Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic FM2012

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and everyone, Im new to this.

Iv downloaded the tactic and inported it to my saved game but my question is, do i just pick my team with that tactic or do I have to tweak or use any specific instructions to them? Sorry Iv never done anything like this.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

I thought the same thing but using both now. Dave always gets it spot on.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong at all with using another tactic as the ground work and then putting in a lot of work on top (as Dave always does), but Vodu should get a little mention as a few position have some of his new ideas that none of us were trying yet (wingers move into channels, 1 creative freedom, fullback settings).

I'm impressed, and thus have a story to share :p

My Anji team got into Champions League with FC Porto, Sevilla and Schalke in group. Group of death? Kinda, yes. So, my results went like this:

vs Schalke 1:0

vs Sevilla 0:2

vs Porto 0:3 2:3

Looks bad, right? Well, before the final 2 games against Schalke and Sevilla, I still had a chance to get promoted: I simply had to win both games. I switched to this tactic and thus started my fight for survival (figured I don't have much to lose honestly).

So first I beat Schalke 3:1, and Porto wins against Sevilla 3:0 (lucky for me). So I had the same amount of points as Sevilla, but was 3rd since I lost our previous game. Guess what happened?

I beat them effing 6:1. LOL.

Pure class, Mr Hough.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong at all with using another tactic as the ground work and then putting in a lot of work on top (as Dave always does), but Vodu should get a little mention as a few position have some of his new ideas that none of us were trying yet (wingers move into channels, 1 creative freedom, fullback settings).

Vodu tactic is simply amazing. I have tweaked it (with his permission) and its a beast. I only played one game with Dave's and its good so far. I think the Vodu setup is crazy but it works like a charm! Dave uses same corner routine as myself. It can add 40 goals a season in lower leagues. I am sure if Dave used any ideas he will say so. Seems a total gentleman.

cant wait to test this tomorrow when I start my new game hopefully for the last time. Just wanted to know after you set your focus on team work where can I check the effects of what this has done (if it has become fluid I believe it is called?).

Also, I notice a lot of people talking about pitch size...do I have to change something and if yes where? or does the tactic do this automatically for you?

Thank You!

Hi Dave and everyone, Im new to this.

Iv downloaded the tactic and inported it to my saved game but my question is, do i just pick my team with that tactic or do I have to tweak or use any specific instructions to them? Sorry Iv never done anything like this.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to my tactics, What you should do is pick your team around my tactic, Fast defenders and wingers are Key, Striker needs to have good Composure Anticipation and Off The ball Skills, Midfielders can be attacking but if depends on how you want to play in midfield, If you would prefer them to be attacking and set up goals then use attacking Mid players with High passing Creativity First Touch, If you wanna leave the assists mainly to the wingers and break up play in midfield use all round/defensive midfield players to win the ball back and provide counter attacks for the break aways.

Hope this helps

Dave

Welcome to my tactics, What you should do is pick your team around my tactic, Fast defenders and wingers are Key, Striker needs to have good Composure Anticipation and Off The ball Skills, Midfielders can be attacking but if depends on how you want to play in midfield, If you would prefer them to be attacking and set up goals then use attacking Mid players with High passing Creativity First Touch, If you wanna leave the assists mainly to the wingers and break up play in midfield use all round/defensive midfield players to win the ball back and provide counter attacks for the break aways.

Hope this helps

Dave

tnx dave but what about type of striker?? like poacher or deep lying forward or complete?

I'm noticing a bit of a weakness that my team suffers when the opponents swarm the box. I recently played Wolves who often enough were having 7 players in my half for attacks (the opposing side fullback would push up usually just leaving a full back & 2 central defenders back) and it rendered my team very toothless. The two CM's come back and help defend, but the four attacking players don't really drop deep enough to help out in a defensive capacity, and because of the protracted possession they keep in my half a rift forms between defence and attack, so even if we get the ball back there isn't much to do with it, the short passing game can't be played in the now congested defensive third, and there is no quick release further up the pitch.

The tactic seems to fall flat on its face against sides who attack in large numbers, sometimes we can get the counter right and it destroys teams, like the game before we crushed Arsenal 4-1 but a few games before that Newcastle applied more attacking pressure and beat us 1-0 whilst we looked very pedestrian.

My back line consists of:

GK - Begovic

RB - Juri Judt

CB - Ryan Shawcross

CB - Robert Huth

LB - Aymen Abdennour

CM - Wilson Palacios

CM - Adam Vass/Radja Nainggolan

The tactic generally works amazingly well, but these regular drawbacks are preventing the side from really progressing and pushing on. I can't really see a way to get players to drop deeper to help keep the link between defence and attack, in defence the tactic feels very rigid on one hand it works well if they attack normally but if they flood you then it gets overwhelming. I can't isolate if its a personnel weakness or if there is a simple tactical adjustment I can make that negates this.

Mr Hough............Thanks for your hard work on this tactic........I am playing as Aldershot, and got promoted from League 2 in my first season........started using your tactic at the beginning of the League one season.........was expected to finish 24th.........ended the season 5th (losing in the play-off's)...........scored 115 goals and conceded 68.......... also won the Johnson Paint Trophy.... considering i didnt pay a penny for any player in the squad i thought the tactic worked very well, even with the amount of goals conceded......thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love your 4-1-1-2-2 tactic with two wide and two center forwards Mr Hough. Its just freaking brilliant. Took AFC Wimb from 4th tier to the PL in 4 seasons. But I just saw today that there is a new patch on, question is; will it work with that tactic? I have a lot of brilliant wingers and its a shame to go from a "winger tactic" to a "three upfront tactic".

Archived