Your Team: Napoli

Buyer/Seller: Leverkusen

Player's Value: £4.2m

Offer: £9.25m

Transfer Budget: £20m

Wages: £47,500 p/w - This would make him my top earner

Patch: 11.3

Season: January Second Season

Alternatively, Moussa Sissoko may be available for £14m, and Yann M'Villa for upwards of £15m. Suggestions on what to do?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Maicon

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Inter

Player's Value: £16.25 Million

Offer: £16.25 Million

Transfer Budget: £30 Million

Season: First

I'd probably say go for it, he's a good player, probably be a good tutor for any young fullbacks ar Liverpool. As long as you're happy with the rest of the defence alreadythat is, if you need to buy in a central defender or 2, then you might want to look for a cheaper option.

Player Name: Maicon

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Inter

Player's Value: £16.25 Million

Offer: £16.25 Million

Transfer Budget: £30 Million

Buy him I signed him for Man City on 11.2 and he was brilliant.

Started an Arsenal save with future transfers edited for Fabregas (so he leaves the club on 15th August for a fee around what the papers are claiming) and for Nasri (off to Man City, going through on 23rd August for purposes of this save, fee around 18 million)

I'm in the process of scouting players to bring in once the money comes in for those two. I've settled at the moment on three targets, with the plan being to bring in 2 out of the three to be the engine room of our 4-2-3-1 formation. I haven't gone for targets like Moussa Sissoko as he has just signed for PSG, or M'Vila as I've used him on other saves. Also I've chosen players who are young enough to be with us for a few seasons, but old enough and highly rated enough to be capable of tutoring some of Arsenal's youth talent.

I haven't included any details of our offers for the players as haven't made one yet, but with the funds due in I'm sure we'll have enough to prise them away from their clubs if I decide to go for them. Haven't included our transfer budget for same reason, should be plenty available when time comes.

The three options I'm looking at are:

Player Name: Riccardo Montolivo

Selling Team: Fiorentina

Players Value: £9,000,000

OR

Player Name: Antonio Nocerino

Selling Team: Palermo

Players Value: £5,250,000

OR

Player Name: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Selling Team: Bayern Munich

Players Value: £10,000,000

All three in their mid twenties, hardworking and EU nationals as I didn't want to have to mess around with work permits. I wasn't looking at Schweinsteiger originally but at Lassana Diarra or Jeremy Toulalan, but noticed that Schweinsteiger was a bit upset with his manager Jupp Heynckes so figured he might be worth adding to the list.

Even though he's not happy with the manager I figure Schweinsteiger might be the the one out of those options that proves the most difficult to sign as I reckon he'd be pretty loathe to leave Bayern.

Has to be Montolivo for me.

When I was Bayern I found Schweinsteiger to be a good player but he never had the attributes to be a great player for me, Montolivo looks like a fantastic playmaker to me and would be well worth your money.

Plus anyway, I'm pretty sure Bastian refuses to leave Munich.

I wouldn't pay him those wages anyway :D

My problem with Bastian is he doesn't really excel in any area imo, whereas Montolivo is fantastic

I agree he has the stats to do something, but never really does unless you spend a lot of time looking at his position and making sure it uses his abilities right!

Cheers lads, ended up signing Montolivo and Nocerino. Did get Bayern to agreee a fee, but as he was on 150,000 a week there you can imagine what his wage demands were like :eek:

Shame as I really like Schweinsteigers energy and workrate, but just not to be. Montolivo cost us a hefty 28 million in the end (some of that in future clauses) but is proving to be a fantastic playmaker now he's found his feet, providing 10 assists in 17 games so far after a slow start. We got Nocerino for 17.25 million in the end and he's slotted in very nicely alongside Riccardo, scoring 3 goals all from long range and providing 6 assists, not too shabby for the more defensive minded of the two.

Fifth season, I'm looking for a goalscoring left-winger who can chip in with assists and replace Mathias Fernandez when he hangs up his boots. Currently top of the league and I'm torn between the following two players:

Player Name: Kevin De Bruyne

Your Team: Dortmund

Buyer/Seller: Werder Bremen

Player's Value: £2.7m

Offer: £7m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8m

Patch: 3

Season: 5th Season January window

OR

Player Name: John Fleck

Your Team: Dortmund

Buyer/Seller: Rangers

Player's Value: £3.6m

Offer: £6.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8m

Patch: 3

Season: 5th Season January window

It depends on how he has developed on your game. Im guessing he is transfer listed for that offer, but if he has developed his stats well then it will be a good signing.

