So are we finally happy with 11.1.1. now?

So are we now finally happy with 11.1.1.?  

531 members have voted

1. 1. So are we now finally happy with 11.1.1.?

• Absolutely! Some minor issues, but nothingĀ“s gonna stop my career now!
    • There are a few problems, but its ok and i have to live with that and will play
    • This game is a waste of time and unplayable! I will wait until 11.2. for sure!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's only one problem with this game so far, and that is top players being sold at market value, which in my mind is a bug. Anyway, the transfer issue is like a broken record and it's being looked at, and any changes will be save compatible, so i'm happy with that.

Too many injuries? Not for me, i rest my players, you should try it guys! Certainly no more injuries than what we see in real life. Premiership teams are always having injury crises. Look at Man Utd, Arsenal, and today Spurs have half a squad out. This IS football, so stop complaining.

Too many yellow cards? Ok, so when i see the stats on other games there are alot, but for me personally not too many. If anything i think there needs to be a balancing between yellow/red cards, because there are too many yellows, but hardly game breaking is it? Unless you are completley anal. Anyway, suspensions add to the challenge.

Poor player/manager interaction? Ok so the options are rudimentary, and there is no room for negotiation with a player, no maneuverability, no chance of placating them, and it's all very manipulative and chess like. But if you are sensible you can keep a squad more than happy. Just common sense really.

So, as i said, once the superstar players being sold at market value, or players like Drogba wanting to leave the club for no reason yet still having superb morale etc is sorted, which i am optimistic will be slightly bettered before Christmas(I HOPE!!!!), then what we have here is probably the best FM/CM yet. In my opinion.

Whats this transfer bug people are talking about?

Why don't you try reading the first sentence of the post above yours?

I think this game is better than FM2010, a game which I got bored of by December. I'm enjoying this game alot but some of my fun is taken away by the shoddy defending in the ME, especially from crosses, and the high number of CCC's that my players miss.

Mostly seems fine to me, the only slightly dodgy transfer in the Prem for the whole window was Pienaar to Chelsea for 6.5M which would be unlikely to happen in real life with a couple of years to run on his contract. The major problem I'm having is that the set piece takers and instructions at set pieces still keep resetting when I even slightly alter my system or make a sub etc, I thought this was fixed in the new patch?

NO, this is the place, because I can't accept that SI is announcing things like this while it isn't true, exactly like the new training system...

it's a shame

Have you actually posted anything in the bugs forum? If yes, well done.

If no, i suggest you stop your tantrums and do so.

Your complaints are getting old mate

NO, this is the place, because I can't accept that SI is announcing things like this while it isn't true, exactly like the new training system...

it's a shame

No this really isn't place.

As mentioned by others and by me in another thread where you were also trolling, custom views seem ok.

If you have serious issues then I suggest you do either:

1) log them as bugs in the bug forum, following the posting rules and posting evidence OR

2) Walk away and stop trolling because it is clear you are not enjoying FM11 and your constant trolling is annoying everyone else.

EDIT a quick search of the bug forum shows that you've not logged anything which makes your constant whining even less bearable.

I'd be very happy with this game except for the transfer system. The introduction of agents is needed but it seems like they lumped it in and waited on the community feedback to see how they should adjust it, things that they should be doing in their beta testing stage. The private chat system is a good feature but the phrases seem like different ways of saying the same thing but have big differences towards how the game engine will react. Better phrases or more transparency on what each phrase actually means please. I think the training aspect is improved and I hope they will continue to flesh that out in future versions. Football Manager has a reputation for not being consumer ready until the patch after the january window which isnt good enough, the game should be ready on release day with minor tweaks coming in the patches.

Sorry dont see any of these problems. The passing is great in the game along with the new player movements and the tackling has improved massively. I have had no problems with injuries at all I have hardly had any in my first season. Maybe its your training schedule as you are working them too hard. You must be playing a different game as the features in my game work fine. As another poster has said dont buy the game and maybe now if you dont like it un subscribe from these forums

And who exactly made you the Forum Police mate?

