Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier League - 2022/23

Transfers - The one signing was to strengthen up front so I now have 4 forwards who know where the bet is.

Competitions

Welsh Premier League - Table - Complete and utter domination although I have to give my praise to both Barry Town and Afan Lido who did brilliantly through the season except when facing me :p

Champions League - Group Stages - I was screwed out...I had better head to head than Sevilla, better goal difference and more goals scored and I went out...WTF!! :mad:

Euro Cup - Winners!! - Up 1st was Zenit St.Petersburg who were disposed of 5-1 on agg.(1st Leg:2nd Leg). As a reward I was given A.Madrid, still wandering how I got through as I edged past them 3-2 on agg after leaving it late.(1st Leg:2nd leg). After that amazing luck, next up was Bayern Munich..we won a ding dong battle 6-4 on agg.(1st Leg:2nd Leg). We were given a tough Semi final as we faced Valencia. We got through on penalties and not a German in sight!(1st Leg:2nd Leg). Battle of Britain at Villa Park was the final between us and Arsenal in which we took the spoils 5-2!!!

Welsh Cup - Winners - I thoroughly loved winning this as it was TNS!!!

League Cup - Winners - I never get bored of beating TNS...ever!!

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year, even though I would have gave it Ryan Giggs as he got Barry into 4th place and earnt a Euro Cup spot by winning the european playoff final.

Rob Yates was top scorer overall with 57 goals, he won Play of the Year

Martin Mortensen collected most assists with 34.

David Stewart won Welsh Player of the Year, Top Scorer,European Golden Boot and Fans Player of the Year

Saeed Al-Qarni won Welsh Young Player of the Year

Jacob Knudsen won Young Player of the Year

Bridgend Town were Team of the Season, think thats the 3rd time on the run now!

No amazing youth prospects this year, just one who could be a good backup but thats it.

The Heroes

GK - Mick Hendrie

DL - Saeed Al-Qarni

DR -Orlin Lazarov

DC - Emil Andersen

DC - Craig Saunders

AML-Jacob Knudsen

AMR - Alan Williams

MC -Martin Mortensen

MC -David Hughes

ST - Rob Yates

ST - David Stewart

Sub 1 - Leon Clowes

Sub 2 - Lewis Macey

These are the heroes who did the unthinkable and bought European glory to Bridgend. Long may the memory last untill we win the Champions League. Also out of the 13 who played some part, 9 came from Britain!!

Expectations

To continue to do what I always do...dominate and improve.

To help improve the Welsh ranking which currently sits at 52nd and is rated 2.5*, woo woo woo!!!

To earn a better sponsorship deal than this this. £110k is nice but for one season...not so nice!

Season     League    Cup              C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011/12    2nd      Runners Up        N/A             N/A        Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st      Winners           N/A             2nd QL     Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble
2014/15    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble.     
2015/16    1st      Winners           Play Off        Group      Domestic Treble.
2016/17    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2017/18    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2018/19    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2019/20    1st      Winners           Group Stage     Q.Finals   Domestic Treble.
2020/21    1st      Winners           Q.Finals        N/A        Domestic Treble.
2021/22    1st      Winners           Semi-Final      N/A        Domestic Treble.
2022/23    1st      Winners           Group Stages    Winners    Quadruple (WP,WC,LC,EC)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kccircle - if you can get that goalscorer then its yours :thup:

Due to the success of the Euro Cup, the attendance for Bridgend has increased dramtically, the 1st 3 home games have been 1079,1715 and 1706. The increase between the 1st and 2nd would probably be down to success, coughwonsupercupcough. The other thing...i've sold 6 more season tickets then ever before, I'm now on 30 :p

Afan Lido came 5th, they got to the european playoff final but lost 5-0 to Barry Town. On the plus side Afan finished above Llanelli and are also worth £950k now which is still the 3rd highest in the league behind Barry (£1.1 million) and Bridgend (£41.5 million). Also they have started the new season solidly as they currently sitting in 3rd after 8 games.

