FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having a ME problem, namely it's a bit jerky and annoying. I know my graphic's are on high because i set them that way, i have an Intel Pentium D 2.80ghz processor, 3GB ram, a 256MB GeForce 7500 LE graphic's card..... It seems to be well above the requirements to play the game and not have a crappy ME experience. Stadiums, backgrounds, player names, weather are all on because i want them on. Any suggestions on how i can get it running smoother without dialing down the detail of the match engine?

I'm suspecting it may be down to my crappy graphic's card but i'm not the most tech savvy so someone in the know enlighten me with what the issue could be before i go and panic buy a graphic's card lol

You're correct, the graphics card is below minimum spec's

You're correct, the graphics card is below minimum spec's

Well PC World it is for me tomorrow then.... Least i can get a maccys breakfast as well lol

My onboard graphics just won't run the the 3D at all :( Can anybody recommend a graphics card for about £30-40 that will?

I'm looking around the same price bracket and found this, http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-eah5450-silent-di-1gd3-lp-pci-e-graphics-card-1gb-06318486-pdt.html Dunno how good it is but it seems alright for the money. However if anyone has another opinion on it or has a suggestion feel free to chime in.

Make sure that you note down your motherboard & PSU details to ensure that you can support the card, be very specific to the member of staff that you speak when confirming what these are as the last thing you need is to get home only to find out the gfx is not supported by your system & PC World refuse you a refund.

Be very, very careful shopping there unless you know specifically what you want, do not under any circumstances buy anything solely on the advise of their staff, take a note of what they are recommending & then research it on the net.

Make sure that you note down your motherboard & PSU details to ensure that you can support the card, be very specific to the member of staff that you speak when confirming what these are as the last thing you need is to get home only to find out the gfx is not supported by your system & PC World refuse you a refund.

Be very, very careful shopping there unless you know specifically what you want, do not under any circumstances buy anything solely on the advise of their staff, take a note of what they are recommending & then research it on the net.

I've found a good one. Would it be worth getting a 1GB graphic's card or would a 512MB be enough to run the game's ME? If i get the 1GB i'm gonna need a new PSU which will run me another 40 quid. Or if anyone can recommend a card that will run with a 300w PSU and easily handle FM12's ME on high settings then let me know.

I've found a good one. Would it be worth getting a 1GB graphic's card or would a 512MB be enough to run the game's ME? If i get the 1GB i'm gonna need a new PSU which will run me another 40 quid. Or if anyone can recommend a card that will run with a 300w PSU and easily handle FM12's ME on high settings then let me know.

You could go with 128mb of VRAM and it wouldn't be an issue for FM, it's hardly a graphical beast. As for the graphic card part humm, a 300w PSU is a bad idea in general buying a new card or not. You could perhaps look at an ATI 5570 or 5450 but you'd still probably need to upgrade your PSU.

I'm looking to buy a new laptop at the moment but I don't know much about specs and such and this thread has been useful.

It appears that the faster processor the better (but an i5 is fine?) and I wouldn't need any more than 4GB of RAM. However, a lot of people are saying that integrated graphics cards are rubbish and they may struggle with the FM12 3D view.

Can anyone let me know what I should be looking for in terms of a graphics card? Is there a certain brand you'd recommend?

You could go with 128mb of VRAM and it wouldn't be an issue for FM, it's hardly a graphical beast. As for the graphic card part humm, a 300w PSU is a bad idea in general buying a new card or not. You could perhaps look at an ATI 5570 or 5450 but you'd still probably need to upgrade your PSU.

So i may as well just get the new PSU (seen a 550w for £40) and the 1GB graphics card mentioned above (needs 400w PSU to run it and my systems meets the other criteria). I'll only ever be playing FM12 on the computer, any other games go on the PS3 so i doubt i'll need anything more than that. May spring for another GB of ram while i'm at it, treat myself lol

Matt, i wouldn't go for a cheap 550w PSU, I'd play it safe and drop an extra 20 quid and make sure you get a solid one. Then again a cheap one might work out, just that there's more chances of it going wrong, up to you.

Bobby. You're not going to get a good graphics card in a laptop, an i5 is a good processor(depends which one you get though, refer to this chart). As for a graphics card as long as it's not integrated it should work. Sadly unless you get a gaming laptop 3D performance is going to be pretty bad on a laptop.

Should i be getting jerks in the 3D with this set up ?

Nvidia 8800GTS

2 Gig RAM

64x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.2 GHz

At the mo it's very choppy and giving me a headache watching it, even with everything on low graphic settings and stadiums/backgrounds turned off, so in peoples opinion should i be able to play 3D smoothly ? thanks in advance :)

Matt, i wouldn't go for a cheap 550w PSU, I'd play it safe and drop an extra 20 quid and make sure you get a solid one. Then again a cheap one might work out, just that there's more chances of it going wrong, up to you.

Bobby. You're not going to get a good graphics card in a laptop, an i5 is a good processor(depends which one you get though, refer to this chart). As for a graphics card as long as it's not integrated it should work. Sadly unless you get a gaming laptop 3D performance is going to be pretty bad on a laptop.

