Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Your ignorance is astounding,

It doesn't mimic meat, its a meat substitue. I like how you think its that black and white though. There are many reasons why someone might be a veggie. They might dislike meat, it could be health related or it could be something different. For what its worth my wife suffers with a condition that stops her eating meat. She likes meat but can't have it. She has Quorn stuff to stop her food becoming boring and bland and give her a different variety of stuff she can have.

ignorance or not, you can still get a great deal of variation in vegetarian food with out touching stuff labeled "vegetarian chicken"

what is the medical condition in question called?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

ignorance or not, you can still get a great deal of variation in vegetarian food with out touching stuff labeled "vegetarian chicken"

what is the medical condition in question called?

Her body doesn't produce the right enzymes to digest the meat. And she can't have beef due to suffering with BSA. Quick go and google to see if I'm telling the truth :thup:

It's not labelled vegetarian chicken. And vegetarians don't have much choice at all. They might have a wide range of dishes they can eat but they all nearly contain the same sort of stuff. So while the dish might be different the ingredients aren't.

And why should she avoid stuff just because you think differently? If she likes it that's all that matters. What's it matter what someone who is ignorant about the subect and doesn't understand the facts matter to her after all?

Ignorance is ignorance. I'd avoid the subject if I was you because you are clearly out of your depth judging by your initial response :thup:

How can you lose a 3-0 lead? :D

We were winning comfortably against the side who has won 3 out of the past 4 titles. We lost 4-3. Nothing is working at the moment and I'm close to jacking the save in. I don't want to as it's my most enjoyable save and the longest I've ever played of about 11 seasons. Usually when things get tough I have a break and come back or somehoe figure it out. Since the new update we're struggling. Nothing is working and we've gone from finishing 2nd in 2 successive seasons to 4th and then 6th. Now we're 13th in the current season.

I really am struggling and don't know how to work it out. Maybe my side isn't as good as I thought it was. Or, because I've kept most of the squad from when we were in the lowest tier that it's now just got too much. Feck knows :(.

My wife is also veggie. Have just made a quorn mince Shepherd's Pie for her, and a meaty version for me and my daughter whilst they make chocolate cake. Mmmm, cake.

Spent the morning gardening, overall a far more productive and satisfying experience than watching Arsenal. Might try and watch Spurs for my next live game, Bale is currently one of those players you have to see in the flesh.

Her body doesn't produce the right enzymes to digest the meat. And she can't have beef due to suffering with BSA. Quick go and google to see if I'm telling the truth :thup:
I used to read about this kind of stuff back in school, but that is close to a decade ago so I cant recall all of it, only the most common problems and allergies, this one is somewhat rare which is why I asked for clarification so I could read up on it
They might have a wide range of dishes they can eat but they all nearly contain the same sort of stuff. So while the dish might be different the ingredients aren't.
you will obviously need a significant amount of beans and lentils to cover for the protein shortage which ofcorse reduce the amount of variation in terms of ingredients, but to say that there is no variation and that it becomes dull with no "quorn meat substitute" is just as ignorant and shortsighted as my statement
And why should she avoid stuff just because you think differently? If she likes it that's all that matters. What's it matter what someone who is ignorant about the subect and doesn't understand the facts matter to her after all?
I have never came across anyone forced into this type of diet by a medical condition in real life, so I'm probably way to harsh in my assessment, its just that most veggies I have came across does not have a solid and logical reasoning behind there chose of diet

to me its illogical to eat something that try to mimic something you have chosen not to eat in the first place, if that make any sense to you

My wife is also veggie. Have just made a quorn mince Shepherd's Pie for her, and a meaty version for me and my daughter whilst they make chocolate cake. Mmmm, cake.

Spent the morning gardening, overall a far more productive and satisfying experience than watching Arsenal. Might try and watch Spurs for my next live game, Bale is currently one of those players you have to see in the flesh.

Any cake spare? :D

Been out for a lovely Sunday lunch :).

Anywhere nice?

It was the ME feedback one, there was a very odd circular argument going on, which makes a change in there (!)

Ahhh it always provides some sort of entertainment. I actually feel like a proper Mod now. I got some lovely abusive PM's yesterday.

I'm very annoyed. Was meant to have a meeting at half five today but it has been cancelled. My annoyance comes from the fact that I sold my ticket for tonights game because of said meeting.

Should be straight forward game for you, but I don't expect you to run riot and possibly play a 'weakened' team. 2-0 United.

Ahhh it always provides some sort of entertainment. I actually feel like a proper Mod now. I got some lovely abusive PM's yesterday.

I do wonder why you lot bother being Mods. I think the GD thread for the last ME feedback saw Ackter getting all sorts of abuse. I'd have kicked off and infracted myself in his shoes because there's no fun shepherding monkey's.

A week today meeting Jeff Stelling, he's coming to do a lecture at mu Uni, would never of thought that a year ago :D

What is this in aid of?

Morning people. Back from France. What's new?

Not much. Fuzzrab was drunk, again but other that nothing has happened.

Where the hell is Purefun anyway people?

I do wonder why you lot bother being Mods. I think the GD thread for the last ME feedback saw Ackter getting all sorts of abuse. I'd have kicked off and infracted myself in his shoes because there's no fun shepherding monkey's.

I hadn't had anything over the top really. People trying to argue their case, but yesterday my first full scale abuse.

Journalism week, we have guest speakers coming throughout the week to talk to us, Jeff Stelling one of them, also someone else from Sky Sports, someone from BBC Sport Online and also Mark Austin from ITV news is also coming.

Keep your fingers crossed the other person from Sky Sports is Olivia Godfrey. Pure, pure filth.

Did I mention that she looks filthy?

Filth.

Keep your fingers crossed the other person from Sky Sports is Olivia Godfrey. Pure, pure filth.

Did I mention that she looks filthy?

Filth.

Filthy you say? Or it could be Millie Clode.....just amazing. I could watch her talk about any subject. She could do regular updates on paint drying and it would still be fantastic.

Filthy you say? Or it could be Millie Clode.....just amazing. I could watch her talk about any subject. She could do regular updates on paint drying and it would still be fantastic.
some ppl just have strange taste and low standards for there fantasies....if you are going to have that kind of fantasies you surely could do better

If you're going to dream about women you should pick better ones tbh.

Come on Arsenal, stuff the Germans!!!!

After Saturday's dismal "effort", they'll do well to finish within 2 goals of Bayern.

Their only hope is Walcott's pace through the middle, and whilst he's on a current run of form, he's hardly consistent (cue a hat-trick).

Women in general is a whole other discussion, I was limiting myself to the Sky Sports birds.

If there are no constraints, then put me down for a dose of Natalie Imbruglia. Wouldn't mind going Down Under with her etc. etc. Bush Tucker Man etc. etc.

After Saturday's dismal "effort", they'll do well to finish within 2 goals of Bayern.

Their only hope is Walcott's pace through the middle, and whilst he's on a current run of form, he's hardly consistent (cue a hat-trick).

Women in general is a whole other discussion, I was limiting myself to the Sky Sports birds.

If there are no constraints, then put me down for a dose of Natalie Imbruglia. Wouldn't mind going Down Under with her etc. etc. Bush Tucker Man etc. etc.

Arsenal normally always get a good result when they've had a bad result.

Natalie Imbruglia shares same birthday as me :cool:

Good thanks you?

I decided to take a kind of break from the forums for a bit in terms of posting. I'm only posting in my Ajax thread for a bit, I feel drained.

I'm ok. Generally shattered at the minute. Just not sleeping.