sold him to Betis for a knock-down £9 million instead!

They may not sound like much but i sold stephen brogan for £200,000 and a %50 future transfer thing for rotherham so with that money i could buy basically a full team. i also sold chris o grady for £200,000 and he is the worst player irl i have ever seen

I've had a few offers for players that were too good to to turn down but the one thing that really had me stumped was actually an offer from another club which in the end was too good to turn down.

I was playing a carrer game and had started off with Darlington. I managed to get them to The Championship before being offered the manager job at a struggling Sevilla who had only old players left and who were languishing near the foot of the table. I took the Sevilla job and spent the first season buying some players and getting a safe mid-table position. By the end of season two I'd started to put a really exciting squad together and had made the Champions League. I was really enjoying the Sevilla game and was very much looking forward to seeing the players I'd bought performing next season when Inter offered me the job as their manager. I had no intention of leaving Sevilla but when I looked at the offer it included a transfer budget of over £200m!!

So because of that it was too good to turn down and I moved on.

I managed to offload Darren Fletcher for £22,000,000 to AC Milan. I mean, come on, who would bid £5,000,000 for him, never mind over 20.

I was offered the Man utd job in I think the 2012/13 season and the first thing I was faced with was a £22m offer for 29 year old Tevez, and £50m for 27 year old Rooney.

I wasn't greatly impressed by Tevez when seeing him in a friendly or two so I let him go and Rooney, although more apprahensive, I had to let go for that fee.

Using the £72m as well as my budget I bought Micah Richards for £35m, Jurijs Baumanis (regen I think) for £35m, Niklas Bendtner for £29m and Roysten Drenthe for £14m- All at peak or young ages. Not a bad deal for me I thought.

If he was at the high end of his random PA scale then I wouldn't sell Anderson. Regens with a similar PA will never get there. In 2015 he should be in his prime. If I were you I would have hung on to him for another couple of years.

Unfortunately I've never had an offer too good to refuse as being with a 'lower' club means the chairman does that for me icon13.gificon8.gif

i actually moved moutinho at the first team spot to cover for anderson. Moutinho was at great form at that time and finished the season with good stats (10 goals, 13 assists, 7,31 av. r., in 42 games).

Anyway i would have said no to that offer if my finances weren't insecure

sorry for the double post but i need some advice

Its the same game a year after, i got this offer.

the offer is great but as its 2 days before the transfer window closes i don't think i can replace Aguero

the offer is great but as its 2 days before the transfer window closes i don't think i can replace Aguero

if it is only 2 days before the transfer window, the proceedings speed up e.g players will make decisions quicker on contracts same with clubs considering offers

Best deal I had was in my current long term Arsenal save, think I sld Hleb to make way for Wijnaldum who developed really well by 19-20, played him ina few pre-seasons games and man u and I managed to negotiate bid £20 mil up front, £20 mil after 1 int cap and 50% sell on clause with a £30mil buy back I think it was. I waited until January let him have his one cap and bought him back. Nice profit and he got some first team football for 6 months at a tob club.

I've never received stupendous offers but if I did, I would reject them.

I figure why sell someone so I can buy a few great players who may or may not flop if I already have a world class player in this position and great players in others positions? The buying club are the one who win in the deal because they get who they want at a price they choose, whilst I would now have to do the work of finding a player to rpelace him. After a couple of buys I'll still have £15,000,000, but is £15m worth it?

RESIIIST! All of you! :p

It's all well and good saying resist but an unhappy player can cause mayhem with your teams form and performances. In some cases it's much better to get a rediculously high price for them and buy a replacement who does want to play for you.

Well now you're talking about other factors like unhappiness. I'm just talking about when you get a huge offer for a player who isn't old or unhappy.

In that case I agree with you. I never sell a player I really want, regardless of the price offered. I'll only sell them if they are unhappy, old or I have a young player who could possibly go on and be better than them if he's given the chance.

If I don't already have a better or equal replacement in mind I won't sell them for any other reason.

Some people might of rejected this, but i got offered £45m for Fabregas and sold him. He was 27 years old and i was looking to bring the younger players through to the first team.

Instead of apologising just use the edit button :S

I was manager of Fenerbahce had just won the champs league , the domestic league became boring after 6 titles in 7 seasons (5 in a row) was getting paid £16,000 p/w .

Arsenal offered me a new challenge with £200,000 p/w and £105,000,000 transfer budget .

IRL I dislike Arsenal but on the game i'll use them and there money as a stepping stone to Real Madrid or Barcelona

In the FM08, playing as Birmingham City in season 2, Chelsea offered £50 million for Muamba (installments over 24 months).

The board accepted on my behalf, but I would have been hard pushed to have rejected it to be honest.

He was also a wonderkid at the time and my best player, but the money did come in handy on route to my world domination :D

Playing as Sunderland and had 30mil transfer kitty when UTD offered 20mil for Vagner Love(2010/2011 top scorer europe 37 leauge goals) I upped it to 35mil to put them off and they came back in immediately. Took the 35mil and bought rooney for 55mil..Result?

Archived