Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic FM2012

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah....ive noticed that too. Man city are probably the strongest team in the game. The barely concede any goals and push you all the way to the last few days of the league. When i was in the euro cup i saw them batter inter in the champs league final 7-0. like wtf?!

yeah....ive noticed that too. Man city are probably the strongest team in the game. The barely concede any goals and push you all the way to the last few days of the league. When i was in the euro cup i saw them batter inter in the champs league final 7-0. like wtf?!

I know people say that The new patch has not changed me but beforehand and with largely the original man utd squad I finished about 25 points clear of man city. Now I win at home although always concede and am very poor away from home.

is there anyone have a good team talk?i have trouble with that

If favourites assertive i expect a win otherwise assertive for the fans.

If leading at half time, don't let performance drop (assertive) even if 4-0. You will anger a few so talk to them separate and say you have faith in them. If your losing at half time aggressive not good enough. When making changes use expect a performance from top guys and you have faith from young guys. Somehow this game doesn't work if you praise before game is over hehe

Just started a new game with Halifax in BSN and after 5 games I have won all 5 and conceded 2 goals but so far scored 29!!!! thats nearly 6 a game so far. Dunno why you need to make a new one, this is great.

And in my Derby save first season in prem I beat Arsenal 6-1 in the community shield but mainly concentrating on the Halifax save now.

Not very classic meaning that it seems quite strange to have a one DMC + one MC + 2 wingers and 2 strikers in one tactic. I'm ok with that if it works since I'm a huge fan of Mr Hough but in real life, nobody plays like that.

Not very classic meaning that it seems quite strange to have a one DMC + one MC + 2 wingers and 2 strikers in one tactic. I'm ok with that if it works since I'm a huge fan of Mr Hough but in real life, nobody plays like that.

No the tactic is 4-2-2-2 with 2 MC's, It is working awesome and i will be releasing later today.

What? Many teams use a deeper lying MC, a more advanced one, 2 wingers and 2 strikers? It's certainly more classic than something like a 4-1-2-3 (I refused to use that, horrible looking formation).

good news. what type of mc do we need? will it work with one defensive and one attacking (van der vaart for example)

No both MC's have the same settings, I have rebuilt the whole tactic again instead of using a previous base, The midfield are both attacking and defensive so a mixture between them both would be ideal, I would use a defensive and an attacking midfielder to have optimum performances

Nice one, bout to start a new season here, tactic could do with been tight at the back :)

I did have a look at your tactic by the way, I is good going forward but the defence was lacking, Those tweaks where based on my Tombstone Piledriver tactic for 11.2 if i'm not mistaken, I also had a look at making a tactic from that base but with the defence the way it is it's impossible, The main issues are with the fullbacks and midfielders, If you look at the players forward movements you will see that they always no matter what run forward into advanced areas, This is great for attacking but bad for defending, Thats where your problem lies.

I did have a look at your tactic by the way, I is good going forward but the defence was lacking, Those tweaks where based on my Tombstone Piledriver tactic for 11.2 if i'm not mistaken, I also had a look at making a tactic from that base but with the defence the way it is it's impossible, The main issues are with the fullbacks and midfielders, If you look at the players forward movements you will see that they always no matter what run forward into advanced areas, This is great for attacking but bad for defending, Thats where your problem lies.

Nice, i am happy to plug yours in and give it a twirl. Aye i have credited you everywhere where people have been talking about tactic. It got me through a few seasons. I didn't enjoy your first version but i do remember your awesome tactics last year. What time are you planning to post it up. I might delay season until then?

man this is frustrating, I get a good run together then it all goes to pot, I hoped the tactic would be released tonight but i just can not for the life of me get the balance right in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

I'm gonna scrap this and start on a new 4-1-2-3 formation, I know people have been waiting for another 4-2-2-2 tactic for me but i can't get my head round it.

man this is frustrating, I get a good run together then it all goes to pot, I hoped the tactic would be released tonight but i just can not for the life of me get the balance right in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

I'm gonna scrap this and start on a new 4-1-2-3 formation, I know people have been waiting for another 4-2-2-2 tactic for me but i can't get my head round it.

I wouldn't mind a look at it, as you mentioned tight defence, understand if you want to hold off. In game everybody gets bad runs, its built in hehe.

ive noticed that form can be mistaken for a good tactic sometimes. id say try go back to ur old tactic defending and just make the attacking part really strong. looking forward to your 4-1-2-3 but i know by the time you do all this a patch will be out(that changes the ME), so people will have to make another one :/

mate, no criticism, but as the game becomes more and more realistic, chances of having success or lets say, having a solid team with formations like 4222, 442 and so on become more and more difficult. just as irl, you will lose every single midfield-battle in the highest level of football, when you play with only 2 real midfielders, since wingers dont track back like irl in the ME and you cant also tell a striker to drop deep, when opposition has the ball as rooney often does irl...

so I guess, you might thing of a 451 formation, if you want to have both, good defence and solid attack ;)

anyway good luck :D

I think you are best just sticking to the old tactic but having a tweaked version for if the game doesnt go your way early on, I am using the tactic and I have played 20 won 20 with Halifax and knocked a league 2 side out of the FA Cup but yeah the odd game it isnt as strong but its going to be the same with every tactic because different teams are going to play differently against you so sometimes you need to adjust. I find Tempo is a biggy for changing games in my favor if it doesnt start so well, I was 2-1 down in my last game at half time so I upped the tempo to full and made the left CM forward runs often and slightly made all players more attacking and I won 4-2.

