Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic FM2012

Like Rich, i've tried to remove things that couldn't help my team to play as much fluid as can and, at the same time, not to concede a lot. First of all, i unticked ˝counter attack˝ and ˝tight marking˝. Also, i pushed up my defensive line a little (3 notches). Next result was amazing:

2_vsmancity.jpg

Then, in the next match things was going wrong, Hannover was all over me and at the half-time result was 1:1. So i had to apply Rich tweak and here is the full time:

2_vshannover.png

Finally, i have decided to mix things up and here it is, team instructions that i´m using now:

2_teaminstruction.png

I will continue to upload my results.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's really hard to find the way how to play. After a couple easy wins in Bundes Liga i was played re-match with City at Home. First half was nearly a disaster on the field but score was a decent 1:1. Then i untick ˝counter attack˝ and things goes better:

2_re-match.png

So, i decided to stick with these instructions for a while:

2_teaminstruction2.png

Or just using original tactic and when something is wrong apply Rich's tweak.

Well i have took Rich's advice and just tweaked my Original Swarm tactic instead of creating a new one Altogether, Doing well with Everton, Played 13 won 10 drawn 3. I will test with a few other terams that i already have saves with and if proves good i will release this version asap, I won't keep testing and testing like i do others, If i think it;s good enough i will release this tactic.

The one i have is better, I am testing as norwich just beat Arsenal 3-2, They scored a pen and that was there only CCC. I created 5 CCC's, Tactic is looking very good and stable at the minute i'll get some screen shots up later on today

can you upload your tweak tactic rich so we can see the truth?

Yes I can but I would not advise using it all the time or from the start of a game as its very attacking and designed to just overpower the opposition in those games when things just arnt going your way, I doubt it would work against very strong teams I just use it when I feel my team is not playing how they can, you know those games when you have chances but miss them all and the oppo keep hitting you on the break. Never uploaded a tactic before but hopefully this link works.

I have also uploaded my Derby save game if you want to check out my results..... No cheating, no reloading after defeats, this is genuine and you can see my transfers etc.

Oh and before anyone comments on the 51 saves its because I am running on a laptop and I get out of memory crashes a fair bit when trying to run other things at the same time so I have to save alot incase I crash.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kpf6gn76292g88c - this is the save game file of my Derby save at the start of season 2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1d3kmiyz78rtuwr - this is my extra attacking tweaked version.

Bloody 'ell, best FM12 tactic so far by a mile. Took me 4 seasons to get out of the BSP with Farnborough but absolutely romped it with this tactic.

Not just that though. With the same group of players(was too tight to pay full time wages), I've just won the League 2 title with 7 matches to spare. Scored over 100 goals, conceeded only 40 and won the JPT beating West Brom in the final.

Mr Hough does it again.

Bloody 'ell, best FM12 tactic so far by a mile. Took me 4 seasons to get out of the BSP with Farnborough but absolutely romped it with this tactic.

Not just that though. With the same group of players(was too tight to pay full time wages), I've just won the League 2 title with 7 matches to spare. Scored over 100 goals, conceeded only 40 and won the JPT beating West Brom in the final.

Mr Hough does it again.

Cheers Brother

I`ve tweeked the tactic from your original in my celtic game, I moved the rcm to dmc and also dropped him back one space. This has helped with conceding and as for attacking well you know the outcome there. Won the spl with 8 games to spare , lost only 4 games all season, ( spurs in europa league quarter final 0-1 @ home 2-1 away, rangers in scottish cup 5th round 3-2 and st mirren 0-1 ) . the only thing I would add is I am now looking to tweak it again to shut up shop in the champions league as teams like barca and real madrid are just too good. great tactic overall and I will let you know I f I manage to shut out the big guns

i've been using the swarm one, definitely turned things around w10 d2 l3, but seriously leaking goals. definitely getting it super tight away from home. but again...leeds defence is crap. was hoping that 12.04 had changes in the match engine to explain the loses but arrrrrrrgh! keep it up good sir!!

i've been using the swarm one, definitely turned things around w10 d2 l3, but seriously leaking goals. definitely getting it super tight away from home. but again...leeds defence is crap. was hoping that 12.04 had changes in the match engine to explain the loses but arrrrrrrgh! keep it up good sir!!

As mentioned several times before in the thread. Try moving to two MCs back to DMC.

I've been playing with Everton with the Swarm tactic. But i've have dropped the to CM down to DMC playing with Fellaini in the left and Rodwell in the right. So far second in PL after 13 games with 28-7.

So I think it's a good idea to drop the to CM into DMC.

I've currently only lost one match in PL but i am looking at some serious injuries to some key players so now the tactic will have a its biggest test so far. I havent bought any big players so it has been done with most of the original squad.

