FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fm is a 32 bit program, so it never uses more than 3GB.

well seeing as that isnt answering his question.. i will

'better' is the wrong term. but fm is a processor intensive program so a decent processor is certainly more important than masses of ram...

and yes... fm is 32 bit so any more than 2-3 ram is needless for it

I've been running an i7-920 clocked to 3.8Ghz for over 2 years without any trouble, as z42bn6 has said it's all about keeping the cpu cool.

You wouldn't add a sports turbo to a car without installing an intercooler or upgrading the radiator. That one was for you Kriss.

indeed ive seen an i7 clocked to extreme levels with an oil based cooling system , just for demonstration purposes... its all about the cooling , and tbh.. cooling is the number one issue with most gaming desktops and especially laptops (which i know a large amount of people are using for fm)

Just bought this, loaded up FM and first impressions are brilliant, I have never had a laptop so good.

What do you guys think?

How many leagues?

Inspiron N5110 (FCG41) - i5-2410 (2.30GHz, 3MB cache, Dual Core)

4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x4096]

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Internal Keyboard

500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)

Primary 6-cell 48 WHr Lithium Ion battery

1 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M

8X DVD+/-RW Drive

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030, Bluetooth v3.0+HS

Power Cord : 1M

Documentation Inspiron N5110

15.6" (40 cm) High Definition (1366X768) WLED with True-Life

Integrated 1.0 Mega Pixel Widescreen HD (1280 x 720) camera

Inspiron N5110 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)

very similar to my lappy actually.. your processor is slightly better than mine actually.. its a sandy bridge model which is excellent.. obviously the gpu and everything is perfectly fine aswell.. and the ram is more than you'll actually need for fm also...

ive run all leagues and all players as an experiment on mine and although slow to load initially , it runs at a steady rate while playing.. but obviously thats at extremes , id suggest not foing that much lol

'better' is the wrong term. but fm is a processor intensive program so a decent processor is certainly more important than masses of ram...

Thanks welshace.

Quick question, With a game like Fm which is better, better processor or more ram?

Generally speaking, better processor. You can play just about any sane type of save on 2GB RAM and are completely covered on 4GB, for reasons already stated by others. Any more would be to accommodate more processes running at the same time as FM. 4GB is a pretty nice price/performance sweet spot right now for anyone on a budget.

thinking of buying this,what do you guys recon..

Acer 5742 Laptop (Intel Core i5, 5GB, 500GB, 15.6" Display) Black

N/AActive Area Width mmN/AAudio FeaturesYes with analogue outputBattery Life in HoursUp to 3 hours 30minsBlank Discs Case IncludedNoBluetoothNoBrandAcerBuilt-in WebcamYesCache Memory in Mb3MBCard Reader TypeSDColourBlackDial Up ModemNoExternal Sata InterfaceNoFeatures of ProductIf you want a laptop that will provide pure entertainment and power then you need the Acer Aspire 5742 laptop. Just to prove it’s at the forefront of technology it comes with the brand new Windows 7 operating system, so you know you’ll be strides ahead of everyone else. It’s driven by an Intel Core i5 processor with a speedy 5GB RAM giving you unmatched performance no matter what your task. With a massive 500GB hard drive to store all your files on too, you can be confident that you’ll be prepared for any eventualityFinger Print ReaderNoFirewireNoGraphics ChipsetUMAGraphics TypeSharedHard Drive Size500GBHard Drive Type2.5" SATA 5400rpm with 16MB CacheInterfaceUSB 2.0Letter RecognitionNoMemory Size5GBMemory TypeDDR3Number of USB Ports3Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bitOptical Drive Compatible TypeNoOptical Drive Dual Layer CompatibleYesOptical Drive Hd-dvd CompatibleNoOptical Drive Lightscribe CompatibleNoOptical Drive TypeDVD dual layer rewriterOs Recovery Discs IncludedNoOutputHDMI (HDCP compliant)Power Adaptor IncludedYesPressure SensitiveNoProcessorIntel® Core™ i5Processor Model NumberIntel® Core™ i5-480MProcessor Speed in GHz2.66Product Depth25.3 cmProduct Height3.4 cmProduct Weight UnitskgProduct Width38.1 cmRemote Control IncludedNoScreen Size In Inches15.6Screen TypeLED

