FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

Well I've gotten a good price on the computer above... I think I saw a Core i3 sandy with 4 GB ram ... That isnt better right? However would you highly recommend a Core i5 sandy with 4 GB over the one I mentioned? I mean, is the difference that high that I should pay more for a sandy with less ram and gfx?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I've gotten a good price on the computer above... I think I saw a Core i3 sandy with 4 GB ram ... That isnt better right? However would you highly recommend a Core i5 sandy with 4 GB over the one I mentioned? I mean, is the difference that high that I should pay more for a sandy with less ram and gfx?

I think, for your uses, you don't even need a graphic card. The sandy onboard can run FM 3D on high and probably oblivion on medium too.

Going onboard will make a massive diff to price and battery life.

Try to get a i5 2410m. More future proof.

Or i7 2630m.

4GB RAM is enough.

Alright i'll look again for a laptop with sandybridge processor... Probably gonna go for a i5, since the i7 is a bit too expensive ... I'll get back to you :) ... If I can't find one I still think it's a good price I've gotten on the above mentioned laptop...

I'd be better off with this one?

Intel i5 2410

4 GB ram

GeForce 520

And what difference would it do with 6 GB ram instead of 4?

Also should I prefer a sandy i3 over a regular i5?

Once again, thanks for the guidance :)

I have around 900-1000 ... But Im in denmark so.... However i have found a couple of lenovos with i5 2410within the range... If you find a fitting conputer, Im confident that I can get it at the same price as you find it... So any suggestions are welcome :)

Seems like the i7 is a lot more expensive in Denmark than in other countries :-( .. I can only find one i7 I can afford and it's not available untill mid-june.. However I can find some i5 I'll try researching some more and get back to you...

Need an expert opinion on this. How many leagues, players and how would it run graphics wise?

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor 3.0GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz

HD: 500GB 7200rpm

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 1GB

Alright.. I've found a couple of laptops

ASUS X53Sv SX246V

Core i7 2630QM 2 GHz

RAM 4 GB

HDD 640 GB

GeForce GT 540M

and the above-mentioned for around 100 dollars less

ASUS K53SV-SX079V

Intel core i5 2410 2,3 Ghz

6 GB DDR3 Ram

GeForce GT 540M

How many leagues could these run? Will the first one be significantly better? And will games like FM utilise the i7?

Just wondered if anyone could tell me how many leagues and players i would be able to load on this system.

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz

Geforce GTX 460 1GB

4GB DDR3 1600MHz

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit

Thanks

Response to anyone asking how many leagues you could load etc.: All of them

As for a reasonable speed i'd say up to a 100,000 players should be the limit for a decent speed(then again, it all depends on what you consider "fast")

Asking people on advice here for anything but 3D performance is pretty moot as what you consider fast game processing wont necesarily be the same for someone else. The only way to find out what you consider to be "fast" is to load up the game and try it out yourself.

Need an expert opinion on this. How many leagues, players and how would it run graphics wise?

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor 3.0GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz

HD: 500GB 7200rpm

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 1GB

Second one should not be more than £300.

Both should run around 35 leagues. 3D on high.

Second one has a better GFX card.

If you are OK with assembled, get

Intel i5 2400 with Intel DH67CL

4GB DDR3

500GB

ATI HD5670 512MB (If you wanna play any games, the get HD6850 for twice the price)

CX400W

CM Elite 430

Should cost 350 - 360.

Pros

60 leagues

good PSU and cabinet.

Cons

Can't be overclocked. (If you want to OC, get Intel 2500k with ASUS P8P67 for £80 more)

Just wondered if anyone could tell me how many leagues and players i would be able to load on this system.

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz

Geforce GTX 460 1GB

4GB DDR3 1600MHz

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit

Thanks

75 leagues

I can't assemble a PC Ishu unfortunately.

I've found this, looking for cheap i5 PC's is harder than I thought:

Price: £500

Processor: i5 760 Quad Core

RAM: 4GB 1333Mhz

Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM

Graphics: Ati Radeon 5770 1024MB

Finding a good PC for a good price is so hard. :(

Scrap that found this, your thoughts -

Price - £375

CPU - Intel Core I5 2500 3.3ghz Sandy Bridge

RAM - 4gb DDR3 1333

HD - 1000GB Sata Hard Drive

Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GT520 1gb DDR3 With HDMI

Worth £75 more than this -

Price - £300

CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core

RAM - 4gb DDR3 1333

HD - 500GB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 1GB

Def worth the £75 but that graphic card is as powerful as the onboard on that CPU.

I suggest you look up some assembling tut on YouTube. You will see tha its very easy.

What about this?

Price - £370

CPU - Intel I5 2500 3.30ghz Sandy Bridge

RAM - 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ

HD - 1000gb 16mb Cache Serial ATA Hard Drive

Graphics Card - Nvidia 8400GS 1GB With HDMI

Is this good value? http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/range/nspirepro2410.html

Intel Core i5 2410 Processor (2.33GHz)

4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

NVIDIA GT520M Graphics

500GB 2.5" Hard Drive

£490

Can get the cheaper one for £440 with integrated graphics, but would be nice to have the option to play other games. I'm looking to spend about £400 ideally for a laptop for FM, internet, light gaming. Don't know much about PCs so don't want to buy the parts individually reall.y

PS. How many leagues?

