Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Nicky Weaver

Your Team: Sheffield Wednesday

Buyer/Seller: Sunderland

Player's Value: £425k

Offer: £525k

Patch: 11.3

Season: 2011/12

Planned on using Weaver as my back up to Joe Lewis for the season and alternating on form, but unsure whether to sell him and bring in a reasonable back up. Problem is that if I replace I'm likely to get his agent demanding an improved contract which I can't really afford to pay. Thoughts?

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Mamadou Sakho

Your Team: Barcelona

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: €2.8 million

Offer: Free, he is out of contract

Transfer/Wage Budget: He will be on €40,000 which isn't to bad but I am trying to cut down on my wages.

Season: In January season 2 but he'll arrive at the end of the season.

I'm back with basically the same problem but his time it's Miralem Pjanic. I'm in January season 3 and can get him for free, I don't need players in his position so I'd only really be doing it for resale value, not that I need the money. Advice?

If you do get him, which i did, you have a player thats worth 10 million. He is a very good player and works well in my team at chelsea. I wont be selling him but im sure you could make a pretty quick profit.

I'm back with basically the same problem but his time it's Miralem Pjanic. I'm in January season 3 and can get him for free, I don't need players in his position so I'd only really be doing it for resale value, not that I need the money. Advice?

I brought Pjanic into my squad on an Arsenal save and he's currently keeping Wesley Sneijder out of the AMC position pretty handily, so if you can get him free definitely do it. If nothing else it stops one of your rivals getting him.

Player Name: Neymar

Your Team: Crewe

Buyer/Seller: Inter

Player's Value: £20.5 million

Offer: £40 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not an issue

Season: 2020-21 Season

The fact is I do not need the money but the last two seasons a player like Neymar should be performing a lot better. Last season he scored 13 goals in 37 games with 10 assists, that is not good enough for me my other strikers got 53 goals in 57 games with 23 assists, 32 goals in 42 with 15 assists and the youngster got 16 in 34 with 10 assists. To me Neymar has gone a bit downhill from his early days with my side but he can still produce a piece of magical play to win a game. At 28 this maybe the only time I can cash in on him.

Replacements

Luizao

The cheapest option would cost £10 million according to the scouts but has a lot of potential to become even better. Quite similar to Neymar but obviously a bit worse due to his age, I worry he might not fit into the tactic which is what happened to Neymar.

Matteo Salvati

Pace to burn and decent finishing but unlikely to improve that much I think he fits the role which is cutting inside from the left of a front three. Would cost around £20 million.

Pol Schouten

Good pace but would be my last choice. Had a poor season at Lazio due to being unsettled most of the season.

The only other option would be to break the bank and bring in this guy.

Castillo

He would cost around £50 million but with agent and signing on fees the whole deal would cost about £60 million. I tried to talk over a contract with him in January but he demanded too much money that broke my self imposed limit. Maybe I should be more ambitious and pay him what he wants.

Worth noting that Neymar is considered a club icon, any help and opinions guys?

Acid, I'd say sell as you've got strikers out performing him and it's your last chance to get real cash for him. Even if he is an icon, the fans will learn to deal with it.

As for a replacement, I'd go for Luizao or Salvati if you don't want to break your wage structure (I have one that I try to stick to myself), if you don't mind breaking it then Castillo looks fantastic

Acid, I'd say sell as you've got strikers out performing him and it's your last chance to get real cash for him. Even if he is an icon, the fans will learn to deal with it.

As for a replacement, I'd go for Luizao or Salvati if you don't want to break your wage structure (I have one that I try to stick to myself), if you don't mind breaking it then Castillo looks fantastic

Thanks for the answer dude. Pretty much what I am thinking, it is a hard decision if I should break the wage structure I don't want to pay anyone more than 100k a week. I suppose I could bid for him and see if I can get him to agree to 100k with other bonuses and stuff first.

Player Name: Seydou Doumbia

Your Team: LOSC Lille

Buyer/Seller: CSKA

Player's Value: £5.75 million

Offer: £8 million and £24k p/w

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25m and £50k p/w spare

Season: Would join us at the start of the 3rd season.

Very good player who looks like he'd definintely score goals, but for my two striker roles I already have Sow, Gameiro, Lukaku, Sanogo and a young regen. If I signed him I could go to three upfront against weaker teams and have great depth. Or would I be wiser in spending a little bit more on Ruffier to come in and replace Landreau?

