FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

Hey...

I posted this in it's own thread but thoughts it might get a few more eyes over here and more opinion the better, any help would be muchly appreciated...

""Hers the ones I'm looking at: i know a guy who works at JB & can get me most of them 50-80 cheaper most likely going to get it from there

If you could tell me what is the best over all, best value for money, the difference between AMD Duel Core & i-3 i-5 i-7 when it comes to FM That would just be fantastic!!

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/633409

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656618

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/654514

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656621

There is also this one but not sure if my Budget would stretch http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/55023

This is the spec for my All-In-One, if i could something for similar performance that would be perfect

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name WHITTY-PC

System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion

System Model BK310AA-ABG 200-5020a

System Type X86-based PC

Processor PentiumĀ® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

THANKS again for everyone's help!! ""

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi , let me know how you get on when its delivered m8 :thup:

The demo is running beautifully. The 3D is very smooth, even got the outside stadium graphics - sweet.

It's on auto in Preferences and the only thing unticked is ' deep of field' or whatever it's called. What exactly does that mean? Does it give the pitch a more 3D look?

Hey...

I posted this in it's own thread but thoughts it might get a few more eyes over here and more opinion the better, any help would be muchly appreciated...

""Hers the ones I'm looking at: i know a guy who works at JB & can get me most of them 50-80 cheaper most likely going to get it from there

If you could tell me what is the best over all, best value for money, the difference between AMD Duel Core & i-3 i-5 i-7 when it comes to FM That would just be fantastic!!

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/633409

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656618

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...otebook/654514

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/compu...y-scoop/656621

There is also this one but not sure if my Budget would stretch http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/55023

This is the spec for my All-In-One, if i could something for similar performance that would be perfect

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name WHITTY-PC

System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion

System Model BK310AA-ABG 200-5020a

System Type X86-based PC

Processor PentiumĀ® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

THANKS again for everyone's help!! ""

In my opinion, you should go for the i7.

The demo is running beautifully. The 3D is very smooth, even got the outside stadium graphics - sweet.

It's on auto in Preferences and the only thing unticked is ' deep of field' or whatever it's called. What exactly does that mean? Does it give the pitch a more 3D look?

Auto basicaly sets it to what it thinks your PC will run at(basically, locked 60 FPS for best performance). Depth of field is only available on high settings, meaning yours is locked at medium possibly. As for what it does it sort of makes everything around the focus point of the camera sort of blurry adding an ilussion of depth. Not really worth it IMO.

Auto basicaly sets it to what it thinks your PC will run at(basically, locked 60 FPS for best performance). Depth of field is only available on high settings, meaning yours is locked at medium possibly. As for what it does it sort of makes everything around the focus point of the camera sort of blurry adding an ilussion of depth. Not really worth it IMO.

Ah cheers. Sounds like a nice little touch, but I'm good with what I've got. With the new career setting, I won't load up more than a dozen leagues (possibly a few more if I load uncle ron's L8 English file) so I don't anticipate a slowy with this new rig.

I'm replacing my >5 year old 2 Gig Ram pc with this, (should be delivered tomorrow). Only thing I need to do is install an OS. Got a windows 7 home premium 64bit disk ready and waiting for the arrival of the machine. I'm not too clued up in regards to computer techy stuff, so was hoping to find out from more tech minded sorts in here if I've got my hands on a bargain that'll run FM12 no probs or if I've just wasted Ā£200?

Processor

• Intel Pentium Dual Core E5800 Processor 3.2Ghz
  • 2MB Cache

Memory

• 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
  • Configuration 1 x 4GB

• Expandable to 8GB
  • 2 x DIMM slot

Hard Drive

• 1TB (1x1TB) SATA II

Optical Drive

• Super multi DVDRW

Software

• Operating System: None

Display

• Monitor not included

Input Devices

• Keyboard and Mouse Not Included

Networking

• Network Interface: 10/100/1000

Dimensions

• Depth 450 mm
  • Width 180 mm
  • Height 360 mm

Interfaces

• 3 x Audio jacks

• 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
  • 1 x PS/2 mouse port
  • 1 x Serial port
  • 6 x USB 2.0 ports
  • 1 x RJ45 LAN port
  • 1 x VGA port

http://www.ebuyer.com/251310-extra-value-desktop-7873-1036

Hi. I bought the following laptop a couple of months ago. I have not bought any FM version since 2007 (!) :o and I am interested if this one would be good for FM 12. I do not intend to load lots of leagues, but I do plan a long term save.

The demo runs fine, except that I can not run 3d matches because the screen freezes.

Dell Inspiron N 7110

Intel Ā® Core i7 2630 QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GT 525 M 1 GB

Thanks.

