Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on completing the first half of the challenge AdamFitz :thup:

I've barely played my save since I won the league but I can't bring myself back to it, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have taken the team as far as they will go but I am determined to defeat this challenge before the second patch :D

Good stuff Bazza, enjoyed your update. You made better progress in every competition so do not be downheartened that you aren't moving forward as much as you may like.

Welcome to William Hall and good luck. Oh and thank you to noikeee and Oxslow for your kind words.

2011/12 Season Review

Eerste Divisie (sacked after 30 games)

I'm embarassed about this relegation. This is the first time I have been relegated or sacked in FM11 but VV Bennekom were the worst team I've managed so far in FM in comparison with the strength of the league.

Dutch Cup

Meh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season	Club		League	Posit.	Cup	Euro	Achievements	-
2011/12	vv Bennekom	Eerste	18th(R)	2nd Rd	N/A	None		-								-

2012/13 Season Review

According to Guidelines I took the job at the next promoted team.

Eerste Divisie

Finished 8th in the Eerste Divisie and was knocked out in the First Playoff Round

Dutch CupHad a great cup run and reached the Quarter Final.

All in all, a great season. I should be able to build on this next season and you never know, maybe even get promoted.

2011/12	vv Bennekom	Eerste	18th(R)	2nd Rd	N/A	None		-
2012/13 AGOVV		Eerste	8th(PL)	1/4	N/A	Pl. Lost 1st Rd	-							-

Season 7 - Salthill Devon - The Treble Winners

League Table

Senior Challenge Cup

League Cup

Transfers

Complete dominance domestically here and we probably would have gone the whole season undefeated if I didn't start playing all the kids towards the end,. Won the league with 8 games to spare. In Europe it was the same old story, we were very convincing in reaching the group stages but then only managed 2 points from a group of Rubin, Benfica and Lyon. All of them were close games though.

Key Players

Kevin Coleman

Somehow persuaded him to stay on a longer deal, he is just a legend here. Class at the back.

Nicolas Frontan

He is wanted by a lot of big clubs and won't sign a new deal, annoying because he really is a class above.

Anderson

Far too good for us, he's our record signing and is just miles better than anyone in our league. Another one who is wanted by bigger sides and won't sign a new deal.

Serge Job

Not related to the other song, well I don't think he is. This guy is probably my favorite player in the team and he dominates our midfield. Really proud of his progress.

Francois Job

He is a fantastic find, my 1st choice to partner Coleman at the back.

Jamie Swift

irish league player of the year and he really stepped up a gear in his 3rd season with the club.

Summary

Yet again it was fairly big movement in the transfer windows as a lot of players wouldn't sign new deals, think it's going to be the way it is for the rest of the game to be honest. Nearly all our squad is wanted and most of them want to move.

Afan Lido - 2017/18 Season

Media Prediction: 5th

Final Position: 1st (Positions Graph)

We've done it again, much easier though this time as we were top of the league for the majority of the season. Now I hope that we can dominate the league and that I don't have to pay much attention to it, so we can focus on Europe. Player's performances weren't as good as they were last year but we still managed to win it with 3 points more than the previous year.

Squad

Didn't make too much changes to the starting 11 really, Alex Bell got replaced by Reuben Derbyshire and Sashi Chalwe and Craig Hunt featured more regularly than last year. Better back-up now.

Transfers

Best signing by far was Chalwe, Derbyshire was good as well, others are currently back-up.

Cups:

Champions League (lost 4-1 on aggregate to MSK Zilina in the 3rd Qualifying Round)

Zilina were way too good for us, but in the round before, we were fantastic. Lost 1-0 away to Sturm Graz after a bizarre goal, but in the return leg we recorded what I think is the best result in the club's history.

Europa League (lost 3-1 on aggregate to FC Twente in the 4th Qualifying Round)

We were never going to win it but it's a respectful result to me.

Welsh Cup (lost 2-0 to Bangor City in the Final)

Would've been nice to win but oh well, Bangor seem to be something of a bogey team for me.

Loosemores League Cup (Lost 4-2 on aggregate to Airbus in the Semi Finals)

Very disappointing loss for a tournament I still haven't won, maybe next year.

Best Eleven:

No Welsh players left in the first 11, there's basically no good Welsh players about, and I still can't upgrade my bloody youth facilities.

Mark Statham - Another good season for him.

Craig Stewart - Fantastic player, won Young Player of the Year.

Daniel Nixon - Another good season for him.

Reuben Derbyshire - I think Chalwe will take his spot for the time being.

Nick Reed - Don't know if him or Chris Ferguson will start next year, of if I'll sign someone new.

Danny Harris - Good, but not as good as last year.

Craig Hunt - Played ahead of Matty Collins as he wasn't injured as much, still got a couple of them though.

David O'Sullivan - Decent season.

Marcus Tudgay - Probably doesn't have long to go in the first team.

Harry Kane - Still banging them in.

Kelechi Ezekwe - Won't sign a new contract so will be gone in 2020.

Other News

The club has gone professional, don't know how to feel about that. Also, I'm now in the club's favoured personnel :D

Country Coefficient Position - 46th

Coefficient Value - 1.750 (up 0.750)

[b]Season    League                  Position    Points    Notes[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6199699&viewfull=1#post6199699"]2011/12[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        30        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6207976&viewfull=1#post6207976"]2012/13[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        37        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211252&viewfull=1#post6211252"]2013/14[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        30
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211344&viewfull=1#post6211344"]2014/15[/url]   Welsh Premier League    10th        38        Won Welsh Cup
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6214923&viewfull=1#post6214923"]2015/16[/url]   Welsh Premier League    3rd         53        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6220481&viewfull=1#post6220481"]2016/17[/url]   Welsh Premier League    1st         64        Welsh Premier League and Welsh Cup winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6223852&viewfull=1#post6223852"]2017/18[/url]   Welsh Premier League    1st         67        Welsh Premier League winners

2013/14 Season Review

Eerste Divisie

An absolutely brilliant season getting promoted to the Eredivisie thanks to the crazy Dutch playoff system.

Dutch Cup

Reasonably happy making the 3rd round.

Playoffs

Yep, we got promoted.

Well next season will be a monumental task but one I'm certainly looking forward to.

2011/12	vv Bennekom	Eerste	18th(R)	2nd Rd	N/A	None		-
2012/13 AGOVV		Eerste	8th(PL)	1/4	N/A	Pl. Lost 1st Rd	-
2013/14	AGOVV		Eerste	10th(PL)3rd Rd	N/A	Won Second Phase-
						Promoted	-

NK Olimpija Osijek - 2.HNL (Croatian First Division) - 2014/2015 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

Pushing for promotion we made a few signings meant to add something to the squad, although not necessarily for the positions we needed the most. The board allowed me to scout for all Europe after a few rounds of annoying them, however my most exciting signing was coming from Africa, a tanzanian winger called Mrisho Ngassa who had been offered by an agent. With all of this I was pretty confident promotion was possible.

First half of the championship

I actually won the opening game this time, but the team had a bit of an inconsistent start, we'd win at home easily but struggle badly away. Then we hit a patch of good form (highlight being this nice 5-3 game versus Slaven Belupo), and recovered all the way up to 2nd. However just before the break we had to face the two sides that we were fighting with - Dugopolje and Lokomotiva - and lost to both. That put us 5 points below our goal of 2nd place and the dream of promotion was starting to fade away from us.

Second half of the championship

Things could not get any better for us in February as we started a series of 8 games without a defeat. Luckily Dugopolje dropped some points and that allowed us climb back to 2nd, however we had dragged Junak and Croatia Sesvete along with us and it was a 4-team battle for the playoff spot. Then we slipped with two defeats and that gave Junak a 2 point advantage coming into the final 3 matches. Unfortunately we had a very tough calendar to end up the year, and we were totally humiliated at Dugopolje with a 5-0 defeat that killed our chances. Then another 2-0 defeat to Lokomotiva (who totally dominated the league) did it mathematically. We ended up 4th, same place as last year, but with 2 more points than last year. Does that count as progress?

Cup run

We were paired with minnows Zminj in the first round and predictably hammered them 4-1. Then we had a bit of a funny draw, putting us against the giants Dinamo Zagreb at home. The attendance record at our stadium was broken with a total of 2447 spectators, to watch us lose 3-0 in a game where Dinamo was obviously better but not as much as the scoreline might suggest.

Info

League: 4th (League Table) (Progress)

Cup:

Preliminary round - 4-1 (H) vs Zminj

1st round - 0-3 (H) vs Dinamo

(Transfers)

(Squad and stats)

Best eleven

GK - Marko Sarlija - Another good season from the veteran goalie, although the numbers show a slightly worse performance than last year. He did seem strangely passive in a few of the goals he conceded.

DR - Ivan Cosic - Decent year, but he's getting slow and he doesn't want to sign a new contract on the terms I'm offering. I'm worried because I don't have a better alternative.

DC - Roko Mislov - This time played exclusively as a centre-back and was as reliable as ever. Youngster Vladic Vasic is starting to put a fight for this place, though.

DC - Ivan Buljubasic - Great signing for this season, always a threat on attacking corners.

DL - Mirko Kramaric - Another new signing. Was perhaps the weakest link in defence, but has attracted the interest of a few clubs.

MC - Tomislav Jonjic - This reliable veteran arrived in November and gained the place over the cameroonian Tabi, who was also new to the club and of the same age.

MC - Stjepan Poljak - His arrival made me drop Dujanic to the bench and I never regretted it, which is a proof of his quality.

AMR - Mrisho Ngassa - Did well and scored quite often, but I had very big expectations for him and I'm not sure he matched them.

AML - Igor Acimovic - As good as ever, although would sometimes drop to very poor morale for no reason. Unlucky to break a foot at the most important part of the season, maybe that's what cost us promotion?

SC - Bosko Stupic - Possibly his best season so far at the club, but I still think he misses far too many chances. The team does seems to play better with him there, but it's such a frustrating position, I've got loads of forwards and none seem to perform next to Sablic.

SC - Zeljko Sablic - As deadly as last year, 20 goals scored. Which is puzzling because I don't understand what makes him so good from his attributes. And I better figure it out quick as he's getting old.

Now what?

Well I don't know. It's very frustrating to not see the club progress, though I guess it's better than to see it regress. I'm aiming for promotion again, of course, but the squad's getting old and I'm having big problems finding players that would be a tangible improvement over what we have. I did sign a few promising youngsters during the course of this season, but they're not ready yet.

At least the club reputation and value seems to be slowly increasing. And we're not leaking any more money than at this point last year.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe             Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
2014/15    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot

2014/15 Season Review

Eredivisie

Playoff

Well we stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

Dutch Cup

Meh.

I'm happy by our season, because we stayed up. Now we have a base to build on and another season of signing Eredivisie quality players to better ourselves for next season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season	Club		League		Posit.	Cup	Euro	Achievements	-
2011/12	vv Bennekom	Eerste Divisie	18th(R)	2nd Rd	N/A	None		-
2012/13 AGOVV		Eerste Divisie	8th(PL)	1/4	N/A	Pl. Lost 1st Rd	-
2013/14	AGOVV		Eerste Divisie	10th(PL)3rd Rd	N/A	Won Second Phase-
							Promoted	-
2014/15	AGOVV		Eredivisie	17th(PL)2nd Rd	N/A	Won Playoffs	-
							Not Relegated	-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunloy 2017/18 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of League, Irish Cup - Premier Division Champions!

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in Champions League Group Stage, Winners of League Cup, Irish Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield - Premier Division Champions!

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winner of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

38 Pld, 28 Won, 10 Drn, 0 Lst, 92 For, 33 Ag, +59 GD, 94 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: After only losing 2 games last season, my goal was to go undefeated this season, and whilst it was quite an ambitious goal, I managed to pull it off, with 28 wins and 10 draws, setting a league record 94 points - too easy!

2018 League Table and Graph

Cup wise, I managed to take home the Irish Cup, League Cup and Co-An. shield, but was knocked out of the All-Ireland Cup in the Semi Final - meaning I'll have to wait another season for a clean sweep!

Europe: Whilst going undefeated in the league was nice, it was once again all about how I performed in Europe, and once again I started in the 2nd Qual Rnd:

2nd Qual Rnd v Hibernians (Malta): 7-1 (H), 2-0 (A)

3rd Qual Rnd v KV Kortrjik (Belgium): 2-1 (H), 3-1 (A)

Playoff v Qarabag Agdan (Azerbaijan): 3-0 (A), 3-0 (H)

I am getting used to these qualifying rounds now, and this year was a great confidence builder, scoring 20 goals and only conceeding 3! And the group stage, whilst not easy, could have been worse, with Dunloy drawn against Real Madrid, Stuttgart and Zenit - could this be the first time I make it to the knockout stage?

Unfortunatly, my first to games were heavy losses to Real Madrid and Stuttgart, however I then managed a lucky 1-1 away drawn against Zenit, followed by a fantastic 6-0 home win! I then came back to reality with a 2-0 away loss against Real Madrid, and ended with a 1-1 draw against Stuttgart - whilst not enough for a top 2 place, it was enough for 3rd place and a shot at the Europa League - I'll take that!

2018 Champions League Group Stage

The Europa League knockout round saw Dunloy up against HSV, and the home leg started horribly, 0-3 down after 16 minutes, however Dunloy then pulled off a massive comeback, and managed to come away with a 5-3 win - amazing! Unfortunatly Dunloy was completely dominated in the away leg, and were lucky to walk away with a 0-3 loss inthe 2nd leg, and a 5-6 aggregate loss - so close yet so far! Still, I can feel the side getting better and I feel reaching the quarter finals of the Europa League (or knockout round of the CL) isn't too far away (winning the CL however, is still a long way away!)

Team Summary / Star Players

Whilst my team dominated the league last season, I still needed to strengthen the team for my European adventures, and I managed to bring in 17 new players at a total spend of $4.5M. This resulted in Dunloy taking out the 3 Northern Ireland players of the year, and 2 of the 3 young players of the year - all of which were new signing! Of all the star players, the pick of the players were:

Mike Kelly - Whilst he didn't manage to get into the top 3 N.I. players, he did pick up the Fan's Player of the year, and in his 3rd season at Dunloy, the ex-Man City defender is really starting to shine, and managed 51 games at 7.36, including 12 goals! At 25 years of age he is one of the more experienced players, but still many years of quality football to come!

Jamie Newell - Of all the new signings, he was probably the standout, and like several of the signings this season, he was poached from rival Linfield for $425k (originally from Aston Villa), and the right winger had a great season. Whilst he only managed 10 goals in 45 games, he also had an amazing 21 assists and average rating of 7.26, and was named the Premier Division player of the season

2018 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances: Once again, making the group stages of the CL ensured I made a nice profit, despite spending $4M on transfers and $10M on facilities upgrades (although they are still listed as average), and the closing bank balance is now just over $24M - still trying (without luck) to increase my 625 seater stadium!

2018 Finances

Aim for next season: Go undefeated in the league again, get a clean sweep of the cups, keep improving club facilities and improve my performance in Europe!

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 261

Biggest Win: 7-1 v Hibernians (H) Champions Cup Champions Qual.2 18/7/2017

Most Games Won in Row: 12 - 29/4/2017 to 30/8/2017

Most Goals in Match: Andy Bradley - 5 (7-1 Hibernians (H) Champions Cup Champions Qual.2 18/7/2017)

Highest Average Rating: Andy Bradley - 7.41 (43 apps)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: $1,800,000 (Paul Martin from Wolves - 11/1/2018)

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $250,000 (Ashley Jenkins to Derby 14/7/2017)

Total Transfer Spending: $4,400,000

Total Transfer Income: $875,000

Total Steam Achievements: 41/86

New Steam Achievements: Record Sale, Comeback King!, Domination, Legend

Noikeee, i know the feeling with not making progress i'm the same. Looking at the table and your players i reckon you need to improve the goalie and defence, they don't seem to be up to the same standard as your midfield and attack.

Marky Mark! Looks like you are beginning to make progress in europe, you are probably only a few players away from qualifying from the CL group stages.

2015/16 Season Review

Eredivisie

Playoffs

I'm quite happy that we've stayed up for another season in the Eredivisie. Hopefully we can build on this and start to climb up the table.

Dutch Cup

The only highlight in the Cup was that PSV's reserves won it.

Promoted	-
							Not Relegated	-
2015/16	AGOVV		Eredivisie	17th(PL)2nd Rd	N/A	Won Playoffs	-
							Not Relegated	-

2016/17 Season Review

Eredivisie

A great season for the club as we finished in 11th.

Dutch Cup

A great cup run while we reached the Semi Final.

New Stadium

The board have also decided to replace our outdated 3159 seater stadium to move into a state-of-the-art 20750 seater stadium. Brilliant.

Promoted	-
							Not Relegated	-
							Not Relegated	-
2016/17	AGOVV		Eredivisie	11th	Semis	N/A	New Stadium	-

Noikeee, i know the feeling with not making progress i'm the same. Looking at the table and your players i reckon you need to improve the goalie and defence, they don't seem to be up to the same standard as your midfield and attack.

Strangely I approached it the other way around, I improved the attack and so far it's working better as I'm leading the league! My tactic is very attacking, it's normal to concede lots of goals - couldn't find any decent defenders to sign anyway.

William Hall: Even with commentary only, it seems like you're playing 2 seasons per day! Have you thought about taking a break and going outside? Nice progress though.

el sid somebody is playing as them. I can't remember who sorry. Go back through the thread and pm them if you find them.

William Hall I go away for 3 days and you have completed 6 seasons. That is quick.

On my side I have a season review to write but I just feel like it is home work today so not sure when it will be up.

Also I have have a goal nominated in the CSE Goal of the Month competition. Check out the goals and please pm DoodgeD your choice.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243124-CSE-November-Goal-of-the-Month-**VOTING-THREAD**

XaW - Donawitzer Sportverein Leoben - Austrian Erste Liga - Season 2011/12 End of season report

23mmo2g.jpg

League Table | League Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Our first season in Austria went quite well. A 5th place made sure we were far away from both relegation- and promotionbattle. We had some streaks of both wins and losses, but in the end we had a good season. I'm quite surprised of the quality of some of the players willing to go to Leoben, but I'm not complaining when names like Steve Marlet, formerly of Fulham among others, joined me. Granted, he is 38 and playes like carp, but still it's a nice name. Unfortunatly, I didn't know what the rules were in this division when it come to non-austrians. I'm only allowed three in each match squad and I need 3 austrian youngsters under 21 aswell. That ment I couldnt play our best players at the same time, and had to have some carp youngsters on the bench at all times. This has promted me to search after talented austrians, but there's not many gread ones willing to come to Leoben. Our main problem, however, is financially. We lost more than £850k this season and are steady in the red without any looks of getting in some cash. The chairman is now looking to get out and I've gotten news of a possible takeover by a local businessman. Mattersburg in my division were taken over by a Saudi tychoon and are looking at serious cash injections and facility upgrades, why can't stuff like that ever happen to me?

We went out in the Austrian Cup in the second round to a lower division team, 'nuff said.

This seasons first 11:

GK: Yordan Gospodinov - Our bulgarian veteran goalkeeper has been stable all season and should hold another season or two.

DR: Stefan Kulovits - Has been solid all season and done his job well.

DL: Christoph Cemernjak - Has done ok, but nothing more. A position I'm looking to strenghten.

DC: Pablo Chinchilla - The Costa Rican(?) has been the rock of the defence this season. He has also gotten austrian citizenship during the season so he doesn't count as a foreigner any more.

DC: Ione - Started of outside the squad, but when Chinchilla got citizenship he took up the place alongside him.

DM: Phillipp Netzer - Played good, and top austrian teams are looking at him all the time. Hope I can keep hold of him.

DM: Bernhard Schachner - Not played great, and need to step up to keep his place. Another part I wish to strenghten.

AMC: Alberto Quintero - Great season by our panamanian(?) international. He scored quite a bit and provided about the same amount.

AMR: Emin Sulimani - Played much better than he got credit for in my oppinion, so he keeps his place for next season.

AML: Alexander Sala - Started as a sub, but fought his way into the team. Still, it seems he plays better as a sub than a starter.

SC: Joachim Parapatits - The real star this season with all his goals. Also became topscorer in the league. He is aging a bit, but should keep his skills next season at least.

Season		League		Position	Europe		Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Erste Liga         5th            N/A            Mid table

TRALEE DYNAMOS - IRELAND - SEASON 2012

After struggling to find any quality in the transfer market pre-season it seemed like we were doomed to finish in a similar position to last season. However, with more consistency throughout our league games we managed a brilliant 2nd place before gaining promotion via the playoffs.

Once again McMahon was the biggest hero, after bringing in another dtriker in Gavin Falconer I expected McMahon to occupy the bench more often than not but a long term injury to Falconer and some irresistable performances by McMahon forced Falconer to take a back seat. Whenever we were in desperate need of a goal McMahon was always popping up, a truly brilliant poacher at this level regardless of what my coaches say.

Our pleas for a new goalkeeper were answered mid-season when a young english player, by the name of Bradshaw, recently released by Tottenham joined the club. Not too many outstanding performances from Bradshaw to date but certainly a reliable goalkeeper with potential to fill. Lets see how he handles the Premier Division next season.

[b]Season         League                    League Position     Irish League Cup        Irish Senior Challenge Cup      Achievements[/b]
2011           Irish First Divison       6th                 1st Round               2nd Round                       N/A
2012           Irish First Division      2nd                 Semi-Final              3rd Round                       Promotion

2017/18 Season Review

Eredivisie

A fantastic season in the Eredivisie and we end up finishing 9th.

Dutch Cup

A decent cup run for us, reaching the Quarter Finals.

A great season for us and with a much bigger stadium we have a much bigger chance of success.

Promoted	-
							Not Relegated	-
							Not Relegated	-
2017/18	AGOVV		Eredivivie	9th	1/4	N/A	N/A		-

Alurny - June 2011

sfc%20opava.jpg

Czech Second Division

Hello,

Thought I'd join in on the fun, and the Czech Republic is somewhere I have never been (Austria, Sweden, Denmark and bulgaria in previous years)

So, with an astronomical 20k/week wage budget, and 80k for transfers, I set off seeking a mid table finish.

My squad are all amateurs, so will be released.

Lets go!

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2934/98342203.jpg

stadion.jpg

Having a crack in Slovenia, first season is going quite well but I don't think I'll post anything until I've really established myself (and an interest in this save). I'm playing with Nogometni Klub Krka Novo Mesto (Krka for short). Slovenian names crack me up, half of them look like the result of a hyperactive 6 year old bashing on a keyboard.

2018/19 Season Review

Eredivisie

Thats a very good season, slightly lower but a decent season.

Dutch Cup

Just brilliant, we've qualified for the Europa League thanks to a second-place finish.

Next season we'll have Europa League football and already our sponsorship has skyrocketed. Maybe now we'll be able to compete with the very best in the Eredivisie.

Promoted	-
							Not Relegated	-
							Not Relegated	-
2018/19	AGOVV		Eredivisie	10th	Final	N/A	Qualified Europa-
							League via Cup	-

NK Olimpija Osijek - 2.HNL (Croatian First Division) - 2015/2016 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

I didn't come in too confident into the year. We did not move much in the transfer market, bringing in mainly promising youngsters. The only new players expected to feature in the first team were striker Josip Fucek and defender Ivica Zunic - as it's getting increasily harder for me to find free transfers that can improve our team. I say free transfers as we still have 0 to spend on players, obviously.

First half of the championship

I decided to use a slight tactical variation this year, using another advanced forward next to Sablic (instead of a target man) and this would pay off. Not in the opening game, which we drew 3-3 with HASK, but we soon got into a run of wins and into first place, grabbing a record 7-0 win over newly-relegated Lipik in the process. We did get more inconsistent later on with the occasional draw and defeat, but held on to a constant fight for the 3 top places with Dugopolje and Junak and would go into the break in 3rd just barely behind them.

Second half of the championship

4 consecutive wins kicked off the campaign past the winter, yet this was not enough to recover 1st place, showing how incredibly high the standard was this year. At a point the top 3 teams all slipped together and I briefly occupied 1st again. However a defeat to our promotion-battle rivals Junak put us back, then a few games later we lost to Dugopolje too - ruining any possible direct confrontation if we'd end on equal points. With 2 games to go Dugopolje and Junak were leading, we were 1 point behind. With 1st place giving straight promotion, 2nd giving a play-off spot and 3rd giving nothing, this was set for an epic finish. We all won the penultimate match and the scenario stayed the same for the finale. Dugopolje had their final game earlier and they won, so if we were going to get a playoff spot Junak had to slip. And while we did our part winning over Jadran, Junak were losing 1-0. Until they scored in the 81st, scored in the 83rd and we had missed promotion yet again. By 1 single f**king point.

Cup run

We had an amusing 7-0 away win over Marsonia to start with, breaking the club's biggest ever win record (it would be matched two weeks later in the championship against Lipik). In the next round top division side Cibalia were coming over to our stadium and they scored every chance they had, beating us 3-0.

Info

League: 3rd (League Table) (Progress)

Cup:

Preliminary round - 7-0 (A) vs Marsonia

1st round - 0-3 (H) vs Cibalia

(Transfers)

(Squad and stats)

Best eleven

GK - Marko Sarlija - Still untouchable. The assman thinks that the backup youngster Gerson Coimbra is better, but I don't trust his attributes.

DR - Marko Dabic - I had little confidence in him in the previous seasons, but he replaced the departing Cosic seamlessly.

DC - Ivan Buljubasic - Solid all year long.

DC - Vladica Vasic - The relevation of the year as I gave him a chance in the beginning of the championship, and he relegated Mislov to the bench. A monster in the air.

DL - Mirko Kramaric - Still the weakest link in defence, but did better than last year.

MC - Tomislav Jonjic - Little to choose between Jonjic and Tabi here as both were as consistent as each other. And both are getting really old.

MC - Stjepan Poljak - Stepped up a gear from last year as he started scoring a lot of long shots.

AMR - Mrisho Ngassa - Was finally justifying the hype, when he started feeling the pressure of having half of Europe interested in him and took a dip in form.

AML - Igor Acimovic - His best season yet with a record 15 assists.

ST - Andrija Jukic - Had already done a cameo 3 appearances at the end of last year, but I made him a first-team starter and he totally delivered with 14 goals and 8 assists. Having him instead of a target man was a major reason of why we were better this season.

ST - Zeljko Sablic - Still our biggest star, grabbed 20 goals and was unplayable for a while but I think his advanced age started affecting him later on the year.

Are we stuck here forever?

Feels like it, as this challenge is proving to be even harder than I expected. We have a wonderful squad for this level, we improved our tactics, we were in the playoff 10 minutes from the end of the season, and it still wasn't good enough. Moreover we're now 200K in the red. I seriously don't know what am I supposed to change, so I'll stick to these players and keep on developing the impressive bunch of youngsters I've signed meanwhile - it's already paying off as the centre-back Vasic had a great season as a first teamer.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe             Notes[/b]
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
2015/16    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                Missed promotion by 1 point

2019/20 Season Review

Eredivisie

An absolutely brilliant season where we finished in 4th place.

Dutch Cup

Considering last season's performance I expected better.

Europa League

I am quite happy with our first season in the Europa League where we reached the 2nd Knockout Round.

I am overjoyed with our season to be honest. Great results in both Eredivisie and Europa League football.

Promoted	-
							Not Relegated	-
							Not Relegated	-
2018/19	AGOVV		Eredivisie	10th	Final	N/A	Qualified Europa-
							League via Cup	-
2019/20	AGOVV		Eredivisie	4th	3rd Rd	2ndKO	Qualified Europa-
							League

Welsh Premiership - 2020/21

Transfers: Signed some free players and a left wing from a team in the league. Also, centerback Jaime Vasquez joined us from Olimpia.

- We basically cruised through the league to win our fifth consecutive Welsh Premier! We were the most scoring, less goals allowed team, and broke our own record of most points in one season to get 82 digits out of a possible 96. Not too shabby.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- Went past Aberyswyth, TNS, Neath Athletic and Cwmbran in the final to win the trophy, for the third time since I got here, and for the second consecutive time.

Welsh Cup

- After winning it last year, we also had a great cup run this season. Beat a couple of lower league teams in the first rounds, to then trash Goytre 3-0 in the quarterfinals. Barry Town put up a fight but lost on overtime 2-1 against us, and in the final, we fell to Lanelli, our rivals, 2-1, even though we doubled them on shots and shots on goal, and we had 65% of the ball. The first loss in three months would be in the cup final. Oh well.

Champions League

- We had BATE Borisov for the second time in three years in the first CL round. We won at home 1-0, and went on to lose 3-1 away, even though we had the same number of opportunities, and more of the ball...and missed a penalty. Meh.

In other news

Stats

- Angeli is now the highest league scorer for the club, with 90 in 143 games...at age 24. At his pace, the Cyprus U-21 international born in Manchester will set a record that will be very hard to beat. Team stats.

- My Premier win put me over Llanelli's Andy Legg...but losing the Cup final to them put him back on top. This is now personal. I do have six leagues (he has three) and more total cups between Loosemore and Welsh (4 to 3) than him, and 30 month and year manager awards (for 23 of Legg's). So I am technically better, and next year I will be in terms of numbers, too!

- Nathan Collins was top scorer at age 19, with 22 goals overall, 17 on league. This guy has 32 league goals in 60 games so far in two years. I smile every time I think Llanelli had him on trial and decided to let him go :)

- A slight difference probably caused by rep change was the cool 88k we got for finishing Wales Cup finalists. The Champions got 144k. Waaay more than when we started.

- Senegal international RW Niang got young player of the year, for the fourth year running it went to Afan Lido. We didn't get best player of the yar for the first time in three seasons, though. I got manager of the year, and six players were in the year's best team.

- Season passes - 33, same than last year. Dear God.

- Attendance - 157 in average, 3 less than last year.

- Club's value - £2m - Same than last year

- Sponsorship...we signed a new deal for 6 years, earning £50k. Very different from the £6k we were getting.

- Match/Season ticket - £10.10/£82.80 - £+3/12 more than last year...nice!

- The league is...39 up to 138th; we are officially a 1 and 1/2 star league!!!

- The club is now 270th, 43 up. Looking good.

- Aims for next season:

1. To win our sixth league in a row and pass Mr. Legg as best manager in the history of the Welsh league already!

2. Get through one CL round, something we have not done in three years.

3. The board still will not improve our youth facilities even though we have around £2,5m in the bank; so we'll try to insist on that once more.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2017/18 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 65p - QF Welsh Cup - 1st round Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2018/19 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 68p - QF Welsh Cup - Final Loosemores Cup

2019/20 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 78p - Welsh Cup Winner! - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2020/21 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 82p - Welsh Cup finalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

Best of the best: 2020/21

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 240 games *

Chris Bridges - GK - 210 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 188 games *

Gary Hutchings - RB/LB - 179 games *

Jimmy Lewis - LM - 163 games

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 117 goals in 188 app *

Lee Barnard - ST - 72 goals in 162 app

Mark Richardson - ST - 48 goals in 141 app

Ashley Jones - CM - 42 goals in 240 app *

Nathan Collins - ST - 40 goals in 82 app *

Tobyl Kostanal, from Kazajstan, is the CL rival. All greys. We'll see.

Edit: We crashed them with an aggregate score of 3-9. Awesome. Now, Bulgarian Litex awaits.

The good thing is, if we lose we go onto the next Euro Cup round. so we have at least four more European games to enjoy!

Litex just trashed Legia Varsovia, they lost 2-1 away but won the second leg 6-2...we have to be really careful not to get humiliated here (neither of these teams are gray).

