Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Loathe to say any Liverpool game was "cracking", but it sure was. Also, stunning second freekick from the rat.

When he lined up for the second one I was thinking 'oh god no. This is going to hit the wall'. Was a little wrong on that :p.

SRL whats wrong, just a ****** day?

Pretty much yeah. Mainly down to the people I work with constantly asking stupid questions that just take a bit of common sense to answer, but because they don't have any, they run to me. A prime example would be 'Steven, why isn't my work printing?'. So I stand up, look at the printer and it is because there isn't any paper in the printer. I mean, if it was a one off I would be ok, but when it happens 30-40 times a day it gets a bit annoying.

I am at the point with my job now where I hate coming in solely because I am sick of hearing my own name. I have never met a group of people who constantly need to be spoon fed and babysat all day.

I'm going to post this in here as it didn't get any attention in the football discussion section and I need to work pretty quickly on this (mods this will be the only time I post this again and thanks to SRL88 Neil Brock for allowing me to share this)

Basically I am toying with an idea of writing a book about football in the former Yugoslavia, the main point of this is to go with a group of match going supporters to both home and away games either for a few months in each country or an entire season with a specific club. The size of the club doesn't bother me at all, in fact the more obscure the potentially better this could be if it happens.

The idea of the book is to tell the story of the clubs supporters mostly, i'll also be trying to talk to clubs to see how they cope financially and how they struggle to keep hold of their talents. This part isn't set in stone yet as i'd have to see what interest I gain and if any club would be willing to talk to me.

Even if you can't help me directly anything you can point me in the way of that could help would also be appreciated. I'll just add that I am not asking for money or trying to sell anything just information that could help me, even if it is something little like improving the blog itself to make it more appealing or linking the blog to somewhere that may gain attention. If anybody can help you can either leave a comment in the blog itself, email me or PM me on here. Thanks for your time :)

http://peteward1980.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/about-me/

I'm going to post this in here as it didn't get any attention in the football discussion section and I need to work pretty quickly on this (mods this will be the only time I post this again and thanks to SRL88 Neil Brock for allowing me to share this)

Basically I am toying with an idea of writing a book about football in the former Yugoslavia, the main point of this is to go with a group of match going supporters to both home and away games either for a few months in each country or an entire season with a specific club. The size of the club doesn't bother me at all, in fact the more obscure the potentially better this could be if it happens.

The idea of the book is to tell the story of the clubs supporters mostly, i'll also be trying to talk to clubs to see how they cope financially and how they struggle to keep hold of their talents. This part isn't set in stone yet as i'd have to see what interest I gain and if any club would be willing to talk to me.

Even if you can't help me directly anything you can point me in the way of that could help would also be appreciated. I'll just add that I am not asking for money or trying to sell anything just information that could help me, even if it is something little like improving the blog itself to make it more appealing or linking the blog to somewhere that may gain attention. If anybody can help you can either leave a comment in the blog itself, email me or PM me on here. Thanks for your time :)

http://peteward1980.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/about-me/

Are you on twitter Dexter? There are many people on there who could help you and provide you with the info you are looking for.

Also you might wanna post it in this thread Resources, Websites & Blogs

Finally a Man Utd save? :cool:

Oh hell yes. After six/seven years it's time. :cool:

Aside from the fact that I want to make Nick Powell one of the best players in the world, I also want to make a 4-4-2 type system work for my first time on a Football Manager incarnation. (You know, that isn't lower league).

Oh hell yes. After six/seven years it's time. :cool:

Aside from the fact that I want to make Nick Powell one of the best players in the world, I also want to make a 4-4-2 type system work for my first time on a Football Manager incarnation. (You know, that isn't lower league).

I bought Powell at 22 on my Sheff Utd save after getting him onloan initially. Cost me £18 million though but he is a great playmaker :cool:

I don't think I've ever played as Man Utd ever. I loved SFrazers approach though because he created a 4231 that was a 451/442/433 etc all by just changing roles.

Powell and Jones as your MC's once Carrick ages/retires? Jones as the aggressive midfield would be ace.

How come the name change? All I think now is Thank You when I see your name :D

Well, that is my actual name... never has anyone called me Thank You though, thankfully :D Maybe I don't hang around with too many abbreviators.

I've never put Nottingham as my location. There isn't anything wrong with Nottingham either.

Before you say it, don't say there isn't anything right either.

Its a **** hole and the women....I thought Geordie women where bad but atleast you get the odd good looking one. That's none existent in Nottigham, used to go all the time in my early 20's :D

Well, that is my actual name... never has anyone called me Thank You though, thankfully :D Maybe I don't hang around with too many abbreviators.

Did your Mam and Dad know you were going to be thick the second they saw you? Is that why they gave you a short name, just to make life easier for you?