Thanks for the answer dude. Pretty much what I am thinking, it is a hard decision if I should break the wage structure I don't want to pay anyone more than 100k a week. I suppose I could bid for him and see if I can get him to agree to 100k with other bonuses and stuff first.

If you give his agent a massive fee, they'll pretty much agree to whatever you want. Perhaps not the most ethical or satisfying solution though

If you give his agent a massive fee, they'll pretty much agree to whatever you want. Perhaps not the most ethical or satisfying solution though

His agent wanted £8.25 million straight away plus 195k a week. Way too much so gone for Luizao and Salvati.

His agent wanted £8.25 million straight away plus 195k a week. Way too much so gone for Luizao and Salvati.

Ouch, unlucky mate. The other two will be quality anyway.

Player Name: Seydou Doumbia

Your Team: LOSC Lille

Player's Value: £5.75 million

Offer: £8 million and £24k p/w

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25m and £50k p/w spare

Season: Would join us at the start of the 3rd season.

Very good player who looks like he'd definintely score goals, but for my two striker roles I already have Sow, Gameiro, Lukaku, Sanogo and a young regen. If I signed him I could go to three upfront against weaker teams and have great depth. Or would I be wiser in spending a little bit more on Ruffier to come in and replace Landreau?

He is a quality player, probably better than Gameiro and Sow, and that's a very good price. I'd say if you don't really need to strengthen anywhere else. I'd bring him in and consider getting rid of one of Gameiro and Sow

Player Name: Wijnaldum (Feyenoord) OR Eriksen (Ajax)

Your Team: Celtic

Season: Would join us at the start of the 3rd season

Other: Value or wages aren't really important to me as i have good deals lined up for the both of them,i just want to know what is the best player to take on?

My Scout John Park (both judging ability & potential are 20) says that Wijnaldum is a potential 4 star player whilst Eriksen is a 3 1/2 star.

Im playing 'Mattis Goal Machine' tactic & this person will be my 1 of my Advance playmakers (MCR) just need to know if any1 has any experiences of these players as i havnt,dont want to make a wrong choice lol!

Thanks.

Other: Value or wages aren't really important to me as i have good deals lined up for the both of them,i just want to know what is the best player to take on?

My Scout John Park (both judging ability & potential are 20) says that Wijnaldum is a potential 4 star player whilst Eriksen is a 3 1/2 star.

Im playing 'Mattis Goal Machine' tactic & this person will be my 1 of my Advance playmakers (MCR) just need to know if any1 has any experiences of these players as i havnt,dont want to make a wrong choice lol!

Thanks.

Eriksen every time mate :D What a Fantastic Player he is! :D

Thanks.

I've only got experience of Wijnaldum who was brilliant for me, but I've heard great things of Eriksen. Basically, both will do a great job for you. I realise that's probably not much help lol. Sorry

rnzcr.png

Should I sell for £6.25m to Valencia? He's my captain and a very good player, but I just signed Kara as a potential replacement...

Certainly, 6.25m is a lot of money for FCK and it makes sense not to deny the move if you are looking to play the game realistically. Personally ~I wouldn't pay that much for him so I think it's a good offer.

Eriksen every time mate :D What a Fantastic Player he is! :D

Defo Eriksen then mate? Going against the great John Park :o lol!

I've only got experience of Wijnaldum who was brilliant for me, but I've heard great things of Eriksen. Basically, both will do a great job for you. I realise that's probably not much help lol. Sorry

LOL! Cheers anyhow mate,thinking maybe Eriksen but my scout has messed my head lol!

Ouch, unlucky mate. The other two will be quality anyway.

He is a quality player, probably better than Gameiro and Sow, and that's a very good price. I'd say if you don't really need to strengthen anywhere else. I'd bring him in and consider getting rid of one of Gameiro and Sow

He might look better that Gameiro but I'd say Super Kev has been the more reliable scorer on several of my saves. For my team or the AI his goalscoring stats are usually better.

