Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Well, even with two injuries and two red cards in four games, we managed to get through a couple of Europa rounds.

This card thing is really getting ridiculous. I feel like throwing the game out of the window. I mean, really? Two red cards in 4 games, specifically telling the team to take it easy on the tackles? Whatever.

And another red in the first league game. Are you freaking kidding me SI???

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier League - 2023/24

Transfers - Not really much to see here as the one signing was the Argentinian I was looking at. He is the 1st South American to play for Bridgend.

Competitions

Welsh Premier - Table - Another season, another domination. This won't last as there are now 9 professional teams, the only ones who are not are Aberystwyth,Carmarthen and Goytre (newly promoted team for next season)

Champions League - Winners - The group stage went amazingly easy, I was not anticipating any of this. I was then drawn against Porto which was a nice short trip. We went through 6-3 on agg.(Leg 1:Leg 2). We were then given Barcelon in what was potentially rematches of the group stage. We went through 4-3 on agg in what was an upset.(Leg 1:Leg 2). As a reward, we were given Barcelonas great rivals, Real Madrid.In what was an amazing upset we won the semi 5-2 on agg!!(Leg 1:Leg 2). In the 2nd leg there was clearly no brown paper bags involved as the majority of decisions went my way. We were then had a battle of Britain against Chelsea which we won on penalties in, it was a proper ding dong battle which the only fair way to decide was luck of penalties.

Super Cup - Winners - I am stunned and speechless, the full time whistle literally took me a couple of minutes to register the Victory.

Welsh Cup - Winners - Bet the Afan Lido fans loved this one!!

League Cup - Winners - Sorry Twellman, Brambleten and Gilbster!!!!

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year

David Stewart - lived up to his "Beast of Bridgend" nickname as he hit an amazing 72 goals. He was Top Scorer, won European Golden Boot, Player of the Year, Fans Player of the Year and came 2nd in Welsh Player of the Year. Amazing.

Alan Williams topped the assist chart with 61.

Jacob Knudsen won Young Player of the Year

Saeed Al-Qarni won Welsh Young Player of the Year

Team of the Season was complete domination and well deserved.

Alan Williams and David Stewart made World Team of the Year

Heroes

The heroes who did the unthinkable and will live in memory of the hardcore Bridgend fans seeing as this victory will bring the glory hunters in :p

GK-Knud Jorgensen

DR-Orlin Lazarov

DC-Craig Saunders

DC-Emil Andersen

DL-Saeed Al-Qarni

MC-Martin Mortensen

MC-David Hughes

AMR-Alan Williams

AML-Jacob Knudsen

ST-David Stewart

ST-Rob Yates

Sub 1-Mamadou Diallo

Sub 2-Lewis Macey

Sub 3-Alvaro Fernandez

Alan Williams came 3rd in Champions League Best Player

David Stewart came 2nd in Golden Boot.

They both were named in the Dream Team.

Expectations

To continue domestically which will be slightly more challenging with 9 teams set as professional.

To Prove the Champions League victory wasn't a fluke.

To help improve the Welsh premier ranking which is currently 35th and is ranked 2.5 *.

Season     League    Cup              C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011/12    2nd      Runners Up        N/A             N/A        Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st      Winners           N/A             2nd QL     Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble
2014/15    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble.     
2015/16    1st      Winners           Play Off        Group      Domestic Treble.
2016/17    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2017/18    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2018/19    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2019/20    1st      Winners           Group Stage     Q.Finals   Domestic Treble.
2020/21    1st      Winners           Q.Finals        N/A        Domestic Treble.
2021/22    1st      Winners           Semi-Final      N/A        Domestic Treble.
2022/23    1st      Winners           Group Stages    Winners    Quadruple (WP,WC,LC,EC)
2023/24    1st      Winners           Winners         N/A        Quadruple (WP,WC,LC,CL)

If anyone wants any screenshots of anything then I will be more then happy to do so!!

Wow BWG, amazing...again. I have always wondered how somebody can make a team win everything in one season, not losing a single league game, or have a player score 70 goals. That's just not me. I guess I'm bound to suffer lol.

Awesome, congrats to be the first one. You are proof that FM11's dynamic rep works. Now, to top the league reputation table!

And to win the WC with Wales!

I would love to see where you can get with this team, so please stick around with the save! If you really want you, of course.

