GROUP E - Cameroon v Denmark, 19:30 BST/20:30 CET

Micado

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I quite like Denmark, good goalkeeper, couple of good attacking players, look fairly organized. Could do quite well if they get out the group.

I won the World Cup with them on FIFA :D

Gutted for Cameroon but in the end it wasn't this match that was the problem, it was their dismal display against Japan. Hopefully Ivory Coast can get a draw or shock win tomorrow.

A 5 year old game. Every keeper has dropped a couple of balls in their career.

What English club did Dennis play for? He is still a very good player...**** me

He has been good in the two world cup matches but for the last 3 years the danish fans have demanded him off the team because of his shocking misses, worse than Walcotts croses and giving away counter attacks all the time. In Ajax the 18 year old danish Christian Eriksen (who is btw the youngest world cup player) is keeping him on the bench.

Good game, very good team goal by Denmark for the 1-1 (great long pass By Kjær, good control and assist by Rommedahl and nice finish by Bendtner).

Rommedahl was class yesterday, c'mon Ajax resign him, he wants to stay (for less), sign him up now, don't do a Pantelic ..

Oh, and thank to this result, we, Holland, are the first team to have officially qualified for the round of 16, and Cameroon is the first team that has no chance at all and will play a meaningless 3rd game (against Holland).

What a game. Managed to swing some tickets for it and shouldn't have paid for a seat because I spent most of the match out of it! Kjær looks awesome. On the stats at the end of the game it had Cameroon down for something like 25 shots but they only got a quarter of them on target, and when they did they had a superkeeper to deal with. Just like watching CM01/02 :D

Rommedahl was class yesterday, c'mon Ajax resign him, he wants to stay (for less), sign him up now, don't do a Pantelic ..

AFAIK he already signed for two years more, before the WC.

Awesome match. Best one so far.

I'm so happy that we won and are still in the tournament. With Paraguay looking the likely winners of their group, I can see us going to the quarters (which would be way more than we ever expected).

But oh my God we made some horrible mistakes. It basically looked like clown college in there.

Our first goal was just fabulous. Rommedahl was the hero of the match. In addition to the obvious, he set up Tomasson twice where he should have scored.

Tomasson has looked shaky for years now and should be axed from the team. Too bad he didn't get that 52nd international goal so he could tie our scoring record and retire.

If he'd just scored on one of the occasions, a draw against Japan in our last match would've been sufficient to see us through the group stages. Now we need to win (which we should be able to).

Simon Kjær is banned, unfortunately.

Japan have severe issues finishing attacks though. They don't shoot well from distance and have only Honda to work some individual magic. Then again, I can see Tulio (MoM against Oranje IMO) getting something from a FK.

Don't underestimate Paraguay, there are stronger then many think.

I know :(

They're probably better than us but at least we have a chance.

Now, Switzerland to win their group, please, and Brazil not to lose vs. Portugal.

That gives us a quarter final between the winner of Denmark (potentially, fingers crossed) and most likely Paraguay against the winner of the Swiss and Portugal.

Still not easy matches, but we will stand a decent chance.

Archived