Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Female locals in Northampton... fit?

I am sorry but linkage is definitely required.

I have been out numerous times on a Saturday in Northampton, start with a bar crawl then get into town... and I swear the woman just get more awful as you get along. First bar they are okay, then by the 6th bar they are all bright orange and bleached hair, and by the time you've hit town they have one shoe on and 3 teeth.

They all go Uni elsewhere, so that's probably why you never see them. And Northampton was bloody expensive, wasn't even that great. I just got drunk so still enjoyed myself, as ever :)

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

They all go Uni elsewhere, so that's probably why you never see them. And Northampton was bloody expensive, wasn't even that great. I just got drunk so still enjoyed myself, as ever :)

Ah makes sense.

Northampton on Saturday nights are ridiculous, getting close to £4 a pint and not much less for a single.

Lived near Ashbrooke last year and now I'm living opposite the Uni by New Durham road.

Ah right cool. I have some friends who go to Uni up there and I am inclined to the odd night out in Sunderland :thup:.

Ah right cool. I have some friends who go to Uni up there and I am inclined to the odd night out in Sunderland :thup:.

It's not bad up here, but we could use a few more clubs. Everywhere seems to be closing with the recession and it's the same club 'specializing' in a night a week. Can't complain about the prices though ;)

Well that's alright, anybody worthwhile round here goes anywhere but to Uni of Northampton. :)

It's not bad up here, but we could use a few more clubs. Everywhere seems to be closing with the recession and it's the same club 'specializing' in a night a week. Can't complain about the prices though ;)

Passion when its rock night :cool:.

Well that's alright, anybody worthwhile round here goes anywhere but to Uni of Northampton. :)

Anybody, anywhere should go to Northampton Uni as a last resort. Unfortunately for me, it was the only place that did my specific Advertising course.

I should of done the Advertising and Management course in Leeds, I should of gone Leeds :(

I am absolutely exhausted. My girlfriend has a chest infesction which was extremely bad overnight and she kept me up with her coughing so I had an awful nights sleep. Not that its her fault or anything, just a massive inconvenience when I have to be at work.

I am absolutely exhausted. My girlfriend has a chest infesction which was extremely bad overnight and she kept me up with her coughing so I had an awful nights sleep. Not that its her fault or anything, just a massive inconvenience when I have to be at work.

That sucks, time you gottna be at work?

I'm knackered, the missus still can't bend, pick owt up etc after our crash last week. So I have to do everything :(

So stupid old **** ran into us a roundabout. He was in the wrong lane and was about to miss his turning, so at the very last minute came across 2 lanes of traffic and hit up. Luckily it was the driver side though as my daughter sits in the back at passenger side. Or I dread to think what might have happened.

That sucks, time you gottna be at work?

I'm knackered, the missus still can't bend, pick owt up etc after our crash last week. So I have to do everything :(

I had to be at hospital for 8 o'clock and I just went into work after, which is where I am now.

I was just about to post asking what happened. Sounds like an awful situation :(. Despite what you have posted saying has happened, nothing serious I hope?

I hate having to sort out computer problems for people...especially ones who work in a job which it is essential to be working on one and they havent got a clue how to use them :mad:. Makes me wonder how they got a job in the first place!!

Oh, and I can add that at the hospital this morning, my consultant has discharged me and said my knee is in tip top condition :thup:. The football boots are still hung up though and I have no plans to come out of retirement.

I had to be at hospital for 8 o'clock and I just went into work after, which is where I am now.

I was just about to post asking what happened. Sounds like an awful situation :(. Despite what you have posted saying has happened, nothing serious I hope?

Nah the missus was badly bruised and aches though but it could have been worse. This will probably not mean much to most but it happened at Team Valley. ****ing hate that place.

Gratz on the all clear for knees btw :brock:

Yeah Team Valley is ****. I cant stand it either, but I prefer it to the Metro which I hate even more!!!

Me, the mrs & kids had a cracking day out at Tynemouth beach last Tuesday. Some wonderful houses there to :brock:.

The breaking news on the Sky Sports website reads:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out of England squad. Joleon Lescott called up.

I fully expect to see Lescott flying down the wing now ;).

I haven't started a new save since my Forest one late last week. Admittedly I did attempt two saves before that.

Gym induction tonight. I really am looking forward to going. Treadmill, Rowing Machine and the Bike for about an hour once I'm ready to go. I've also been told to cut out the crap and only eat 2000 calories a day. Instead of eating loads before going to the gym. Or not eating anything. Have a small portion of salad or fruit and then have some when I get in. I weigh about 17/18 stone. I want to get down to about 15. But it's going to small steps to start off with.

Drinking is my problem for weight. I notice a massive difference in my weight when I drink regularly. If I am off the drink for a week or two then the weight drops off because otherwise I eat properly.

I haven't started a new save since my Forest one late last week. Admittedly I did attempt two saves before that.

Gym induction tonight. I really am looking forward to going. Treadmill, Rowing Machine and the Bike for about an hour once I'm ready to go. I've also been told to cut out the crap and only eat 2000 calories a day. Instead of eating loads before going to the gym. Or not eating anything. Have a small portion of salad or fruit and then have some when I get in. I weigh about 17/18 stone. I want to get down to about 15. But it's going to small steps to start off with.