And by the way, let Afan win something. Come on :D

On my end of things, I feel like I am stuck. I can't find a single player from outside the country. At all. The only hope is to see that more and more Welsh teams start to get further into the European rounds, which might get rep up a bit more. So far, Llanelli is fighting against Newcastle as the only Welsh team standing, in the previous round before the Euro group stages.

Its my tactics, it creates a lot of chances and I have players who are able to finish their opportunities :D

Winning the World Cup with Wales will be about 20 years down the line as there is only my club who produces any respectable players but even I can't develop 26 of them to be top class internationals.

Let Afan win something......does the European playoff final count???? :p

Its my tactics, it creates a lot of chances and I have players who are able to finish their opportunities :D

Winning the World Cup with Wales will be about 20 years down the line as there is only my club who produces any respectable players but even I can't develop 26 of them to be top class internationals.

Let Afan win something......does the European playoff final count???? :p

Yeah, I didn't even look at your tactics when you showed them in here the other day; I tend to think if you get them from someone else (if even just the idea) then you're not really doing much in the game. I'll find the way to get back to winning the league though :)

Dunloy 2013/14 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Steel & Sons Cup Quarter Final, League Cup Quater Final - Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Irish Cup Quarter Final, North Irish Co Am Quarter Final, League Cup Runner Up, Intermediate Cup Winners, Steel & Sons Cup Winners - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, North Irish Co Am Semi-Final, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners - Premier Division Champions!

38 Pld, 20 Won, 12 Drn, 6 Lst, 65 For, 43 Ag, +22 GD

After romping in the First Division last season I was quietly confident of being able to qualify for Europe in my first crack at the Premier Division, however I knew it was going to be tough. That said, being in the top league really made a difference to my reputation, and whilst I still couldn't get any non-UK players to come to Northern Ireland, I did manage to get 19 quality youngsters, and suddenly I went from having an aging squad to a squad with an average age of 22 and quite a good look to them - although now more than half of my 'Northern Ireland' team are actually English!

However, a month into the season, and I was sitting in mid table and struggling to string two wins together, but then the team looks to have gelled and by Christmas I had managed to hit the top of the table! After that it was a close tussle between myself and fellow surprise packet Glenavon for top spot. I slipped up and, with coming up to the last league match on my fixture, Glenovan had a 4 point gap on me (although had not been declared champions, which I thought was odd), so I thought it was a case of so close yet so far.

However, after that game 5 more fixtures appeared - I didn't realise the league split into two with the top six then playing each other! Amazingly, Glenavon then imploded managing only 4 points from a possible 15 in their last 5 games, whilst Dunloy managed an impressive 13 of 15 points, taking out the league by 5 points and achieving part 1 of the challenge in record time! Now for the Champions League next season - let's see if I can also take this out at my first attempt... hahaha, yeah right!

2014 League Table and Graph

As well as league sucess, Dunloy also took out the League Cup and Irish Cup, however they missed out on the Co-Am Cup in the semi-final - I'll have to try and get all of them next season!

As mentioned, many talented youngsters were brought in, but by far the best player in the squad, for the second season in a row, was 29 year old striker Liam Buchanan

Liam Buchanan: Now a two time fan's player of the year, and the holder of most individual club records, he had another fantastic (and injury prone) season, managing 22 goals, 13 apperances 7 MoM and an average rating of 7.29 from 42 apperances - and was also the league Top Goalscorer with 20 league goals, after missing out by 1 goal last season

As far as my new signings, the pick of the bunch was another Scottish striker, this time 21 year old Rangers reject Richard White

Richard White: With Buchanan being the only decent striker last season, it was an area I recruited heavily in, and White made that 2nd striker spot his. Whilst Buchanan was the star striker, White still managed an impressive 20 goals, 17 assists, 6 MoM and average rating of 7.23. On top of all this, he was singled out as the 2013/14 N. Irish Young Player of the Year as well as the Signing of the Season.

2013/14 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances wise, we lost another $200k, despite the board investing another $340k (I love this board!), to bring our running total to -$500k, all this despite me being under the wage budget for most of the season. I guess averaging only 97 fans per game doesn't help, but I'm hoping a bit of European exposure next season can change things!

