4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto"

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great tac really congratulations but i want know if i change the attacking instruction of my DC on corner it's gonna change something on the team style or not because i think with a better disposition on corner we can score more goals

i'm working on corner's disposition ;-)

Just a quick update, still top of champioship by 9 points lost 4 all season, sold blackstock for 4.4m in jan window and replaced him with garra dembele so hopefully will be good business, mouche still on fire tho! also got dodo for 1.6m! and smithies for 700k

24q6a89.jpg

thanks mate...this is the answer to those who complain!!!

Why are you complaining? You should expect both positive and negative feedback. Otherwise you shouldn't share a tactic on a public forum. I think that the tactic is great but clearly isn't the best defensively. Tried some tweaks tonight, but it's difficult.

Why are you complaining? You should expect both positive and negative feedback. Otherwise you shouldn't share a tactic on a public forum. I think that the tactic is great but clearly isn't the best defensively. Tried some tweaks tonight, but it's difficult.

I refer to those who use this tactic to only two games and maybe the critics, although it has specified that, to make it work, it takes between 3 and 6 games ;-)

I apologize for my bad english...

I refer to those who use this tactic to only two games and maybe the critics, although it has specified that, to make it work, it takes between 3 and 6 games ;-)

I apologize for my bad english...

I tried it for 15 with a top team. I wasn't complaining as such, just giving my opinion. I said that it was awesome in attack so I gave some positives too.

TATOX, i have to compliment on making this tactic. It aint perfect, but you can never make a perfect tactic. Like other have already pointed out, the defense is leaking a lot of goals, but it doesn't matter if the offense is as superb as it is. I'm currently playing with a lower league team in Denmark (is equal to a mediocre league two team) and it goes very well. I have lost three games - 1-0, my strikers didn't perform - 3-0, personal fouls by the defense - and 2-0 in the cup to a team from the top league, but was in the game to the very end. All the other matches won to a total of 48-13 in 9 games. By the way only changed the set pieces setup.

So hope you are experimenting on making this tactic even better, and i will report back when i have played more matches and probably try some changes myself.

KUTGW

TATOX, i have to compliment on making this tactic. It aint perfect, but you can never make a perfect tactic. Like other have already pointed out, the defense is leaking a lot of goals, but it doesn't matter if the offense is as superb as it is. I'm currently playing with a lower league team in Denmark (is equal to a mediocre league two team) and it goes very well. I have lost three games - 1-0, my strikers didn't perform - 3-0, personal fouls by the defense - and 2-0 in the cup to a team from the top league, but was in the game to the very end. All the other matches won to a total of 48-13 in 9 games. By the way only changed the set pieces setup.

So hope you are experimenting on making this tactic even better, and i will report back when i have played more matches and probably try some changes myself.

KUTGW

thanks mate, if you want to share with me and with us all your changes I would be happy ;-)

Finished my season with forest, 1st place in championship with over 100points and 120 goals scored!!!!! Mouche ended up with 29 goals in 29 games so not bad for a £500k signing! on to the premiership we go, will post screenie up later

Finished my season with forest, 1st place in championship with over 100points and 120 goals scored!!!!! Mouche ended up with 29 goals in 29 games so not bad for a £500k signing! on to the premiership we go, will post screenie up later

29ej2vs.jpg

Some great results here. After the draw with aberdeen I tweaked the defensive instructions, setting a deeper line, knocking the defenders mentality down a couple of notches and having my DC's stand off more, this has countered the killer through ball that gives up so many ccc. I now give up fewer ccc on 1 on 1 situations, if a through ball against me is successful, then often a defender is one hand to put the opposing forward under pressure and even the likes of Robinho, Drogba and Ibrahimovic are fluffing shots. Milan and Chelsea managed a total of 9 ccc in the 4 games, Aberdeen and Falkirk managed 5 each and Schalke managed 4. Real Madrid's pacy attack gave me a lot of problems, but I'm not sure if there is a way I could have avoided that.

My results since using this tactic. It came too late to save my SPL season,(which was quite good, but Celtic played incredibly) but worked a treat in Europe. Screenshot2011-01-21at120456AM.png

This is a very attacking tactic but I can't afford to concede at leaast one goal per game.The defence is very leaky!!!I have Derby and I also have bought some quality signings.Despite that,the opposition creates many chances.I will post a screenie if you like.Any solution?

This is a very attacking tactic but I can't afford to concede at leaast one goal per game.The defence is very leaky!!!I have Derby and I also have bought some quality signings.Despite that,the opposition creates many chances.I will post a screenie if you like.Any solution?

i'm working on a most solid defence ;-)

Winger tactics always leak goals unless you use defensive wingers.

Not really I conceded 14 goals in my last season with a 4-5-1 tactic with AMR and AML scoring just as much goals as my Striker. The solution to not conceding is pushing the d-line very far up the field and having fast defenders with good positioning and anticipation.

anyone would test more defensive version of this tactic???

I dont think you can make enough tweaks to make it "defensive" per say, but you can certainly make the defense better without having a negative effect on the attack. The best way to reduce the through ball ccc is to drop deeper and stand off more, it worked for me. 12 goals conceded in 13 games (after defensive tweaks), including 5 Champions League games may not be for the defensive purist, bit I also scored 36 in that time.

If you want a genuinely defensive tactic, then I think you are looking in the wrong thread, this tactic was clearly created to score goals, whilst sacrificing defense a bit.

I dont think you can make enough tweaks to make it "defensive" per say, but you can certainly make the defense better without having a negative effect on the attack. The best way to reduce the through ball ccc is to drop deeper and stand off more, it worked for me. 12 goals conceded in 13 games (after defensive tweaks), including 5 Champions League games may not be for the defensive purist, bit I also scored 36 in that time.

I have done the tweaks as you said but how do you make the dc stand off more?

Thanks

U should try lower ine of ur cm menatlity and pressing settings. It will help too. Set gk to distribute the ball to one of ur fullbacks also. Set pieces need some tweaks too.

U should try lower ine of ur cm menatlity and pressing settings. It will help too. Set gk to distribute the ball to one of ur fullbacks also. Set pieces need some tweaks too.

I'll give that a try, I did alter my set piece settings a bit also and have my GK distribution on defender collect. Cheers.

Archived