Grow up??? I'm 53 years old you stupid little boy, I'm obviously just not as exited about this rubbish as you are!

As a 53 year old I would have thought you'd be able to rise above the hyperbole. The game is not rubbish. It has issues ranging from major to extremely minor but rubbish? No. Not at all. And unlike other developers we can be assured that SI will do all they can to correct these issues.

And who exactly made you the Forum Police mate?

Nobody made me the forum police mate. Just pointing out if you hate the game that much why waste your time on the forums. Surely you must have better things to do!!!

/rant mode on

This poll/thread is a fine example of what's wrong with this forum in the 5 weeks post-launch period:

80% of people are playing

20% are saying 'unplayable'

Yet, the majority of the posting is being done by the 20% minority.

"Yes, we are whining and bitching because this game is unplayable because we want to make FM better"

Sorry, but if you guys want the game to get better I suggest to the '20% unplayable faction':

1. Post in the bugs section of this forum

You are not going to solve the problems by posting here; you are just attention whoring, sorry.

If you really want to get SI working on bugs, start posting in the bugs forum.

2. be a beta-tester next year

See how many bugs you will allow into the game yourself...

For the '80% playable faction':

Happy gaming!

Sorry for the rant against the ranters, but I had to get this of my chest.

/rant mode off

20% is quite a lot of un-happy people whether it's a minority or not mate and let's just say for arguments sake, a company lost 20% of it's customers every time it brought out a new product, how long do you think that company would still be trading for?

This game does have potential but at the moment it is a long way from being what was promised so people have the right to be disappointed and complain.

Grow up??? I'm 53 years old you stupid little boy, I'm obviously just not as exited about this rubbish as you are!

Shouldn't you be doing your garden or something else, instead of wasting time on a forum for a game you obviously hate

Lets be honest guys its not even anywhere close to 20%. More like less than 1%. However they shout loudly and open lots of threads so it seems worse than it is.

Makolligs 'rant' does say it all, either post bugs and/or apply to beta test when the threads about it are put up.

As has been said by many, in terms of complaints this is probably the quietest these forums have ever been at launch time. Which tells me that a heck of a lot of people are far too busy enjoying their game atm.

EDIt: just realised that teh 20% relates to this poll. In which case its not even close to representative, not even 1% of members have voted.

20% is quite a lot of un-happy people whether it's a minority or not mate and let's just say for arguments sake, a company lost 20% of it's customers every time it brought out a new product, how long do you think that company would still be trading for?

This game does have potential but at the moment it is a long way from being what was promised so people have the right to be disappointed and complain.

And what exactly was promised. Can you find a better managment sim that has no bugs etc or in fact any game that has no bugs in it. This game has been proven to be the best game out to represent football management. Nobody else seems see the same issues as you do. In fact majority have said the match engine is better than in all the other versions. You are the only one who seems to see these issues. Maybe your looking for something that cant be re-created after all it is only a game and is not real or maybe your just a perfectionist and nothing is right for you

I can't stand the "prepared tactics" thing honestly. I usually like to start and "cheat" a bit reloading to see what tactics work best so I can work out how to play the game, I cant really do that if i'm supposed to stick to three. I tend to start over when I've gotten to hang of things, and it doesnt usually take more than a season before I'm comfortable, but as it is, it feels like no matter what I change the tactic to it doesn't help, I can't seem to work out what's a good tactic due to this stupid system.

I can't stand the "prepared tactics" thing honestly. I usually like to start and "cheat" a bit reloading to see what tactics work best so I can work out how to play the game, I cant really do that if i'm supposed to stick to three. I tend to start over when I've gotten to hang of things, and it doesnt usually take more than a season before I'm comfortable, but as it is, it feels like no matter what I change the tactic to it doesn't help, I can't seem to work out what's a good tactic due to this stupid system.