2013/14 Finances

Speaking of Europe, I also got this piece of good news - Northern Ireland have improved their seeding in the Champions League (I assume due to Linfield managing to reach the 3rd Qualifying Phase the last two seasons)! Although I'm not sure what it means, as I still entered in the First Qualifying Phase - maybe it kicks in next season? Either way, I'm stoked to be playing with the big boys, and whilst I'd love to reach the group stages and the cash that would come with it, I'm aiming for the Third qualifying stage at least so that even if I lose I get a second chance in the Europa League

New Club Records

Highest League Position: 1st in Premier Division 2013/14

Average Attendance: 97

Top League Goalscorer: Liam Buchanan - 20

Most Goals in Match: Liam Buchanan - 4 (v Cliftonville 9/11/2013)

Most Assists: Richard White - 17

Most League Apps for Club: Bob Malcolm - 81

Most League Goals for Club: Liam Buchanan - 35

Fastest Goal: Lee Thompson - 28 seconds (v Warrenpoint (H) Irish Cup 4th Rnd 18/1/2014)

Steam Achievements: 26 / 86

New Steam Achievements: Cup Glory!, Champions!, Team Performance, Goal Machine, The Boss, Full Faith, Beating Expectations

Thanks again guys :thup:

Although on my downside because I won the champions league, TNS get automatic qualification to the group stages and £6 million to go with it. Neath got an 8-0 drubbing in the 2nd qualifier. Barry town have made the 4th qualifying in the Euro Cup!!!!! Port Talbot got knocked out in the 2nd qualifying in the Euro Cup and Afan Lido haven't started yet so its a mixed bag of results so far.

This has the makings of an interesting season.

Marky Mark! - Congrats on the Premier division win :thup: Although on the title you put Northern Irish First Division :p

But at least with TNS getting more money and further in Europe it should help increase the reputation of the league ;)

It should do but it won't...they've been drawn against Lyon,Bayern Munich and Spartak Moscow...if they even get a point I will let you know :p

I've been given a "tough" group with being drawn against Benfica,Shakhtar and Austria Wien

As for the Euro Cup Barry and Afan Lido have both gone out in the 4th qualifying round but its an improvment.

First of all, congrats BWG, fantastic achievement! I'm not quite there yet.

R Sprimont Comblain Sport 2012/2013 review

League

A difficult start of the season resulted in 11th place after 10 games. A three game winning streak changed all that. Morale went sky high, and we kept climbing the table, even winning the third period, which meant we were into the playoffs for promotion.

Playoffs

Quarter Final vs. Bossou Leg 1 Leg 2

A well deserved win in the first leg, even though I scored the winner in injury time. An early goal in the second leg ensured we we're through to the semi's.

Semi Final vs. RC Mechelen Leg 1 Leg 2

The first leg was quite eventful, to say the least. 6 yellows and 2 reds. We dominated most of the game due to a very early red for Mechelen, but couldn't score until we were down to 10 men ourselves. 2-0 just after half time in the second leg ensured our place in the playoff final.

Final vs. FCV Dender Leg 1 Leg 2

Without my two top scorers against a second division side, great. We played better than expected really, creating plenty of chances. We probably should have won by a bigger margin. The second leg was just awesome. We were pegged back pretty much the entire game, conceding a goal in the 58th minute. 20 minutes later, Sissoko received his 3rd red card of the season. I though we'd throw it all away, when we went 2-0 down in the 89th minute. However, Aliyu Datti managed to score an wonderful goal on the break in the 92nd minute, making him a Sprimont hero, promotion!

League Table

Cup

Cups still suck. I managed to get to the 5th round this year, lost to 2nd division Roeselare.

Players

I've only brought in a few players at the start of the season, 3 of which slotted straight into my first XI. Cleared out some dead wood as well.

Rafael Paraiba still is a trouble maker, getting angry when subbed or when I forget to discipline someone, but he's top scorer of the league as well, scoring 22 goals. He added 12 assists as well, making him involved in over half of my goals.

Other players that stood out were Serbian signing Jelicic, bossing the midfield and supplying plenty of through balls, and Paraiba's strike partner de Langhe, who contributed 14 goals and 8 assists.

Next season

I'll need to heavily strengthen my squad, if I'm to stay up next season, should be interesting!

