4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto"

wijnand, just use the original tactic and low the closing down on all defenders and the 2 mids to own half instead of whole pitch, my best heading centre back on the right side he should get you 10 to 15 goals a season.

my best attacking centre mid on the left side but he still needs to know how to defend so a lazy amc wouldn't work i us chris cohen or enzo maresca in this position but it is one area i could do with a class midfielder.

as tatox said fastest most clinical striker on the right and a creative amc/fc on the left as he will get loads of assists.....

This is what i have found anyway it might differ from team to team

do you agree with this tatox?

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you use this tactic as it is against big teams or when you need to defend? As Aston Villa (granted, I don't have good players but I managed to win the premier league with my own normal 4-4-2 tactic), I lost 2 out of 5 games in the new season: 4-0 away at Barcelona and 4-1 home against Sunderland after one man was sent off. I played the whole preseason with this tactic and the players are by now quite familiar with it.

wijnand, just use the original tactic and low the closing down on all defenders and the 2 mids to own half instead of whole pitch, my best heading centre back on the right side he should get you 10 to 15 goals a season.

my best attacking centre mid on the left side but he still needs to know how to defend so a lazy amc wouldn't work i us chris cohen or enzo maresca in this position but it is one area i could do with a class midfielder.

as tatox said fastest most clinical striker on the right and a creative amc/fc on the left as he will get loads of assists.....

This is what i have found anyway it might differ from team to team

do you agree with this tatox?

yes ady... ;-)

FB: since it must cover the entire external zone: a) physical qualities, especially speed, b) quality techniques such as cross, marking, steps b) mental qualities like without the ball, position, team play.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean with STEPS?

Thanks, :)

Tatox, Ady944,

Any training schedule?

And what about the pitchsize? always MAX? because I manage a team with a field that can be 114 meters long and 70 meters wide..... have to choose that pitch size?

i use ravers training which i find the best upto now, but stats don't rocket up like on 2010! i have used the max size pitch but mine only goes upto 110 x 68, hope that helps

1st game of new season just beat birmingham 7-0!

i will get some screens posted up of new squad and latest results

Once again, i cant say how grateful i am, that this tactic was made. Works like a dream :) Second season, seeded 13 out of 14, with only a few reinforcements i have beaten almost all the top teams (draw with Vejle). In the cup i got thrown out in the second round, playing with the reserves, but the most interesting thing is that i in all the matches have won the shot-statistics.

viasatdivisioneninforma.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can't say I have the same experience as you guys. I lost another game: 4-2 against Sunderland. Against big teams that dominate possession or pacey forward lines (e.g. S'land's Bent-Gyan), I suffer a lot.

I can't say I have the same experience as you guys. I lost another game: 4-2 against Sunderland. Against big teams that dominate possession or pacey forward lines (e.g. S'land's Bent-Gyan), I suffer a lot.

Which team do you play with? And you have to accept that strange/big defeats will happen with this tactic, or at least until you are a top class team.

Aston Villa. I don't think my side can be termed top class but I came 2nd in the first season and 1st in the second, so I did well using my 'normal' tactic (basically a normal 4-4-2 with mentality adjusted according to match difficulty). I switched to this tactic as the comments and screenshots in here got me really curious but I've already lost 4 matches from 10.

Strange, and kinda bad if you came from a victorious season. Can i see your team, i could be that your players doesn't match to the system, and are you playing like crap in the games you are losing, or are the opponent just clinical when they finish?

Sure. I'll upload some screenies when I return home from work.

Basically the formation is this:

-------------------------------------Akinfeev----------------------------------------

M.Richards/K.Walker------Cuellar-----Dunne/Clark-----Warnock/Digne

-----------------------Rodwell/Petrov----Delph/Bannan----------------------

A.Young/Albrighton-------------------------------------Downing/A.Johnson

---------------Agbonlahor/Delfuoneso---Kalinic/Kadlec----------------------

The second season is now over, and it went fantastic. Won the league with one game left, and then decided to play with reserves. 6-5 i lost to Lyngby, who secured promotion on that result (2 red cards to them and still my defense ****ed it up, Lyngby were down 5-4 with 10 min left

My team was seeded 13 out of 14, and was no where near to have the squad to be challenging some of the better teams, but now i won the league and is looking forward to win the best league in the next season :p

Screen of the league

viasatdivisioneninforma.th.png

Screen of my best player - says all about how good this tactic are.

jackiechristensenprofil.th.png

could you put on opening post what attributes are need for each position please

I wonder also...

Can somebody give me more specific than this:

After showing a little something to tell you a little step ', role by role, what kind of players are used to this tactic:

GK: the best could find.

FB: since it must cover the entire external zone: a) physical qualities, especially speed, b) quality techniques such as cross, marking, steps b) mental qualities like without the ball, position, team play.

CB: best you could buy

MC: I used the median with good feet and / or central midfielders achieving excellent results. Career test to man utd I used Fletcher and Carrick (I will show you the statistics)

WGS: shift the balance are crucial. They must be fast, must be able to cross and dribble, must be able to play as a team. Do not need finalizing. Must be of the wings as well, not adapted attackers, the game would be affected to the extent that they no longer play for the team but would seek a personal solution

FR:will be your finalizer, then used the usual values and attributes tokeep under control . I invite you to consider, however, particularly the physical values.

FS:will be a bit 'finalizer, a little' finisher, so do not count as the finalization (15 already is fine) but what will count a lot: A) technical quality: passes, first game B) mental qualities: teamwork Without the ball, intuition and even a bit of imagination.