your feedback would be appreciated. can get it for £399

N/AActive Area Width mmN/AAudio FeaturesYes with analogue outputBattery Life in HoursUp to 3 hours 30minsBlank Discs Case IncludedNoBluetoothNoBrandAcerBuilt-in WebcamYesCache Memory in Mb3MBCard Reader TypeSDColourBlackDial Up ModemNoExternal Sata InterfaceNoFeatures of ProductIf you want a laptop that will provide pure entertainment and power then you need the Acer Aspire 5742 laptop. Just to prove it’s at the forefront of technology it comes with the brand new Windows 7 operating system, so you know you’ll be strides ahead of everyone else. It’s driven by an Intel Core i5 processor with a speedy 5GB RAM giving you unmatched performance no matter what your task. With a massive 500GB hard drive to store all your files on too, you can be confident that you’ll be prepared for any eventualityFinger Print ReaderNoFirewireNoGraphics ChipsetUMAGraphics TypeSharedHard Drive Size500GBHard Drive Type2.5" SATA 5400rpm with 16MB CacheInterfaceUSB 2.0Letter RecognitionNoMemory Size5GBMemory TypeDDR3Number of USB Ports3Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bitOptical Drive Compatible TypeNoOptical Drive Dual Layer CompatibleYesOptical Drive Hd-dvd CompatibleNoOptical Drive Lightscribe CompatibleNoOptical Drive TypeDVD dual layer rewriterOs Recovery Discs IncludedNoOutputHDMI (HDCP compliant)Power Adaptor IncludedYesPressure SensitiveNoProcessorIntel® Core™ i5Processor Model NumberIntel® Core™ i5-480MProcessor Speed in GHz2.66Product Depth25.3 cmProduct Height3.4 cmProduct Weight UnitskgProduct Width38.1 cmRemote Control IncludedNoScreen Size In Inches15.6Screen TypeLED

The specs are pretty decent for the price but, im not a fan of Acer.

how many leagues and players would be able to be loaded with this lappy

Hi!

I run game with highest settings and get 4.5 stars in 3D with an laptop with i7 2630 and GT540 m graphic card. I get constant 60 fps in games but still game feels a little slow and is choppy at times. What could be wrong? Other games runs fine without the slowness, choppiness.

Br D

Hi!

I run game with highest settings and get 4.5 stars in 3D with an laptop with i7 2630 and GT540 m graphic card. I get constant 60 fps in games but still game feels a little slow and is choppy at times. What could be wrong? Other games runs fine without the slowness, choppiness.

Br D

update your graphics drivers :thup:

I have played a few games now in 3D and my graphics card crashes, it says it stopped responding but has now recovered, why would this be? have I hot it set up wrong?

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Internal Keyboard

8X DVD+/-RW Drive

antg1985

I have played a few games now in 3D and my graphics card crashes, it says it stopped responding but has now recovered, why would this be? have I hot it set up wrong?

Internal Keyboard

8X DVD+/-RW Drive

Hi!

Had the same problem before I updated my graphic drivers. It is the Nvidia Optimus solution that isnt working correctly. Try to update drivers.

Br D

If you go Start > Run > dxdiag and then check the "Display" tab in the window that pops up, what does it say for Name, Chip Type and Total Memory?

Number of leagues would be one for Ishu. I've no clue how he estimates that. :)

just on this

and anyone can answer this if you know

so given its a 32bit program and can therefore use only 3GB, would it still be right to say that having 8GB on a windows 7 64GB system still benefits FM gameplay because other applications and windows itself, can use the excess ram leaving an entire 3GB for FM?