Edit 2: Wow, what a game. Just beat Litex 4-2 at home...with two goals by Christos Angeli, and two own goals by the same Bulgarian defender.

Then, in the 85th minute, my gk gets injured and Angelis ends up on goal...to keep the goal clear for the end of the game. Awesome, whatever happens in the second leg this was a great result. On the other hand, my starting GK will miss a month and I'll have to go to Lovech with the South African replacement for Bridges.

Edit 3: Holy crap! After seeing the last 6-2 home result for Litex, we were scared of getting there with just a two goal lead, but we held it! We tied 2-2 at Bulgaria and we go onto the next stage! Best CL result so far, we'll see where we get!

So the next and last rival before the group stage (which would be an amazing dream) is FC Copenhague. They have not even lost a game in all the CL rounds until now, so it is going to be very hard. And we play the first game home. And we have a league game three days before the first league, and before the second leg as well. Yikes.

Lost miserably, aggregate of 7-1. Oh well.

On the other hand, the £2,3m from the CL run makes a total of £4.4m at the bank, so the board finally accepted to better the youth facilities so that the players coming up the ladder will actually now how to use a football. Great.

Edit2: HOLY CRAP, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? we are in the freaking group stages of the Euro Cup!!!! Oh my God. Wow. It did not say anything on the rules of the round!!!

Wo-hoooo!!!!

Our Euro group stage:

Olympiakos

Vitesse

Villarreal

Afan Lido

I am SO HAPPY right now. I got my hometown team (Villarreal) in the group! Wow. WOW!!! This can only be awesome for the league and the coefficients, the reputations...great!!!

Edit 455,656,555: We just won our first Euro Cup game!!!! Afan Lido's historic group stage debut was a thrilling 3-2 win over Vitesse at home, with two goals by Christos Angeli. He will miss the game at Vila-real due to yellow cards accumulation, but we still want him to travel with us.

PS: I have a question for the Afan Lido managers; every game in Europe, it says the attendance was 550; at first I thought it was a bug in the game, and in every European game the attendance just "happened" to be 550 (since the total capacity is 5,500)...but I just saw that in the stadium's capacity, it says 5,500(550 seats). Could this be related to that 550 that keeps showing up? Is the data not showing total attendance simply because they did not have a seat??

Dunloy 2018/19 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of League, Irish Cup

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in Champions League Group Stage, Winners of League Cup, Irish Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of Champions Leauge, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 32 Won, 6 Drn, 0 Lst, 102 For, 23 Ag, +79 GD, 102 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: I didn't have much room to improve from last season, where I went undefeated with 28 wins and 10 draws, but I did manage to improve, with 32 wins and 6 draws this season, resulting in an extra 8 points and an extra +20 GD.

In terms of the domestic cups I finally managed the clean sweep of the All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup and Co-An Shield. In adition, the reserve side took out the Intermediate Cup, and just missed out in the Steel & Sons Cup Final.

2019 League Table and Graph

Europe: As per previous seasons, the qualification rounds came and went without too much trouble, although it wasn't quite as easy as last season:

2nd Qual Rnd v Rabotnicki (Macedonia): 1-2 (A), 4-1 (H)

3rd Qual Rnd v Daugava D. (Latvia): 2-2 (H), 4-0 (A)

Playoff v Rudar (Montenegro): 8-1 (H), 1-1 (A)

As per last season, I managed to score an impressive 20 goals in 6 qualifying games, although did also conceed 7.

The group stage saw Dunloy seeded 3rd for the first time, however we were drawn in a very tough group against Barcelona, Chelsea and FK Austria Wien. To have any chance of progressing from this group (for the first time ever) I would need good results against Austria Wien, and then hope for the best against the others.

Things started very badly, with a 0-1 away loss to Austria Wien, but then I went on a great run that involved a shock home win against Barcelona, 1-1 away draw to Chelsea, 1-0 home win to Chelsea, and a 2-0 home win against Autria Wien - which saw me qualify to the next round of the CL with one game to spare (which was a 0-3 away loss to Barcelona). Whilst I was somewhat lucky to get wins against Chelsea and Barcelona, it shows that the team is finally progressing, and there may be some light at the end of the very long tunnel.

2019 Champions League Group Stage

The 1st knockout round saw me drawn against Inter, and whilst I managed a respectable 1-2 home loss, I was completely outplayed away and luck to walk away with a 1-3 loss, or a 2-5 aggregate loss

Champions League 1st Knockout Round v Inter

After my impressive Europe campainge, as well as the previous seasons, Northern Ireland has moved up to 16 in the European Coefficients (started at around 50 initially), only one place away from getting a second Champions League spot - can I do it next season?

Team Summary / Star Players

Still trying to strengthen my team, I brought in 14 more signings, all free signings, and whilst most of them were didn't make too much of an impression on the first team, one in particular was a standout player, and managed to set all sorts of records in his debut season in Dunloy after being let go by Tottenham

Moses Jagne: The 23 year old English / Gambian striker was by far the signing of the season, with double figures for all his physical, most of his mental, and half of his technical attributes - whilst it might not sounds like much in the EPL, it's unheard of in Northern Ireland! Whilst he was often rested during the season, he still managed an amazing 37 goals, 15 assists, 11 MoM and average rating of 7.48 over 53 games, breaking varous records for both Dunloy and the N.I. Premier Division - what a dream debut season!