Such a pain in the ass for one god damn game. Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway, i'll keep looking.

Such a pain in the ass for one god damn game. Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway, i'll keep looking.
I've spent £1000's to have the best PC I afford for this game, £30 a year for hours of fun my.....

I've spent £1000's to have the best PC I afford for this game, £30 a year for hours of fun my.....

I have actually looked at buying a new PC but the one i have now is great, just needs a better graphics card. But in order to have one i need a new power supply unit, £80-£90 quid that i could be spending on annoying my Leicester City supporter brother by dressing his kid in a Leeds United kit lol

Should i be getting jerks in the 3D with this set up ?

Nvidia 8800GTS

2 Gig RAM

64x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.2 GHz

At the mo it's very choppy and giving me a headache watching it, even with everything on low graphic settings and stadiums/backgrounds turned off, so in peoples opinion should i be able to play 3D smoothly ? thanks in advance :)

3D should be working fine, try updating your drivers.

Matt. It's not just this game really, a 300W PSU is horridly underpowered for internet browsing; Computers move along at quite a fast pace sadly. As for barside, that's a bit overkill, a 500 pound PC could run this game on high settings easily.

Matt. It's not just this game really, a 300W PSU is horridly underpowered for internet browsing; Computers move along at quite a fast pace sadly. As for barside, that's a bit overkill, a 500 pound PC could run this game on high settings easily.

Drivers are up to date, it's running perfectly smooth now i've changed from windowed mode to full screen, odd.

As for barside, that's a bit overkill, a 500 pound PC could run this game on high settings easily.

I should have said that I've spent £1000's over the years (about 15 years to be precise), I pushed the boat out on my current rig by getting an i7 when they were all new & exciting, the upside is in 2 years I've not had to once think of upgrading parts & I expect that to be the case for another 2 years.

In the past the most I ever spent on an entire new system would be around £500 with occasional upgrades as I went along so I might actually break-even in the long run.

Just joined the site had a quick question , can someone tell me if this lap top will be good enough or FM 2012 its a Dell

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit

4GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

500GB3 SATA hard drive (5400RPM)

1 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M

also how many leagues will i be able to run and will it be fast enough , any help will be great thanks

Just joined the site had a quick question , can someone tell me if this lap top will be good enough or FM 2012 its a Dell

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

also how many leagues will i be able to run and will it be fast enough , any help will be great thanks

Will run the game with little or no effort.

I have a simular system and I run 15 leagues /L Database on FM11, could run more but 15 is my preference

Will run the game with little or no effort.

I have a simular system and I run 15 leagues /L Database on FM11, could run more but 15 is my preference

Thanks for the reply been playing FM\Championship manager since 99\00 so need a upgrade on laptop will run around 15 leagues myself so will order laptop Monday :)

Just don't expect a blinding 3D performance out of this, other than that, should be fine :)

Well, that's sadly not at all true for the first part - 300w PSU is more than enough for a PC with onboard graphics, mid-range CPU and a bit of ram used for general work and browsing. Considering an i5 setup with a GTX470 hits about 460w peak -/+ 10%, I'm not sure why you think the above is true.

Considering with the right (quality) parts I was able to run a shuttle with an 8800GTS on an AMD 4200+ dual core with 4gig of ram without issues for nearly 4 years with a 250w PSU? :p

Second part entirely correct. Anything low-mid range these days with a dedicated graphics card will run FM fine in high details.

Just don't expect a blinding 3D performance out of this, other than that, should be fine :)

how many leagues would i be able to play on it mate ? normally i just use the 2D for the match , would i be able to play at a fast pace with that lap top ? Thanks

How important is the graphic-card? Does processor and RAM matter if you dont have a good graphic-card? Is this good enough?:

Processor: Intel core i7 2620M/2,7 Ghz

RAM:4 GB

Graphic-card:AMD Radeon HD 6470m

6470M isn't great but good enough for FM.

Graphic card is only important for the 3D graphics. Latest onboards are good enough for the present day level of 3D.

how many leagues would i be able to play on it mate ? normally i just use the 2D for the match , would i be able to play at a fast pace with that lap top ? Thanks

As many as you can; Depends on what you classify as fast, it's not really a question anyone can answer really, you'll have to figure it out for yourself.

And Ishu, yes it'll easily do 3D on high, but i have my doubts on whether it would be a steady 60 FPS, i guess it depends on the resolution and whether it's plugged into a power socket. It's not all that beefy albeit having quite impressive specifications for a laptop card. I suppose its 50/50. It'll be playable but wont be smooth as silk is all im saying. Yeah, FM is HORRIBLY optimized when it comes to it's 3D engine.

