Quarter-Finals - The Netherlands vs Brazil - 11:00 (Brasília), 15:00 (London)

PMLF

The preview is finally online, and so I added it to the first page. For some reason they insist with the idea that Kaká is the Brazilian player to watch, despite the fact other players are consistently doing better than him...

The players to watch are Felipe Melo and Michel Bastos. Robben against them will be the battle of the game.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He made 3 assists, but he is hardly the best player of the team, but they obviously wouldn't select a defender as the player to watch...

So you know exactly why they chose Kaká as the player to watch. He's not playing at his best, but he's carrying an injury. He's created 3 out of 8 goals, nearly half, so I think he is doing a good job for the team.

He made 3 assists, but he is hardly the best player of the team, but they obviously wouldn't select a defender as the player to watch...

If Brazil win it will be because of Kaká, if Spain win it will be because of Xavi... it's the same **** all the time tbf. Messi, maybe because he's the best, is the only player that doesn't get that treatment, even at Barça as some people say that he plays well because of Xavi. :D

The players to watch are Felipe Melo and Michel Bastos. Robben against them will be the battle of the game.

:D

So you know exactly why they chose Kaká as the player to watch. He's not playing at his best, but he's carrying an injury. He's created 3 out of 8 goals, nearly half, so I think he is doing a good job for the team.

As are several others, like Lúcio and Juan, or Maicon, or Luís Fabiano. No need to select Kaká as the player to watch every game.

His assists hide the fact he was useless in large parts of these games, besides the fact he is also one of the players with worse discipline in the team so far.

kaka has had a decent tournament by his own (2006) standards not a great one. based on previous performances in this world cup fabiano or robinho might have been more natural as the player to watch. their best players are defensive though

As are several others, like Lúcio and Juan, or Maicon, or Luís Fabiano. No need to select Kaká as the player to watch every game.

His assists hide the fact he was useless in large parts of these games, besides the fact he is also one of the players with worse discipline in the team so far.

What more do you want him to do. He is there to create and score, and he is doing one of those roles very well. All he needs is a goal, and tbh it's not really crucial if he continues to make goals at the current rate.

:(

For you that's the key, Paulo. I really doubt Sneijder can make the difference as you protect the center very well. Then van Persie will not touch the ball. So that's the game for you, and for Holland. We ALL now that you will score,so if you stop them, it's over. CL final part II.

What more do you want him to do. He is there to create and score, and he is doing one of those roles very well. All he needs is a goal, and tbh it's not really crucial if he continues to make goals at the current rate.

I am not complaining about his performances as they are more or less like I expected, decent but not good enough to be the best player in the team or in the squad. My complaint is with FIFA treating these performances as more special than those of other players, who have done better than him.

For you that's the key, Paulo. I really doubt Sneijder can make the difference as you protect the center very well. Then van Persie will not touch the ball. So that's the game for you, and for Holland. We ALL now that you will score,so if you stop them, it's over. CL final part II.

I completely agree with what you said, it's just that it would be funny to have either of them as the player to watch, as they are the players to watch in a negative way.

Brazils left side surely does look the weaker side of their defense. Netherlands going to need some Robben magic and for RvP to wake up

I completely agree with what you said, it's just that it would be funny to have either of them as the player to watch, as they are the players to watch in a negative way.

Watch how Felipe Melo stops Robben. It's boring in some way, yeah. People are not ready for a matchup like that. :D

How do feel about the game? are you scared like the German?

Brazils left side surely does look the weaker side of their defense. Netherlands going to need some Robben magic and for RvP to wake up

The key will be help defence, that's why FM is important. You can't stop Robben one on one anyway.

RvP, well, he will play against Lúcio and Juan. There isn't much hope for him.

How do feel about the game? are you scared like the German?

I am not scared as it's not like if I was so worried if Brazil win the WC or not and I think Brazil is a better team with better players anyway, so it's the Dutch that should be scared.

Only ten? hmmm, Pelé > Maradona. Ronaldinho was great at the national team. Brazil should speak real Portuguese...