Hi. I bought the following laptop a couple of months ago. I have not bought any FM version since 2007 (!) :o and I am interested if this laptop would be good for FM 12. I do not intend to load lots of leagues, but i do plan a long term save.

The demo runs fine, except that I can not run 3d matches because the screen freezes.

Dell Inspiron N 7110

Intel Ā® Core i7 2630 QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GT 525 M 1 GB

Thanks.

Will be fine, also update your graphics card drivers.

Hi guys,

Considering 2 laptops which are pretty much the same apart from the processor, Samsung build, 6gb RAM.

One of them has a Intel Core i5-2430 processor (Clock speed 2.4ghz, dual core)

And the other has an AMD A6-3410MX processor(Clock speed 1.8 ghz, quad core)

Do you think it will make much difference to running FM11/12 which one I get?

Guess the Intel will be generally faster at running the game due to the higher clock speed, but have heard the AMD's have better in-built graphics so will run the 3d better?

Cheers for any recommendations

Im looking at replacing my laptop with one of either of these

IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i3-2310M processor (2.1 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) with a dedicated HD Radeon 6490m 1gb, and 4GB RAM (although I may boost to 8gb) 204 Pin SO DIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv6-6176sa-15-6-laptop-steel-grey-10783799-pdt.html

or a 1st Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-460M Processor

- 2.53 GHz

- 2.5 GT/s DMI

- 3MB Smart Cache

with NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® GTS 310M-1GB, and 4gb RAM

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-a660-1fh-refurbished-16-laptop-black-08527280-pdt.html

So any tips? 2nd gen i3, or 1st gen i5 and which graphics card?

Im off to buy it in the morning......

I want to be able to run plenty of leagues, players and get a good rating for FM2012 and the older versions.

Cheers in advance

getting a new laptop are these specs ok

Processor IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-2630QM (2 GHz (2.9GHz max turbo freq), 6 MB L3 Smart Cache)

- 5 GT/s DMI

- Quad Core

Operating System Genuine WindowsĀ® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 8 GB DDR3

Graphics card Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Screen type HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display

Screen resolution 1600 x 900

Screen size 17.3"

Hard drive 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

Optical disk drive Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVDĀ±R/RW Double Layer

Memory card reader Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader

USB 2 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0

Modem/Ethernet Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

WiFi Intel 802.11 b/g/n

1030 WW+BT-WIDI capable

Bluetooth Yes

Video interface 1 x HDMI

1 x VGA

Audio interface 2 headphone-out and 1 microphone-in

Sound Beats sound system with integrated subwoofer

Integrated Digital Microphone

Webcam Yes

Battery 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Additional features Fingerprint reader

One-touch internet function

Software included "This PC is optimized for MicrosoftĀ® Office 2010. Purchase a

Product Key Card or Disc to activate full-featured Office software

preloaded on this PC.

HP QuickWeb

HP QuickSynch

HP CloudDrive (30-days trial)

HP Setup

HP Support Assistant

Cyberlink DVD suite

HP Games Console

HP Connection Manager

Windows Live Applications

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Windows Live Messenger

Adobe Reader

Adobe Flash Player"

Size 416 x 275 x 36 mm

Weight 3 kg

Im looking at replacing my laptop with one of either of these

IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i3-2310M processor (2.1 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) with a dedicated HD Radeon 6490m 1gb, and 4GB RAM (although I may boost to 8gb) 204 Pin SO DIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv6-6176sa-15-6-laptop-steel-grey-10783799-pdt.html

or a 1st Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-460M Processor

- 2.53 GHz

- 2.5 GT/s DMI

- 3MB Smart Cache

with NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® GTS 310M-1GB, and 4gb RAM

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-a660-1fh-refurbished-16-laptop-black-08527280-pdt.html

So any tips? 2nd gen i3, or 1st gen i5 and which graphics card?

Im off to buy it in the morning......

I want to be able to run plenty of leagues, players and get a good rating for FM2012 and the older versions.

Cheers in advance

i3 and 6490M

getting a new laptop are these specs ok

Processor IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-2630QM (2 GHz (2.9GHz max turbo freq), 6 MB L3 Smart Cache)

- 5 GT/s DMI

- Quad Core

Operating System Genuine WindowsĀ® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 8 GB DDR3

Graphics card Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Screen type HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display

Screen resolution 1600 x 900

Screen size 17.3"

Hard drive 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

Good CPU, but a FHD screen and a better GFX card might be available for the same price.

Anyone got advice for either a

HP Pavilion dv6-6176sa

or a

Sony VAIO VPCEH1S0E 15

IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-2410M Processor

- 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost

- up to 2.90 GHz

- 3MB L3 Cache

but with Intel 3000 HD integrated graphics

or thirdly

Lenovo Ideapad Z570

with a i5-2410M

- 2.3 GHz Clock Speed

- 3MB Cache

4GB RAM and Intel 3000 HD graphics

HELP!