Hardly a bug that needs fixing in a patch. Just a new feature that makes it the game more realistic

Not sure what you are getting at. Where does it say you are only allowed 3? You can have as many as you like, its just you can only train your team to learn 3 at a time. Which is 3 more than we've ever been able to get them to learn. You just need to get your head round it and understand what this system offers you.

And the day that they change something in game to suit people who reload is the day I'll be walking away. Its your game, you do what you like but please don't ask for changes to suit this style of play.

So players being sold at market value is a bug? Then perhaps we should alter the definition of market value. :)

From what I understand there is some issue with player happiness triggering the AI to list their best players, which I assume they will fix. I myself am wondering how the AI is trying to deal with teams that have no reason to exist, like Real Madrid, Man C, which spend like 200% of their budget on wages, digging holes till some rich guy bails them out.

But in my game, I have not seen any of these issues. Once you reach 2020, all players are regens anyway, so you no longer look surprised. :)

I have enjoyed this edition from the start, so I'll continue to do so. Trying to push Belgium all the way up the DLR ladder is no easy task. Currently ranked 6th, but the damn English and Spanish teams keep throwing my fellow leagers out of the european comps too early. :(

I don't personally get the problem with the transfer system, seems perfectly fine to me, could see the odd improvement I suppose but nothing that makes the game unplayable, or is it these are people that can't sign Messi for United for Ā£2.50 and a twix? Or are unable to sign Bale for Dagenham & Redbridge?

It's certainly better than in previous years. As for the poll can't comment as I don't bother patching until the last one comes out.

/rant mode on

This poll/thread is a fine example of what's wrong with this forum in the 5 weeks post-launch period:

"Yes, we are whining and bitching because this game is unplayable because we want to make FM better"

Sorry, but if you guys want the game to get better I suggest to the '20% unplayable faction':

You are not going to solve the problems by posting here; you are just attention whoring, sorry.

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

20% is a lot of people. That's 1/5 of the player base. Some companies, depending on industry, make a profit margin of less than that. That means that next time, the 20% that potentially don't buy the game can potentially sink the series.

Second of all, 40% of the people answered that they admit they think there are still problems, but continue to tolerate and play with it. That adds to ~60% of players who don't give favorable reviews to the game.

If you're going to cite statistics or numbers, don't omit the numbers.

I am really baffled as to what all these "issues" are? You would think that that there are numerous different versions of the game available. Ok, I can understand crash dump issues, that must be frustrating but from what I've seen Sega/SI seem to respond to individuals and try to help fix the problem (that is assuming the person with the issue manages to post coherently and not stamp their feet like a child).

Injuries and red/yellow cards, are not a problem for me whatsoever. Are the ones complaining putting their players on intensive training every week or playing them at 50% health? Are they setting tackling to hard, and giving individual instructions to go in hard on the opposition?

Regarding the "transfer issues", I have seen quite a few players going on the transfer list, but for example Man City wanted Ā£24.5 million for Balotelli, Inter wanted Ā£14.5 for Eto, and Madrid wanted Ā£5.5 for Gago. Am I missing something, does this seem cheap to people? Maybe I'm just missing something, or my game has been manufactured differently to others.

To call the game "unplayable" is complete and utter nonsense. Maybe those that are whining and moaning should take up another hobby, or go play one of the numerous excellent alternatives to FM? Oh, that's right nothing else comes close to FM. I'm currently very much enjoying FM 11, so well done and thanks to SI.

20% is a lot of people. That's 1/5 of the player base. Some companies, depending on industry, make a profit margin of less than that. That means that next time, the 20% that potentially don't buy the game can potentially sink the series.

Second of all, 40% of the people answered that they admit they think there are still problems, but continue to tolerate and play with it. That adds to ~60% of players who don't give favorable reviews to the game.