Eordaikos in search for a promotion - part I

Current table

After losing 3-2 to Larisa (0-2 after 15 mins, then they scored for 1-2, my idiot player got sent off and they scored two more in 71st and 75th minute), we managed to outclass Ethnikos and we won 5-2. We're still 4th (all other teams got 1 starting point because they were 3rd, 4th and 5th and I was 6th in league), hoping for a win against Karditsas.

EDIT: we won 3:1

EDIT2: one game left, table

Oh, yes, congrats B.W.G on completing the challenge; it's pretty dumb though that your best striker (and best Europe striker) is valued less than €1M...

Also, good job Cseedorf on that promotion. That Paraiba played for Hajduk Split a couple years back, didn't he? He was like that in Croatia also. Well, at least the trouble maker part, not so good in scoring goals in RL.

It is half was through the Irish cup final and I am winning 1 - 0 but the game is very one sided, in Linfields favour. Hardly suprising though because they Premiership champions and I am mid table 2 divisions lower than them.

I ended up wining 2 - 0 with a classic goal that I am uploading now.

I think there keeper should have done better with this

I have just noticed Linfield used a lot of there rotation players and not there star players for the last game of the season. How strange.

Afan Lido - 2021/22 - Welsh Premier Division

Table

Managed to get past 1 qualifying round in the Champions league, and then lost to Debrecen, which put me into the 4th qualifying round of the EURO Cup. If only we were seeded, we got Paris Saint Germain, and the home leg was a respectable 1-1 at least. The away leg, not so good, and we went out but a gutsy peformance from the team.

We managed to defend our title this season, although not in such style and also retained the FA Cup for the 3rd season running. The league cup we "luckily" lost in first roumd, which eased some potential fixture congestion.

Aims

More points

Do better in Europe

Continue to try and make money in a season to improve finances

Career So Far

Season    Position   Points   FA Cup  League Cup  C.League  Europa       Achievements
2011/12   11th       28       R3      R1          n/e       n/e
2012/13   11th       31       R3      QF          n/e       n/e
2013/14   6th        36       SF      SF          n/e       n/e
2014/15   9th        35       SF      Winner      n/e       n/e
2015/16   4th        47       R3      QF          n/e       n/e          Won Euro Playoff Final
2016/17   6th        37       R3      R1          n/e       1st Qual     Won Euro Playoff Final           
2017/18   2nd        64       R.Up    R1          n/e       3rd Qual
2018/19   2nd        54       R4      Winner      n/e       1st Qual
2019/20   4th        51       Winner  R.UP        n/e       3rd Qual
2020/21   1st        76       Winner  R.Up        n/e       2nd Qual     Double Winners!
2021/22   1st        69       Winer   R1          3rd Qual  4th Qual     Double Winners!

Oxslow - Northern Ireland - Desertmartin - Season 3

Season Review

A far better year in the cups where I managed to win the Intermediate and the Irish cup which got me into Europe which I am in know way ready for. (Even if I lost I would have qualified.) The league was a complete disaster until January/Febuary time then I made my way up the table. My Star Player is only on £50 a week I just can't believe he did not want more money.

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Intermediate Cup

Irish Cup

Career Overview

Season     League Finish        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    12th 2nd Division    None
2012/13    9th  2nd Division    None
2013/14    10th 2nd Division    Intermediate Cup, Irish Cup Winners

Next Season

Not to lose to big in Europe. I would like a top half finish in the league because I just don't seam to be getting anywhere there because my wage budget is so small my squad can't cope when anything goes wrong.

AS Eordaikos 2007

Season 2012/2013

Football League OPAP

We got promoted! Amazing ending to an amazing campaign. We managed to win 1-2 after going down by one goal against Karditsas and secured our promotion spot. Next year it's Superleague OPAP for Eordaikos. We were playing fluid, attacking football and completely deserve our promotion. There were many ups and downs throughout the season (i.e elimination from Kupello Hellas in Second Round against a non-league team) and I'm very proud to say that we managed to finish 6th (MP 17/18) and 1st in Promotion Stage.

Transfers

As you can see, I signed only seven players (four of them played regular football, three were rotated), selling expensive and non-profitable players (and earning €60K by doing that). Our wage budget is €14K p/w, we are spending €16,5K p/w (+staff wages) so it's not weird that we are €500K in minus. We were awared €240K for finishing 6th but as I promised players higher prize money, €275K was payed to them so basically, we lost €35K for finishing 6th.