Despite the above, Jagne was surprisingly not voted the Premier Division player of the season - that honour, for the 3rd season in a row, went to 25 year old English winger Jamie Newell

Jamie Newell: Whilst his stats might not be as impressive as those of Jagne, his results are just as impressive, managing 10 goals and an impressive 24 assists at 7.48 - at 25 is one of the more experienced players, and has drawn interest from Preston, Hearts and Hibernain, although thankfully he still enjoys playing for the club

2019 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances / Facilities

Once again Europe resulted in a nice $10.6M profit, bringing the total balance to $34.6M! Also, in addition to more improvements to the youth and training facilities, the board finally approved increasing the capacity of the 625 seater stadium - although unfortunatly this was cancelled due by the local council :(

2019 Finances

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Average

Youth Recruitment: Limited

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 283

Biggest Win: 8-1 v Rudar (H) Champions Cup Champions Playoff 21/8/2018

Highest Scoring Game: 8-1 v Rudar (H) Champions Cup Champions Playoff 21/8/2018

Highest Scoring League Game: 6-2 v Institute (A) Premier Division 26/12/2018

Most Games Won in Row: 16 - 15/12/2018 to 16/2/2019

Top Goalscorer: Moses Jagne - 37

Top League Goalscorer: Moses Jagne - 26

Highest Average Rating: Moses Jagne - 7.48 (53 apps)

Most Man of Match: Moses Jange - 11

Fastest Goal: Jake Carrington - 16 seconds (v Rudar (H) Champions Cup Champions Playoff 21/8/2018)

Budafok

Hungarian Division 2 East 2013/14

Table

Positions

This was a really disappointing season as the team were incredibly inconsistant with a run of good results followed by a worse run of bad results. Finished in the same position as the last 2 years but with less points. Went out in the first round of the cup to a lower league team again.

Squad

Transfers

Kept the same team at the start of the season so no gelling was needed but brought in a lot of players midseason when this didn't work.

No standout player although this player improved as the year went on, training him from scratch to be a right midfielder.

Ghazouani became the first player to pass ten goals in a season.

Hungarian Division 2 East 2014/15

Table

Positions

The signings made last season paid off as an indifferent start was followed by a run of wins to take the team up to 2nd and only off 1st on GD by the time the midwinter break came. This came in spite of a rash of injuries, all 2-3 month ones to my strikers and midfielders and 6 months to my left midfielder.

The results after the break were very mixed as the team struggled but luckily all the other teams did as well. I went into the last game ahead knowing i only had to win, in the end i drew but the 2 teams behind both lost. Made it to the 2nd Rd in the cup where i was thrashed at home 4-1 by Division 1 Fenencvaros.

Promotion was gained with the only downside that i'm now 500K in the red :eek: having kept within my wage budget and spent only 3K on transfers.

Squad

Transfers

A new midfield pairing made a huge difference with sunzu not playing much due to being injured, wanting to leave and generally upsetting a lot of my squad (no other team wanted to buy him though even for 1K).

Kila was a rock at the back and all my strikers chipped in, Voros avoiding injury to be top scorer.

Season            League               Position             Cup                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                    None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                    None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                    None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                    Promoted

Twellman24 - european games only allow seated attendance, hence your attendance is only as many seats as you have. Your attendance will be 550 until you put more seats in, its not a bug or the rest not showing up.

Well, thanks for that. I have never had a domestic attendance of 550 or more, so I couldn't tell. I guess we better make some (lots) more money so we can expand or build a new stadium.

Second Euro cup game....lost 7-0 to Villarreal at Vila-real. Ouch.

Well, thanks for that. I have never had a domestic attendance of 550 or more, so I couldn't tell. I guess we better make some (lots) more money so we can expand or build a new stadium.

Second Euro cup game....lost 7-0 to Villarreal at Vila-real. Ouch.

My stadium has no seating at all, so should i get into europe i'm guessing home games will be empty :rolleyes:

My stadium has no seating at all, so should i get into europe i'm guessing home games will be empty :rolleyes:

LOL that'd be hilarious! So much for home field advantage!

I'm definitely feeling the struggle to keep up with four competitions; League, Loosemores Cup, Welsh Cup and Euro Cup. We're fifth with 11 points out of 21, 8 away from the lead. I hope we catch up before we're too far away.

Right then that's 3 seasons completed and I havent had time to write a report. I will post the updates tomorrow and let you all know how the mighty Skjetten are fairing!

Congrats to all who've done well in the challenge and welcome to the new guys.

Gundo- Sorry for not being so active this time around, been a bit busy! Never fear I shall return glory to Skjetten and make it 4 completions in 4!!!!

We beat Vitesse 1-2 away (still don't know how that happened)...but of course, Villarreal lost, at home, 0-1 to Olympiakos, and we're still third with seven points. The good news is that in our European group stages debut, we won't finish last. Bad news is, we have to beat Villarreal at our stadium and hope that Olympiakos does not do the same against Vitesse home. Right.

Wow. Just wow.

Picture1-22.png

Amazing result. We beat Villarreal at home 2-0, incredibly; even more after that 7-0 at Vila-real. Even that way, Olympiakos beat Vitesse 4-0 and goes through. It makes me rage when I think about that 4-3 goal against the Greek when two injured left us with nine for ten minutes.

Anyway, it could have been amazing, but going away on direct results is already crazy. Having beaten Vitesse twice and Villarreal once was major for this club, and now I hope that translates into a better league and club rating.

Now, to see what we can do in the league; 6th nine points away with 7 games until the playoffs. We'll see.

Archived