And if you're going to cite statistics don't omit the numbers yourself. 236 people have voted. On a forum with over 100,000 registered users that is what? 0.2%. far too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. And lumping the 40% 'with problems' into the other group and assuming their view is unfavourable is also questionable. The poll only has 3 questions and it is impossible to know if someone taking the middle ground is satisfied/unsatisfied or just undecided.

My scientific study shows that the vast majority are reasonably satisfied with FM11 and will be even more satisfied when the reported issues like the transfer values issue are fixed.

My study methodology was simple, searched the whole forum and didn't find a single car analogy:D

As seems to be the case with me personally over the last 3 years, im finding it hard to get into the game. Time constraints aside, I seem to play for 30 minutes, save, exit and not touch it for a couple of days.

Im sure if I gave it a chance id be right back into it as I was a few years back. Cant comment on how good/bad the game is until then.

There is some really suspect attribute dropping going on. A player in his mid twenties, training well, superb morale, one of the top performers of the league and within two months after the season starts almost ALL his stats decrease by at least one ? Wtf ? A youngster with regular first team action is getting worse in the exact area his training is focusing on ? Huh ?

Not happy.

Jeezes, you serious?

You are going to conclude from a poll in this thread that FM11 is unplayable for 1/5 of the people buying it?

FM11 is topping the sales charts.

If Si was really putting out 'unplayable games' year after year, would that be possible?

Matter of fact: a minority (20% of people voting in this thread) of a minority (people posting on these forums) of a minority (people buying FM11) is saying the game is unplayable.

If you didn't notice the broken transfer system then you are 1) managing like Wenger (aka experienced transfers) or 2) haven't played more than 2-3 seasons yet.

The AI sells good players for pennies.

You can't sell good players at all or only for pennies.

The players in the game get a temper problem after 2-3 seasons.

In other words, if you have no bugs you don't notice them. And probably think Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, David Silva, half the Spurs players, etc. leaving for a few single digit million after 1-2 seasons is okay. Or you haven't played enough seasons to realize that half your squad wanting to leave to because they all have an itch.

/rant mode on

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

Couldnā€™t have put it better myself.

Actually, I probably could, but thatā€™s not the point. Well said, sir ;)

/rant mode on

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

I know MJ.............The game is great........I guess I miss the boat on the anger the ranters feel.

There is some really suspect attribute dropping going on. A player in his mid twenties, training well, superb morale, one of the top performers of the league and within two months after the season starts almost ALL his stats decrease by at least one ? Wtf ? A youngster with regular first team action is getting worse in the exact area his training is focusing on ? Huh ?

Not happy.

And as mentioned before, have you logged it as a bug in the appropriate forum?

Shouldn't you be doing your garden or something else, instead of wasting time on a forum for a game you obviously hate

I don't recall saying I hated it, shouldn't you be reading posts correctly before commenting on what other peoples opinions are..... Oh and I wonder how we'd go on if I was to report you for 'ageism' because you can laugh if you like but it is actually illegal.

worst thing about this is players are too sensitive & you cant move them on. Several of my personel have got mad over small things or just poor sense

Keith Andrews had requested to be on list, asked to play more and come off the list. I play him next game then he requests again.

Chimbonda complains about team talk in a game he didn't even feature in, 3 other players storm in complaining too. (3-1 win WBA well done)

Emerton complained over a disappointing TT and has refused to speak to me since oct (now in may)

I don't recall saying I hated it, shouldn't you be reading posts correctly before commenting on what other peoples opinions are..... Oh and I wonder how we'd go on if I was to report you for 'ageism' because you can laugh if you like but it is actually illegal.