SI claim it isn't possible possible.

I have been running all nations (only European, South/Central/Noth American leagues playable) & a 311,000 start up player databse, has taken 6 days 18 hours to get to July 2014 (as an LLM player I do take my time with the game). I am experiencing problems with low memory warnings but I feel that is less an issue with my system & more the short-comings of the 32 bit game code.

It the interest a providing a useful comparison I have full detail processing for all international matches, all club (inter)continental competitions & all domestic competitions other than reserve leagues for the nation that I currently manage in.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 3800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0403, 19/05/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.5

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name

Time Zone GMT Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 5.99 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.71 GB

Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 8.26 GB

Page File Space 5.99 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4890

Display Memory: 3826 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB

Shared Memory: 2811 MB

FM09 & 10 were also fine when running all league saves on this rig but again the limitations of 32bit code caused problems with physical & virtual memory allocation.

Hi sir Ishu,i've got 2 laptops not so fast in CPU ghz..i'd like to know about the number of league:

1- Hp cpu Core2 duo 1.3 (dx diag says 2 cpu 1.3 each ????),3 GB ram and nvidia G105M with 512 Mb

2- HP i7 Q720 1.6ghz (2.86 with auto boost) 4 GB ram and a Nvidia GT230M.

I'm scared about the 2.0 Ghz requested from official announcment..I'm from FMlive and didnt bought Fm offline from 2009.

Thanx guys

Ignore the Ghz rating as it confuses the issue, from what I recall the minimum specifications of 2ghz refers to a single core cpu such as a Pentium 4.

Due to the RAM you should not play FM on the Core2Duo machine, the i7 processor you have in the second laptop is a solid performer in the mobile market & will outperform many desktop systems that a large proportion of the FM community are playing.

passmark rating of 214th

As for number of leagues none of us can honestly answer that question, it will run a very sizeable game with ease but the final test is hwo quick you want that game to run, with the inclusion of the add/remove league function you can start an FM12 save with a modest number of say 20 leagues & then adjust it to your liking as the game progresses.

Got my Quad Core for for FM12, should be mighty fast :D Not sure if I should install my 64 bit Operating System instead of the normal 32, I do have 4GB of Ram but will it even make any difference for FM :confused:

I always thought that unless you have enough ram to take advantage of the 64 bit, stay at 32?

Get 64-bit anyway, since a PC usually lasts 4 years on average and in 4 years time there will be loads more 64-bit software out there.

64-bit Windows in theory will run slightly quicker as it knows how to use the additional registers and theoretically offers twice the bandwidth if you have multiple cores in your processor, although in practice it's about the same.

The only real reason against 64-bit is driver support which is very good nowadays.

Got my Quad Core for for FM12, should be mighty fast :D Not sure if I should install my 64 bit Operating System instead of the normal 32, I do have 4GB of Ram but will it even make any difference for FM :confused:
You need 64bit to use all 4gb of RAM. Extra RAM won't necessarily speed up FM any more but it'll make multitasking much smoother.

You need 64bit to use all 4gb of RAM. Extra RAM won't necessarily speed up FM any more but it'll make multitasking much smoother.

True enough but not strictly accurate and slightly misleading - you want more cores for smoother multitasking and 32bit addresses about 3.8gb.

You really want 64bit for multi-core processors and over 4gb of ram

Having a ME problem, namely it's a bit jerky and annoying. I know my graphic's are on high because i set them that way, i have an Intel Pentium D 2.80ghz processor, 3GB ram, a 256MB GeForce 7500 LE graphic's card..... It seems to be well above the requirements to play the game and not have a crappy ME experience. Stadiums, backgrounds, player names, weather are all on because i want them on. Any suggestions on how i can get it running smoother without dialing down the detail of the match engine?

I'm suspecting it may be down to my crappy graphic's card but i'm not the most tech savvy so someone in the know enlighten me with what the issue could be before i go and panic buy a graphic's card lol

Archived