Thanks for spotting the broken link, fixed for you now :thup:

Afan Lido - 2019/20

Table

My interest has struggled to stay with this season, hence it taking me a while to complete it. Our league form was awful however we managed 2 cup final appearances. Lost in the League Cup but we did win the Welsh Cup for the first time, which has given us European football again.

My finances are still awful and my scouts are not finding anyone either in Europe or the UK. Which gives me even less hope for next season.

Think I need to win the league and soon for me to keep my interest.

Career So Far

Season    Position   Points   FA Cup  League Cup  C.League  Europa       Achievements
2011/12   11th       28       R3      R1          n/e       n/e
2012/13   11th       31       R3      QF          n/e       n/e
2013/14   6th        36       SF      SF          n/e       n/e
2014/15   9th        35       SF      Winner      n/e       n/e
2015/16   4th        47       R3      QF          n/e       n/e          Won Euro Playoff Final
2016/17   6th        37       R3      R1          n/e       1st Qual     Won Euro Playoff Final           
2017/18   2nd        64       R.Up    R1          n/e       3rd Qual
2018/19   2nd        54       R4      Winner      n/e       1st Qual
2019/20   4th        51       Winner  R.UP        n/e       3rd Qual

Eger - Hungarian Division I - 2017/18 season review

League Table

If you’d have offered me 3rd place at the start of the season I would have snapped your arm off. But somehow by the end of the season it seemed like a disappointment. We dominated teams in the first half of the season and spent much of it on top of the league. We were winning games 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 regularly and the football really was a joy to behold.

The winter break arrived, and we were in turmoil. Players with contracts expiring wouldn't sign extensions, the debts were mounting. A reserve keeper seemed on the verge of staging a revolt, and by time February rolled around all form was lost. The defenders forgot how to defend, and the strikers seemed to need satnav to find the goal.

This progress graph tells the story quite clearly.

Cups

The early part of our cup run provided some big wins just like in the league. We finished a close second in the group stage of the league cup and failed to progress.

In the main Hungarian cup we made it to the final with little worry along the way. We were paired against Div II opposition DVSC II, which sounds good in theory, but they are Debrecen's 2nd team, and I couldn't help feeling a stitch up was on the cards. Didn't really matter though. We controlled the final winning 2-1, but the performance was much better than the score.

Players

Amr Khalil was once again the standout performer. Unfortunately he is one of the players who turned down a new contract and European football in favour of Dinamo Tirana in Albania. Not exactely huge career advancement. Still, in the two and a half seasons he was with us he made valuable contributions and scored 50 goals from 85 appearances. Amr also managed to come third in the player of the season award.

Young Ukrainian striker Igor Kovalenko is the man charged with filling Amr's shoes, and has made a great start to his Eger career.

While local boy Gábor Ludánszki has made himself regular at the club, notching up 142 appearances and 17 games with the Hungarian youth team.

On a personal note, I managed to win my second manager of the season award.

Career Record:

Season    Pos   League            Cup  League Cup  C.League  Europa    Notes
2011/12   14th  Div II East       R1      N/A          N/A       N/A   Relegated Szeged
2012/13   12th  Div II East       R1      N/A          N/A       N/A   Hired at Eger
2013/14   9th   Div II East       R1      N/A          N/A       N/A
2014/15   1st   Div II East   Runner Up   N/A          N/A       N/A   promoted
2015/16   8th   Div I             R4     Winner        N/A    3Q round U19 champions
2016/17   14th  Div I	          QF	 Group	       N/A	 N/A	
2017/18   3rd   Div I	        Winner	 Group	       N/A	 N/A	

Is there any code or something that makes a season end instantly? A 3-0 win in the first match means we are on top of the league!

