Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised? I'm appalled.

Now you know how it feels to be a Chelsea fan for the past 8 years, resentment towards wasting money and the feeling that it could be invested so much better whilst every other United fan is ecstatic about the signing. I'm guessing that's how you're feeling.

I'm really surprised Chelsea weren't in for him (assuming they weren't) as it's exactly the sort of rash transfer they usually make.

Very nice :thup:.

Speaking of Heath the Frank Gallagher looking swine, he best get his arse into the Football Forum and enter the La Liga Prediction League. Ive PM'd him but he is being a lazy cow!!! Did you get my PM by the way Purefun? My work PC is being a sl*t.

I was expecting more of a rant from you Tom, or are you to stunned?

I'm not stunned, in actual fact I thought it would happen to be honest.

As good a player he is and good signing he may well turn out to be, the money could have been better spent.

Now you know how it feels to be a Chelsea fan for the past 8 years, resentment towards wasting money and the feeling that it could be invested so much better whilst every other United fan is ecstatic about the signing. I'm guessing that's how you're feeling.

Felt the same way when we signed Berbatov, (as much asI like him) for so much, and Ashley Young last summer to be honest.

A 4 year deal for a 29yo, on £200k p/w and paying £24m is just :eek:. Really shocked that that Fergie would do that. Are you still feeling ill Tom or have you been back to work?

A 4 year deal for a 29yo, on £200k p/w and paying £24m is just :eek:. Really shocked that that Fergie would do that. Are you still feeling ill Tom or have you been back to work?

Oh been back at work since yesterday. Reckon it was just one of those 24 hour bugs.

Regarding van Persie, and any player changing clubs, I wouldn't believe all you read about wages, fees, etc.

I found it surprising as well. Think Young especially was a different signing, much lower wages and a lot younger. Berbatov wasn't as excessive either.

Berbatov was just a few months off 28 when we signed him and van Persie has only just this month turned 29, so the ages aren't much a difference. Yet Berbatov, who had had less success, (in the sense that van Persie's success has come in the Champions League and in greater numbers in terms of goals), cost over £30million. The excess is around the same when weighed up against each other.

Youtube vid. Oh dear.

That video is pretty much every good thing he has done in his career :D

I had never heard of the guy before so how else was I going to see what he was like?!?!

He can be compared to Hazard to be honest, the way he plays is very similar. Tries a lot of skills, you can see that in the Youtube video, but you don't see the amount of times he messes up. Greedy player, but fun to watch! Something Liverpool need... a bit of excitement in that team of yours.

Really like Heerenveen, but that is two of their best players gone this season. Dost to Wolfsburg and now this :(

I think the rvp signing could be a very good one.

It could work out this way - he has missed a lot of full seasons due to injury. The consensus last season was that he has physically matured and has managed to deal with his injuries. If that's the case, he would be a "young" 29years old, not all worn out, still fresh.

Man u could get 3 or 4 top seasons out of him, and win things with him. If that happens then it has surely been a good investment.

Poor old arsenal, that is one transfer that must sting. I know a fan who all summer has been saying anyone but ****ing man united.

He can be compared to Hazard to be honest, the way he plays is very similar. Tries a lot of skills, you can see that in the Youtube video, but you don't see the amount of times he messes up. Greedy player, but fun to watch! Something Liverpool need... a bit of excitement in that team of yours.

Really like Heerenveen, but that is two of their best players gone this season. Dost to Wolfsburg and now this :(

He is a talented dribbler, and we havent really had one of those since Steve McManaman.

You haven't seen what he is like. Just a few clips of the good things he has done.

Even the most limited player can look good in a Youtube clip.

This is true, but it was still worth a look.

Frozen couldn't of cost to make :D

Literally one scene the whole way through, decent watch though. Kind of like that Ryan Reynolds film, Buried?

I cant imagine so either, and it wouldnt have cost much in terms of actors either. Only really Shawn Ashmore who played Iceman in the X-Men films of any kind of regognition in the past. I enjoyed Burried, thought that was a very good film.

Well this is unexpected;

Very surprising indeed.

Poor old arsenal, that is one transfer that must sting. I know a fan who all summer has been saying anyone but ****ing man united.

I'm not even an Arsenal fan and I wanted him to go anywhere but United. The worst of all worlds.

Barton off to Marseille according to SSN. Joey realised that when he came back from his ban. If he joined Fleetwood, which he did didn't he? That he would get kicked to ****.

The FA said they'd block the transfer to Fleetwood, he'd only use it because they play more games than the rest of the footballing world and his ban would be over quicker. Probably wouldn't even play before getting sent back the ****.

How does it feel to be missing out on signings to a newly promoted side?

We havent exactly made our interest known in him, nevermind made a concrete bid so I wouldnt say we have missed out really. Most of the talk was general paper talk and his agent talking crap.

We havent exactly made our interest known in him, nevermind made a concrete bid so I wouldnt say we have missed out really. Most of the talk was general paper talk and his agent talking crap.

liverpool would have stuck in a bid fella... there's no smoke without fire.. but lets face it... i'd have gone southampton too... guaranteed the wages are good and he's gonna be the star man there

liverpool would have stuck in a bid fella... there's no smoke without fire.. but lets face it... i'd have gone southampton too... guaranteed the wages are good and he's gonna be the star man there

We never ever made a firm bid for him, maybe an enquiry, but 80% of the talk came from his agent and 20% from the papers. Liverpool and Bologna never ever said that Liverpool were interested.

The mrs is watching a film called Frozen on Film4. It seems alright so far :thup:.

Me & the Mrs watched that last night too...wasn't good. I can't stand films where the entire film is spent in one spot, this time a ski lift, Phone Booth, in a phone booth. *yawn*

I only made her watch it in the hope it'd put her off skiing, it didn't work though.

E: On the plus side, District 13 is on tonight. :thup: