4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto"

There as been some talk on here that by changing the team mentality to defensive doesn't have any effect because of the individual player settings but I beg to differ.

One example I have just experienced is, I played a cup Qtr final game in one of my saves last night. I am a mid table division one team against a team that is second in the top tier. I was away from home and played my normal attacking style and lost 4-0. Luckily my wife shut down the computer without saving FM or telling me she was shutting down so I had to play the game again. I played defensive and won 1-0. The third victory against a top team in the cup.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just Finished my season with Arsenal using your original tactic TATOX, and won everything with it. And my defence only suffered 18 goals in the league. the only signing I made in my defence was Otamendi in the January window.

Great Tactic!!!!

who did u use in STRRight position?

who did u use in STRRight position?

I used Arshavin as my STL and Van Persie as my STR. Nasri as AML and Walcott AMR. In January I bought Babacar and moved him as my STR and VP as my STL, then Arshavin AML and Nasri and walcott AMR.

Van Persie - 49 apps, 51 goals, 21 assists

Nasri - 39 apps, 18 goals, 13 assists

Arshavin - 50 apps, 26 goals, 25 assists

Walcott - 42 goals, 15 goals, 22 assists

Babacar - 19 apps, 14 goals, 4 assists

Hope it helps mate!!!!!

I used Arshavin as my STL and Van Persie as my STR. Nasri as AML and Walcott AMR. In January I bought Babacar and moved him as my STR and VP as my STL, then Arshavin AML and Nasri and walcott AMR.

Van Persie - 49 apps, 51 goals, 21 assists

Nasri - 39 apps, 18 goals, 13 assists

Arshavin - 50 apps, 26 goals, 25 assists

Walcott - 42 goals, 15 goals, 22 assists

Babacar - 19 apps, 14 goals, 4 assists

Hope it helps mate!!!!!

thaks mate!

anyone tried to move one MC to DMC from the original tactic to reduce the holes before my DCs ? It really worked in my Mancity save, my Mancity did not leak goals too much as before (I often leaked goals when my opposition' FW marked my DC and got the ball to have chances "face to face" my GK) ! Impressed!!

anyone tried to move one MC to DMC from the original tactic to reduce the holes before my DCs ? It really worked in my Mancity save, my Mancity did not leak goals too much as before (I often leaked goals when my opposition' FW marked my DC and got the ball to have chances "face to face" my GK) ! Impressed!!

I have been toying with the idea. Noticed Knap's 4222 tactic uses this.

CM

DM

In both my games (mancity and Liver), the defense was much more solid. Tried with your game to see whether it worked for you or not

-Mancity: 15 match - Ag:4

-Liver: 11 match (includes vs MU and vs Arsenal)- Ag: 7 (4 from free kick and corner)

I'm testing and let you know when season finishes

But keep the arrows?

So, I tried loading this, an FM11 tactic into FM10. I didn't expect backwards compatability, so I was surpised when the game loaded it fine. What I didn't expect was that it would give me a tactic with every position on the pitch occupied by a clone of Alex Sanchez (in the Tactics screen).

Barcelona%20v%20R.%20Madrid%20-4.png

So I then started a game against Real Madrid expecting some sort of horrific crash, but no, instead something even stranger happened.

Barcelona%20v%20R.%20Madrid%20-5.png

Yes, I had four goalkeepers, and a Barcelona team which liked to cluster in a small group, making any passing useless. I'm also pretty sure Real Madrid could pass to anybody in an offside position with no fear of offside as well.

So I didn't end up with an FM10 version of this tactic (just to see if it worked because I don't own FM11, I doubt the match engine changed that drastically), but I did get a good chuckle. I assume I need to give each player specific instructions, but I can't find images of those in this thread, only player instructions and formation. So I would be very grateful if somebody took pictures of each player's instructions.

Started using this tactic last night with my Reading save. I used the one the Forest guy did (ie the amended defensive option) and so far i am having some cracking results. Will post screenshots when i get home but from the top of my head recent results were (all wins)

5-1 v Doncaster

4-2 v Southampton

5-0 v Cardiff

5-1 v Leeds

2-1 v Scunthorpe

im sure tatoxs is the best for good attacking teams and it'll bring u kevin keegan style, we'll score more than you footy, he made a parma tac that is more defensive, and i think everyone else that has tweaked them to be more defensive

I tried all the versions of this tactic and i have to admit that is the only and one tactic that kept my interest for testing. The strong point of this tac , as you all mentioned in your posts above, is the attack and the production of CCC and goals. The only thing that it needed a tweak is the defence and how we could make it better without 'damaging' the attack.

I tested this tc with a team that is newly promoted to the scottish premier league and has a mediocre squad compared to the others. Using the tweaks mentioned i only managed to get mixed results like 3-3 , 4-4, 3-4 etc... Here some screens using especialy the TTGB tweak:

berwickvstjohnstoneinfo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Try not to look only at the final result but at the shots that the opponents made...

So i tried to make the defence tougher and more reliable by reducing the defensive line pressing, the FB's mentality and closing down of the DC's, but suprisingly the results was the same even worse! I conceded more goals at the back while i was struggling more at the front...

Then i tried the only way that left to me in order to make this attacking tactic work....to make it even more attacking!. Well i know it sounds scary (i thought the same) but believe me it worked! Here are the tweaks i made and suprisingly my team became more solid at the back and productive at the front:

- Increased the defensive line in order to make my team push higher up

- Ticked the 'play offside' option

- Ticked the 'tight marking' option

- Ticked the counter attack option

- Focus passing 'mixed'

- Made some changes on the player instructions making them more aggressive and attacking

Here are some match screens using my new tweaked version:

livingstonvberwickinfor.png

berwickvhibernianinform.png

As you can see my team ganerated many goals and conceded only a few. But the proof that this tweak actualy works is the on target shots that the opponet make... My team produced a very attractive football pressing all over the pitch with agression and winning to many rebounds and 'second' balls. The key for this tweak is the high pressure all over the pitch and the excellent counters they can make...

Here is my 'Sir Alex' tweak of this tactic, for you to try it out!

http://hotfile.com/dl/104289845/f5fe9a4/424_Sir_Alexs_Tweak_(Berwick_Oct_2015).tac.html

Hope you enjoy it! ;)

How is it possible that your tweaked version of Tatox tactic is almost identical to the latest tactic posted by Mr. Hough?

with the origanal tactic i have pulled a striker back to def mid role,given him the exactly same settings as the 2 mc apart from his mentality 1 notch less,move the striker in the central role,working great for man utd,gives better defence and still strong in attack

just demolished rangers with man utd 6-0 12ccc to there mighty 1

"4-2-4 antwerp" works like a charm for my Betis team.

I had a storming start of the season, half of the season almost finished and i'm themost scorerer and least conceder team in league.

I can add some screenshots if you want, thanks to TTGB and satorox.

I tried all the versions of this tactic and i have to admit that is the only and one tactic that kept my interest for testing. The strong point of this tac , as you all mentioned in your posts above, is the attack and the production of CCC and goals. The only thing that it needed a tweak is the defence and how we could make it better without 'damaging' the attack.

I tested this tc with a team that is newly promoted to the scottish premier league and has a mediocre squad compared to the others. Using the tweaks mentioned i only managed to get mixed results like 3-3 , 4-4, 3-4 etc... Here some screens using especialy the TTGB tweak:

berwickvstjohnstoneinfo.png

Try not to look only at the final result but at the shots that the opponents made...

So i tried to make the defence tougher and more reliable by reducing the defensive line pressing, the FB's mentality and closing down of the DC's, but suprisingly the results was the same even worse! I conceded more goals at the back while i was struggling more at the front...

Then i tried the only way that left to me in order to make this attacking tactic work....to make it even more attacking!. Well i know it sounds scary (i thought the same) but believe me it worked! Here are the tweaks i made and suprisingly my team became more solid at the back and productive at the front:

- Increased the defensive line in order to make my team push higher up

- Ticked the 'play offside' option

- Ticked the 'tight marking' option

- Ticked the counter attack option

- Focus passing 'mixed'

- Made some changes on the player instructions making them more aggressive and attacking

Here are some match screens using my new tweaked version:

livingstonvberwickinfor.png

berwickvhibernianinform.png

As you can see my team ganerated many goals and conceded only a few. But the proof that this tweak actualy works is the on target shots that the opponet make... My team produced a very attractive football pressing all over the pitch with agression and winning to many rebounds and 'second' balls. The key for this tweak is the high pressure all over the pitch and the excellent counters they can make...

Here is my 'Sir Alex' tweak of this tactic, for you to try it out!

http://hotfile.com/dl/104289845/f5fe9a4/424_Sir_Alexs_Tweak_(Berwick_Oct_2015).tac.html

Hope you enjoy it! ;)

Hello all, was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Up untill november/December this tactic was working like a charm for my Fulham side, we were still loosing the odd game but by and large out played most teams and the ones we lost we still had chances

However since then i have just been in complete freefall, i am assuming it is because the game has got used to one tactic? could anyone give me any help at all in what to do to amend the situation?

Cheers

"4-2-4 antwerp" works like a charm for my Betis team.

I had a storming start of the season, half of the season almost finished and i'm themost scorerer and least conceder team in league.

I can add some screenshots if you want, thanks to TTGB and satorox.

Yeah I wouldn't mind having a look

I found ver 1 of Sir Alex Tweak http://www.mediafire.com/?xk9tj69dw3hak39

as the most successful tactic.

Granted i have a good team of regens (kept signing over 30 tutors who are both professional and have good determination)

My team was described by my assistant manager as a highly professional bunch

I use team blend all the way through and they have been playing together for 3 to 5 seasons

In 4 seasons results 4xCL consecutively, 3x World Club Cup, 3x La Liga, 1 x Spanish Cup

2nd latest season I played i had 130 goals scored

latest season has seen 36 won, 2 drawn 0_0, granted I change tactics for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid (to a 4-3-3 to better counter those 4-2-3-1s)

the only teams that can beat me.

I go on holiday with Sir Alex Tweaks for league matches besides the 3 above

This is incredibly broken!

from a portuguese site... im from portugal

yes also this is

rr_4evar
I've been using this tactic (fabulous) in Louletano,

orangina'm already in the league, but I found a grave tactical error in that suffers a lot of goals. Many times he was winning by 2-0 and the opposing team reached a draw or even win,

so I decided to start moving in tactics without moving the way you play it, and improvements to the defensive and kept the offensive force.

with the original tactic had an average of 2.44 goals scored and conceded 1.8

with my version got an average of 2.64 goals scored and conceded 0.54

As you can see, does not change much offensively, defensively but has greatly improved

With my new version I became a league champion with orangina Louletano

download

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20064991/4-2-4+devasto_defense+(Louletano,+Mai+2013).tac

Metruri on February 26, 2011 - 02:45, said:

Shovel I have the same problem ... I got the tar to win 4-1 at the port and if the game was over 10 minutes they drew or lost i ... was 4-3, and then a tie when I had a lead of 2 goals or speak up, although the team had an average of 23 shots on goal ... I do not understand, but not me tb resulta.Hei-start a new save in another tactical team experience pa

Oh, and it made for patch 1.2.1

rr_4evar

Well, that's what happened to me and decided to start moving on the tactical and now I no longer happens.

I posted for download a few post's tactical ago

So is that new updated tactic any good?

its ok its aot tighter at the back but In my opinion its not like the original version.

crags,with which version of the tactic Yaya Sanogo scores 100 + goals ?

original version, but he gave oi's and set him target man, he said.

Archived