That may sound like a great start to the season but I'm still worried as hell after that game, 2 of the goals came from crosses from the wing with the message "player X scores a fluke!!" :D

Corruption must be ripe in the Greek second tier :D Played 4 games, scored 9 goals and at least 5 of them have been very dubious, to say the least! One of them had my striker kicking their defender down, leaving him injured, receiving the ball, running past him on the ground (with a comment about how the defender was unable to stop him ffs :D) and scoring :D Oh and a dodgy red card in one game as well :thup:

Oxslow - Northern Ireland - Desertmartin - Season 2

Season Review

A far better year even though I had the same amount of points in the league as last year. A far better goal difference and I only maged 1 point out of my last 5 games becasue of injuries. In the cups I got to the 1/4 finals of nearly every cup.

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Career Overview

Season     League Finish        Achievements
--------------------------------------------
2011/12    12th 2nd Division    None
2012/13    9th  2nd Division    None

Next Season

My targets are to get a right winger and a DM with a ever decreasing wage budget, it is now at £1.4k a week. I would also like to finish higher up the table.

Unlucky Gilbster.

Icelander83 I think that it must be the same in N.I at the start of the season I am in. I just think my team forgot to pay the refs.

Ahh, that would explain the huge deficit I'm running :D Already way in the red, kind of pinning all my hopes on promotion at the first time of asking..

It's top half for Eordaikos. After 21 games played, we're sitting 6th much closer to the top. Teams placed 3rd to 6th enter the promotion playoff.

Stambolziev is out best player and top scorer, but we can and I hope we will do better as the season's end comes. We still miss a lot of CCCs and it's starting to worry me; we lost lots of points after missing and then conceding.

Congrats to B.W.G on winning the Euro Cup, amazing achievement, mate; to Fastbasher on winning the Cup; to Mr_Demus on winning the league. Good luck to Oxslow, Gilbster and kccircle in the upcoming seasons. ;)

Good to see another person reaching to the top domestically Fastbasher, strange move though, Hungary -> Albania bit of a backwards step.

Tell me about it. Dinamo Tirana never even qualified for Europe either. Although he did get a nice pay increase to Ł3400 per week. Interested to know where that money comes from in Albania.

They have many sugardaddys?

Champions League - Group Stages - I was screwed out...I had better head to head than Sevilla, better goal difference and more goals scored and I went out...WTF!! :mad:

How do you have a better head to head than Sevilla?

Bridgend - Sevilla 2-1

Sevilla - Bridgend 1-0

2-2 overall but Sevilla wins the head to head due to their away goal, so that's why they finished 2nd and you finished 3rd. Seems fine :confused:

Pretty impressive show of how it's done nonetheless :thup:

The other teams are bloody awful, not one team has made it out of qualifiers so far. I actually thought about it but there seems to be a problem with the relegation/promotion, I originally wanted to play as Rhyl but no North Wales teams are promoted, its only South Wales teams. If a North Wales team gets relegated then you will never see them in the league again, with this it narrows the choice down for what team to use.

The other teams are bloody awful, not one team has made it out of qualifiers so far. I actually thought about it but there seems to be a problem with the relegation/promotion, I originally wanted to play as Rhyl but no North Wales teams are promoted, its only South Wales teams. If a North Wales team gets relegated then you will never see them in the league again, with this it narrows the choice down for what team to use.

When I was looking to start this challenge I get loading the promotion day and it was the same 3 teams doing up every time, Bridgend, Afan Lido and Gotyre

I was going to try and complete this challenge in France. I downloaded the saved game provided in the first post but for some reason when I create a manager the Sunday League Footballer option is greyed and I cannot select it. Do I use automatic instead...

Well, seeing as how France are not part of this challenge and there's no save in the OP, I'd say it's fairly safe to assume you are in the wrong place ;)

With how far I've got, I've seen 2 other teams as well, Barry Town and Cwmbran Celtic,who all play in the Welsh Football league division 1. With this, I think its kind of unfair on Cymru allliance teams as that is at the same level as the Welsh Football league division 1.

How do you have a better head to head than Sevilla?