Player Name: Pato

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: AC Milan

Player's Value: £24.5 million

Offer: Scouts reckon 43 million bid would be needed

Transfer/Wage Budget: 101 million transfer budget

Season: 2015/16

OR

Player Name: Edinson Cavani

Buyer/Seller: Napoli

Player's Value: £22 million

Offer: Scouts reckon 42.5 million bid would be needed

Transfer/Wage Budget: 101 million transfer budget

Season: 2015/16About to start the 2015/16 season, Robin Van Persie has started to show signs of decline, plus his injury record is appalling. I have Paloschi and Hernandez at the club, but I want someone in to provide a different sort of threat up front, my inclination is to go for Cavani but Pato is that bit younger.

I've just finished the 4th season with Coventry City and have had Sergio Canales pinched from me by Chelsea (a mimimum fee release clause he wouldn't budge on). I'm looking at either Steven Defour (£12m upfront) or Paulo Henrique (£22m over 4 years), with Henrique also demanding higher wages to replace Canales. Can anyone give an opinion on who the better player is? I can see that my team will be better off with either of them but i'm leaning towards Henrique at the moment.

I'd be looking to play the signing on the right side of a CM trio rather than as a DM or AMC, short passing at slow tempo with three strikers up ahead of them.

Dandy, I'd say that Pato is the better striker IMO, but he's very similar to what you've already got, so if you're looking for a different kind of player, Cavani is your man

Cheers Bracken, that's what I was thinking. Pato is very similar to the two I already have, though it's still tempting to buy him regardless.

I've just finished the 4th season with Coventry City and have had Sergio Canales pinched from me by Chelsea (a mimimum fee release clause he wouldn't budge on). I'm looking at either Steven Defour (£12m upfront) or Paulo Henrique (£22m over 4 years), with Henrique also demanding higher wages to replace Canales. Can anyone give an opinion on who the better player is? I can see that my team will be better off with either of them but i'm leaning towards Henrique at the moment.

I'd be looking to play the signing on the right side of a CM trio rather than as a DM or AMC, short passing at slow tempo with three strikers up ahead of them.

I'd be wary of Defour as he spends a lot of time in the physio room.

Thanks Pelican that's exactly what I needed to know! Do scouts pick up on that kind of thing usually? I have a regen left back that gets injured in maybe 30-40% of his games (not always to the extent he has to come off) but my coaches never comment that he's injury prone on his reports, i'm sure something was said about it when I bought him though (although his injury history was clean).

Thanks Pelican that's exactly what I needed to know! Do scouts pick up on that kind of thing usually? I have a regen left back that gets injured in maybe 30-40% of his games (not always to the extent he has to come off) but my coaches never comment that he's injury prone on his reports, i'm sure something was said about it when I bought him though (although his injury history was clean).

I think it depends on how good your scouts are and how extensively you have scouted the player. Some things will often get missed. I bought Sebastian Battaglia, who was thought of as injury prone by my scouts, coaches, and the media, yet in the second half of my second season, he has yet to pick up a knock that has kept him out for more than a few days. I bought him to rotate with Tiote and he's turned into a first-team player :D

Hi this is my first post im new to FM in general

Selling

Player Name: Apostolos Vellios

Your Team: Iraklis FC, Greece 1st Division

Buyer: Juventus

Player's Value: 650.000€ est.

Offer: 1.000.000€

Transfer/Wage Budget: 50.000€ for transfers, 170.000€ wage costs

Patch: box version, no patches

Season: 1 (first)

Please help :D

Greets from Greece

downfoot1

ps.*Support Iraklis FC which are being relegated while having finished mid-table due to shady Greek FA's decisions

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!!! Just about to begin my 4th season. Finished 2ND the season just gone. My first attempt at the Champions League begins. Ive been given 50m and 200K extra wage to work with. The board are expecting a title challenge...so i cant disapoint. Would like to add another trophy to my two league cups.

