Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic FM2012

I have Decided to call this Tactic the ‘Swarm’ Tactic because that’s what it does to the opposition swarms there 30 yard area with some of the best attacking play I have ever created in a tactic, Seriously it’s beautiful to watch

A lot of you that follow my thread will already know that I have had some problems with the Defence of this particular tactic and the fact that I have ‘Rebuilt’ the tactic in the TC on purpose so I can use the ‘Rigid’ Philosophy, This Philosophy is key to the tactic staying in shape and it being as stable as possible in defence.

I have tested this tactic in English Leagues only, With Tottenham Middlesbrough and Lastly Huddersfield, I have had success with all of the Tests going unbeaten in all 3 tests ranging from 18 games to 10 games on each test

I would suggest in having fast defenders, I know that’s given but it does help if they can cover ground quickly

The 2 midfield positions are key to the tactic being stable I honestly think – You can if you want move the CM’s into the DM position, This will not take anything away from the attacking play but It will stop the CM’s going forward hence making the tactic more stable at the back because of the cover the DM’s will provide, you could have 1 DM and 1 CM or you could just leave it as it is. If I where to give some advice about this though is that look at the opposition if you feel that you might need the extra cover in midfield move both back if your not sure move 1 back or if you think that you will OK and win comfortably leave it as is, The CM’s being left in the position will provide added attacking options for the wingers and strikers but use it wisely, Other good attacking teams can counter that’s why I suggest you asses the situation first.

Wingers and Strikers have blown me away, From top players that Tottenham posses to the not so skilled players of Middlesbrough and Huddersfield, They play with the same attacking intent that is a joy to watch but even better to know that I have created this attacking play that seems to go with each team I manage which is brilliant for you as you lot seem to manage all sorts of different teams.

I have set up corners with them in swinging into the near post for the left central defender to attack the ball at the near post

I have set my Match Prep High with Focus on Team Work

I haven’t been using any Training just the default one

Team talks I have been leaving to my Assistant Manager

Pitch Size is Medium

Don’t use Opposition Instructions

I am over the moon with this tactic and i really don't think i could make it any better

Don't forget to Add me on Facebook, I'm on alot and generally help people out problems http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=723618006

Here is the all important download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uyq47qbyl4l3yzw

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20944398/Mr+Hough+Swarm+Tactic+FM2012+%28Huddersfield%2C+Sep+2011%29.tac

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/89344184/file.html

All comments positive/Negative welcome

Dave

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have Decided to call this Tactic the ‘Swarm’ Tactic because that’s what it does to the opposition swarms there 30 yard area with some of the best attacking play I have ever created in a tactic, Seriously it’s beautiful to watch

A lot of you that follow my thread will already know that I have had some problems with the Defence of this particular tactic and the fact that I have ‘Rebuilt’ the tactic in the TC on purpose so I can use the ‘Rigid’ Philosophy, This Philosophy is key to the tactic staying in shape and it being as stable as possible in defence.

I have tested this tactic in English Leagues only, With Tottenham Middlesbrough and Lastly Huddersfield, I have had success with all of the Tests going unbeaten in all 3 tests ranging from 18 games to 10 games on each test

I would suggest in having fast defenders, I know that’s given but it does help if they can cover ground quickly

The 2 midfield positions are key to the tactic being stable I honestly think – You can if you want move the CM’s into the DM position, This will not take anything away from the attacking play but It will stop the CM’s going forward hence making the tactic more stable at the back because of the cover the DM’s will provide, you could have 1 DM and 1 CM or you could just leave it as it is. If I where to give some advice about this though is that look at the opposition if you feel that you might need the extra cover in midfield move both back if your not sure move 1 back or if you think that you will OK and win comfortably leave it as is, The CM’s being left in the position will provide added attacking options for the wingers and strikers but use it wisely, Other good attacking teams can counter that’s why I suggest you asses the situation first.

Wingers and Strikers have blown me away, From top players that Tottenham posses to the not so skilled players of Middlesbrough and Huddersfield, They play with the same attacking intent that is a joy to watch but even better to know that I have created this attacking play that seems to go with each team I manage which is brilliant for you as you lot seem to manage all sorts of different teams.

