Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz

Memory

RAM Size: 4 GB

Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive

Hard Drive Size: 500 GB

Graphics

Graphics Card Description: Intel GMA HD

My current PC has lower specs than this, and I can about 16 leagues in 7 countries. It's rather slow, but playable, and runs OK on a 1.53GHZ processor.

Just wondering how many leagues I can expect to run?

Want to play:

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Scotland

Spain

Down to lowest league (playable from game-not downloading down to step 15 or anything).

Should it work reasonably ok?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just ordered an HP Pavilion, wondering how many leagues it will run:

i7-2630QM 2.0 bust to 2.9

6GB RAM

640GB HHD @ 7200rpm

HD6770M

thanks

Hey I am thinking about buying that laptop too. I reckon it would run ~ 60-70 leagues.

Laptops are not for gaming, having three laptops, one being a Dell with a Nivida 8600 GMT and the other two having dedicated graphic cards and so the Dell is my number one right now as in transition with regards to building my new gaming desktop.

This is my outlook from experience and yes you can get some really great specifications with regards to laptops but in all seriousness don't expect the game of football managers calibre to be running to full capacity without having high CPU temps and that is the flawed concept on the laptops.

That's half true. Laptops aren't the best option for gaming but they CAN be pretty good at it.

My laptop with a 3 generation old Intel onboard and one of the slowest dual cores can actually play Bioshock, COH, NFS MW etc.

And the HP I quoted in the post above this one can play nearly all games on high.

FM is a piece of cake.

Just finished this ''little test'', it took me 5 minutes and 10 seconds on my i5 760 @ 3.4 ghz , 4 GB RAM , and exactly 4 min 23 secs at 4GHZ .

PII X4 takes 7min and 760 does it in 5 min.

760 is also competing with 2600K.

Doesn't make sense. :(

Hi guys have just purchased my new pc for £330

It has a. Amd 965 x4 3.4ghz cpu

4gb ram

Radeon hd 5450

Graphics card I will change in next few weeks as well as adding ram to make it 8gb ram.

Now the question is how will it perform how many leagues\nations and players will it load?

Thanks

45 .

Hey guys, I'm after some advice if any of you feel able to help me!

Basically, any advice appreciated. I haven't really got a specific idea in mind, only a vague one. Can any of you guys help? Thanks in advance.

Budget ?

Processor

Processor Brand: Intel

Processor Type: Intel Pentium Dual-Core

Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz

Memory

RAM Size: 4 GB

Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive

Hard Drive Size: 500 GB

Graphics

Graphics Card Description: Intel GMA HD

My current PC has lower specs than this, and I can about 16 leagues in 7 countries. It's rather slow, but playable, and runs OK on a 1.53GHZ processor.

Just wondering how many leagues I can expect to run?

Want to play:

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Scotland

Spain

Down to lowest league (playable from game-not downloading down to step 15 or anything).

Should it work reasonably ok?

15 leagues are OK. 20 would be slower but manageable

Processor: AMD Phenom Dual Core

Processor speed: 3 GHz

Processor bus: 1333 MHz

Processor cache: 2 MB

Memory (RAM): 4 GB

Storage (hard drive): 500 GB

Storage (hard drive) Type: SATA

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Dedicated Graphics: no

Discrete Class Graphics:

Shared Graphics: ATI radeon HD 4250 1.87 MB

Hows this one guys? Going to order it soon just need a quick review

Processor: AMD Phenom Dual Core

Processor speed: 3 GHz

Processor bus: 1333 MHz

Processor cache: 2 MB

Memory (RAM): 4 GB

Storage (hard drive): 500 GB

Storage (hard drive) Type: SATA

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Dedicated Graphics: no

Discrete Class Graphics:

Shared Graphics: ATI radeon HD 4250 1.87 MB

Hows this one guys? Going to order it soon just need a quick review

Don't buy AMD Phenoms. Definitely not a dual core. The Graphic card is crap as well (Much worse than the Intel onboards).

What's your budget?

PII X4 takes 7min and 760 does it in 5 min.

760 is also competing with 2600K.

Doesn't make sense. :(

I'll try this one out with 2600k, 8GB ram + SSD tonight.

E: 5min 20sec with lot of stuff in the background. FM doesnt seem to be using hyper threading, or alteast task manager shows only usage on 4 cores. Will check some BIOS settings and try it out with OC later.

E2: 4min 25sec with 4Ghz and no stuff in backround. Still CPU usage between 5-20% the whole time.

So almost identical times than i5-760.

Lenovo G570 15.6 inch Notebook (Core i5-2410M, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB, DVDRW BT, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black

HP - Same specs

Would play Minecraft, FM @ 40 leagues and 3D on high.

An assembled desktop would perform better.

Wow, I love the look of that lappy.

40 leagues on FM! Blimey! I would love that! How many countries could I load from? 10-15 maybe?

Is it dual core or quad core?

What about the graphics though. It says 'Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000'. Never heard of that. Is it good?

I'm worried about integrated graphics as my current laptop has Intel GMA 950 and it barely runs FM, never mind Minecraft (which I have to have loads of fog on to play)!