I am also currently about 40 games unbeaten in my Derby save aswell. If you go into a patch of bad form you just need to change things around a little bit sometimes but other than that this tactic is better than anything you made for fm11 by a mile in my opinion.

I think you are best just sticking to the old tactic but having a tweaked version for if the game doesnt go your way early on, I am using the tactic and I have played 20 won 20 with Halifax and knocked a league 2 side out of the FA Cup but yeah the odd game it isnt as strong but its going to be the same with every tactic because different teams are going to play differently against you so sometimes you need to adjust. I find Tempo is a biggy for changing games in my favor if it doesnt start so well, I was 2-1 down in my last game at half time so I upped the tempo to full and made the left CM forward runs often and slightly made all players more attacking and I won 4-2.

I am also currently about 40 games unbeaten in my Derby save aswell. If you go into a patch of bad form you just need to change things around a little bit sometimes but other than that this tactic is better than anything you made for fm11 by a mile in my opinion.

Is that with this tactic i released here Rich?

Is that with this tactic i released here Rich?

Yes I also won the FA Cup in season 1 with Derby knocking out full strength Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal sides along the way. I had a fast front 4 who ripped teams apart. Posted some pics etc somewhere on page 2. Its using this tactic from the opening post I just sometimes up the tempo if I'm under performing in a match which isnt often. In my Derby save I finished the season winning the league Pld 46, won 39, drn 5, lst 2, scored 149, conceded 48, Pts 122. Also won FA Cup.

I think you are best just sticking to the old tactic but having a tweaked version

Seconded. There's plenty of guys using your tactic and, as far as i can see, most of them are more than a satisfied. Also, i think that should be a more people like Rich to add a contribution by their own tweaks. It could help those playing your tactic but also it can help you to find solutions how to make balance or how to make tactic tighter (attacking part is a lot more than good) . I know it frustrated sometimes, i'm doing it all the time while playing, but still thinking you should not give up.

Seconded. There's plenty of guys using your tactic and, as far as i can see, most of them are more than a satisfied. Also, i think that should be a more people like Rich to add a contribution by their own tweaks. It could help those playing your tactic but also it can help you to find solutions how to make balance or how to make tactic tighter (attacking part is a lot more than good) . I know it frustrated sometimes, i'm doing it all the time while playing, but still thinking you should not give up.

So far defence is not something I am struggling with the only time I have had to tweak it is if the slow tempo is causing my players to mess about on the ball to long against games against teams I should beat which ends up with my players losing the ball in attacking areas and being hit on the break, all I do if I notice this happening is set the width and tempo to max and make all players more attacking and that way we break down defences better and keep possession better but like I said its not often I have to do that. When I beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the cup I didnt tweak in any of those games if I remember right and also beating Arsenal 4-1 or 5-1 whatever it was in the community shield was using only the original tactic.

Check out my line up on page 2, it may be that my players suit the tactic perfectly.

Oh and as with last years fm everything goes better if you have strikers and wingers with dribbling and pace around 17 and all defenders have pace around 15 if you can get them, I usually search for full backs who can be trained as centre backs as they are usually faster and I also find its good to have a cm who can jump as they tend to head the oppositions goal kicks straight back towards goal for your nippy strikers to run onto.

To be honest I think having the right types of players is the key to this game but a good solid tactic such as this makes things easyer.

*Update on my halifax save: Played 25 games and won them all and I am already 20 points clear at the top and have knocked out Hereford at home and Oxford away from home out of the FA Cup. Signed lots of players but all available on free transfers at start of season.

I play with Carlisle United with Mr. Hough's tactic, it works wonders to me.

The only thing I did was pulling both MC to DMC as I'm under pressure in most of the games (with Preston, Sheffield Utd, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and others in League One, the Carlisle squad's predicted 10th which is harsh in my opinion) and actually I'm sitting second in the league after 21 games, 4 points behind Sheffield United.

It's the scoring balance however which is shocking, scoring 52 conceding 21 is excellent in my opinion.

My squad: Adam Collin in goal, Frank Simek on RB, Shane Duffy (on loan from Everton) and Peter Murphy in the centre and Kelly Youga (free agent) on LB, Tom Taiwo DMC L and James Berrett DMC R and Andy Welsh as AML and McGovern as AMR, up front I have Francois Zoko S L and Madden S R.

I've noticed putting a fast striker with pace on the right striker position the boy's scoring loads of goals (Madden scored 20 in 16 games) while the left-striker's scoring less but is better in giving assists (Zoko scored 10 in 15 games giving 9 assists), also, Welsh and McGovern have 11 or 12 for dribbling, good technical skills but are lacking pace, however, this doesn't seem to be a problem as they play on their wing getting past defenders just by their above average dribbling?

Anyway, with both MC pulled down to DMC, everything's going excellent at the moment.

Thanks (again ;) ) Mr. Hough for providing a tactic that's doing more than well in Football Manager!

Archived