Quarter-Finals - The Netherlands vs Brazil - 11:00 (Brasília), 15:00 (London)

PMLF

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure I'd have started Robben considering his fitness levels and that the match may go beyond 90.

robben can go beyond 90 minutes, that is the reason he only has 1 start (70ish minutes) and a sub appearance.

Not sure I'd have started Robben considering his fitness levels and that the match may go beyond 90.

dont think they have a choice. he will play more than one half and this is probably the most important match in the tournament for the coaches. semis=success. quarters for one of these teams=failure

The Brazilian national anthem is so :cool:. It's not grand, not extravagant, it' just sort of "This is our anthem. What of it?"

Oh, and they can continue to have that fascination all game if they like.

The lyrics are very fancy though, with words that were archaic even when the lyrics were written, and full of parts that look very silly. :thdn:

7 players on a yellow card for Holland, not an ideal situation.

The cards are reset after this game aren't they? One step at a time anyways. There's a team named Brazil they have to beat, not an ideal situation either. :)

The lyrics are very fancy though, with words that were archaic even when the lyrics were written, and full of parts that look very silly. :thdn:

That's unfortunate. I love the tune.

Seeing him on the ball, Kuyt is going to have an interesting day trying to beat Alves, then Maicon.

To me the music sounds too Baroque. Gotta love the American revolutionary lyrics though, original Argie anthem is cool with the smugness of having felled a lion called Spain :thup:

Why's Brazil wearing blue? Orange and Yellow can't be seen on.... black & white TVs?

Too many Italy-based players, so the players decided to wear their true colors. :rolleyes::D

But I think it's because of commercial reasons, Brazil was asked to wear blue against Chile but CBF refused. So maybe they thought it would be better to wear it on this match as more people are going to watch it.

To me the music sounds too Baroque. Gotta love the American revolutionary lyrics though, original Argie anthem is cool with the smugness of having felled a lion called Spain :thup:

The melody is inspired by some previous Italian melodies, so maybe that's why.

Brazilian goal ruled offside.

Archived