Football League OPAP / Team stats / Player stats

As I sad, fanstastic result for Eordaikos. The thing that bugged me the most is that we were favorites for maybe 5 games total. All other games, the odds for our win were often bigger than 5. So team talk was kinda odd... I even wished luck to the lads when we were playing against 18th team (we won that game of course).

Kupello Hellas

After managing to win the Panathinaikos match last year, I had high expectations this year. But Stambolziev ruined two or three clear cut chances and we got eliminated. Not so important now.

Players

I don't have to say that the whole team played great. Here are "the best of the best": Robert Stambolziev, Oliver Boumal, Vladimir But. But played as the playmaker and Robert and Oliver played as poachers, scoring numerous fantastic goals. Here's hoping they can continue doing their job next year because I doubt the board will give me money for transfers. Until next year, goodbye from Greece.

Season    Club        Division                Position  Cup              Achievements   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Eordaikos   Football League OPAP    10th      Fifth Round      n/a
2012/13   Eordaikos   Football Legaue OPAP    6th       Second Round     Promotion!

Santa Claus 2017 - µUpdate

Having defeated Suduva of Lithuania and FC København of Denmark, Santa Claus was in the draw for the Champions playoff, winner to the group stage of the champions league. The biggest cheer since Aleem O'Balogun scored the winner away in Copenhagen was heard as Santa Claus have been drawn against FC Zestaponi of Georgia. The easiest draw I've ever seen at this stage.

nano-update, we won, I forgot quite how much money this was worth, £6,174,000 for group stage, it just blows all my other financial numbers to pieces. On receipt of this money I had over £7M in the bank and so went to have a word with chairman, Jussi Jääskeläinen, who is now looking into building a new stadium and is going to upgrade training facilities.

Thanks BWG! I managed to follow up the win with a narrow 1-0 win against de Graafschap, so now I'm sitting at 13th place, 2 points from the relegation spot. The transfer window is now open and I've improved my squad with 4 new players. What I desperately need is a better striker though. I was offered Cristiano that I've seen other people in this challenge sign, but he's asking for ridiculous wage demands, € 9K per week! My board won't allow that.

Welsh Premiership - 2016/17

Tranfers: None. As I have said, the fact that we cannot improve any of our facilities, or even though we can scout the entire world no matter where we sent them they bring us zero reports, there we no player in. There were some out, mostly the ones who were at the end of their contracts.

- The league continues to improve, and the teams are more and more strong year after year. As a proof, the hottest striker in the league, Harverfordwest's Mark Currie, was signed by Portsmouth for a mere £16k, and scored 14 goals in 40 games with the English team. That was definitely a relief for us.

- In the league itself, we managed to head the league from week two, but Llanelli and Harverdfordwest gave us a run for our money all year long. We managed to keep them up to 7 points away, and towards the end of the season, they got closer and closer, to the point where the last game, away at Llanelli, they had the chance to clinch the title if they beat us by five goals or more.

- They didn't. Even worse, we won 0-2, and celebrated in the stadium of our rivals. To On top of that, Harverdfordwest got their second place in the last game as well. To have won the league without having signed anyone, and to do is this way, is definitely a positive note.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- Lost to Bangor away 2-0 in the quarterfinals. Probably a good thing.

Welsh Cup

- Beat West End away 0-3 in the 3rd round, Haverdfordwest 4-2 in the 4th one. Then we lost to Bangor on penalties after missing one ourselves in regular time and getting scored in the 121st minute. Sure.

Europa League

- We narrowly beat Israelite Bnei Yehuda 4-3 on aggregate, then came Vitesse. The dutch team had plenty of stars, but we surprised them with a 1-2 score at their stadium, which turned into a 2-2 tie on the 94th minute. Gutted, we could only manage to lose 1-2 home. We felt like we deserved more, but yet again that has been the feeling for a few years now.

In other news

Stats

- Christos Angeli, Brit born in Cyprus, was our best scorer. Very young and already the leader.

- As long as Mr. Bernard continues to put them in, we will continue to renew his contract. A definite help in the cups.

- Amazingly, Bridgend (now in lower leagues) managed to win the Welsh Cup by beating TNS 0-2. If they don't get promoted, they will be in the Euro Cup without playing in the Premiership. Wow.

