Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hate ****** underhand stuff like that, puts me off the whole thing

Just trivialised the whole issue.I have already signed it, but I know my immediate thought was "what is this? this isnt about cavani?" and i went to shut the window. add into that most non-liverpool fans will be even quicker to shut the tab given theyll likely not know of the plight of the family, nor care about the official site, and its a thin line between pulling people into sign it and pushing them away.

a simple: "heres a worthy cause. please sign this petition", would have sufficed.

Or someone who's suffered a huge injury, RVN

This can be twisted to suit whatever agenda you need :thup:

Congrats on proving the point I was making, reading is hard. :thup:

Defoe has came out and said that he needs to play regular football.

Not good enough for us. Chance conversion rate is low, goals per minutes played is low. Simple as.

ive been thinking over the last few weeks and as it seems kenny is reluctant to buy a new striker (even tho we're linked with anyone and everyone) why dont we give maxi a try up front?

i'll be honest now and at a risk of getting flamed, im not maxi's biggest fan. i think he's been awful for us in most things that arent centred around the opposition box, its all well and good saying he scores goals but its the fundamentals he gets wrong in midfield the unseen things that go unnoticed that costs us and i believe thats why he doesnt get games. so why not lose that part of his game and put him upfront where he has no other responsibilities other than make runs and score goals which we all know he does well?

hes the type of partner carroll needs with his movement and intelligent runs that will create space for carroll to do somthing in.

just a thought.

His goal per minutes this season is 117, not many are ahead of him.

Last 2 seasons, Defoe's success rate on converting "clear chances" according to EPL index is 1 in 16. That's a 6% rate. 30 years old. Over his career averages one in three.

Not good enough, certainly not worth the cash. Plenty better value elsewhere.

ah, i think my and emerson's point is more that maxi is worth playing even in his old role, he was involved so much with everything that the drawbacks didn't matter. with Gerrard back I'd like to see both of them playing in attacking positions behind Carroll

What are the little things that maxi doesn't do ? The only things you can be critical is maybe physically he's a bit sub-par and not blessed with a great engine or pace, other than that he's no worse than the players ahead of him and certainly better in front of goal

i think you may have a point, he seems to have lost half a yard just like joe cole and it shows him up in midfield, he just seems to be a bit behind the pace of the game for me with his positioning and awareness and only really offers anything in and around the 18 yard box.

He is probably rusty from the lack of games.

Read a good article the other day about how its maybe time we start to look within our own setup for players to emerge. Would like to find it again.

Anyone here able to comment on reverse team games and youth setup as I certainly haven't seen enough to say x player will make it etc but the likes of Coady, Suso and Sterling all seem excellent prospects who I would like to see get more game time

Would help if we'd had many through, but Spearing and Kelly certainly don't seem light weights. Not really sure which Liverpool players he's referencing.
Yeah, Martin Kelly could smash all three of them, what's he talking about? :D

Edit: Spearing would kick them while they were down, then spit on and walk away laughing in his shellsuit and drinking a bottle of cheap cider.

The 'etc' on that Tweet doesn't actually mean anything, though, does it. Can't name a fourth player to add to that list.

That's not a defence of our academy players, btw, just picking up on an inaccurately snidy comment.

James Vaughan, Victor Anichebe, Francis Jeffers, Tony Hibbert :D and Leon Osman(bit unsure on that tbf.) **** at football maybe but physically.

A quick look at Transfer markets Young talents bit shows we have the same number of Former youth team players currently registered at Premier league clubs as Manchester united. I'm assuming its pretty much spot on admittedly but it shows our youth system isn't as bad as people sometimes make out.

Archived