Below is my current squad. The players marked with asterisks are targets, ive had bids accepted for them all. Yet to offer contracts yet, obviously i cant get them all... Thought i'd get the advice of this forum. I play two formations. A narrow 4-1-2-1-2 or a wide 4-2-2-2

GK | Smithies, *Neto* (7m)

DF | *Appiah* (4m), Galeano, P Jones, *J Angel* (7m), Spence, Whittaker, Goncalves, + 2 Regens totalling 5m

DMC | *N'Diaye* (12m), Moussi

MC | *Rodwell* (12m), Zuclini, Henderson, Cairney, *McCarthy* (4m), McCarthur

AMC / WINGERS | Diego Buonanotte, *Guiliano* (12m), *Jovetic* (8m), *Marilungo* (5m), *Gotze* (Free)

FC | Kadlec, Necid, *Elja* (13m) *Paloschi* (12m), Galvan, Griffiths

************************************************** ******************************

Proposed First XI

-------------Smithies--------------

--Appiah--Galeano--Jones--J Angel--

---------Rodwell----Henderson------

---Guiliano--------------Jovetic-----

----------Paloschi--Kadlec----------

Subs: Neto, Spence, N'Diaye, Zuclini, Marilungo, Necid, Elja

Rotation: Galvan, Whittaker, Cairney, McCarthy, McCarthur, Gotze, Griffiths, Goncalves

Some Maybe's on the radar: Sigurosson, Teixeira, Toloi, Garmash,Varane, Kara, Fleck, Pjanic, Dembele, Canales, Poli, Rodriguez - Im not sure wether the players from Pjanic onwards will want to join me though. They are currently "unrealistic targets"

Hi this is my first post im new to FM in general

Selling

Player Name: Apostolos Vellios

Your Team: Iraklis FC, Greece 1st Division

Buyer: Juventus

Player's Value: 650.000€ est.

Offer: 1.000.000€

Transfer/Wage Budget: 50.000€ for transfers, 170.000€ wage costs

Patch: box version, no patches

Season: 1 (first)

Please help :D

Greets from Greece

downfoot1

ps.*Support Iraklis FC which are being relegated while having finished mid-table due to shady Greek FA's decisions

Ask for 1.3 mil, then sell.

UPDATE!!! Just about to begin my 4th season. Finished 2ND the season just gone. My first attempt at the Champions League begins. Ive been given 50m and 200K extra wage to work with. The board are expecting a title challenge...so i cant disapoint. Would like to add another trophy to my two league cups.

Below is my current squad. The players marked with asterisks are targets, ive had bids accepted for them all. Yet to offer contracts yet, obviously i cant get them all... Thought i'd get the advice of this forum. I play two formations. A narrow 4-1-2-1-2 or a wide 4-2-2-2

GK | Smithies, *Neto* (7m)

DF | *Appiah* (4m), Galeano, P Jones, *J Angel* (7m), Spence, Whittaker, Goncalves, + 2 Regens totalling 5m

DMC | *N'Diaye* (12m), Moussi

MC | *Rodwell* (12m), Zuclini, Henderson, Cairney, *McCarthy* (4m), McCarthur

AMC / WINGERS | Diego Buonanotte, *Guiliano* (12m), *Jovetic* (8m), *Marilungo* (5m), *Gotze* (Free)

FC | Kadlec, Necid, *Elja* (13m) *Paloschi* (12m), Galvan, Griffiths

************************************************** ******************************

Proposed First XI

-------------Smithies--------------

--Appiah--Galeano--Jones--J Angel--

---------Rodwell----Henderson------

---Guiliano--------------Jovetic-----

----------Paloschi--Kadlec----------

Subs: Neto, Spence, N'Diaye, Zuclini, Marilungo, Necid, Elja

Rotation: Galvan, Whittaker, Cairney, McCarthy, McCarthur, Gotze, Griffiths, Goncalves

Some Maybe's on the radar: Sigurosson, Teixeira, Toloi, Garmash,Varane, Kara, Fleck, Pjanic, Dembele, Canales, Poli, Rodriguez - Im not sure wether the players from Pjanic onwards will want to join me though. They are currently "unrealistic targets"

Improve my team thread or the respective teamthread is a way better place for your post.

Player Name: Hazard

Your Team: Millwall

Buyer/Seller: At. Madrid

Player's Value: £25 million

Offer: 65 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 33 million transfer budget

Season: 2014/15

I have no idea how we managed to land him in the first place (just about 17 Million/entire transfer budget); he's been good for us 7.4 average (not playing on the wing). His wages eat up my budget, but he's been worth it though now I'm tempted by this gigantic offer. I feel I could replace him given our current status and transfer budget, but I don't think we'll be replacing him with someone of the same quality. Do I ditch him for the cash and sign someone else for less, or hold on to him (cash be damned) and know that he'll continue to produce for the next 10 years?