Thanks

Is this good value? http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/range/nspirepro2410.html

Intel Core i5 2410 Processor (2.33GHz)

4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

NVIDIA GT520M Graphics

500GB 2.5" Hard Drive

£490

Can get the cheaper one for £440 with integrated graphics, but would be nice to have the option to play other games. I'm looking to spend about £400 ideally for a laptop for FM, internet, light gaming. Don't know much about PCs so don't want to buy the parts individually reall.y

PS. How many leagues?

Thanks

Onboard is as good as that 520M and its enough for light gaming (Most old games at high and newer ones at low or medium).

What about this?

Price - £370

CPU - Intel I5 2500 3.30ghz Sandy Bridge

RAM - 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ

HD - 1000gb 16mb Cache Serial ATA Hard Drive

Graphics Card - Nvidia 8400GS 1GB With HDMI

8400GS is as good as Intel HD4500. You have that gfx right?

It'll will only run 3D on medium. Intel HD2000 is ~3x more powerful than that.

Intel HD3000 (comes with K series sandybridge CPUs. 2500k is £10 more than 2500) is even better than HD2000.

I would only get onboard if you don't wanna play games. You can add a card later if you want to.

If you want to play games, I would atleast get a HD5670. Or HD5770 or HD6850.

Onboard is as good as that 520M and its enough for light gaming (Most old games at high and newer ones at low or medium).

With all the hype around Sandy Bridge, I've been wondering if the Sandy Bridge onboard graphics is good enough for FM11. So I guess from your statement it is and comfortably so?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm quite amazed at how affordable laptops now are, and how budget ones can actually play FM!

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/homelaptops/product.php?id=LD671EA&experience=direct

Hows this?

Intel Core i5-460M processor

3GB RAM

320 GB Hard Drive

15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display

Intel HD Graphics (up to 1274mb graphics memory available)

Windows 7 included

On offer for £400. May end tonight though. So a quick response would be much appreciated. PS. What is sandy bridge?

With all the hype around Sandy Bridge, I've been wondering if the Sandy Bridge onboard graphics is good enough for FM11. So I guess from your statement it is and comfortably so?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm quite amazed at how affordable laptops now are, and how budget ones can actually play FM!

Onboard Sandy Bridge GPUs are starting to low-end rival discrete graphics cards in terms of performance, and they offer much less power consumption and temperatures to boot. Sandy Bridge GPUs are easily too good for FM.

If there is someone with i5 2500 / i7 2600 (or some similar CPU) , could you do a little test for me.

Here is save game, with ALL leagues loaded:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3XSGK12

All you have to do is go on holiday for a week, and measure how much time is needed for processing. It's important not to resign from current club, as it affects processing speed a lot.

It takes just under 7 minutes for my Phenom II X4 @ 3,6 GHz to finish the processing.

Should take around 4 at stock for 2500k and 2 with 2600k.

I had a chance today to test this on my friend's i7-2600.

It took 4:45 minutes at stock frequencies, and 4:09 minutes at 3,9 GHz.

Hello chaps,

Earlier in the thread, these two laptops:

which laptop?

Acer Timeline X 5820T Notebook

- Core i5-480M(2.66GHz, 2.933GHz Turbo), 15.6"WXGA, 4GB-RAM, 500GB-HDD, DVD-DL, WiFi-n, Windows 7 Home Premium

or

HP Pavilion G6-1030TX Notebook

CPU Intel Core i3-380M

Processor 2.53GHz

RAM 4GB

...were rated as 30 and 25 leagues respectively.

Apologies if I've missed it, but what's the view on the Core i3-380UM? Assume 4GB of RAM (or 8 if it helps, which I suspect it won't). Would the on-board graphics be able to run the 3D match engine? How many leagues could it run?

Same two questions, if you don't mind, for the Core i3-370M (i.e. the one below the 380M).

Unfortunately size/weight of laptop is a major concern for me, and getting a Core i5 (or more recent Core i3) in anything smaller than a 15"/3kg laptop for less than £800 doesn't seem to be possible.

Ishu, you're a marvel.

I'll have a bit of a think about those two that you found - the things I was looking at were more along the lines of the Acer Aspire Timeline 1830T (Core i3-380UM, 1.4kg, 11.6"), or the Toshiba Satellite R630 (Core i3-370M, 1.4kg, 13.3"). Both around £500. Basically I want to go as small as I can while still getting a good game - if I thought there was a netbook that could run 10 leagues and have a go at the 3D match engine then I'd be looking at that!

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-2310M Processor

- 2.10 GHz

- 3MB Smart Cache

- Dual-core

RAM 4GB

Graphics card Intel® HD Graphics 3000 integrated GPU

How many leagues for this one? Not bothered about running at super quick speed, just at a reasonable pace.

Is this the best FM laptop I could reasonable afford at a £350 ish budget?

Archived