I have set up corners with them in swinging into the near post for the left central defender to attack the ball at the near post

I have set my Match Prep High with Focus on Team Work

I haven’t been using any Training just the default one

Team talks I have been leaving to my Assistant Manager

Pitch Size is Medium

Don’t use Opposition Instructions

I am over the moon with this tactic and i really don't think i could make it any better

Don't forget to Add me on Facebook, I'm on alot and generally help people out problems http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=723618006

Here is the all important download link. http://www.mediafire.com/?uyq47qbyl4l3yzw

All comments positive/Negative welcome

Dave

upload to another site plz mate im gonna try this with stoke city cheers.

Mr. Hough one question.

If i choose to use always DM's instead of CM's will it be as succesfull as you describe?

Thanks for your hard work!

Yeah absolutly, It just makes the tactic more stable thats all, I prefer 2 DM's to be honest

what i understand is that u rebuilt the tactic in the TC, but the tactic is classic, i misunderstood you or? :p

I already had the tactic as very fluid which is the Philosophy i always use but i realised that my players where going too gung ho no matter what i tried so i decided to make the same formation in the TC but use the Rigid Philosophy and then convert it to classic once i did that, I then changed all the player instructions from the very fluid tactic over to the Rigid one.

The Philosophy is the one of the only things you can't change in the classic mode that's why i had to do this.

Ill just add that my right winger Albrighton scored 6 of the goals. Im assuming wingers will score a lot?

Yeah, Wingers Strikers and The left Central defender will score most of the goals with the midfielders adding a few depending on what attributes they have

Hi Hough, glad to see this out. Thanks for the chat in the previous thread btw, always useful to run ideas past somebody else that knows what they're doing :)

I'm glad to say that our tactics are similar in places and also completely different in others :) not to mention using a different formation.

Really interested to see you using the offside trap - I've hated it in previous FM's and didn't even give it a though in FM12....hows it working for you compared without?

OK you mentioned wingers so im assuming no inverted foot and no cutin in for the wingers. Also as far as strikers the ussual powerhouses with finishing should do the job ? Any specific Left Foot Right Food Setup ? im playing Villa with Bent,sturridge,doumbia up front. u think bent doumbia ?

Hey Dave

Really good tactic, I'm Blackburn and was in 18th. Once I started the tactic first few games still loses but once they started getting used to tactic, Im now up to 8th. Got stonger playes coming in Jan Carlton Cole to parter Yakubu, should work a treat. Anyone well done, great tactic

then i go away to norwich with the 2 DMC and half time 12 shots to my 3. change to MC end of game 14 shots to 13 in my favour, 0-0 though!

Thats why i suggested looking at the opposition, If you feel they are stronger than you use the 2 DM positions similar or your stronger use the CM's

Dave, do you get many goals from MC position esp more attacking one?

Yeah but it all depends on the players ability and attributes, If you have a MC that has good long shots finishing first touch technique then he will probably have a few shots but if you don't then it's unlikely really

I have tested this formation over the same 5 games with blackburn.

I have tested it with 2 dmc, 1 dmc, and 2 mc.

My conclusion has to that it is a good formation but if people are expecting this to be the plug and play success of previous mr Hough tactics will find that this formation is definitively not as good as those in previous FM's

there are currently better plug and play formations out there.

I have tested this formation over the same 5 games with blackburn.

I have tested it with 2 dmc, 1 dmc, and 2 mc.

My conclusion has to that it is a good formation but if people are expecting this to be the plug and play success of previous mr Hough tactics will find that this formation is definitively not as good as those in previous FM's

there are currently better plug and play formations out there.

Hi viper wich formations are better than this?

Hough can you suggest an example of the type of player you played in the left and right striker positions? I was thinking maybe cavani on the left tevez on the right?

Also im guessing you took inspiration from your tombstone piledriver tactic? as the familiarity levels barely changed for me and some of the settings look similar.

Archived