If 3D is important and you wouldn't want to upgrade for a few years, HP.

If you use 2D, Sony/Lenovo.

Don't upgrade to 8GB though. You wouldn't need it.

Cheers Ishu (are you some kinda pc expert?)

The RAM will help with other tasks including photo editing and video software

Ive also found a HP Pavilion dv6-6052ea with a i7-2630QM with a potential Radeon 6490M

Edit

The 6052sa was in clearance, but seems to have gone.............Bugger - would have run FM2012 beautifully

Right, lets say I decide to use our Christmas money savings to go to pc world tomorrow, and lets just pretend that the missus wont mind at all :

Layman's terms, what do I need to be looking for? All I want is to be able to run 30 or so leagues, with full , high detailed 3d possible.

Cheers

Cheers Ishu (are you some kinda pc expert?)

The RAM will help with other tasks including photo editing and video software

Ram on your graphics card and a proper dedicated video/photo editing card would do you a whole lot better than 4 gigs of extra ram(Then again, i REALLY dont recommend doing any of those on a laptop; You need a beefy rig for video editing and even photo editing for that matter). Besides; 8 shiny gigs of ram looks flashy and all but really, you'd never use up all of them(you'd have to try really hard). Computer components are all related to each other. You can't have one that stands out and the rest mediocre, it'll drag down the performance. Go for the lenovo/sony vaio, you can nearly max out the graphics(and if you don't mind slightly choppy gameplay, you could).

Welloso. You're looking for a 2500k and a 560Ti(could get a slightly worse card if you dont plan on playing a lot of games, perhaps something like a radeon 5770?). Don't blow all your money on a PC when you wont use it to it's full potential. A rig with those specs(no screen or anything external, already assuming you have that) will run you around 500 quid and will give you some very good performance. If you're into it, an overclocked 2500k is utterly insane.

I run about 20-25 leagues. Nations usually all english leagues inc. lower ones and then top leagues of scotland, spain, italy, france, germany, holland. Sometimes brazil league to. I then use the 'Huge' database thats around online to download and use. This gives me 60-70000 players. It reduces the stars down to 1 star.

E8200 O/C to 3.2ghz, 4GB 800mhz Memory, ATI 3850 512mb GPU, W7 Ultimate 64Bit.

Ram on your graphics card and a proper dedicated video/photo editing card would do you a whole lot better than 4 gigs of extra ram(Then again, i REALLY dont recommend doing any of those on a laptop; You need a beefy rig for video editing and even photo editing for that matter). Besides; 8 shiny gigs of ram looks flashy and all but really, you'd never use up all of them(you'd have to try really hard). Computer components are all related to each other. You can't have one that stands out and the rest mediocre, it'll drag down the performance. Go for the lenovo/sony vaio, you can nearly max out the graphics(and if you don't mind slightly choppy gameplay, you could).

Is the 2nd gen i5 chip with Integrated graphics, much more than a 2nd gen i3 with 1gb of dedicated graphics??

Is the 2nd gen i5 chip with Integrated graphics, much more than a 2nd gen i3 with 1gb of dedicated graphics??

Dedicated graphics will always be faster. However the sand bridge graphic chips are quite strong you're better off going with an i5 and suffering the 5-10 FPS loss.

I'd still go with the i5. A faster processor goes a longer way with FM. But if you prefer 3D performance by all means, go for the dedicated card.

Im all about the 2D and watching the dots run about in the FM series, but Id still like to see the 3D if i choose to in all its (so i hear) power hungry glory.

but Ive never owned a laptop without decent dedicated graphics and wonder and worry about the Intel 3000HD being able to process HD footage, or DVD's and iplayer type stuff, and run future software.......

Its gotta last me a fair few years......

May go with this Toshiba satellite L775

i5 2430M 2.4 ghz, 6gb RAM

Intel 3000HD integrated graphics with upto 1696mb (guess thats borrowed from the RAM)

So, should that run me a huge database and lots of leagues on FM2012 and power through the seasons fast???

and what about earlier versions, like FM10, and the CM 01-02 / 03-04 series??

A fair few years in what terms? Computers get outdated horribly fast. Your i5 will be slow in about 5 months when the new processors come out but yes.

The intel 3000HD will handle anything you throw at it easily(regarding dvds HD videos and stuff like that) so that's not an issue. Those specs sound O.K for a laptop.

As for the RAM, Vram and regular ram is completely different. "up to 1696mb" is 6GB regular+1696 video ram, however don't really count on it actually being that high. Regardless, for FM it's waaaaaaaaaay more than enough, especially 2D. And it isn't important at all unless you heavily use photoshop/play video games(which you really shouldnt on a laptop).

Archived