I believe a S.W.A.T team is on the way to take him down

And what exactly was promised. Can you find a better managment sim that has no bugs etc or in fact any game that has no bugs in it. This game has been proven to be the best game out to represent football management. Nobody else seems see the same issues as you do. In fact majority have said the match engine is better than in all the other versions. You are the only one who seems to see these issues. Maybe your looking for something that cant be re-created after all it is only a game and is not real or maybe your just a perfectionist and nothing is right for you

That's a very immature claim if you don't mind me saying so, how the hell can you possible say it's 'proven' to be the best? You can't in real terms say any game is the best in any genre because it would all be down to personnel likes and dislikes. Also if you read other peoples posts there are quite a lot of people who are not satisfied with FM 2011, it's not only myself who's complaining, there are plenty of posts going up about training schedules not working, player talks not having any affect, too many injuries...etc,etc. In fact you, yourself even admitted you didn't have a clue what to suggest when replying to one of my posts asking for advice on how to keep players fit so if the game is so brilliant and you're having no problems with working things out, how come you could offer any more advice?

Maybe it has something to do with just lower league teams, I don't know! Perhaps the game works well with say, premier league type players, players who already have good abilities and fitness, maybe the game is capable of keeping those players and teams running along smoothly but hardly anything you do has any affect on none-league teams and players because despite trying everything I can think of and plenty of things other people have suggested, my players just keep losing fitness and abilities at a ridiculous rate and the problems I mentioned earlier in this thread, although of course exaggerated to make the point clear, are re-occurring things that are going on in virtually every match I've player so far..... I'm not suggesting that SI won't ever get it fixed because they probably will with a few patches here and there, all I'm saying is that FM 2011 is at the moment, not everything we were lead to believe it was going to be.

And as mentioned before, have you logged it as a bug in the appropriate forum?

Not yet, as it's a bit too vague and happened to very few players only. I'm closely monitoring the development of my players though, so I may actually have something with a little more substance to report at some point.

No you said that the game was rubbish quote 'This game is still rubbish due to the same old problems that all FM games have' in that I cast the opinion that you hated the game as it is rubbish in your opinion.

I an not actually been ageist as I dont know your age I am just of the opinion that you keep moaning on about faults in the game that do not exist , quote' The passing is worse than any you would see in a school playground, the defenders still won't defend, there are still about 2000 too many throw-ins during every match, there are still more fouls in one match than you'd probably see in a full season' I have not seen any of these problems In my opinion the passing is alot better and crisper than other versions and the defenders do tackle in my game. Maybe its your players,the defenders not having good tackling skills etc...

With regards to your point about me admitting that I didn't have a clue what to suggest when replying to one of yourt posts asking for advice on how to keep players fit could you re advise me or point me towards your thread as I cannot recall seeing it.

The demo version was a great game..while i played just two games (as the two Manchester teams) i cannot comment on whether there were bugs with other leagues but for me the patch has ruined the game. While the interface problems (and of course the Spanish, French and Russian) problems are more apparent, the ME performance viz-a-viz the demo gold version is poor, particularly the defending area which stands out more when you take on a lesser team (by defending area i dont mean cleansheets or the number of goals)

Why in the world would 11.1.1 change the game around? It hardly changed anything which is to be expected by the version number given, basically all it was for was to take hotfixes out of the equation for the simple problems.

2011 is still riddled with bugs... but since your poll is so totally narrow it's a waste of time. The game is obviously not in an unplayable state, but it's also got many more issues then 10.3 had, not to mention all the old issues that carried over.

first of all we need to define what makes the game unplayable to different people and styles of play and dedication to the game. For example the game isnt unplayable cause you can easilly play and move forward and reach 2020 and choose to ignore many things/bugs. SO its not like you have to start 11 players and a bug is only allowing you to play 8 players in your squad so you always loose. Its not like when you do whatever action a bug just gives an error and pops you back to windows. Its not like you get 3 red cards per game......So........its not unplayable in this way, it is prety damn playable.

However when you look at the biger picture and you try and imagine the balance of the game, the market, the teams., then yes the game can be unplayable for many of us. Isnt one of the most important aspects of the game, the transfer system? How you sell/buy/loan player and how the AI does it? Doesnt this affect the teams you face in the game? Doesnt it affect all competitions?