Bridgend - Sevilla 2-1

Sevilla - Bridgend 1-0

2-2 overall but Sevilla wins the head to head due to their away goal, so that's why they finished 2nd and you finished 3rd. Seems fine :confused:

Hah! He's absolutely right. Serves me right for not clicking on the screenshot and just reading the post:

Our head to head was Sevilla 1-2 Bridgend and Bridgend 0-1 Sevilla

B.W.G. - there's your answer, you didn't get screwed at all. The tiebreaker was applied correctly - somehow you wrote the results down the wrong way around, it was actually Sevilla that scored more away goals and therefore goes through under limb © of the tiebreaker. Still, I'm sure the Europa Cup is a nice consolation... ;-)

i'm goin for ireland, but having a problem. no one is getting relegated from the first division, beacuse last place enters the relegation play offs and i have restrted 5 times now and they always win the final so no team is actually promoted to the first division. is it ok to continue with the team who finished last? advise please

It's a little late, but perhaps the key is taking over the team in the relegation playoff final and making sure they lose.

i'm goin for ireland, but having a problem. no one is getting relegated from the first division, beacuse last place enters the relegation play offs and i have restrted 5 times now and they always win the final so no team is actually promoted to the first division. is it ok to continue with the team who finished last? advise please

It's a little late, but perhaps the key is taking over the team in the relegation playoff final and making sure they lose.

EDIT: It works. Holiday until the 14th of November, take the team over that has been relegated, save, go on holiday for the final league match, on the 15th of November your opponent is chosen (if you don't like them then go back and load the save), send the team into oblivion with a 0-6-5 formation, retire temporary manager, holiday to the league reset date, take over the team that won the relegation playoff. Now that wasn't too complicated, was it? ;)

I had the same problem in Ireland btw, tried to holiday to the relegation playoff but the bottom team always win. Didn't want to 'cheat' so I've just started it as Salthill Devon who finished bottom but won the relegation playoff. Have sold all players bar 1 or 2 so have pretty much a new team that I think should do o.k, not sure on the strikers though.

I'm now on the day of the 1st game of the season but haven't decided on a tactic yet, will work on that when I get home and see what I can do. Also my manager screenshot was taken a couple of weeks into the game, don't think anything has changed so hope that's o.k.

Welsh Premiership - 2015/16

Welsh Premiership - 2014/15[/b]

Welsh Premiership - 2014/15[/b]

Transfers signed some goalkeepers, all too young; couldn't find any decent defenders; and even though I sent our scout to anywhere in the world, they brought me nothing. Sometimes I think the having a 9,000 players database really hurts me in the long term. Oh well. In Angeli we have a very promising striker. In mid season, we desperately snatched the poor defender our league has to offer from other teams, at a high price. It's the only thing I can think of doing.

- Once again, there was a stronger team than ours. This time it was rival Llanelli, who after winning the first eleven games in a row, we pretty much knew they would clinch the title. Of course, the 94 yellows and 10 reds we got in 40 season games didn't help either.

- Towards the end of the season, we were 12 points away from the lead, and even Haverdfordwest was second, but after a run of 10 games won in a row, we got up there, fought until the last weeks, and eventually secured the second spot. Good season.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- We went all the way to the final after beating Bangor, Airbus UK and Neath Athletic. We had scoring giant Harverdfordwest in the final. We even rested our entire eleven to give it a shot.

Then this happened. We obviously lost 2-4. Sure.

Welsh Cup

- Well, we also got to the final, against Llanelli. This time we didn't rest anybody just to see what happened.

- We lost 1-3, missing a penalty and playing with ten for an hour. Sure.

To this point, I don't even care about the cups anymore. It's clearly not my thing.

Europa League

- We were smashed by Norwegian Fredrikstad for an overall of 2-11. We out shot them, but they just scored more. Way more.

In other news

Stats

- Our best striker was Lee Barnard, at age 31, continues to earn contract extensions. Top scorer with 2o of them.

- Shane May, brought from Harverdfordwest on a free, was top assistant with 12 of them. Great, young right wing.