All credits to Mr. "genious" Hough

I thank you very much fine sir :D

What player attributes are recommend for this tactic or should i take the attributes from fm 11 versions.

In my 40 game unbeaten run with Derby I had....

GK. Fielding: Usual decent keeper stuff

RB. Brayford: Key attributes, pace 15, acceleration 14, stamina 16, tackling 14

LB. Wome: Pace 14, Positioning 16, Tackling 15

CB. Gioda: Jumping 18, Heading 16, Strength 17, Tackling 14, Work rate 16, Determination 16, Pace 14

CB. Lawton: Pace 15, Acceleration 15, Jumping 15, determination 16, Bravery 16

LCM. Bressan: Passing 16, Creativity 15, Off the ball 14, Stamina 14, Composure 14, Finishing 15

RCM. Addison: Strength 17, Stamina 16, Work rate 16, Determination 18, Tackling 14, Jumping 14

AMR. Lua Lua: Pace 16, Acceleration 16, Agility 16, Dribbling 17, Flair 17

AML. Zezinho: Pace 15, Acceleration 15, Agility 15, Dribbling 15, Flair 16

FCR: Chramosta: Dribbling 18, Pace 18, Acceleration18, Agility 18

FCL: Bakenga: Pace 16, Acceleration 15, Jumping 15, Finishing 15, Off the ball 15

Hope that helps.

Thanks, i'll give it a try in the lower leagues in Holland (amateur status) and check of this tactic even can work at some low level.

In my 40 game unbeaten run with Derby I had....

GK. Fielding: Usual decent keeper stuff

RB. Brayford: Key attributes, pace 15, acceleration 14, stamina 16, tackling 14

LB. Wome: Pace 14, Positioning 16, Tackling 15

CB. Gioda: Jumping 18, Heading 16, Strength 17, Tackling 14, Work rate 16, Determination 16, Pace 14

CB. Lawton: Pace 15, Acceleration 15, Jumping 15, determination 16, Bravery 16

LCM. Bressan: Passing 16, Creativity 15, Off the ball 14, Stamina 14, Composure 14, Finishing 15

RCM. Addison: Strength 17, Stamina 16, Work rate 16, Determination 18, Tackling 14, Jumping 14

AMR. Lua Lua: Pace 16, Acceleration 16, Agility 16, Dribbling 17, Flair 17

AML. Zezinho: Pace 15, Acceleration 15, Agility 15, Dribbling 15, Flair 16

FCR: Chramosta: Dribbling 18, Pace 18, Acceleration18, Agility 18

FCL: Bakenga: Pace 16, Acceleration 15, Jumping 15, Finishing 15, Off the ball 15

Hope that helps.

Just finished my first season with Bayern. A lot of minor changes and tweaks but at the end it was very good at all:

2_leaguetable.jpg

In German Cup final, i was struggle in the field so i decide to try with original tactic in the second half:

2_gcfinal.jpg

And finally, in Champions League final i decided to go with original all the time and won tightly:

2_clfinal.jpg

My conclusion will be, if you play with strong team, stick to original version (opening post). If something goes wrong at half time, apply Rich's tweak. And Dave, if you want to make some chenges, i think it shouldn't be major. Just try to make defence better and work a little bit at ball posession. Thanks, anyway.

Nice the only concern i have is the db issue, if it too large in this game it crashed, and a db xl is essential in my way of fm playing, (began unemployed en than you worked up the ranks end by real madrid or some). Atm i have 73000 players up so i'll pray.

It should do as I am played 20 won 20 so far in the conference north with Halifax.

Nice the only concern i have is the db issue, if it too large in this game it crashed, and a db xl is essential in my way of fm playing, (began unemployed en than you worked up the ranks end by real madrid or some). Atm i have 73000 players up so i'll pray.

I have 47000 players loaded and there are masses of great players who will play for lower league teams, I'll tell you my database setup and some of the players I got. Oh and a good tip to speed the game up is to go in preferences and turn off player pics. Anyway my game set up is......

Database size: Large

Players from top division clubs: Argentina

Players from top division clubs: Austria

Players from top division clubs: Belgium

Players from top division clubs: Belarus

Players from top division clubs: Brazil

Players from top division clubs: Croatia

Players from top division clubs: Czech rep

Players from top division clubs: Denmark

Players from top division clubs: France

Players from top division clubs: Germany

Players from top division clubs: Greece

Players from top division clubs: Italy

Players from top division clubs: Mexico

Players from top division clubs: Chile

Players from top division clubs: Netherlands

Players from top division clubs: Norway

Players from top division clubs: Poland

Players from top division clubs: Portugal

Players from top division clubs: Qatar

Players from top division clubs: Romania

Players from top division clubs: Russia

Players from top division clubs: Scotland

Players from top division clubs: Saudi Arabia

Players from top division clubs: Slovakia

Players from top division clubs: Slovenia

Players from top division clubs: South Africa

Players from top division clubs: Spain

Players from top division clubs: Sweden

Players from top division clubs: Switzerland

Players from top division clubs: Turkey

Players from top division clubs: Ukraine

Players from top division clubs: USA

Players from top division clubs: Israel

Current international players: Europe

Current international players: South America

Current international players: Africa

Takes a while to set up but you get all the players you need from this. Some players I signed......(spellings might be dodgy)