Agreed... :D

I am not scared as it's not like if I was so worried if Brazil win the WC or not and I think Brazil is a better team with better players anyway, so it's the Dutch that should be scared.

It's funny how the Germans are talking so much, isn't it? Messi, the SHIRT, the defeat a few months ago in Germany... I didn't expect that from them tbf.

Agreed... :D

Maradona > Pelé. :mad:

I like van persie and I wish he could make THAT step up, but I just don't think he has it in him.

He's a fine player, but think about it.

Lúcio------------Juan

------van Persie

-----Gilberto Silva

He's there, ALONE. But, hey, I'm wrong at times. :D

It's funny how the Germans are talking so much, isn't it? Messi, the SHIRT, the defeat a few months ago in Germany... I didn't expect that from them tbf.

Also, Schweinsteiger complained about Argentina's behavior when they lost to Germany in 2006.

Maradona > Pelé. :mad:

Agreed, Maradona is a better manager and is funnier. :D

I like van persie and I wish he could make THAT step up, but I just don't think he has it in him.

Dont know why RvP hasnt performed up to standards. He surely is capable of performing a lot better than he has been this World Cup. Cant see it suddenly changing tomorrow though. If he was in form he might have really troubled Lucio and Juan

He's a fine player, but think about it.

Lúcio------------Juan

------van Persie

-----Gilberto Silva

He's there, ALONE. But, hey, I'm wrong at times. :D

he won't, but he could use someone like kuyt in the middle to free up van persie a bit more, with robben on either side he feels like playing.

or van persie could be great, pull lúcio and juan out when he drops, whilst out skilling gilberto silva. but he's not great, so that won't happen.

Also, Schweinsteiger complained about Argentina's behavior when they lost to Germany in 2006.

Agreed, Maradona is a better manager and is funnier. :D

And didn't lose his virginity to a man. Maybe that's what you mean when you say that Pelé was more complete?

PS: 99,992, Flamengo were good back then.

he won't, but he could use someone like kuyt in the middle to free up van persie a bit more, with robben on either side he feels like playing.

or van persie could be great, pull lúcio and juan out when he drops, whilst out skilling gilberto silva. but he's not great, so that won't happen.

I think we both have played the game already and he did nothing but moan after being replaced in a desperate attempt to see if Huntelaar can help with the comeback. :thup:

And didn't lost his virginity to a man. Maybe that's what you mean when you say that Pelé was more complete?

True, Pelé is more "eclectic", but Maradona has better taste. :thup:

PS: 99,992, Flamengo were good back then.

Yes, Mengão was. :cool:

By the way, at the moment Dunga gets the approval of 69% of the Brazilians (his all-time highest), according to a survey. In May was 49%.

I wonder how much that will drop if Brazil lose tomorrow.

True, Pelé is more "eclectic", but Maradona has better taste. :thup:

It's strange, but I have never seen Pelé's wife. Oh, and it's sad that Pelé's son wanted to be the next Maradona...

Yes, Mengão was. :cool:

By the way, at the moment Dunga gets the approval of 69% of the Brazilians (his all-time high), according to a survey. In May was 49%.

I wonder how much that will drop if Brazil lose tomorrow.

Who has more pressure in Brazil? the president of the country or the coach of the national team?

It's strange, but I have never seen Pelé's wife. Oh, and it's sad that Pelé's son wanted to be the next Maradona...

Pelé had a couple of wives, dated Xuxa in the 1980s, had a daughter outside of marriage, I don't think he is gay or anything despite what he did when he was a kid.

Who has more pressure in Brazil? the president of the country or the coach of the national team?

The national team manager during WC time for sure, but probably in other periods as well, people here aren't that interested in politics.

I think Dunga's high popularity at the moment is not only because of results, but also because Globo's recent campaign against him backfired, so people who were against him now support him because they dislike Globo even more.

Pelé had a couple of wives, dated Xuxa in the 1980s, had a daughter outside of marriage, I don't think he is gay or anything despite what he did when he was a kid.