TATOX i just want to thank you for an AMAZING tactic, as always i started with my home team Blackburn Rovers, sold a couple of players and signed a couple of players, im now still in my first season and in january and we are 3rd in the premier league and with speculation that barcelona are goin to try and get me at the end of the season and also my leading goalscorer is being closely watched by ac milan he also loves this tactic which it states in his personal info. I love this tactic and hope u create one similar for the new patch when its released. If you would like to see some screenshots of my success just let me kno and i will post them

does the defensive version score less goals?

I'm using the original version with some defensive tweaks of my own, goals are still flowing in whilst I'm defending very well.

Record.png

Results.png

I've conceded 7 goals in 14 games over-all including pre-season, 3 in one game, so only 4 in the other 13 games.

I have tested the original tactic over a complete season and was happy with the overall result:

Played 70 games (including pre-season friendlies)

Won 52

Drew 14

Lost 4

Goals scored 176

Goals Against 39

I played Darren Bent as the right sided striker and he scored 47 goals in 52 games

So imo its a great tactic and would like to thank Tatox for all his hard work

I spent the beta version, more defensive, to someone who has offered to test it ... let's see 'how she responds

Tatox tu sei chiami Del Neri del cognome? :p

This tactic very much looks like the classic Del Neri tactic he used when he managed Cheivo 7-8years ago in their first season in the Serie A. With Luciano and Manfredini on the wings Corini in the middle and the two attackers Corradi and the other.

Tatox can you please test this tactic with Juve

Midfielders:

Felipe Melo - Aquilani

Pepe and Krasic wingers

in attack

Quagriella (Iaquinta) and Amauri (Del Piero)

Getting such impressive results with Man United is not hard it is another question with Juve.....

at sutnop, this tactic would be cheating with juve, the cms are perfect for it the wingers pure class for it and it uses creative/ poacher combo, the defence might be a bit iffy but the pure amazing attack on this tactic makes up for it, i thrashed my mate who was man u and im liverpool 7-3 in the champs league final, 3rd season, just thrashed him again 4-1 in the charity shield, this tactic is amazing, i havnt tried with weak teams and that dont interest me, if you want pure action, goals, goals, and more goals this tactic has your name on it lol

at sutnop, this tactic would be cheating with juve, the cms are perfect for it the wingers pure class for it and it uses creative/ poacher combo, the defence might be a bit iffy but the pure amazing attack on this tactic makes up for it, i thrashed my mate who was man u and im liverpool 7-3 in the champs league final, 3rd season, just thrashed him again 4-1 in the charity shield, this tactic is amazing, i havnt tried with weak teams and that dont interest me, if you want pure action, goals, goals, and more goals this tactic has your name on it lol

Hmmm in previous games I noticed that when playing in Italy with Palermo/Fiorentina (FM2008) my tactics worked less well then in the EPL because in ITaly the teams try to break/destroy your tactic more often. Since TaxTok is Italian I think it would be only good for Italy's best historic side ever. Also since his tactic is very similar too a lot of Del Neri tactics I would like to see how it would hold up in a Del Neri

let me put it like this lol, if this tactic was in real life ilke it is on here, juve would be league champs already lol, i used to follow italian football alot when it was on channel four but not so much now, milan are my italian team tho you from the 90's you can understand why, good to see them do so well again, oh and the defence will be good because i forgot about chiellini, with this tactic you want buffon back, standard back four, marchisio rcm, aqua lcm, krasic rw, usual winger lw, up front you want your pure pace out and out scorer on the right and king del piero players type on the left, tho you could prob play anyone and kick butt lol

I'm thinking in Milan with this tactic. Have great player for MC positions. Great Wingers, and a great attack force. Just waiting for this transfer season to start using it. I'm using with Arsenal and it works great for me.

i think i seen somewhere both defensive tho the one on the left more attacking of the two, if that makes sense, tho i seen someone playing with city and played james milner on the right, so that messes that up lol, maybe sutnop can clarify the atts from the opening post, or any italian please, if no one has by supv at work is italian, i'll see at work tonight if he can make sense or anyone??????

I lowered the mentality of the back four and two central midfielders. lowered defensive line and changed 'play offside' to 'counter attack'

results below:

19a0f6117076547.jpg

Tactic download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dc8fhay38coii23

TATOX - thankyou so much for this tactic it is the best I have seen on fm'11.

Can Someone

a) Post the tactic with the modded defense that the Notthm FOREST guy is using and the Danish Guy is using I.E. A good version with the tweaks.

b) Try this tactic out with Juventus

A. That's a very good version with tweaks.

B. Try it out yourself.

I lowered the mentality of the back four and two central midfielders. lowered defensive line and changed 'play offside' to 'counter attack'

results below:

19a0f6117076547.jpg

Tactic download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dc8fhay38coii23

TATOX - thankyou so much for this tactic it is the best I have seen on fm'11.

i'm testing it and your tweaks seems to be good for a team like Parma

I'm using the original version with some defensive tweaks of my own, goals are still flowing in whilst I'm defending very well.

Record.png

Results.png

I've conceded 7 goals in 14 games over-all including pre-season, 3 in one game, so only 4 in the other 13 games.

can you put in download your tweaked tactic?

Why are you obsessed with trying it with juve???

Because I am suffering to see them hurting in this period in time. I can't understand why anyone who is a gamer can not test it. Including Tatox I've had the game for 1month soon and I've only managed to play until 1Septer2010 during my first save. I don't have the time or the hours to test it out properly.

And I heard this one guy saying it would be perfect for Juve but then he says it would be perfect for Milan and Milan and Juve have to completley different playing styles and players.......

Archived