Football Manager 2012 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know how to increase the font size of the news items and on the tactics screen on the right hand side the players names are tiny still, and various other areas are still in small text i can hardly read!

I'm having the same problem too. Restarted the game, reload the skin, whatever... done all and still can't get the skins to show...

EDIT : Got it working now... copy the folder that is inside the base2012bgskin which is base2012bg, and put it in the skins directory. Delete away the base2012bgskin folder. Do this for the rest if you have downloaded all 4 files.

So now, your directory should be

C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\base2012 dark bg

and not

C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\base2012darkbgskin\base2012 dark bg

I'm having the same problem too. Restarted the game, reload the skin, whatever... done all and still can't get the skins to show...

EDIT : Got it working now... copy the folder that is inside the base2012bgskin which is base2012bg, and put it in the skins directory. Delete away the base2012bgskin folder. Do this for the rest if you have downloaded all 4 files.

So now, your directory should be

C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\base2012 dark bg

and not

C:\Users\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\base2012darkbgskin\base2012 dark bg

done the trick mate much appreciated cheers!

You can use the ingame colour chooser option from the preferences menu to change the selection colour.

This was the first thing that i have done(before even asking) but it doesn't change it.("skin cache" and "reload skin at confirm" are anticked).

Michaelmurrayuk. Is it possible to change the alternating light and dark gray lines in the squad and other screens to them all being dark, please? If there is, could you please make any instructions understandable to a 'village idiot' standard? I am using thedark bg skin. Kind regards.

I was wondering if it is possible to move where the player availability panel starts on the player attributes page. If the players face is increased in size then a scroll bar appears at the right hand side. If the entire box is then increased in size to show all data then the player availabilty panel disappears completely.

Is it possible to have the player availabilty panel starting where the blue line is and in turn then have the players box extended all the way down as shown below? if so what code would need changed on the player profile.xml file

Capture-1.jpg

This is great work, thanks. One thing i have tried though without success is trying to get the old 2d match view back. The balls etc are a great little feature which id like to keep but the player icons i can not get used to and would like the disks back. I have tried deleting the 'kits' folder, but it hasnt seemed to have had any affect. Can you tell me how to do this please?

I'm playing with default skin a bit, got a couple of questions... How to make text centralised in team view like this?

bar-centre.jpg

I managed to do it with titlebar.xml, but the similar code for alignment (I led title/subtitle compared to team name/division info clue) but no succes...

And how to make tabs centralised like in preferences screen?

pref.jpg

Tnx

i can't get my stadium background pictures overlay working properly like you guys did. i copied those 9 files to bgoverlay folder, unticked use skin cache, ticked reload skin, ticked use backgrounds and still nothing. i really don't know what i'm doing wrong as i think i'm following your instrucions. of course you can imagine problem in using those backgrounds if behind some pale text is a cloud or sun, i can't read anything...

i can't get my stadium background pictures overlay working properly like you guys did. i copied those 9 files to bgoverlay folder, unticked use skin cache, ticked reload skin, ticked use backgrounds and still nothing. i really don't know what i'm doing wrong as i think i'm following your instrucions. of course you can imagine problem in using those backgrounds if behind some pale text is a cloud or sun, i can't read anything...

add this bit to the top of the global panels.xml, just before ''panels box'' part, overwriting existing code. bold part is the key.

<!--backgrounds-->

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" gap="0" offset="0"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<!-- top padding -->

<container height="165"/>

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0"/>

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default">

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>

</widget>

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" hidden="true">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="0" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>

</widget>

<container class="plain_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlay">

</container>

</container>

</container>

Then just create file named overlay.png to SKIN_NAME/graphics/backgrounds. Modify transparency in Photoshop as you like.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concerning my question... This the best I've got so far.

capture.png

and the edited bit of a code

<!-- club/nation/team names -->
   <container>
     <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="0"/>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

<container height="59">
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="0"/>
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="15" layout_children="true"/>

<!--team container stuff-->
       <widget class="action_button" id="tcon" auto_size="horizontal" appearance="button/team titlebar/button" size="12"/>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="-10"/>
       <widget class="popup_button" id="tcpo" fixed="true" text="" width="20" appearance="menu/team titlebar"/>

<!--spacer-->
       <container width="10"/>

<!--team popup-->
       <widget class="action_button" id="team" auto_size="horizontal" appearance="button/team titlebar/button" size="12" />
       <widget class="popup_button" id="tepo" fixed="true" text="" width="20" appearance="menu/team titlebar"/>

<!--spacer-->
       <container width="10"/>

<!--division info-->
       <widget class="text" id="divt" multiline="false" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="bottom">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="-2"/>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="325"/>
       <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="subt" skip_if_null="false" set_property="hidn"/>
         <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="subt" set_property="text"/>
         <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>
       </widget>
     </container>

<container/>

any way to make team name and division info move separately, because although it is set to be in middle, on club screen both titles move a bit to the left, because there is less text (Nth in Serie A / Club, Italy)?

I wondered if anyboy could help me..

I am using the dark version of this skin and my ordinary stadium backgrounds are working fine on a matchday as antcipated.

However, my deault background is not working, despite being in my own graphic fole wth its own config.xml.

Do I need to perhaps change one of the other .xml files to force it to appear?

Any help woul be appreciated

Thanks

THAKS

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the base2012bg but I still could not see the background pictures, I have ticked the "show background pictures" and "always reload skin on confirm" and untick "use skin cache". Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed the colours of the attributes successfully. I've changed the attribute threshold for players succesfully, However, I can't get it to work for non-players. I've followed the OP instructions, but can't figure out why it works for players but not for non-players.

I've decreased the first two values by 1, thats all. Works for players, but non-players not. I've changed the values in both the ‘player attributes panel.xml’ and ‘non player profile.xml’.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much for these. I actually can't play the game without them. I use the dark skin and follow your instructions for changing the font size to make the game readable.

I'm not that old, my eyes aren't that bad, but I simply cannot look at the default font size on this laptop. Your help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

now with the 12.2 update I appear to be missing the date in the top left corner aswell as the button which pulls down to let me rest my players. its annoying as I used it to see the date and see who's logo it is on a match day

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I had the same problem. You have to simply rename or delete "calendar timeline view.xml" in the panels folder of your skin. I won't change this file anyway.

I tried this but the problem hasn't gone away even after reloading the skin. Anything else I can do?

I'm using a bigger font.

menulg.jpg

How can I make these menus bigger or move the text?

Thanks.

You need to edit the 'team instructions mini.xml' file located in the panels folder (or the panels.fmf file if not with your skin)

Locate this bit of code near the top of the file:

<!-- General Strategies table -->

<widget class="table" mode="fill_rows" layout="-1, 5, -1">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0"/>

<boolean id="fixed_rows" value="true"/>

<integer id="row_height" value="
"/>

<boolean id="stretch_to_fit_rows" value="true"/>

And increase the row height value until you are happy.

Archived