- I won manager of the year, and three of my players were included in the team of the year.

- After agreeing to better the training facilities (now mediocre), and spending money for 11 months for it, the board canceled it two weeks before they remodeling was over, due to lack of funds. Major WTF. We still had a good £800k in the bank.

- The next CL final will be played in Wales' own Millennium Stadium! Also, because of the coefficients, we are now 31st. We now get one team in the 1st round of the CL (nothing changed there), two in the 3rd round of Euro (one up here), and one in the 2nd round (same). However, we are 16 places awya from anything changing regarding the CL, so never mind that.

- Season passes - 33, same than last year.

- Attendance - 133 in average, 34 more than last year! That is a whooping 2% of stadium capacity.

- Club's value - £825k - £100k more than last year.

- Match/Season ticket - £5/£50 - £+.10/0 than last year, first increase in years.

- The league is...169 places up, to 418th. We are now also the 31st best European league in terms of coefficients.

- The club is...31 places up, to 401st.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

This league is killing me.... I lost a couple of matches during a period with 8 matches in 16 days which had every single player in the squad dead and now this. I don't actually have a squad this big, this is with all my reserve team players moved to the 1st team to see if any were available but most of them are finnish youth internationals. The 3 on the bench and Jussi Tiihonen are all under 18.

Yet another congratulations B.W.G. Not just for being the first to complete the challenge but the way you did it.

You dominated in Wales for over a decade, and finished the challenge quite early.

Well done.

54 players called up for international duty???

I cant even afford to keep 54 players on the books.

BWG has been added to my list of man-crushes after this success :D

I am getting to the point now where my players are probably too good for my team and are getting tempted away by the bigger sides, but hopefully I can ignore their advances and risk a drop in morale in order to hold on to them. The problem is that my best 3 players are all out of contract in a few months and refuse to sign on the dotted line. Could be a frantic summer if I have to replace them.

So, we played the CL playoffs. We beat Odense 7-1 on aggregate.

Then, we get Nicosia. we win 3-1 at home...then, one red card and two injuries after all subs are done, and we lose 4-1 on overtime, with 8 players on the field.

So we go to the Euro playoffs.

We play Rapid Viena (grey team). We tie 1-1 home. Then, red card in the second league, we lose 3-0.

Whatever.

Santa Claus 2017

Domestic: The Cups were easy, another non-league side in the cup final to destroy. The league was pretty tricky, we had massive fixture congestion (8 games in 16 days) resulting in a few defeats and HJK chasing me hard, international callups stole my players and I still found a way to win.

Europe: Started easily with a trip to Lithuania. Then against the Danes who self destructed in Rovaniemi setting up the easiest draw I've ever seen to make the group stages against Zestaponi of Georgia.

Suduva 0-4 Santa Claus

Santa Claus 1-0 Suduva

Santa Claus 3-1 FC København

FC København 2-3 Santa Claus

Santa Claus 4-2 Zestaponi

Zestaponi 1-4 Santa Claus

We were given a tough group, they're all tough. Anyway we started with the easiest match on paper, Celtic at home. Aleem O'Balogun terrorised the defence getting Bamba sent off and scoring the winner, Santa Claus top the group! Next up Sporting away and back down to earth as we didn't have a shot all game followed by Sevilla away where we took the lead through a super strike from O'Balogun naturally but ended up 1-1, a decent result for any side.

Santa Claus 1-0 Celtic

Sporting 1-0 Santa Claus

Sevilla 1-1 Santa Claus

Our team would be fresh for the next 3 matches as they were played well after the Finnish league ends, first up was Sevilla in Rovaniemi in November, the Spaniards didn't like the cold and we managed to sneak a win. In Scotland having got level after 10 minutes the game ran away from us and ended up losing 4-1. Next up in mid December the Portuguese had to visit our freezing fortress, played in -3ºC (Real temperatures are much lower than FM thinks) it was still too much and within 15 minutes we were 2-0 up and running wild over a side that barely turned up, it could easily have been 5-0 at the end, one of the performances of the season at a time we really needed one meaning we won every home match. Santa Claus advance to the next stage!!

