Ronaldo Signs For Chelsea.. :O

Another weird thing happened in my game... end of season... in the news section I see that Jose Mourinho got sacked...

Madrid were 2nd place in La Liga... however my Tottenham team did beat them in the quarter finals of the champions league...

Surely they would not sack him for coming 2nd?

They did with pellegrini, he spent one season there finishing second and achieving real madrid's highest ever points total. However he lost in the round of 16 in the CL.

I too dont understand how this got past the testers.

Either they werent doing their job..or SI couldnt be arsed to fix it before they sold it to us.

I really do hope they will make this a priority and fix it in a patch. Sooner rather than later because it makes the game unrealistic for players who are managing the bigger clubs.

I too dont understand how this got past the testers.

Either they werent doing their job..or SI couldnt be arsed to fix it before they sold it to us.

I really do hope they will make this a priority and fix it in a patch. Sooner rather than later because it makes the game unrealistic for players who are managing the bigger clubs.

Testers cost money, plus I doubt they had time to test for multiple seasons. Bugs and patches have become a tradition every year for SI so why not this year?

Another weird thing happened in my game... end of season... in the news section I see that Jose Mourinho got sacked...

Madrid were 2nd place in La Liga... however my Tottenham team did beat them in the quarter finals of the champions league...

Surely they would not sack him for coming 2nd?

Pellegrini, Hiddink, Del Bosque. Just sayin..

Actually, great. Seems they fixed the whole "big teams being TOO patient" affair of last year?

Just to add, balotelli has now left city after one season for 9m? Iker cassilas on the transfer list? ryan babel with asking price of £0?

Si would really appreciate a response just so we know someone is at least looking into it

Thanks

tbf i'm a liverpool fan and i'd be happy to see babel go for nothing.

thats not totally fair.

no actually that is fair. we as players of FM like the game so much because of its realism. yet year after year simple issues such as the transfer system and league rules are messed up. i'd rather have a more polished game without as many new features. what's not fair is that us as customers buy a game and have to almost expect it to be bug-ridden. i've mentioned it in my other post but i'll say it again here more explicitly. for me the game's release date doesn't even matter anymore. it's when the 2nd or 3rd patch comes out that matters. and that is quite sad to be honest as someone who buys the game year after year. of course many of you will tell me to just stop buying the game and you're entitled to that opinion. but that's not the point. the point is that a lot of the criticism on this forum is totally fair. what's not fair is how we're getting a bug-ridden game.

Clearly the transfer system needs a bit of tweaking. From what I have read on the forums, it is far too easy to unsettle a player and get him at market value.

I fully agree that players get unhappy far too easily, and clubs are too quick try and ship out unhappy players rather than work through it.

But I'd also point out that the formula for calculating 'market value' is pretty flawed too. It should exponentially rise for the top, top players in each position. There might only be 15-20 CA difference between someone like Crouch and Higuain, but the difference in value should be massive because that difference makes Higuain one of the top 2-3 strikers in the world and Crouch one of maybe 30-40 strikers in that ability range.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world, and clubs like Real Madrid are prepared to pay £80m to get the best players in the world. So that's his market value, not £35m. Likewise with other players, when a £10m market value player is happy you have to offer £18-20m to have a chance of having an offer accepted - so that is probably closer to his real worth.

So let's sort out the market values first, you have to pay top dollar for the best players. If they become really unhappy, or aren't playing, you might get them for 50-75% of their true value....if that were correct in the first place.

Taken from the United thread.

This is in november of my second season.

Now I've just been offered Maicon for 19mil, Cambiasso is up for 12.25, Pazzini is up for 9.25, van der Wiel for 7.25, A. Young for 6.25mil, Agbonlahor for 5.5 and now Frey up for 10mil.

Oh, I forgot Schweinsteiger is up for 3mil(but he won't join United), Neuer is up for 3mil(nor will he join United).

Then the likes of Palombo, Naldo, Gyan, Downing, Coutadeur, Alou Diarra, Garay and Montolivo are all transer listed.

This game has gone crazy :).

I'm actually singing Ronaldo in the January window back to United for 35mil.

It must show it's a little flawed?

So let's sort out the market values first, you have to pay top dollar for the best players. If they become really unhappy, or aren't playing, you might get them for 50-75% of their true value....if that were correct in the first place.

I dont entirely agree with your point on market values. In FM Players values are calculated based on ability, wages and contract length. IRL players like Ronaldo are also valued on sponsorships and lucrative deals etc.. Hard to replicate that in FM.

I think the valuation of players in FM is correct. FM10 was quite a good transfer system imo. Ok sometimes you had to pay crazy money for top players, but lets face it thats not a million miles off real life transfer market.

By reading whats being posted, the AI are more than willing to accept the players market value despite his ability and contract length. There seems to be 2 big issues here. Players becoming unhappy too easily and the AI not willing to demand a much larger fee for a star player. In FM10 the asking price was generally a good bit higher than the player value.

(talking in Euros here...)