Hey guys, I currently have a Dell Netbook with 1gb Ram and no potential to upgrade. I'm now looking to get a better laptop and was wondering if anytone could give me an idea on which of these two would be best for FM:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ACER__A1-LX.NAF02.007/version.asp

or

http://www.ebuyer.com/257441-acer-aspire-5336-laptop-lx-rd802-026

Any ideas on how many leagues/players I will be able to load with either of these?

Hey guys, I currently have a Dell Netbook with 1gb Ram and no potential to upgrade. I'm now looking to get a better laptop and was wondering if anytone could give me an idea on which of these two would be best for FM:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ACER__A1-LX.NAF02.007/version.asp

or

http://www.ebuyer.com/257441-acer-aspire-5336-laptop-lx-rd802-026

Any ideas on how many leagues/players I will be able to load with either of these?

They are both very bad. 20 leagues tops. And I hate Acer.

What's your budget? I'll look if you want.

EDIT

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Satellite-C660-1J2-i3-380M-Windows/dp/B004XARRBS/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1312203970&sr=1-4

25 - 30 leagues.

Don't buy AMD Phenoms. Definitely not a dual core. The Graphic card is crap as well (Much worse than the Intel onboards).

What's your budget?

Whoever ive spoke to has told me that AMD Phenom is much better than Intel? The max is £399. What do you recommend then, must have a HDMI slot bear in mind as i watch movies from there too

Whoever ive spoke to has told me that AMD Phenom is much better than Intel? The max is £399. What do you recommend then, must have a HDMI slot bear in mind as i watch movies from there too

No. Phenoms are owned by SB in everything.

Intel i5 2400 140

Intel DH67BL 80

Corsair 4GB 30

Seagate 7200.12 1TB 40

Corsair CX500W 45

CM Elite 430 50

That's 385.

This would run 60-70 leagues. 3D on high.

Thanks Ishu. My budget is £300 really. Not bothered if it's refurbished, what's the best you guys think I could get for that money?

If you can't go above 300, HP. Otherwise Toshiba in post #1667.

No. Phenoms are owned by SB in everything.

Intel i5 2400 140

Intel DH67BL 80

Corsair 4GB 30

Seagate 7200.12 1TB 40

Corsair CX500W 45

CM Elite 430 50

That's 385.

This would run 60-70 leagues. 3D on high.

My desktop is fine at home but i need a laptop because im going to be on the run next year due to it being my last year in uni so i need it to be a laptop :) thanks for the input btw, so what can i pick up for max £400? The spec i gave earlier was for a laptop btw :)

My desktop is fine at home but i need a laptop because im going to be on the run next year due to it being my last year in uni so i need it to be a laptop :) thanks for the input btw, so what can i pick up for max £400? The spec i gave earlier was for a laptop btw :)

Oh I thought it was a desktop :p

G570 £423.

So your saying the first laptop spec i posted is a no go? The processor is the same as my current laptop and it sucks being 2.1ghz the other one i posted was 3ghz surely it will run smoother than the lenovo?

GHz don't matter. Do you know the exact model no of that AMD CPU?

And these CPUs were released January this year.

GHz don't matter. Do you know the exact model no of that AMD CPU?

And these CPUs were released January this year.

No i dont dude sorry, but i was looking around and this caught my eye - http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-HP-G56-1088SA-Laptop/714070

Hows that? I do load like 20 leagues usually but i only play on commentary just so you know

http://starredreviews.com/phenom-ii-n830-vs-core-i3-330m-comparison/5985/

http://starredreviews.com/intel-pentium-p6200-vs-core-i3-330m/5099/

http://starredreviews.com/core-i3-330m-vs-sandy-bridge-core-i3-2310m/6260/

From the results it looks like the Phenom ii N830 is similar in performance to the Core i3-330M in cases where multiple cores are used. In single threaded applications, the core i3-330M is leading.
The difference – Pentium P6200 does not come with Hyperthreading. Hyperthreading is not beneficial under all circumstances and all conditions. Under certain specific circumstances it does benefit the multi threaded processes to an extent.

HT does matter for FM.

These two should tell you that i3 330M is similar to P6200 (you just posted) and Phenom Dual core.

The Sandy Bridge Core i3-2310M clearly outperforms the similarly clocked Core i3-330M.

2310M is better than all of them.

Anyways P6200 would be OK with 20. i3 would be good with 30.

PS - If That Lenovo I mentioned is out of budget, there is an option to decrease RAM and HDD (You can add them later and that will still end up cheaper. You can even get better HDD etc).

http://starredreviews.com/phenom-ii-n830-vs-core-i3-330m-comparison/5985/

http://starredreviews.com/intel-pentium-p6200-vs-core-i3-330m/5099/

http://starredreviews.com/core-i3-330m-vs-sandy-bridge-core-i3-2310m/6260/

HT does matter for FM.

These two should tell you that i3 330M is similar to P6200 (you just posted) and Phenom Dual core.

2310M is better than all of them.

Anyways P6200 would be OK with 20. i3 would be good with 30.

