Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic FM2012

Hey Dave

Really good tactic, I'm Blackburn and was in 18th. Once I started the tactic first few games still loses but once they started getting used to tactic, Im now up to 8th. Got stonger playes coming in Jan Carlton Cole to parter Yakubu, should work a treat. Anyone well done, great tactic

You mentioned stronger players and Carlton Cole?!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heinz make beans... Hellmans make mayonnaise... And Mr Hough makes tactics! Absolutely fantastic tactic as always, just spanked Young Boys 9-0 with 10 men on my Leeds save using good (7th Predicted), but not world class players! Followed by pounding Chelsea 5-2 at home. Only just picked my jaw up from the floor.

Regards.

Hey Mr hough!!

I give it a try when i'm at home.

I manage FC Dordrecht (5th season) dutch league (still my demo game, now with full game patch 12.0.3)

1st season promoted to the Eredivisie finished 1st media prediction 14th tactic: your Undertaker Tombstone piledriver 11.2 tactic

2nd season media prediction 18th finished 14th tactic: combination of undertaker tombstone piledriver and knap demo tactic

3rd season media preditction 17th finished 13th winner FA cup (KNVB BEKER) tactic: Knap Demo tactic/ Knap MU tactic

4rd season media prediction 16th finished 9th tactic: Knap MU tactic.

5th season (still playing) after 4 matches i'm at the first place, also with the Knap MU tactic. I give your tactic 10 matches, let you know the results.

question: My team is still a average/ lower league team, should I play with 2 CM's? or 2 dmc's? Or 1 dmc?

And how to hold a lead? both cm's to dmc and time wasting to max?

thanks

I have been looking at other Teams and the way they play against the tactic and what seems to work the best is that if you are playing teams of similar nature of teams that are better than you use 2 DM's If you are playing teams that are lower than you use either 1 CM and 1 DM or just 2 CM's.

I am playing as chelsea and recently had a friendly against Juventus, I started off with 2 CM's playing and at half time the score was 2-2, I changed to 2 DM's and i won 5-2 and they only had 3 more shots in that half.

Try it see if it works for you

Dave testing with Forest Green second season in League Two. Im sitting 2nd after 8 games. But Ive conceded the second most amount of goals.!!! :s

Great attacking wise, but extremely leaky at the back

Try moving the MC's back to DM position, That will shore up defence

I have been looking at other Teams and the way they play against the tactic and what seems to work the best is that if you are playing teams of similar nature of teams that are better than you use 2 DM's If you are playing teams that are lower than you use either 1 CM and 1 DM or just 2 CM's.

I am playing as chelsea and recently had a friendly against Juventus, I started off with 2 CM's playing and at half time the score was 2-2, I changed to 2 DM's and i won 5-2 and they only had 3 more shots in that half.

Try it see if it works for you

When playing with a CM and DM would you put one DM directly behind a CM or have a DMCR and MCL? Cheers.

When playing with a CM and DM would you put one DM directly behind a CM or have a DMCR and MCL? Cheers.

If i was moving just one down i would move the right CM down the the DM position like you have said he would be in this position, DMCR

Mr.Hough. Im not really creating all the ccc's which you seemed to have when you were in your testing phase. So, as you suggested i have moved the cms about. I have placed the right cm as my dmr and left my left cm as cml.

Other than that i will just wait for the familiarity bars to fill up :)

Well im using this tact and im loving , best 442 in the forum and another sites , i tested a lot belive me..

I tested till the tact reachs max all and this is for sure the best one.

Im using 2 all around MCs on SLbenfica and im in january and have 2 Ties on the League and the rest is all wons. On Champ League pass in 2º on the group only lose to Arsenal Away , Get CSKA on next fase and kick his ass with 4-1 then lose 0-2 there . Im in the Cup semi final and on the CupLeague im in the Final.

One stuff i have see on this tactic is away he won nice to , i have won to FCPorto away 0-2 without any problem :)

Nice tactic.

Mr.Hough. Im not really creating all the ccc's which you seemed to have when you were in your testing phase. So, as you suggested i have moved the cms about. I have placed the right cm as my dmr and left my left cm as cml.