I know, I was just kidding. I don't really care about it.

Who hasn't dated Xuxa in Brazil? you can give me a % if you prefer.

The national team manager during WC time for sure, but probably in other periods as well, people here aren't that interested in politics.

I think Dunga's high popularity at the moment is not only because of results, but also because Globo's recent campaign against him backfired, so people who were against him now support him because they dislike Globo even more.

I was expecting that answer tbf. You know I hate Brazil, but THAT press conference after winning the WC is something I would love to see.

I know, I was just kidding. I don't really care about it.

Who hasn't dated Xuxa in Brazil? you can give me a % if you prefer.

Almost anyone born from the 1990s or onwards haven't, I don't know which percentage is that of the whole population though. :D

I was expecting that answer tbf. You know I hate Brazil, but THAT press conference after winning the WC is something I would love to see.

It is on

, although in some videos the swear words are censored.

At least Dunga apologized eventually, but he didn't apologize to Globo. :D

Almost anyone born from the 1990s or onwards haven't, I don't know which percentage is that of the whole population though. :D

That was when she started looking like a whale, isn't it. :(

It is on
, although in some videos the swear words are censored.

At least Dunga apologized eventually, but he didn't apologize to Globo. :D

No, no, I'm talking about the press conference we haven't seen...

And Boa noite again, dream with Robinho, but with clothes on.

Paulo, good night. I expect greatness from you with that 100,000th post, so don't disappoint me/us.

There won't be anything, it will be just like any other post, except that I'll probably mention it's the 100,000th post.

Lance! is already with sensationalistic articles about the shirt Brazil will wear tomorrow:

"As in 1994, Brazil is going to wear blue", mentioning in the article that Brazil have a 7/1/1 record with that shirt. They do mention though that Blue Brazil only defeat was against the Dutch (1974).

No, no, I'm talking about the press conference we haven't seen...

And Boa noite again, dream with Robinho, but with clothes on.

No idea about that one, but I'd rather don't dream about him or any player. :D

Good night!

I think people underestimate us. I hope that we can play our best football and then it will be one hard afternoon for Brazil. I mean Robben is at the top of his game. Who is better and more dangerous than Robben on Brazil's side? Is Kaka really better than Sneijder? I think Real Madrid regrets giving him away to Inter. Is Gilberto Silva currently better than Van Bommel? The only think which is better is probably Brazil's defence. We have unique players in Robben and Sneijder though, which can get through it if they are on top of their game today. This will be a great match. As you can imagine almost the whole country here will watch it. It is bloody hot, but when it is time for the game everyone leaves the lake to watch the game. What a great match for us and for the football world after a bit boring beginning. If we win this we are very close to our first world cup.

Today the world cup begins.

Just home,in time (meeting got cancelled by my German colleagues as they wanted to watch this game as well), getting nervous.

I think people underestimate us.

Agreed, hope for that good brilliant day.

"As in 1994, Brazil is going to wear blue", mentioning in the article that Brazil have a 7/1/1 record with that shirt. They do mention though that Blue Brazil only defeat was against the Dutch (1974).
Let's hope we can continue that tradition :D
Well, no player in the Dutch team is afraid of the Brazilians, but they all admit that Brazil are the favorites in this game, but still think we can win this.

Think the line up in the OP (Thanks PMLF :thup:) for the Dutch is spot on, although Dutch media are expecting a surprise, probably in tactics.

C'mon Oranje

yuyuyuyu-1.gif

This will all come down to how well Robben plays, he'll destroy Bastos if he's on form.

Agreed, this match up between those two players was in all the news papers I have seen and I think Bastos has to worry, Robben is still on form.

These days are so freaking unproductive. Everything I'm doing I'm just thinking about the match. It's just like Pakjesavond, just excited and waiting...

Heck... I dreamed about the match several times tonight. I remember one dream where Holland was playing Brazil AND Japan. We lost 3-2. Not bad against 22 players, I'd say. :thup:

Archived