- Our best overall player was Geraint Williams, central defender. I just don't know how this guy does it.

- We regulary have 7-8 players being called for the U-19 and U-21 Welsh teams. The next goal is to have someone called for the national team. Has this happened to any of you guys?

- Season passes - 33, same than last year.

- Attendance - 99 in average, 2 less than last year.

- Club's value - £675k - £75k more than last year.

- Match/Season ticket - £4.90/£50 - £-.10/0 than last year. I guess they keep going down in price...

- The league is...102 places up, to 587th.

- The club is...106 places up, to 464th.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

Edit: we officially have lower than average youth facilities, and with no money to improve them. We gotta get our hands on some cash.

I have 7 players fully capped by Wales but thats mainly down to the lack of quality everywhere else. They've been capping my reserve players which shows how little quality there is in the game.

Also, 5 teams went professional for the new season making it 9 professional teams in total. The new professionals are Afan Lido,Airbus, Barry Town,Haverfordwest and Port Talbot.

Good end to season but bad luck for having stronger AI then on my save.

EDIT: It works. Holiday until the 14th of November, take the team over that has been relegated, save, go on holiday for the final league match, on the 15th of November your opponent is chosen (if you don't like them then go back and load the save), send the team into oblivion with a 0-6-5 formation, retire temporary manager, holiday to the league reset date, take over the team that won the relegation playoff. Now that wasn't too complicated, was it? ;)

i spoke with gundo, considering i'm in the 2017 season its a bit late to go back. but he said as the team finished dead last and as there is proof of that then i am entitled to continue with this challenge

I had the same problem in Ireland btw, tried to holiday to the relegation playoff but the bottom team always win. Didn't want to 'cheat' so I've just started it as Salthill Devon who finished bottom but won the relegation playoff. Have sold all players bar 1 or 2 so have pretty much a new team that I think should do o.k, not sure on the strikers though.

I'm now on the day of the 1st game of the season but haven't decided on a tactic yet, will work on that when I get home and see what I can do. Also my manager screenshot was taken a couple of weeks into the game, don't think anything has changed so hope that's o.k.

best of luck mate, if you read through you will see my journey with salthill so far. i found it very dificult the first few seasons, hope you have better luck

Afan Lido - Welsh Premier Division - 2020/21

Season started depressingly badly where we lost on away goals to Qarabag Agdam of Azerbaijan, in the 2nd Qualifying round of the EURO Cup.

However I then made a formation switch, unusually to a completely default tactic/formation, didn't tinker with it the whole season, and the results have been astonishing. Table

We beat TNS in the FA Cup final, and lost to Haverfordwest in the Loosemore League Cup Final., giving Afan Lido their first double, and so almost a treble.

However my scouts still are only finding British players, the 1 Norwegian player didnt look good enough, and I feel I will need Europeans to be able to compete properly in Europe.

We are though in the qualifiers for the CL for the first time, so will just be happy to put a good performance against in theory a better side than I've played against so far.

Aims:

Retain title

Get past at least 1 round in Europe

Somehow improve my finances

Career So Far

Season    Position   Points   FA Cup  League Cup  C.League  Europa       Achievements
2011/12   11th       28       R3      R1          n/e       n/e
2012/13   11th       31       R3      QF          n/e       n/e
2013/14   6th        36       SF      SF          n/e       n/e
2014/15   9th        35       SF      Winner      n/e       n/e
2015/16   4th        47       R3      QF          n/e       n/e          Won Euro Playoff Final
2016/17   6th        37       R3      R1          n/e       1st Qual     Won Euro Playoff Final           
2017/18   2nd        64       R.Up    R1          n/e       3rd Qual
2018/19   2nd        54       R4      Winner      n/e       1st Qual
2019/20   4th        51       Winner  R.UP        n/e       3rd Qual
2020/21   1st        76       Winner  R.Up        n/e       2nd Qual     Double Winners!

edit: Sponsorship has gone up from £6k p/a for 6 years, to £24k p/a for 6 years. Good thing I won the title in the season my sponsorship deal was due to be renewed.