I have no idea how we managed to land him in the first place (just about 17 Million/entire transfer budget); he's been good for us 7.4 average (not playing on the wing). His wages eat up my budget, but he's been worth it though now I'm tempted by this gigantic offer. I feel I could replace him given our current status and transfer budget, but I don't think we'll be replacing him with someone of the same quality. Do I ditch him for the cash and sign someone else for less, or hold on to him (cash be damned) and know that he'll continue to produce for the next 10 years?

He's got 80+ assists for me in two seasons at Newcastle, plus 20 odd goals playing out on the wing...so I'd be inclined to keep him whatever the offer.

Having said all that, 65 million added to your transfer budget would let you strengthen a whole lot of areas of your squad at the expense of one! I'm probably not helping all that much am I....

Player Name: Christian Benitez

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller: Cagliari

Player's Value: £8.25 million

Offer: £16.75 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £35 million

Season: 2012/13

Got him on a free transfer at the start of the 2011/12 season he played 22 games during that season scoring just 9 goals and got 2 assists with a average rating of 7.10

Player Name: Christian Benitez

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller: Cagliari

Player's Value: £8.25 million

Offer: £16.75 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £35 million

Season: 2012/13

Got him on a free transfer at the start of the 2011/12 season he played 22 games during that season scoring just 9 goals and got 2 assists with a average rating of 7.10

I'd have to say sell as well. Nearly 17million for a player that cost you nothing looks like a good deal to me :D

And you can probably find better options out there that the fee you get for him should cover.

I would sell him as well; just looks like a win-win upgradable situation.

As far as Hazard goes, I can't believe I still can't make up my mind. I know he's good, but so is the money.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I would sell him as well; just looks like a win-win upgradable situation.

As far as Hazard goes, I can't believe I still can't make up my mind. I know he's good, but so is the money.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Sell for me, £65million is an outrageous offer, better regens will come along and outperform him and that money will strengthen you massively.

Well, that's an optimistic view and not to mention I've not actually managed Eden, however he just doesn't look to me like the sort of player who I would even think about rejecting a £65million offer for.

I would sell you can easily replace him with that money and get someone who can perform just as well. £65 million is too much to turn down especially if you need to strengthen other areas of the team, I sold Hazard on 11.1 for £40 million and used the money to sign Ramsey, Wilshere and two other players.

Player Name: Jude Onana

Player's Value: £6.25 million

Offer: £22 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25.97 million transfer budget remaining

Season: 2023/24

Just taken the Arsenal job alongside my existing manager after managing Arsenal about 7 years ago or so, and they need a big squad overhaul. Already replaced the wingers, and the most important area now is a defensive minded centre mid. Is this guy good enough and worth the money? I know no one can offer alternatives this far in, but help with Onana would be appreciated.

He'd be playing as central midfielder - support, but any suggestions are welcome.

Player Name: Jude Onana

Player's Value: £6.25 million

Offer: £22 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25.97 million transfer budget remaining

Season: 2023/24

Just taken the Arsenal job alongside my existing manager after managing Arsenal about 7 years ago or so, and they need a big squad overhaul. Already replaced the wingers, and the most important area now is a defensive minded centre mid. Is this guy good enough and worth the money? I know no one can offer alternatives this far in, but help with Onana would be appreciated.

He'd be playing as central midfielder - support, but any suggestions are welcome.

Great talent there :thup: I'd definatley go for him, he's African aswell so even better. (Not much Good African regens out there in my opinion ;))

GET HIM! :D

On the conformation day but want to know if this guy would be better/worse. Essomba

Not sure how much he'd cost, although I think it would be about £12 million.

Hard to choose between them, both look seriously decent. I'd be inclined to pick Onana if I had to as he's 4 years younger and might have a little more developing to do.

If you could somehow stretch your budget to get both I would do it, even if just to get the benefit of Essomba's free kicks.

Looks like I could be selling a winger for about £16m, and I do need a couple of midfielders in an ideal world. It's annoying that the manager who got sacked sold Essomba in pre season, as I was the one who originally got him to Arsenal in my spell there 7 years ago. In fact, after I left, they gradually sold off every good youngster I signed, most of which have gone on to be global superstars. Nice going, Arsenal managers :p

Archived