The Never Quite Made Its

CMeds

Are only players allowed who don't play in a first division now? Daniel Braaten and Oleksandr Yakovenko were great players in earlier versions, now they play at pretty good teams but they're no world beaters. ;)

Fábio Paím had a super PA once, he's now in the Portuguese third division.

No rules per se, just those that fell dramatically short of their cm/fm counterpart.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mokoena is a cracker, I'll pop him in. What's he doing nowadays?

he is playing for Mamelodi Sundowns, only 24 :D

also Kevin Larsen was a class left wing back, was very hyped, as was humberto mendoza a CB few year ago, who's that 15/16 year old kid who plays for Cruz Azul? he was also very hyped

he is playing for Mamelodi Sundowns, only 24 :D

also Kevin Larsen was a class left wing back, was very hyped, as was humberto mendoza a CB few year ago, who's that 15/16 year old kid who plays for Cruz Azul? he was also very hyped

Martin Galvan, he still had a good PA last year and will be about 17 years old now I think

Any one remember Arturo Lupoli for Fiorentina a few years back? Was a wonderkid back in those days!

Also, Aaron anyone? Valencia flop!

Ahh yes, Aaron, him and sunny i used to always buy, legends wherever they went, and Lupoli and only Quincy Owusu Abeye etc, Aliadiere used to be good but now I believe he is a free

What happened to Lulinha?

God yeah, Lulinha, was amazing for my Fiorentina save a few years back, I think he's still at corinthians but is being loaned out to a team in the Portuguese lower leagues. Was a victim over brazilian over-hype i think

Dont know if i got the thread right, but I'll still contribute with a personal favourite of all times, Andy (or Andrei???) Sigporson, the Icelandic GOD. Wasnt in CM02 or 03 where he was an absolute goal machine. Think he got downgraded for the next couple of versions of the game though...

Ivica Mornar was a goal scoring machine for me back in the day.

Mike Flynn old head on young legs at CB.

some Italian CB called Falsini, I think thats how its spelt.

Italian CB Sandro Cois was pretty good.

There are so many already mentioned I remmeber like yesterday.

Not as old a name but Fabio Piam is possibly the best player I ever had in CM/FM.

Anyone remmeber any of them?

I remember him, sure he was from Cyprus.

Cherno Samba, Mark Kerr. Ross O Donahue, Mark Fotheringham and a striker from Northampton Justin Georcelin (spelling not right but close enough). Oh and I nearly forgot a couple from Sweden. Cristoffer Andersson(was chuffed when I found him in a later edition, can't remember which one) and Selokovic (can't remember first name)

Daniel Fredheim Holm.
Legend always used to sign him, was amazing
Nii Lampaty on CM92/93.
Best 2.1M I ever spent on a player always delivered 30+ goals a season for any team

Nicky Butt in that game would be come legend 20's all round.

Daniel Braathen
This boy had 20 pace, 20 acceleration in a Cardiff save, became world player of the year 5 years in a row.
Kennedy Bakircioglu
Best right winger ever!!! 25 assists 20 goals a season. I'm sure you could get him for half a mil.

Mika Aaritalio best RLM and striker you could buy, also a Czech guy Kalouda?

Ahh Lubos Kalouda! What a god like right winger he was for any team you could get him for, £500k for him, and countless goals and assists!

From CM97/98 3 players ..

Kevin James (DC)

Robert Boyce (Striker)

Jamie Cureton (Striker)

The big boys would always come after these guys on my Bristol Rovers saves,they would all end up going for over 10 million...this is when 10 million was considered a lot of money in football ;)

Who was the other player from same team as Petre? Was it Adrian Mihalescu or something?

Adrian Mihalcea! Was a guaranteed signing for me on CM99/00. Were some real gems in Eastern Europe on that one, some who made it (Adrian Mutu, Dimitar Berbatov, Martin Petrov) and alas, those that didn't quite (Josip Skoko, Milen Petkov, Alexandr Panov). For me, best game in the entire CM series.

Few more:

Ronald Gomez, Zizi Roberts, Cesareo Victorino, Marc Bircham, Abdul-ghani Sulimani, Johann Thorhalsson, Mads Jorgensen, Petter Vaagen Moen, Ivan Leko, Horacio Peralta, Wartan Ghazarian.

Then there's my all-time favourite; Marcin Harasimowicz. Oh dear God. Obviously a product of shoddy research (he played in the Polish 3rd division for Gwardia Warsaw) but a total machine and complete forward who scored over 500 goals in 7 seasons for my all-conquering Cheltenham Town team. Oh those halcyon days...

Archived