Ibrahimovic: sold to Milan for 24m Euros after ONE season after paying around 65, counting Eto'o

Robinho: sold to Milan for 18m Euros after paying over 40.

Huntelaar: bought by 20, sold by 11 (18, 7 of which went straight to Ajax, as per contract). 9m for six months, hmm...

Robben to Bayern Munich, Sneijder to Inter Milan... not counting the ones that are pretty much transfer fooder like half the City forwards or Kaka. (65m...)

I seriously wonder what would people be saying about FM if the whole Eto'o/Ibrahimovic situation happened in the sim...

that's fairly recent. we could talk things like Baljic (bought by 24m by Real, allowed to go back to his former team ON A FREE the year next)

SO yeah, while it might be happening a bit too often, it's not THAT unrealistic. It happens, althought it might be hard for people to understand that things change a lot in two years. And really, can't you picture Cristiano Prima Donna Ronaldo asking for a transfer if gets bored with his current toy and wants a different one?

If you mean Elvir Baljić, he wasnt released on a free the next year, he went out on loan for 2 years

Dzeko £9.5M

Modric £8.5M

Bale (at City and they've been offering him for £6M but his agent won't back down from 200k a week so he just sits on the transfer list for years??)

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Hamsik £8.5M

Also, only 3 transfers that weren't mine in 4 seasons over £20M!

Its the recession mate, its hitting everyone hard, soon a packet of walkers will be down to ten cent

This sort of thing is exactly the reason i havn't bought FM11 this year, I appreciate it's hard to release a game as complex as FM but in all seriousness its exactly the same game as FM10 with a few new shiny features.

I recently participated in a beta test for another game and had to buy the game before i could participate, Basicly this is what FM is doing BUT without informing the buyer its BETA. They will get all of these flaws ironed out by patch 3 like last year and FM11 will no doubt be a great game but i see no point in paying full price for an unfinished product and i don't appreciate being decieved that it is.

At the end of the day most of us knew this would be the case, Some of us still decided to buy the product.

reading through this i can only say that its a disgrace. i buy the game every year because i love it as do many other people but it needs to be realistic. i doubt ronaldo and messi will leave their clubs before they are at least 32 and past their peak, but here they are available for peanuts. if i was manager of madrid i wouldnt let ronaldo go for 100m, hes simply that good.

what shocks me the most is that iam post number 79 and there hasnt been a single comment yet from si. i assume they are hiding from the truth

reading through this i can only say that its a disgrace. i buy the game every year because i love it as do many other people but it needs to be realistic. i doubt ronaldo and messi will leave their clubs before they are at least 32 and past their peak, but here they are available for peanuts. if i was manager of madrid i wouldnt let ronaldo go for 100m, hes simply that good.

what shocks me the most is that iam post number 79 and there hasnt been a single comment yet from si. i assume they are hiding from the truth

They don't comment in threads like this, too much negativity. Not that anyone's wrong in saying what they are, its just not always constructive. I would hope that this has been posted in the bug forum. I am sure that then it will be noticed.

Its also worth noting that SI haven't been commenting on anything, hopefully they are hard at work fixing stuff like this.

They don't comment in threads like this, too much negativity. Not that anyone's wrong in saying what they are, its just not always constructive. I would hope that this has been posted in the bug forum. I am sure that then it will be noticed.

Its also worth noting that SI haven't been commenting on anything, hopefully they are hard at work fixing stuff like this.

hopefully.

but how long does it really take to leave a comment admitting the bug and telling us whether they're working on fixing it.

Has been posted in the bugs forum. SI are looking into it, with the help of some save games.

See above, its been acknowledged in the bugs forum, like i say there is little constructive here, they won't comment.

hopefully.

but how long does it really take to leave a comment admitting the bug and telling us whether they're working on fixing it.

Definately a bug, glad SI are looking into it.

Real Madrid signed him for 94M € the year before so it absolutely makes no sense to sell him for less than half of that, especially since he performed very well, no matter how unhappy or unsettled he is. Plus his release clause was set to 1000M € when he signed the contract. It's just impossible.

Just want to know when the patch will come for this...

Sort of makes the game unrealistic and not very playable.

I mean if you can release a hotfix for liverpoo owners..on the day of release...shouldnt you also tend to more pressing matters such as the transfer AI being extremely faulty>???????

I haven't encountered this yet, but if i do, then it's a shame. I haven't seen any of these other bugs people are on about, save the one-on-one situation which was supposed to have been sorted already.

However, i think we are well within our rights to demand this be seen to as a matter of priority, because although it's the most complex game around, i wouldn't buy another FM game if we have to wait till march for it to be sorted.

Just want to know when the patch will come for this...

Sort of makes the game unrealistic and not very playable.

I mean if you can release a hotfix for liverpoo owners..on the day of release...shouldnt you also tend to more pressing matters such as the transfer AI being extremely faulty>???????

the release day patch wasn't solely to change the owners of liverpool.

Archived