Tresor Kandol

Jannick Cools

Gareth Williams

Fergus Bell

Omar Koroma

Sylvain Torchy

Francois Kompany

Julian Pinard

Maxime Blanchard

Mounir El Haimour

Diego Crosa

Stephen Stirling

Ricardo Gray

Johann Smith

Francesco Luciani

Wesley Yamnaine

Andrew Rose

Trent McClenahan

Izzy Iriekpen

All of these players are free, I have just the English league running but alot of these players said they were not interested in joining me when I offered them contracts on day 1 of the game but for some reason after a couple of days game time they all signed for me no problem. Check them out they work great with this tactic.

Thanks for the info,i'll keep you updated how it's going.

I have 47000 players loaded and there are masses of great players who will play for lower league teams, I'll tell you my database setup and some of the players I got. Oh and a good tip to speed the game up is to go in preferences and turn off player pics. Anyway my game set up is......

Database size: Large

Players from top division clubs: Argentina

Players from top division clubs: Austria

Players from top division clubs: Belgium

Players from top division clubs: Belarus

Players from top division clubs: Brazil

Players from top division clubs: Croatia

Players from top division clubs: Czech rep

Players from top division clubs: Denmark

Players from top division clubs: France

Players from top division clubs: Germany

Players from top division clubs: Greece

Players from top division clubs: Italy

Players from top division clubs: Mexico

Players from top division clubs: Chile

Players from top division clubs: Netherlands

Players from top division clubs: Norway

Players from top division clubs: Poland

Players from top division clubs: Portugal

Players from top division clubs: Qatar

Players from top division clubs: Romania

Players from top division clubs: Russia

Players from top division clubs: Scotland

Players from top division clubs: Saudi Arabia

Players from top division clubs: Slovakia

Players from top division clubs: Slovenia

Players from top division clubs: South Africa

Players from top division clubs: Spain

Players from top division clubs: Sweden

Players from top division clubs: Switzerland

Players from top division clubs: Turkey

Players from top division clubs: Ukraine

Players from top division clubs: USA

Players from top division clubs: Israel

Current international players: Europe

Current international players: South America

Current international players: Africa

Takes a while to set up but you get all the players you need from this. Some players I signed......(spellings might be dodgy)

Tresor Kandol

Jannick Cools

Gareth Williams

Fergus Bell

Omar Koroma

Sylvain Torchy

Francois Kompany

Julian Pinard

Maxime Blanchard

Mounir El Haimour

Diego Crosa

Stephen Stirling

Ricardo Gray

Johann Smith

Francesco Luciani

Wesley Yamnaine

Andrew Rose

Trent McClenahan

Izzy Iriekpen

All of these players are free, I have just the English league running but alot of these players said they were not interested in joining me when I offered them contracts on day 1 of the game but for some reason after a couple of days game time they all signed for me no problem. Check them out they work great with this tactic.

Is the link on the front page the link to the most updated tactic? Slightly confused by it at the moment...

The links on the front page are for my Swarm tactic, It's a good tactic and has had alot of positive feedback but i am working on making it slightly better at the minute

With your Swarm-tactic (with both CM pulled down to DMC and apart from that no tweaks at all) I've finished being League One-champions with Carlisle.

46 games, 31 wins, 8 draws and 7 losses. 124 goals scored, 50 against.

My team most of the time (was lucky no key players got injured for a long period) Adam Collin - Frank Simek - Shane Duffy (on loan from Everton) - Peter Murphy - Kelly Youga - James Berrett - Tom Taiwo - Jon-Paul McGovern/Scott Wagstaff - Andy Welsh - Paddy Madden - Francois Zoko.