So lets see now whats wrong and how in the end it can make your game unplayable, cause many people havent noticed or choose to ignore this stuff. All the bugs i will mention are also mentioned in the bugs forum and experienced by many people.

You can buy or loan a player and when the time comes for him to join your club, you suddenly see him negotiate with other teams!! However his team and the player himself have agreed to join your club. He then ends up going to another team but if you look in your transfer history and finances, he is on your epxences and supposed to be on your squad. He practically has a contract with two teams and appears only on the other teams squad.

Now lets say you have a player who is between rotation and first team and he has a sallary of around 600k euro. He is not even in your top 5 star players. Your team has around 19-20 million wage budget, so you can only afford 2-3 players with a wage of around 1.5 million euro and thats your star players. By the end of 2011 you go to renegotiate with your player to renew his contract, you know what he asks?? 3.8 million per year and 1,2 million agent fee and 600k signing fee and other bonuses!!!!!!!! Thats only after one season and a descent year, its not like he scored 50 goals and had an average rating of 9.2 loool. He is a godamn average greek central defender not bekenbauer!

Now another example, i signed an uruguan bargain player, his manager offered him, i think he was out of contract. He has a salary of 200k. At some point after a few months he makes a good game and then has his first national debut. His manager comes bothering me that he wants a new contract. He now wants around 2 million per year and i dont remember what crazy money in sign on and agent bonuses.

Can you see how this can be a pain in the ass? You practically cant renew contracts to many of your players and you have to sell them before they can sign for another team for free. That messes up your squad, everytime a contract ends you have to sell him and find another one. Now it doesnt happen to all players, not everyone asks insane amounts of money, but if it only happens to some it still messes you up. And you still fear about your squad. And you still have on your mind you have to sell them before they reach the bosman rule.

Now lets say you want to sell your players. You have a nice talent, has a market value of 1 million, is it insane to ask for 1.8??? In so many years you play fm havent you always offered your player for a bit more? On the other hand havent the AI teams always wanted more money than the market value? How many times you bid just the market value and they accepted straight away? So what happens now is that AI teams only make offers back to you at the market value. So you cant really earn much money from selling players.

Now lets say someone wants to buy a player like nilmar. His team is accepting bids, you see that shakhtar has offered 17 millions and they accept. You offer 25 millions and they reject. Player ends up in shakhtar with a lot less money!

There is a significant amount of players (descent or even top players) getting released for free or sold at 0 euro!! There is also a significant amount of players getting sold for their market value and this category includes many big players. To some this might feel like a bargain to others it is unrealistic. For example modric was bought 21 million euro and then he gets transfer listed for 7 million after 1 year. Ballotelli bought for 28 million gets transfer listed for 8.5. Tevez been transfer listed for 10 million, kaka for 15 million.......List goes on and on and every season there are more examples. And every gamer has some similar names to add.

Now this in itself it doesnt stop you from playing the game. But cant you understand that the balance of the teams is broken? Everything is unrealistic, teams are letting players go and loose money. I shouldnt be able in my 2nd season (as olympiakos in greece) to buy a player like modric for very little money. To sign altilntop and diarra for free! I should build my squad over time, grow up, earn some money, win some titles, improve my reputation.......

Also many people are saying that teams are not only loose players for small prices but they start signing players by the kilo!! Eg. a team like lyon could have 60 squad players after only a couple of years. Most of them are 33 year old latinos and no big names. They could sign in one day 15 of them!! And then they dont play cause they cant register them

Does this all look to you like it could make the game unplayable in someones mind? Not worth investing time in it cause you know that after a few seasons everything will be a mess. The identity of the teams will change completelly and unrealistically. And if someone hast noticed this bugs or doesnt care about them, just please dont call the others liers cause they do exist. Or moaners. We just want the game to be improved and this MAJOR bugs to be solved. Whats wrong with this? In the end its only gonna make it better and for you that you dont moan!

Archived