Well, my main scout who has judging ability/potential at 19 for each says he's a good league one player with the ability to develop into a decent premier league player. Only planned on using him as a back up. Might also look at Thibault Courtois, could possibly get him for £1m?

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Xherdan Shaqiri

Buyer/Seller: Dortmund

Player's Value: £7.5m

Offer: Loan fee £3.2m plus future fee of £11.75m

Transfer Budget: £27m

Wages: £11.5k

Season: Start of third season

This has come completely out of the blue. I've just bought Adam Johnson as competition for Shaqiri, and also have a regen (Ricardo Teles) and Willian who could play in his position if needs be. He was solid in my title-winning side last season, but my long-term goal is to build a complete 'club-grown' squad. Take the money and invest in youth or keep him to push for further glory?

Player Name: Xherdan Shaqiri

Player's Value: £7.5m

Offer: Loan fee £3.2m plus future fee of £11.75m

Transfer Budget: £27m

Wages: £11.5k

Season: Start of third season

This has come completely out of the blue. I've just bought Adam Johnson as competition for Shaqiri, and also have a regen (Ricardo Teles) and Willian who could play in his position if needs be. He was solid in my title-winning side last season, but my long-term goal is to build a complete 'club-grown' squad. Take the money and invest in youth or keep him to push for further glory?

I would keep him hes gold for me in 2017 season! But its your choice

Player Name: eden hazard

Your Team: at. madrid

Buyer/Seller: man utd

Player's Value: £14.25m

Offer: 41m

Transfer Budget: £6m

Wages: £51k

Season: 2nd season

that's a pretty good offer to be honest, how much did you buy him for?

I would keep him hes gold for me in 2017 season! But its your choice

Thanks - decided to keep him for now.

Also, I didn't go for either Ignacio Camacho or Lars Bender in the January window in the end, but have managed to Get Camacho in the summer for £5m and £15k a week, a much better proposition than signing him in January would have been.

Player Name: Patrice Evra

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: £14m

Offer: 28m (6m upfront + 22m over 24 months)

Transfer Budget: £70m

Patch: 11.3 (Wally's Update)

Season: 1st season (Jan)

I hate people putting offers in for my players with monthly instalments, although thats what I do to everyone else :D

Evra is class, obviously, but he is the wrong side of 30 and will only decline really. Doubt you would get an offer like that again, and he can be replaced. Thats my theory on it anyway.

Player Name: eden hazard

Your Team: at. madrid

Buyer/Seller: man utd

Player's Value: £14.25m

Offer: 41m

Transfer Budget: £6m

Wages: £51k

Season: 2nd season

Personally I'd try to get a replacement lined up before you sell, someone cheaper preferably! :thup:

Player Name: Patrice Evra

Your Team: Man Utd

Player's Value: £14m

Offer: 28m (6m upfront + 22m over 24 months)

Transfer Budget: £70m

Patch: 11.3 (Wally's Update)

Season: 1st season (Jan)

As SRL88 said, you're unlikely to get an offer as good as that again even with monthly installments and I'm sure you could find a younger, cheaper replacement for him.

dosso.jpg

Player Name: Newgen

Your Team: Crewe Alex

Player's Value: £38.5 million

Offer: £80 million all in one payment

Transfer Budget: £60 million but a balance of only £28 million

Season: 2021

In my current save I had wanted to limit all players to be on contract of less than 100k a week but due to yearly wage increase this guys has gone above the self imposed limit. He is probably the best player I have but is £80 million too much to reject for any one player? I do not need the money but want to try and build the club up to have a good balance and get money to improve youth facilities and such. I think the main things stopping me are that I signed him when he was 18 and have developed him and he is listed as a club icon.

Player Name: Daniel Sturridge

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: N/A

Player's Value: £0

Offer: £0

Transfer Budget: £68 million

Wages: He wants 66,000 a week

Season: Close season 2013

Sturridge has been released by Chelsea after refusing to sign a new deal, I wasn't really looking for a striker but since I still have an injury prone Van Persie I was considering bringing Sturridge in as cover.

I'm in the market for a striker. Nicklas Bendtner & Carlos Vela are moving ever closer to the exit door, therefore, leaving me the injury-prone Robin Van Persie & a out-of-favour & ouy-of-goals Marouane Chamakh. There's only 2-3 weeks left in the Summer Transfer Window so time is now of the essence.