You want to eat something about an hour before training btw or you'll not have any energy. You should be looking at something like pasta etc when you are ready for a big training session.

Have 5-7 little meals throughout the day rather than a big meal for tea etc. The weight will drop off then if you exercise.

Is half hour ok? I'll be up at half 6 ish tomorrow to go for about half hour. I'll probably stay for an extra half hour and walk home. As my dad leaves to go home and get ready for work.

What other foods should I be looking at?

Fwiw, I loved it. Only did about 25/30 half today as I had my induction before hand.

Is half hour ok? I'll be up at half 6 ish tomorrow to go for about half hour. I'll probably stay for an extra half hour and walk home. As my dad leaves to go home and get ready for work.

What other foods should I be looking at?

Fwiw, I loved it. Only did about 25/30 half today as I had my induction before hand.

Food needs between 1-4 hours to digest so half hour will be okay if its not a lot you eat. The more you eat, the longer you need.

Drink water too, you need about 14 ounce to function okay.

Toast and jam or bagel and jam, fruit, cerals, pancakes, smoothies etc. This is all easy to burn off food and will provide good energy levels.

Then about 30 mins to an hour after training you should restock your body with glycogen and rehydrate. For this you want thinngs like eggs, oatmeal, flapjack, low fat milk, wholemeal toast, yogurt.

Glycogen? What is this? Rehydrate, like water and stuff. I've drank a fair bit of water today. Although I've also had a fair bit of crap foods.

It's this ;

Glycogen is a multibranched polysaccharide that serves as a form of energy storage in animals[2] and fungi. In humans, glycogen is made and stored primarily in the cells of the liver and the muscles, and functions as the secondary long-term energy storage (with the primary energy stores being fats held in adipose tissue). Glycogen can also be made via glycogenesis within the brain and stomach.[3]

Glycogen is the analogue of starch, a glucose polymer in plants, and is sometimes referred to as animal starch, having a similar structure to amylopectin but more extensively branched and compact than starch. Glycogen is found in the form of granules in the cytosol/cytoplasm in many cell types, and plays an important role in the glucose cycle. Glycogen forms an energy reserve that can be quickly mobilized to meet a sudden need for glucose, but one that is less compact than the energy reserves of triglycerides (lipids).

In the liver hepatocytes, glycogen can compose up to eight percent of the fresh weight (100–120 g in an adult) soon after a meal.[4] Only the glycogen stored in the liver can be made accessible to other organs. In the muscles, glycogen is found in a low concentration (one to two percent of the muscle mass). The amount of glycogen stored in the body—especially within the muscles, liver, and red blood cells[5][6][7]—mostly depends on physical training, basal metabolic rate, and eating habits such as intermittent fasting. Small amounts of glycogen are found in the kidneys, and even smaller amounts in certain glial cells in the brain and white blood cells. The uterus also stores glycogen during pregnancy to nourish the embryo.[8]

Do any of you know anyone who is a Solicitor or a Mediator?

Nope but I've been through one when I was in Sheffield. ****ing horrible experience and it can get dirty. Mediation is a much better form though and should always be the first option.

Fallen out with the missus I take it?

Not even close.

Its to do with her kids and their Dad wanting access to them and the kids not wanting to see him. Basically just wondering what our rights are.

Nope but I've been through one when I was in Sheffield. ****ing horrible experience and it can get dirty. Mediation is a much better form though and should always be the first option.

As explained in my response to Tom, we are going to see a Mediator tomorrow at the request of her ex's Solicitor. The kids dont want to see their Dad (remember they are 13 and 9). There is all sort of **** which went on during my girlfriends n her ex's relationship which I wont put on a forum, but he was a **** to put it nicely. He hasnt seen them for at least 5 years and now he believes he has all the rights in the world. He is on the dole and hasnt worked since he was 18 (he is 34 now), is an alcoholic and just generally an utter ******.

Excuse my French, but the starred words needed saying.

This clip is from Charlie Brooker talking about the Wire. Apologies for spamming the thread with videos about the Wire, but it really is the best thing that has ever been on a TV screen, and if you watch this you might be tempted to watch it. It shows clips from the series, so Id guess it is an 18 certificate clip. If that's no good for these forums, then sorry. But please, humor me and spend a few mins watch it.

[video=youtube;sZ2iGYwdEi8]

SLR 88 , my missus has had issues with her ex and her kid in the past, I think a lot comes down to if they were married. If they were , he has a lot more in his favor than if they were not.

No they werent married. She was stuck in a relationship with him for 9 years to put it nicely.

As explained in my response to Tom, we are going to see a Mediator tomorrow at the request of her ex's Solicitor. The kids dont want to see their Dad (remember they are 13 and 9). There is all sort of **** which went on during my girlfriends n her ex's relationship which I wont put on a forum, but he was a **** to put it nicely. He hasnt seen them for at least 5 years and now he believes he has all the rights in the world. He is on the dole and hasnt worked since he was 18 (he is 34 now), is an alcoholic and just generally an utter ******.

Excuse my French, but the starred words needed saying.

There old enough to decide if they want to see him or not. The mediator will probs ask them (without you or the missus around) and if they say they don't wanna then they don't have to.