Optimus should run fine, graphic cards have nothing to do with processing speed, only the 3D performance

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a small laptop for use with FM - Do you think I would be able to run FM 12 at all with the below laptop? Perhaps only 1 league?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sony-vaio-vpcyb2m1e-s-11-6-laptop-silver-10683218-pdt.html

Cheers

Andrew

It will run possibly 3/4 leagues .TBF, apart from it being a Sony , for that price you could easily pick up an i3/i5 which will run it with ease

:thup:

Thanks for the reply Orgis dont know too much about computers but would you say that computer would run 3d match engine ? if so would it run it well .. thanks

Should run on high. How smooth depends once again on the resolution and your battery savings settings.

It will run possibly 3/4 leagues .TBF, apart from it being a Sony , for that price you could easily pick up an i3/i5 which will run it with ease

Thanks for your help mate :) My budget is around £400 max really, do you think I can get better value for money by shopping online?

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics card. On the AMD website it says the Catalyst Suite update is a Notebook update. So do I update it or not? I use a laptop...

A netbook is just a laptop with a smaller screen and usually weaker components, it'll work fine. Hell, if you had that card in a normal PC somehow it would work fine.

well seeing as that isnt answering his question.. i will

'better' is the wrong term. but fm is a processor intensive program so a decent processor is certainly more important than masses of ram...

and yes... fm is 32 bit so any more than 2-3 ram is needless for it

where can you check for how much ram you have

Generally speaking, better processor. You can play just about any sane type of save on 2GB RAM and are completely covered on 4GB, for reasons already stated by others. Any more would be to accommodate more processes running at the same time as FM. 4GB is a pretty nice price/performance sweet spot right now for anyone on a budget.

I have 1.50gb is that good enough

Depends on your version of windows. On XP it should be alright, on 7 it's a bit crap though. Anything below 2 gigs is pushing it, even 2 is low. 4 should be the minimum if you consider buying a new PC really. This is obviously reffering to more than just FM atm

I'm in the process of upgrading my machine with more RAM. This has meant that my motherboard and possibly CPU needs to go. Turning expensive! Any recommendations for a new mobo and CPU bundle, or new machine? Don't want to spend much. Only really use my machine for FM and iTunes.

I'm in the process of upgrading my machine with more RAM. This has meant that my motherboard and possibly CPU needs to go. Turning expensive! Any recommendations for a new mobo and CPU bundle, or new machine? Don't want to spend much. Only really use my machine for FM and iTunes.

How much is not much though? The midrange price-conscious choice right now is probably the i5 2500k with a P67-based motherboard and some 1333 or 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. There's obviously lowrange stuff available though, if this is too pricey.

Thanks for your help mate :) My budget is around £400 max really, do you think I can get better value for money by shopping online?

Yes fella , this is a decent one , just over your budget but worth the little bit extra

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-ts11hr039-15-6-laptop-black-10783798-pdt.html

Or you could always go to your nearest store and look at the clearence section , I got £100 off mine in clearence/sale

It's good enough, but only when you're going to run your laptop at maximum performance, meaning that your battery is going to drain VERY quickly if you plan to take it on the go. Other than that i'd guess a almost smooth but not quite perfect performance with everything turned on and quality set to high; But you'd need to test it out yourself as there's no benchmarks for FM for that specific card.

It's good enough, but only when you're going to run your laptop at maximum performance, meaning that your battery is going to drain VERY quickly if you plan to take it on the go. Other than that i'd guess a almost smooth but not quite perfect performance with everything turned on and quality set to high; But you'd need to test it out yourself as there's no benchmarks for FM for that specific card.

Thank you! I seldom use FM on the go, but I guess having everything at max perfomance will cause the laptop to become hot, which in turn makes the fans to go bananas. This is my experience with my current laptop and it's annoying as hell.

How much is not much though? The midrange price-conscious choice right now is probably the i5 2500k with a P67-based motherboard and some 1333 or 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. There's obviously lowrange stuff available though, if this is too pricey.

i5 2400 with a DH67CL

Wow, loads of great advice from chaps that know their specs, unlike me.

I need to upgrade but am broke - can spare little over 300 quid. Will an HP ProBook 4530s pass muster?

It's got an i3 dual-core processor (no way can I afford i5 or i7) with an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000.

I'm not bothered about running hundreds of leagues (maybe max 20-25) but I want a smooth 3D ME.

Will it do the biz; if not can anyone recommend a new laptop that will for as little dosh as possible?!

Wow, loads of great advice from chaps that know their specs, unlike me.

I need to upgrade but am broke - can spare little over 300 quid. Will an HP ProBook 4530s pass muster?

It's got an i3 dual-core processor (no way can I afford i5 or i7) with an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000.

I'm not bothered about running hundreds of leagues (maybe max 20-25) but I want a smooth 3D ME.

Will it do the biz; if not can anyone recommend a new laptop that will for as little dosh as possible?!

That be fine the i3 m8 , I have the same graphics card and the 3D runs smoothly on auto settings , never tried the high resolution

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-ts44-hr-035uk-refurbished-15-6-laptop-white-10934174-pdt.html - thats pretty decent plus slots available for extra ram ,though 4 is sufficent

Hope this helps :thup:

Archived