Welsh league up to 135th position, and has a 1.5 star rating.

Queens University- Northern Ireland- PSJMcNeill- 2011/2012

To begin with seeing as this is my first update should probably throw in my manager profile from the start of the season.

Manager Profile

This shall be a quick update as i completed this season a number of days ago but have never got the time to do an update.

Our league form was woeful to begin with, but as we started to gel we put in the odd good performance and in the end avoided relegation quite comfortably.

Final League Table

In the cups i felt we put in our better performances which proved to be frustrating, however when it came to the rounds with bigger teams we didn't even put up a fight against their reserves however we did have one successful cup run in the Steel and Sons cup but however fell short in the final put still a nice effort for our first season.

Steel & Sons Cup

End of the season got a new contract and the club was bought over for 6k but no further investment so far. Alot of transfers and currently sit top in January but hey that's for another update ;)

Champions League - Second Qualifying Round - Leg 1

At least I won't have to worry about going out on away goals this season.

Second Qual Round - Leg 2

Fantastic result and I get to play Debrecen (Hungary) in the next round. Now that will be a tough match.

edit: 3rd Qual Round - Leg 1 - Debrecen 4-1 Afan Lido

Leg 2 - Afan Lido 3-1 Debrecen

Shame about the 2nd minute goal from Debrecen, that effectively knocked us out, but gutsy second leg performance anyway. Money was nice though.

EURO CUP - 4th Qualifying Round - Leg 1

Forgot I got a second chance in this competition. I feel I may need a miracle on the second leg.

And Leg 2 was PSG 3-1 Afan Lido.

Ah well was a good run, shame it didnt end up as group stage football.

Brilliant, got to the half way stage in 6th place :) Won't be quitting this save any time soon, the team are actually playing like I want them to, whether they lose or not!

Might have something to do with my keeping the pre-match prep on "team blend" rather than faffing about, switching it between the other options

best of luck mate, if you read through you will see my journey with salthill so far. i found it very dificult the first few seasons, hope you have better luck

Thanks mate, I've had a glance at your story already but now I've started as them I'll go back and read it all. I'm sure it will be difficult at 1st but I'll be happy with slow progress. In the past I've kind of given up if I don't instantly succeed but I'm determined to stick with this 1.

Bohemians Prague Season Review – 2014/2015

A short but sweet season review as I don’t have the time for a full write-up, plus the depressing nature of the season means I have nothing much to write home about.

We were basically treading water this year but managed to finish a place above last season. It’s still an achievement but we failed in the cup and are now losing money hand over fist due to an ambitious wage structure at the club. Things need to be sorted over the summer. I’ll also be recruiting one or possibly two new goalkeepers after our two first team keepers struggled to hold down the spot and make it their own. We conceded more than most of the league which was a concern all year but I wanted to wait until the off-season before making any rash choices.

All of our strength in depth is at the back and upfront with the midfield looking flimsy so it could be another busy summer. The squad is far too big as I have a load of youngsters I signed but are too old for the youth team and not yet good enough to leave a mark in the league, so hoping to get them off on loan next year rather than holding on to them.

Loads of room for improvement, finishing 21 points behind the league leaders shows the chasm in quality that we will look to narrow next year.