Santa Claus 1-0 Sevilla

Celtic 4-1 Santa Claus

Santa Claus 2-0 Sporting

The final position. Next up, AC Milan (As good a draw as any, they were all of this calibre)

League: Winners

Squad: Talented

Best Player: Aleem O'Balogun

Best Finn: Joakim Häggblom (Could have given this prize to Furuholm again but I'll go with the defender)

Top Scorer: Aleem O'Balogun

Next season: No youth academy upgrades, apparently due to money but I'm rolling in it (over £10M) and growing from Champions League, my only hope is that the money is earmarked for the stadium request.

Oh and knockout stages!

Year | League        | Position | Finnish Cup | League Cup | C. League | Europa L.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 | Ykkönen       | 7th      | 3rd Round   | N/A        | N/A       | N/A
2013 | Ykkönen       | 3rd      | 3rd Round   | N/A        | N/A       | N/A
2014 | Ykkönen       | 1st      | 3rd Round   | N/A        | N/A       | N/A
2015 | Veikkausliiga | 2nd      | Winners     | Quarters   | N/A       | N/A
2016 | Veikkausliiga | Winners  | Winners     | Semi       | N/A       | Group 4th
2017 | Veikkausliiga | Winners  | Winners     | Winners    | Knockout* | N/A

Season 1 - Salthill Devon - Irish First Division - Champions

My Profile

League Table

Transfers

Transfers part 2

We really did play some fantastic football in getting promotion, we had a very poor start as the team gelled together and despite not getting many wins we were attracting a lot of praise for our pressing and passing style. It took us a while to get going but when it finally did we could destroy some teams and carve them open with clever through balls and pacy wing play..

Key Players

Sean O'Connor

Our star player and the Irish First Division player of the year, he looked a class above and chipped in with a lot of goals on the left wing.

Graham Rusk

Took him a while to get into his stride as the lone striker but he really puts a good shift in and chases down every loose ball, I had 3 strikers and at 1st wasn't sure who should be 1st choice. His form soon made it clear that he was number one..

Thomas Hyland

Every good team needs a solid defence and despite him missing chunks of the season through injury he was very consistent at the back..

Obviously delighted with how it turned out, I've already added 2 new players ready for the Irish premier League with former Bohemians player Mark Quigley adding competition up front and former Ipswich youngster Conor Hourihane bolstering the midfield.

Just got offered a new contract and it lets you choose wages and contract length, given myself a full time 2 year deal on £1 p/w :D

I was wondering what to do with this. I initially did the same but then realised I was pretty expendable and they could cancel my contract for a couple of quid /o\

Now I tend to just lower the wages by about half so it'll still cost them to replace me :)

28gti5d.jpg

Lower Maze FC - Season 2012/13 - Northern Irish Second Division

Some players went out and some came in, but not as many transfers as last season. Still, we started the new season as we did the last, losing. Only in the fifth game we got a win! Then however the confidence really came forward and we went on a 21 game streak unbeaten in all competitions, and in the end we finished on 2nd place and promotion! We were far behind Ballinamallard United, who got relegated last season, but early on we got good lead down to the rest of the teams. The promotion was clear after 26 matches.

In the cups we got some runs, but no victories. In the Northern Irish League Cup we went out in the second round against Queens University after losing 3-2 after extra time. Banbridge were the team that sent us out of the Northern Irish Intermediate Cup in the 4th round after they beat us 2-1 after extra time. While in the Mid Ulster Cup we went out in the 2nd round after losing on pens in the quarter final. Finally, in the Northern Irish Cup we went out against Dungannon after a replay match were we lost 2-1 after extra time.

The main player this season have to be Paul Brown whom we loaned from our parent club Glenavon. Other stars are Mark Stewart who scored 9 goals as a centeral defender and Barry Baggley who created lots of chances for us.

The Northern Irish Premier League went up 31 places to 259th place in the rankings.

We got a new kit sponsor deal, however it now playes £2k LESS than the one we had. Jeez, my board must be horrible at negotiating deals. We get promoted and get less money from sponsor deals, who knew?

Season   Division   Position   Points   Season tickets  C.League  Europa    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Second      8th        42          27          N/A      N/A      Avoided Relegation
2012/13   Second      2nd        59          27          N/A      N/A      Promotion

Is it ok for me to do this challenge with Latvia, I downloaded a Latvian database down to the 4th league and would love to try it on this challenge

PM Quackje, we have discussed having a spin off thread for non official dbs. See where he's up to with it.

Archived