Adam Collin in goal, 41 games, 40 goals against, 16 clean sheets, rating: 6.96

Simek right-back, 42 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, rating: 7.19

Youga left-back, 41 games, 0 goals, 2 assists, rating: 7.14

Duffy right-centre, 37 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, rating: 7.22

Murphy left-centre, 44 games, 9 goals, 5 assists, rating: 7.30

Berret DMC-right, 37 games, 5 goals, 23 assists, rating: 7.53

Taiwo DMC-left, 37 games, 0 goals, 4 assists, rating: 7.07

Wagstaff winger right, 18 games, 6 goals, 10 assists, rating: 7.50

McGovern winger right, 38 games, 6 goals, 13 assists, rating: 7.29

Welsh winger left, 33 games, 8 goals, 6 assists, rating: 7.31

Zoko striker left, 41 games, 29 goals, 20 assists, rating: 7.70

Madden striker right, 38 games, 34 goals, 10 assists, rating: 7.65

Subs who played regularly,

Matty Robson, left winger, 14 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, rating: 7.22

Lee Miller, striker left, 24 games, 8 goals, 4 assists, rating: 7.15

Leroy Loy, striker right, 19 games, 6 goals, 5 assists, rating: 7.07

Liam Noble (on loan from Sunderland), DMC left or right, 26 games, 0 goals, 4 assists, rating: 7.06

Lubomir Michalik, CB right, 19 games, 3 goals, 0 assists, rating: 6.98

I've noticed about this tactic that my CB right is performing less as the guy playing left of him.

Also on corners from the right, I had a hard time scoring, corners from the left often were headed in by Peter Murphy. (in fact, he scored 9 goals, 8 on a corner, 1 from a free kick), Shane Duffy however scored only one of his occasions from a corner.

Also in midfield, the 2 DMC's are the opposite, here's the right one the man with the ideas, supporting attack, giving assists for fun, scoring a few on his own, (Berrett got 23 assists, scoring 5 times with average stats) while the DMC left is supporting defence but he's of no use in attack as he stays in midfield when the ball's up front.

My right winger(s) got better stats throughout the season, 13 and 10 assists are not bad, they also scored a goal from time to time while the left winger is more often the man running to the back line to pass the ball back to the left back who comes forward to support, and from there on it's combination football often ending with the left striker getting the ball from the leftback or leftwinger, providing an assist for his fellow striker or the upcoming right winger.

Anyway, to me, this tactic is extremely good for smaller teams who often are under pressure.

Now I'm up for my second season, being everybody's relegation favourite in the Championship, however, I feel we can be the surprise-package again, especially as this season we'll be under even more pressure from better teams as we were in League One.

The more my opponent is favourite to win a game, the more we have the best of play and we can upset a few, maybe to the Premier League? I'll keep you posted when the season's finished (give me 2 weeks or so)

And before I forget, I've used this tactic in EVERY game, at the start of pre-season, I've set match preparation on "heavy" for workload, played 6 friendlies, and early october (if I remember correctly), my team was fully used to the tactic, from that point on, I've set preparation on light workload.

Even against smaller teams I've played with 2 DMC's, sometimes this resulted in dull matches where I couldn't score as many as normal, but most of the time, it gave me satisfying results.

(FA Johnstone Trophy f.e. I've battered Shrewsbury 6-0, in the FA Cup I've won 5-1 away to Salisbury)

This tactic did well in the cup competitions too, in the League Cup I was unlucky with the draws of the fixtures, first game away, can't remember, but we've won easily 3-0, second round away to Cardiff, won 3-1, third round away to Southampton, 3-0 down at HT, we came back to 3-3 in the second half, but then we conceded the odd last minute goal, and out with a spectacular 4-3 defeat.

In the FA Cup it took us to round 3 where a home game against Wolves ended in a 1-2 defeat but we missed so many occasions it could have gone easily our way.

We got to the north-final of the Johnstone's trophy, but a hopeless 3-0 home-defeat in the first leg against Notts County was too much for us.

Away we've won 3-1 but Notts County went on to win it in the end against Swindon Town.

playing with roma...I hit november and was in 9th place but still in all cups...i really felt I was underachieving but things would be turning around soon until the media started to speculate that I was under fire...i was using the oblivion tactic...I gave this tactic a try and BOOM...first game I smash 2nd place fiorentina 5-0! going for my second game now and I'll let you all know how it goes.

so for my next game played 1st place genoa and...I lost 1-0...despite a very positive performance...had an injury from my best player....will let u guys know how the next couple games go...one thing I was wondering however is how to change the corner setup...when I go to change some of the options it wont let me put more than one player doing the same thing...for example I want a few players to lurk outside the box but when I go to click on their names it only lets me swap them with another player...anybody know how to change this?

I had 1 good year with this tactic and now it seems far less effective. I won promotion in my first season and I strengthened my team quite considerably (so much so that I would certainly expect to be challenging at the top of the league). I've tried to vary the CM/DM positions but the opposition now seem to be matching, or in most cases, dominating my team. Any suggestions?

Wasnt the new tactic should have been released last weekend ? :(

I did plan on releasing the newer version last week but i had some trouble in the testing phase of things, I Am hoping to release this new version tomorrow, I am doing my final test with Everton and everything is going great so i don't see why it shouldn't be up tomorrow

gonna sound like really daft question...im new to the game.

But when i load this tactic in my game, i am unable to assign player roles? how do i do that? when i go in the normal way i would do it the player instructions look different ?

thanks in advance

Archived