Other than that i will just wait for the familiarity bars to fill up :)

That's one slight disadvantage of being in the Rigid Philosophy, It helps the defence though which was my main concern as i knew this tactic would score and create goals, Maybe not as many as a Very Fluid Philosophy but enough goals to satisfy me

That's one slight disadvantage of being in the Rigid Philosophy, It helps the defence though which was my main concern as i knew this tactic would score and create goals, Maybe not as many as a Very Fluid Philosophy but enough goals to satisfy me

hmm okay, im still not convinced. You can see how the rigid structure affects the tactics as the front four barely play off each other unless they have run into a man and have to send it out wide. Most of my goals are coming from individual pieces of skill to get past the player, long shots, corners and freekicks. Still going to crack on though as tactics only get better with time. Going to move both cm's to dm now to draw the opposition onto me, hopefully that will make the front four a bit more effective.

hmm okay, im still not convinced. You can see how the rigid structure affects the tactics as the front four barely play off each other unless they have run into a man and have to send it out wide. Most of my goals are coming from individual pieces of skill to get past the player, long shots, corners and freekicks. Still going to crack on though as tactics only get better with time. Going to move both cm's to dm now to draw the opposition onto me, hopefully that will make the front four a bit more effective.

I'm gonna look at a few different things too mate

I have to agree played 20 plus matches now (I even watched one in full to see where the problems are) the rigidness is great for the defence but there is a huge amount of problem further forward from this.

When you Defence clears the ball from a long kick out from the opposition if the ball does not go directly to one of you players they dont seem to make an effort to move to the ball that is slightly out of there area this is the case with 2 Dmc's or one

About 70% of opposition chances come from clearances that you midfield do not go after.

All the goals you score are from individual bit of skill and when you main men have an off day it makes it very tough to win.

I would try to keep that rigidness at the back and try to make the play in midfied and upfront more fluid i am not at all convinced be the shape of the side just yet.

I am in november with my first save (As Roma). It looks as a very stable tattic, especially the defensive part which is very good since that has always been the weak point in tattics creation. The main problem i am encountering is the attack phase. I don't score that easilly and the number of chances compared to my ball possesion are sometimes low. So far i am second in seria A which is good (won with Juventus away 2-1, lost away to Inter 1-0) but got some strange results as draws with low league teams due to poor attack. I play with 2 DCM, i tend to bring one or both up only if i have to recover the result.

Over the moon that you've decided to create another tactic for this years FM. I've been using a few tactics from other users and whilst I won't criticise their work as its certainly better than anything I could produce, the defence always seems to be a problem. Will give it a go on my current save and post some results!

Hey dave

Tested your tactic in a save in the second greek division, to just let you know the highest stat of anyone ranges in the 11's :). Using a staggered CM/DM combination ensuring the cms best foot is on the inside so right footed -- Left Side.

I would post SS but right now im in the office, 18 matches in 17 wins 1 loss, was projected second from last. So bloody wonderful results. But what has amazed me, is the sheer beauty of soccer my players play. congrats

@ViperBlade

M8 i would suggest checking to make sure the team, fits the criteria, i can tell you that with two mediocre/good fast wingers, Scott Sinclair and Zogbia and with bent and sturridge. U will need a creative midfielder or a DLM if u like to play with DMs, what i like to do is have a very creative player like Marvin Martin and a defensive midfielder with decent passing in the model of De Rossi. of course speedy defenders help, some cheap options include Avraam Papadopoulos from Olympiakos, Bassong, Dominguez Alvaro. By cheap options im refering from 5-15 milliion [amounts that any of the top 13-14 teams in premier can pay with 48 months right at beginning]

Thanks or the tactic mr hough i used your old tactic's all the time in my previous versions, i did what you have said in the previous posts, about 1 dm or 2 dm or two cm ,i also pulled one of the strikers back when i dropped the two cm into the dm position so it became a 4-2-3 1 formation with great results, its just a matter of judging your opponents as you say, its just another option to try.

Hi Hough!

Just a couple of questions;

You said the RST is the creative one, will this mean i can play a target man there? Someone like a Crouch, Zigic. Or would it need to be someone like a RvP?

Are your wide midfielders inside forwards or just normal wingers?

Thanks man. :D

I did some tweak that no one mention. Put MCR into DMCR position, left MCL on his position and remove barrows to both of them. Some things can happen like this one:

vswerder.jpg

And i´m not Werder.

:applause:

Just beat Wolfsburg 8-0 with Bayern. Also beat Udinese 6-1 away from home.

Hi Hough!

