Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic FM2012

Mr Hough, did you find some problems in the Match Engine on FM 12 similar from FM 11?

Next question is - Are you convinced that your can manage to make domination tactic like in FM 10 (AVD MOD - Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version).

Thank you, for getting Football Manager to the next level with you tactics!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Hough, did you find some problems in the Match Engine on FM 12 similar from FM 11?

Next question is - Are you convinced that your can manage to make domination tactic like in FM 10 (AVD MOD - Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version).

Thank you, for getting Football Manager to the next level with you tactics!

I don't know why people are having problems. Dave how is the original tactic doing for you now because I have just stuffed Arsenal in the FA Cup final 3-1 with Derby in season 1 after kncoocking out Liverpool in the QF and Chelsea in the SF and I won the championship by 27 points and I have changed nothing.

Not at all! I don't have problem right now. But my game is with Real Madrid, so top squad, not a real test for tactic. :)

I'm just curious, what's on his mind....

I have just finished season 1 and next season will be a massive test, first season in prem with Derby and also in the europa league and I wont be signing alot of players first season up, if this squad can win the FA Cup beating full strength Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal teams then I wont be changing it to much. It will be tommorow when I play that though as I have to go out now.

they say that they dont have any effect on the me but i have had to change my tactic 4 times now...so im guessing somehow they are having a slight effect :s

Has it affected your new tactic at all mr hough?

I seem to be getting somewhere then bam, it's gone, Nightmare

I am season 1 with Leeds , I play the swarm tactic away with 2 dmcs and at home play Viperblade v2.0 soI can vary the tactics -10 pts clear at the top of the league and beat Bolton in league cup final so really impressed, promotion on the cards so see how these tactics do mixed in with the big boys

I have finally got a good balance, It's took me like 2 whole days to get this but i am happy with what i have got at the minute and i will look at releasing the tactic towards the end of the week after more testing

cheers hough, good work there. Make sure you test it on top teams aswell not just average to lower rep teams. I hate when people say any tactic can work with united/arsenal/chelsea cause there is a difference between the tactic working well and players just displaying individual bits of skill.

Also, do you mean by sunday?

cheers hough, good work there. Make sure you test it on top teams aswell not just average to lower rep teams. I hate when people say any tactic can work with united/arsenal/chelsea cause there is a difference between the tactic working well and players just displaying individual bits of skill.

Also, do you mean by sunday?

Well i have been testing with tottenham and i had already saved my game prior to playing Liverpool so set that game as a benchmark for me, I began testing out different closing down and mentality settings but none was really working then out of the blue it seemed to click in place and my midfield won't getting over run, My defence started to act like i wanted them to then all i needed to do is focus on the attack.

I set the 2 strikers up differently, One as a poacher timing his runs and one as a out and out striker, I began playing some games and was watching both strikers scoring rate and also there link with each other, To me is seems like the poacher striker is better, The striker who look to run in behind the Defence and latch onto through balls, I have also lowed there mentality because i have my wingers cutting inside so they are eating up alot of space around the 20-25 yard area, If my strikers aren't on a high mentality they can be a little deeper and as the winger cuts inside he releases the through ball onto the striker who because he is 10 yards deeper has time and in most cases space to either pick his spot or blast the ball depending on what his PPM's are.

End of Lesson!

Well i have been testing with tottenham and i had already saved my game prior to playing Liverpool so set that game as a benchmark for me, I began testing out different closing down and mentality settings but none was really working then out of the blue it seemed to click in place and my midfield won't getting over run, My defence started to act like i wanted them to then all i needed to do is focus on the attack.

I set the 2 strikers up differently, One as a poacher timing his runs and one as a out and out striker, I began playing some games and was watching both strikers scoring rate and also there link with each other, To me is seems like the poacher striker is better, The striker who look to run in behind the Defence and latch onto through balls, I have also lowed there mentality because i have my wingers cutting inside so they are eating up alot of space around the 20-25 yard area, If my strikers aren't on a high mentality they can be a little deeper and as the winger cuts inside he releases the through ball onto the striker who because he is 10 yards deeper has time and in most cases space to either pick his spot or blast the ball depending on what his PPM's are.

End of Lesson!

