Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Harsh :D

Why the dislike for them both?

I'm a bit old skool and dislike the swathes of new money distorting the game.

I really liked Chelsea in the period prior to Abramovic; the likes of Zola, Vialli, Desailly, Deschamps etc. at that time were pure glamour for the Premier League.

Now though, the happy clappy Russian is doing as much to destroy any credibility Chelsea had as he is to build them up.

And City? I just cannot find a single redeeming quality there. Joe Hart seems nice?

Facts are - they were crap, they spent loads, now they aren't crap (although doing well to hide that this season). This fast track to success defies the fundamental essence of sport for me.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Laudrup is about as cool as it gets.

There's been a bit of premature nonsense in the Press about him being touted as a possible replacement for Mourinho or Ferguson, but he isn't harming his reputation at a terrifically well run club like Swansea (where Huw Jenkins' influence really needs a load of credit).

Had a fairly long break from FM now (over a month), really want to get back into it now.

Unsure whether to wait for the patch or not :D

Anyone watching either the Milan derby or PSG v OM tonight?

So BT have bought ESPN's UK tv channels and all their rights. Interesting portfolio they have built for their launch this summer.

Rumour also has it that they've accquired the services of Georgie Thompson from Sky. :cool:

Wonder what they'll charge for it though :(

So BT have bought ESPN's UK tv channels and all their rights. Interesting portfolio they have built for their launch this summer.

Rumour also has it that they've accquired the services of Georgie Thompson from Sky. :cool:

That's old news. They've also got Jake Humphrey as well. Thompson is still under contract for F1 though isn't she?

That's old news. They've also got Jake Humphrey as well. Thompson is still under contract for F1 though isn't she?

It's not really old news though because last week it was only a rumour. Today she quit F1 and will be announced shortly as BT's new signing unless SKY offer her something primetime.

I'm not on about the Thompson bit. I'm on about the BT bit. It was announced a few months back and Humphrey was announced before Christmas. I didn't know Thompson had quit F1. I thought she loved it? I think she could move back to SSN.

No the BT bit wasn't old news either. They had only bought EPL rights, today they actually bought ESPN's UK channels.

She did like F1 but they didn't use her like they promised her and gave her little air time.

Wonder what they'll charge for it though :(

Reckon it'll be around £15 to get them on the Sky platform - anymore and it'd be suicide.

It's not really old news though because last week it was only a rumour. Today she quit F1 and will be announced shortly as BT's new signing unless SKY offer her something primetime.

Before today BT had already reserved two channel slots on Sky after agreeing the deal for 38 Premier Leage games, and after todays news it'll be interesting to see how many they have branded as BT Sports aswell as the one they will keep branded as ESPN after buying their two channels. (ESPN and ESPN America I think they're clalled).

And she actually quit Sky's F1 coverage sometime ago, but she couldn't announce herself so it was up to Sky when they released the information. As of yet she hasn't actually left Sky, just quit the F1 output. It is believed that she has something in place with BT, but Sky are keen to keep her on board as she has proved before the F1 stuff that away from Sky Sports News that she is a very capable anchor.

If she does leave Sky for BT, it would be a great coup.

I'm not on about the Thompson bit. I'm on about the BT bit. It was announced a few months back and Humphrey was announced before Christmas. I didn't know Thompson had quit F1. I thought she loved it? I think she could move back to SSN.

All that was announced a few months ago was that BT had accquired rights to Premiership football, (and that that the chap from BBC had signed up to join them), not that they had bought ESPN's UK & Ireland channels and the majority of their rights packages.

She did like F1 but they didn't use her like they promised her and gave her little air time.

They never promised specific amounts of "good" air time. But she wasn't happy with the siuation last season with her only doing the F1 Show on a Friday and the third practice session, (aswell as the analysis bits on race day), and wanted more "good" air time.

I can see it from her point of view - she left a job she loved doing on SSN and wasn't used as productively as she could have been, in terms of her presenting skills and her knowledge.

Looks like Lee Evans?

More like the Wolverine fella.

The North London derby will be interesting on Sunday.

A proper test of Spurs' ambition because the Gooners usually put them back in their place when it really matters, but they have been cack lately.

An Arsenal win might kick-start their push for the CL places and put doubts in Spurs' minds, a reverse result might heighten the media and fan pressure on the old French chap (who will ignore it regardless).