Here’s the league table, no other screenshots to speak of as nothing much interesting happened :D

Season           Division            Position    FA Cup       Europe  Other 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012     Czech Second Division     11th     Third Round     N/A     N/A
2012/2013     Czech Second Division     2nd      Second Round    N/A     Promoted
2013/2014     Czech First Division      6th      Final           N/A     N/A
2014/2015     Czech First Division      5th      Fourth Round    N/A     N/A

Even though I'm ecstatic at the performance of my team so far, I can't help but feel the second part of the season will be a little dull. 17 games to go so 51 points in the pot. We are 11 points from relegation and we are way too good to have any troubles of that sort. Bad part is we are also 10 points from a promotion spot which we also won't get close to. The teams in the top two have scored 45 and 43 goals to my 29, leaving them with a goal difference in the 20's while mine is... err.. 4 :D

Looking at the table I can see how much turning draws into wins means, we've only won 2 games more than we've lost but sit in 6th :thup:

28gti5d.jpg

Lower Maze FC - Season 2011/12 - Northern Irish Second Division

After I took over in charge the first thing I had to find out was what kind of players do we got. A quick look through the squad was not very uplifting, so I hit the transfer market. I relasead most of the players and got in a whole load of free transfers. The start of the season was not uplifting as we went the 7 first games without a goal, and only picking the occational point. However, a little bit into the season things slowly started to change. We began winning some matches and after a little while we were out of the relegation zone. Our seasonal goal was simple; avoid relegation at all costs! In the end we ended on a very respectable 8th place.

We had some various results in the different cups. In the Northern Irish League Cup we only got one match, a 0-2 loss against Wakehurst. The Northern Irish Intermediate Cup on the other hand let us stay untill the 4th round. We beat Moyola Park 2-1 after extra time in the first round, then followed a second round 1-0 extra time win and a 3-2 win against Ballynahinch United in the third. We finally went out in the 4th round when we suffered a pentaly loss against Linfield Swifts. We also got far in the Northern Irish Cup, here we got all the way to the quarter finals, where we were beaten after a rematch where we lost 3-1 to H&W Welders. In the Mid Ulster Cup we went out in the first round against Loughall on pens.

Financially we are steady in the red. We are below the wage budget, but we only have an average attendace of 94. We need to increase this to get some revenue soon or else we are in trouble. The board has agreed to find a parent team, but later came back and told me they couldn't find any suitable teams to form a link with.

The main players this season has been Mark Stewart, Daniel Hanna and Stefan Campbell. I also have to mention a young local player, Ryan Young, he scored 10 goals this season and has played much better than his ability.

The Northern Irish Premier Division went down 21 places to 290th in the rankings.

Season   Division   Position   Points   Season tickets  C.League  Europa    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Second      8th        42          27          N/A      N/A      Avoided Relegation

End of Season Report: Salthill Devons Irish Premier Division, 2017

League Table, League Graph

Irish League Cup – semi final

Irish Senior Challenge – winners

All Ireland Cup – Winners

Champions League - Group Stage

Ticket Price €9

Season ticket price €202

Season tickets sold 243

Average Attendance 1352

Premier TV Revenue 2017 - €88,000

Premier Division Rank

2010 (159th) 2015 (81st)

2011 (129th) 2016 (68th)

2012 (96th) 2017 (81st)

2013 (69th)

2014 (54th)

Squad

Transfers

A few Brazilians incoming all massive prospects. the sale of my best player will smith

for 1.6m to QPR (no champions league football for him) thanks to the chairman accepting

on my behalf the c*nt

Player/s of the Season

Kabongo

nathan newton

Youth Players

none really, best potential was decent premier standard, all my players and back up players

are leading pot. another upgrade again this season with the champions league money

hope to get some soon tho

Finances

Money Money Money. Rolling in the dosh, wages now tho are at 40k p/week Gulp!

Aims

destroy the league. keep improving in europe. try nd upgrade the stadium

stadium expansion: bullcrap

youth/facilities upgrade: Gulp!

if i make any mistakes im drunk si i'll fix it in morning

Season  	League   	    Position  		 Achievements
   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   2011         Irish First Division     12th	            n/a
   2012         Irish First Division     10th	            ISC Finalists
   2013         Irish First Division     1st               ILC Winners/ Promotion
   2014         Irish Premier Division   4th               AIC
   2015         irish Premier Division   3rd               AIC
   2016         Irish Premier Division   1st               AIC/IPD
   2017         Irish Premier Division   1st               AIC/IPD/ISC

Archived