Just a couple of questions;

You said the RST is the creative one, will this mean i can play a target man there? Someone like a Crouch, Zigic. Or would it need to be someone like a RvP?

Are your wide midfielders inside forwards or just normal wingers?

Thanks man. :D

More like crouch for the right striker, normal wingers is good they get alot of crosses in

Hey Mr Hough, Is it okay if I post my own tactic based on the defence that operates in this tactic basically i have changed the orders of the front five and kept you defence?

Do you have much success doing this? I altered one of Daves from last year and works better for me, interested to try your upload!

I am working on a more attacking version and i expect it out either tomorrow or wednesday at the latest.

That way if people want to be more attacking they can use this version if you already like the tactic as it is then stick with the one that is already released

I am working on a more attacking version and i expect it out either tomorrow or wednesday at the latest.

That way if people want to be more attacking they can use this version if you already like the tactic as it is then stick with the one that is already released

You should be knighted and sainthood into mix lol. Seriously where do you find the time?

Cheers Hough. Your work is much appreciated.

hey Mr hough, ive tested your tactic out and i have mixed feelings about it. i think its better than what i had for sure because it has a mix of both but there just isnt that BOOMF in it. i was hoping for something like your fm11 4-1-2-3 tactic were it would just rip it up, but i cant fault it and i really do appreciate the effort you put into making tactics. here is my results

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/resultsz.jpg/

4th season in and weirdly enough i got promoted with ur old 4-1-2-3 tactic in the first season <3 but it failed in the prem. will you be making a 4-1-2-3 in this version ?? :)

hey Mr hough, ive tested your tactic out and i have mixed feelings about it. i think its better than what i had for sure because it has a mix of both but there just isnt that BOOMF in it. i was hoping for something like your fm11 4-1-2-3 tactic were it would just rip it up, but i cant fault it and i really do appreciate the effort you put into making tactics. here is my results

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/resultsz.jpg/

4th season in and weirdly enough i got promoted with ur old 4-1-2-3 tactic in the first season <3 but it failed in the prem. will you be making a 4-1-2-3 in this version ?? :)

Ok well thanks for your Honesty, I will be making a new 4-1-2-3 tactic aswell at some point

thanks mr hough...definitely find your formations to be spot on most times.

this one is definitely taking me leeds team a little to get into the swing of things with. though they have a very slow defence.

wondering is anyone having succes with corners with this formation. i was using your last one from 11...but since changed not one corner scored.

thanks mr hough...definitely find your formations to be spot on most times.

this one is definitely taking me leeds team a little to get into the swing of things with. though they have a very slow defence.

wondering is anyone having succes with corners with this formation. i was using your last one from 11...but since changed not one corner scored.

old corner trick works but kinda like cheating, best header near post, two full backs stay back, and everyone else lurk, corner aim near post, works a charm. But this is a huge bug continued into 2012

Yeah no worries

Okay Think I have this tactic working the best I can I have edited the attacking players, set pieces and some of the team instructions i am using blackburn and have only tested it over ten games so far.

My goal was to make the attacking play more fluid and for the central midfielders to operate more efficiently

See link to tactic below.

- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283923-The-Viper-Mull-Tactic

Seems like a very promising tactic.

Playing with Liverpool and counting the friendlies ive played 12 games so far. 9 wins and 3 draws. Cant really figure out if i should to go 2 MCs or 2 DMs. For instance, started with 2 DMs away to WBA and they owned me. Changed to 2 CMs and got a lucky draw. The match before i did the same thing and won away to QPR 5-0..

Just played City at home, starting with 2 DMs and they produced 24 shots against my 12, and i won the game 6-0! Seems a bit random this game, but the results have been good so far.

So far it seems my team is being a bit inconsistant, but im not sure if that is the team or the tatic. i beat blackburn 4-0 at home and then chelsea 2-0 away but then lost 1-0 to Norwich away!! It might be that my back up players a bit pants and if you dont have the right people it seems to not work as well. ill keep trying but i might move the CM's about and maybe take off the barrow lines and see if that makes a difference. It might work better for me with a CM and DMC set in place to give more support to the back four. First seasons are never the best for me as i find it takes a while to get the right players in and get the correct balance sorted and for the attributes to go up on the players. Look forward to Mr hough tweaks if he makes any an hopefully maybe a few defensive tweaks to shore up the back.

PS BTW Mr Hough loved you 4-3-3 tatic in FM10, absolutely dominated with that one!

Archived