Group E - Denmark vs Japan 7:30pm BBC1

Charlesbeams

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was good in the CL last season for CSKA, I think? How have so many people not heard of him?

Big clubs were already looking at him when he was playing for VVV and he cost CSKA €8m. I suspect he'll end up at Chelsea in the future.

FFS Denmark /0\ I'm surprised, but not schocked. People had already started to talk about "we can beat Paraguy in the round of 16" etc. And when such things are told, it usually means that they gonna mess up everything.

Kudos to Japan- they played very well :thup:

As for Denmark, a lot needs to be changed. Many players are getting to old (Jørgensen and Grønkjær has already announced that they won't play more games for Denmark) and the younger generation needs to take over

And the only positive thing for Denmark from this game- Jon Dahl finally got his 52nd goal (after not scoring for 2½ years!), which is equaling the alltime record for Denmark :cool:

Surprised at the lack of Honda knowledge here.

This, his former club, VVV sold him for aprox. 10M€, which is more then the total budget of the VVV football club. In Holland we were a bit surprised that only CSKA Moscow made a official bid for him, as he played really well for both VVV and Japan.

Archived