PS - If That Lenovo I mentioned is out of budget, there is an option to decrease RAM and HDD (You can add them later and that will still end up cheaper. You can even get better HDD etc).

The P6200 is in my budget so i could go for that and the processor number you asked for earlier i got it btw for the initial spec i posted its N660, if that helps.

The P6200 is in my budget so i could go for that and the processor number you asked for earlier i got it btw for the initial spec i posted its N660, if that helps.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TQQDU2/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=computers&psc=1

360 bucks.

Remove the 2GB RAM (Its as easy as replacing batteries in you remote), and use 2x4GB = 8GB RAM 40 bucks.

So you get 8GB in 400 buck.

Or if you don't want that much, add this 2GB 5 bucks. So total 365 bucks.

I have to say Ishu, after some bad experiances with HP laptops, i would be inclined to look at the Dell XPS http://www.dell.com/uk/p/laptops?~ck=mn#!facets=41105~0~348449,40189~0~396646,111726~0~1780115,93410~0~1450395&p=1

How does this compare to the HP Pavillion you were looking at? Also price wise as well as performance.

Is there any news on better chipsets coming out soon?

I have to say Ishu, after some bad experiances with HP laptops, i would be inclined to look at the Dell XPS http://www.dell.com/uk/p/laptops?~ck=mn#!facets=41105~0~348449,40189~0~396646,111726~0~1780115,93410~0~1450395&p=1

How does this compare to the HP Pavillion you were looking at? Also price wise as well as performance.

Is there any news on better chipsets coming out soon?

Can you quote the previous post. I have no idea which HP you are talking about.

Also that XPS is customizable. What config are you looking at?

Processor 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Display 17.3"(44 cm) HD+ WLED True-Life (1600x900) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera

Memory1 6GB1 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

Hard Drive 1000GB2 SATA hard drive (7200RPM)

Optical Drive DVD+/-RW (DVD, CD read and write)

Warranty 1 year of coverage included with your PC

Advertised System Weight 7.57 lbs

£879 including VAT

post 1652 sorry (just re-read your reply)

Which graphic card? If its the 555M, then that is great. If its 540M/550M, do NOT buy that. 540M/550M is 40-50% slower than HP's ATI 6770M.

Dell IS slightly better than HP (Customer Care, Sound, Screen, Build Quality).

Also please get the RGBLED 1080p screen. Its beautiful. The 768p screen sucks.

EDIT: Just saw that XPS15 doesn't has a 555M. XPS17 doesn't has a 1080p screen. :(

so would you say the HP that you were looking at was better than the dell? can you point to which HP pavillion it was you werte looking at purchasing? I'm guessing it has the HD screen etc that you were talking about with the dell i posted?

Cheers!

so would you say the HP that you were looking at was better than the dell? can you point to which HP pavillion it was you werte looking at purchasing? I'm guessing it has the HD screen etc that you were talking about with the dell i posted?

Cheers!

No. HP doesn't provide FHD in my country. Dell XPS 15 does but it costs £250 extra with a slower graphic card. I want it for a bit of gaming so I can't compromise on the card.

Link to HP ~£675.

hi ishu i was wondering if you could help me. Im looking to buy a new custom built pc and was wondering if these specs are good enough for football manager:

case: antec dark fleet 85

processors: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz Quad Core

motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Socket 1366

memory: Corsair 24GB XMS3 1600MHz (6 x 4GB)

graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 + 600W PSU

1st hard drive: 2tb

2nd hard drive: 2tb

optical drive: LiteOn DVD-RW BR-RE Internal Sata Drive

operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

in total this will cost me around £1623 isit worth it mate?

cheers

edit- i was also wondering is this processor: Intel Core i7 980 Extreme 3.33GHz Hex Core the leading processor as it is pretty expensive around £1000 and isit amazing thanks again

hi ishu i was wondering if you could help me. Im looking to buy a new custom built pc and was wondering if these specs are good enough for football manager:

case: antec dark fleet 85

processors: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz Quad Core with HT (~£200) + Noctua DH14 (~£50)

motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro (~£150)

memory: Corsair 8GB Veangence 1600MHz CL7 (2 x 4GB)

graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 + Seasonic X850 (~£120)

1st hard drive: OCZ 120 GB Agility 3 SATA III (~£150)

2nd hard drive: 2tb

optical drive: LiteOn DVD-RW BR-RE Internal Sata Drive

operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

in total this will cost me around £1623 isit worth it mate?

cheers

edit- i was also wondering is this processor: Intel Core i7 980 Extreme 3.33GHz Hex Core the leading processor as it is pretty expensive around £1000 and isit amazing thanks again

That had a few problem. The CPU/Mobo wre old gen stuff. Way too much RAM (unless you need it for something professional).

This much money deserves an SSD and a high end cooler. Disregard the cooler if you won't overclock. You can buy it later.

980X isn't worth the money. The CPU I added is very close to the 980X in performance but costs 1/5th. And yeah, the prices I mentioned are estimates. So just verify them and do the total again.

What are the primary uses?

Archived