Thats interesting what you have done there actually. Your striker setup differs from conventional tactics whereby you get the hernandez poacher role next to the rooney deep lying forward who sets up the poacher, and if good enough will get a few goals himself. I like the sound of your setup though. It sounds like you are utilizing two types of poachers. The Hernandez type who just primarily focuses on scoring goals and a david villa/benzema type poacher who plays further back behind the defensive line getting in among the play, taking advantage of his roam allowance before making late runs onto balls (as opposed to the early runs from the hernandez role)

Anyway i think this is what you mean. Either way, crack on and good luck.

Hopefully by the end of the week, I'm having a hard time tweaking it as it's the midfield and defence that are giving me the most chew

Having huge success with a modified version of your winger tactic from last year. Scoring goals galore. I am sure you will get it spot on as usual :)

Donhughberto tactic has his own thread mr hough. It's called tackliller I believe. I have read the thread but not tested his version yet.

Oh yes i know which one you mean, I haven't tested it either, I am concentrating on my own tactics before i give others a whirl

Oh yes i know which one you mean, I haven't tested it either, I am concentrating on my own tactics before i give others a whirl

I sent you link in PM. In theory, it is mosly your tactic from fm2011 m8. I do not hide this. I just tweaked it. The defence for away games against big teams needs a bit of tweaking but goals are flying in. I used your tactic last year and i dominated so the second you release i test hehe.

Hey Mr Hough, I see you like the name Swarm for a tactic? My El Tel Swarm tactic for FM some versions ago now was a great tactic. Do you recall it? Any similarities in tactic itselsf other than just the name? :)

PS I am geneticdeviant, had to change my username as had login issues

4th Patch in a week, It's proving impossible to make a solid tactic, What the hell are SI doing!
But these patches don't change the ME?
are you sure?
they say that they dont have any effect on the me but i have had to change my tactic 4 times now...so im guessing somehow they are having a slight effect :s

Has it affected your new tactic at all mr hough?

Hough, have you noticed the new 12.0.4 patch affect your tactic at all?

yes got mentioned from post 158

Hey Mr Hough, I see you like the name Swarm for a tactic? My El Tel Swarm tactic for FM some versions ago now was a great tactic. Do you recall it? Any similarities in tactic itselsf other than just the name? :)

PS I am geneticdeviant, had to change my username as had login issues

None other than the name, I named it that because the attack just 'swarms' over the opposition defence, Hence the name

Seriously Dave and others.You all should try Donhugberto tactics.It's very impressive.I used it with my Sevilla. Until now i've played 20 games, it unbeaten.WOW!!

My tactic is like 70% of Daves work anyway. I would love Dave to take a look at defence and plug some gaps. I am glad you like it but you have to give Dave most of the credit for that tactic. I only put it up cause it worked so well hehe.

Is the formation stays the same just with small tweaking or the formation has been changed totally ?

No it's a 4-1-1-2-2 i have had to drop and CM into the DM position but he gives me the stability i need there with the settings i have at the minute.

I am doing my last tests now over 3 sides, Blackburn Napoli and Valencia, I have already tested out lower league with Huddersfield so this is my final test and then i'll release the tactic.

Hey when your finish your test with blackburn could you let me know how you did in the league?

I did half a Season on holiday with my Assistant taking control of team, Team Talks Etc, I was 7th on January the 1st so i am doing it myself for half a season to see where i come.

I did half a Season on holiday with my Assistant taking control of team, Team Talks Etc, I was 7th on January the 1st so i am doing it myself for half a season to see where i come.

Id personally say 7th at january with your assistant is pretty decent with blackburn. Managing the side yourself you would definitely have picked up a few more points so could even be pushing top 4.

Glad to hear you have kept 1 CM in there. There are so many good CM its a shame not to have a tactic that uses one

Finding the defence to be a bit leaky with Tottenham, scoring goals for fun though, anyway of tightening up the defence without losing the attacking part of the tactic?

I believe Dave is aware of that issue and tweaking is current tactic he is working ATM.

I believe Dave is aware of that issue and tweaking is current tactic he is working ATM.

Lovely stuff. To be honest, i'm still right in the mix for the League title. There is Spurs, United, City and Liverpool seperated by 2 points, but City have conceded 6 goals in 20 games, i've conceded 35 :s

Archived