Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what I'm not sure about, but to my grossly tuned ears "long term future" sounds like 4 to 5 years. There may be certain clauses about games played before the next year activiated, for example, but if im along the right lines I find it hard to justify that approach over a 2 year contract now with the possibility for an extension when it runs out. I am incredibly fearful of either Gerrard becoming badly injured or losing all his athletic abilities in the next few years and us having a big contract on our hands for no real reason.

He could go for another 5 years if used properly. He perhaps wont play week in week out in a couple of years, but I presume he has looked after himself well enough and may go to his late 30s. The really top players often do. He certainly has enough intelligence to his game to adapt as his athleticism starts to go down.

He could go for another 5 years if used properly. He perhaps wont play week in week out in a couple of years, but I presume he has looked after himself well enough and may go to his late 30s. The really top players often do. He certainly has enough intelligence to his game to adapt as his athleticism starts to go down.

I definitely expect that as time goes on he will play deeper and be the one to ping the ball around for us keep it moving and the early telling ball.

Any news on Spearing's injury?

nope there has been nothing.

edit: according to rawk there was a press conference today and Kenny said doubtful for stoke but back in a week. Honestly would be quite happy to see Coady given a go, we don't have anyone else who can do the holding role, unless we decide to go three at the back (or stick Aurelio in there). Alternatively, Coady is 10 years younger than me and makes me feel old so on that basis he should be taken out back and shot.

Would actually be quite happy with 3 at the back and give Coates a chance, I feel we really need to see more of him so we know if we need to be looking for anyone in the summer.

I think given how much we spent on Coates we really need to see how good he is. Otherwise we end the season with him as our potential third choice CB and no idea how much he has adapted. We may well be in a position where we don't need a single defender in the summer, but that would be with Kelly as 3rd FB and Coates 3rd CB.

Tickets for 2nd leg have gone on general sale, only need to have a fan membership to be eligible for tickets.

Didnt know you were a Liverpool fan!. Already got my ticket but I hate that membership thing but its probably the only way of getting a ticket these days.

Reina, Enrique, Coates, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Gerrard, Kuyt. Subs: Aurelio, Carroll, Doni, Shelvey, Kelly, Flanagan, Bellamy.

Hoofball :(

If Gerrard doesn't do anything today I fail to see where a goal would come from? Dirk who hasn't scored since april or may?

Quite disappointed with that starting XI. No Agger or Maxi whatsoever, and leaving out Carroll when this should one of his earmarked games is odd. That is even more the case when we are likely to have Carragher putting his boot through the ball every time possible.

Archived