Player Name: Lucas Barrios

Player's Value: £5.5 million

Offer: No offer as of yet.

Transfer/Wage Budget: Maximum of £35 million / £116k per week

Patch: 11.3 (I am using MG's update)

Season: Summer - Beginning of 2011/2012 Season.

OR

Player Name: Luis Suárez

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £9.5 million

Patch: 11.3 (I am using MG's update)

OR

Player Name: Leandro Damiao

Buyer/Seller: Internacional, on loan at Goias.

Player's Value: £4 million

Patch: 11..3 (I am using MG's update)

With United & City all spending bigs bucks on the likes of Wesley Sneijder, Gareth Bale, Ryan Shawcross & my very own Samir Nasri, I feel I have to go out & bring in some of my own 'bigger' brand of players. Would love to see Luis Suárez arrive at the Emirates, especially seeing that Liverpool had a dreadful season last time around. As for Barrios, I've already signed 3 Dortmund players this summer, Marcel Schmelzer, a promising Regen & Mario Götze, I could easily raid Dortmund again; Barrios would really seal the deal. Leandro Damiao is a younger, cheaper & potentially better option. He's scored 25 goals for Goias in this campaign so he's definitley a goalscorer.

Advice would be greeted with open arms :)

Barrios or Suarez for me with Suarez as first choice, but I am a Liverpool fan :) ha.

I would go with either of them two, and go with who ever you get the better deal/wages with. If you can, get both and sell Chamakh.

Definite buy DandyDon, can't go wrong with a free transfer like that - as if it doesn't work out you can sell him net year :thup:

Cheers for the answers lads, I decided to offer him a contract with the aim of cashing in on him a year ro 2 down the line like Bracken suggested. However, despite offering him 'Key Player' status and a decent wage he chose to sign for Werder Bremen over us :( Win some, lose some.

@ Llew I would say Luis Suarez was the best choice, but Liverpool would be looking for a big bid if he hasn't fallen out with management, Barrios might be more affordable. If you can offload Chamakh as well you could try and bring in someone like Eren Derdiyok or Necid to provide a different type of threat upfront.

I've failed in all attempts to sign Luis Suárez & Lucas Barrios :( Liverpool wanted £54 million for Suárez & Dortmund wanted £38 million for Lucas Barrios so, the race for a striker is still on. Here are my new tagets;

Player Name: Bojan

Buyer/Seller: AS Roma

Player's Value: £8.75 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Maximum of £30 million / £120k per week

Patch: 11.3 - Using MG's transfer update

Season: Summer 2011/2012 season

OR

Player Name: Daniel Osvaldo

Buyer/Seller: Espanyol

Player's Value: £3.8 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Maximum of £30 million / £120k per week

Season: Summer 2011/2012

OR

Player Name: Salomón Rondón

Buyer/Seller: Malaga

Player's Value: £3.3 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Maximum of £30 million / £120k

Season: Summer 2011/2012

Not the marquee strikers I know but, they could all do a good job for my team.

Bojan would be my pick from those.

Cheers for the reply. I couldn't get Bojan, due to astranomical wage demands, Dani Osvaldo might be a potential signing & Rondón's just moved to Fiorientina.

I'm now looking at Ezequiel Lavezzi, who I've had a £18 million bid accepted for, and Iker Muniain, who would fit in perfectly with my system. Muniain would probably be the cheaper & better option in the long-term :thup:

Okay lads, I did have a £15 million bid for Lavezzi accepted but, once we opened negotiations it was obvious that it was never going to happen, he wanted £140k a week :( I then went in for Muniain, after having 6 bids knocked back, Athletic Bilbao came back to us & wanted a £24 million fee with £8 million coming after league & international appearances, with time of the essence, I 'ended my interest' in the Spaniard & shifted my interest to Udinese's vetran, Antonio Di Natale. I had a £4.7 million bid accepted & I've wrappe up his £45k a week contract too.

Cheers for everyone who suggested some good strikers :)

2danielbroich.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Player Name: Daniel Broich

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Werder Bremen

Player's Value: £19m

Offer: £10m up front, £37m over 48 months, £4m after 30 league games and £3m after 1 international game

Transfer Budget: £48m

Season: 2020/21

Sorry about it being fm10, but I didn't want to revive it for this.. I managed to get them down from £77m, think I should pay out the £50m?

Archived